War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

06 SS/SC vs. prelude H22

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
regardless whether or not you can beat an S2000, that car is a 14.1 sec car off the lot. I think with a driver that can utilize the FULL potential of the S2000, no stock SS/SC will beat it. Period. I haven't seen a whole lot of stage 2's running any faster than 14.2-14.5's. Try not to compare the two when speaking of Honda. S2000's are roadsters, and cost about 12k-15k more. Totally different leagues. The SS/SC can only reasonably compare to S2000 from 60', 0-60MPH, 0-100MPH, 1/8 & 1/4 mile times. Pretty much a straight line. Anything else is not very comparable, as the S2000 is designed to be a peppy, agile sports car that is also fun and easy to drive on a daily basis. It's the new definition of Type-R in the States.

I'm not bagging on SS/SC's, but why compare itself to a car that is twice the value? That's like comparing an 05' Mustang GT to an 05' Corvette w/ Z51 package. There's a huge gap between the numbers of those two cars-->price is what fills the gap.

Notice the italics. Those are key words and phrases. Balt's are fast, but they have more responsibility than to just dart like a bat outta hell. (like roadsters and sports cars in general) The Balt has to be civilized at the same time, and heavier because the chassis requires more than just a shotgun rider, and FWD. Compare the Balt to the Civic Si, or that Mazda (not sure of the model), or some other FWD car that is about 20k.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fueledpassion
regardless whether or not you can beat an S2000, that car is a 14.1 sec car off the lot. I think with a driver that can utilize the FULL potential of the S2000, no stock SS/SC will beat it. Period. I haven't seen a whole lot of stage 2's running any faster than 14.2-14.5's. Try not to compare the two when speaking of Honda. S2000's are roadsters, and cost about 12k-15k more. Totally different leagues. The SS/SC can only reasonably compare to S2000 from 60', 0-60MPH, 0-100MPH, 1/8 & 1/4 mile times. Pretty much a straight line. Anything else is not very comparable, as the S2000 is designed to be a peppy, agile sports car that is also fun and easy to drive on a daily basis. It's the new definition of Type-R in the States.

I'm not bagging on SS/SC's, but why compare itself to a car that is twice the value? That's like comparing an 05' Mustang GT to an 05' Corvette w/ Z51 package. There's a huge gap between the numbers of those two cars-->price is what fills the gap.

Notice the italics. Those are key words and phrases. Balt's are fast, but they have more responsibility than to just dart like a bat outta hell. (like roadsters and sports cars in general) The Balt has to be civilized at the same time, and heavier because the chassis requires more than just a shotgun rider, and FWD. Compare the Balt to the Civic Si, or that Mazda (not sure of the model), or some other FWD car that is about 20k.

Good post
Old 09-20-2006, 03:21 PM
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by superSS/SC
He said any honda shipped or built in the USA. NSXs are HONDAS, up until this year they didn't have Acura in Japan, so everything was Honda. If you look on any Acura almost every part says Honda. If you want to be rediculous enough to say we can add Corvettes into this argument, then we can say we could ship over an actual Honda NSX from Japan. That will lay waste to all regular Vettes (z06s excluded they just rule)

He is not right, he can't beat any stock Honda. I love my SS/SC but to say it is faster than every stock s2000 is annoyingly arrogant and completely untrue.
exactly. most acuras here in the US have a honda version in japan that will destroy the US version in every single way. NSX-R will definently beat a vette but not a z06 like you said.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:21 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Quicksilver83
And an s2000 can't beat every cobalt.
nobody ever claimed that it could.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:53 PM

Publication Car Date 0-60 Time 1/4 Mile
Automobile 3/94 5.0 13.9
AutoWeek 8/26/91 5.3 -
Car & Driver 9/90 5.2 13.8 @ 102 MPH
Car & Driver 7/98 4.5 12.9 @ 110 MPH
Motor Trend 12/90 5.4 13.7 @ 103.1 MPH
Motor Trend 9/90 5.5 13.9
Motor Trend 1991 NSX Automatic Tranny 8/91 5.8 14.4 @ 93.3 MPH
Motor Trent 7/93 5.6 13.9
Road & Track 8/90 5.7 14.0 @ 100.0 MPH
Road & Track 6/93 5.8 14.0
Sports Car International 12/90 5.03 13.47 @ 105.6 MPH
Funny how you bold the 12.9 run. Explain the 14.0 and 14.4 runs? On a positive note, I like Honda's a lot. In fact, I've been trying to buy a Pilot for a while now. They make great fuel efficient, cute family vehicles. However, the downfall is that they are much more expensive than other vehicle's in their individual classes, and you do not get the performance for the money. Are Honda engines some of the best quality made in the world? I believe so. Does Honda have great ingenuity? Yes they do. Are they the best bang for the buck? I don't think so. Does their vehicle acceleration justify the price tag? I don't believe so. Would I buy a Honda specifically for turn key street racing? No way!
Old 09-20-2006, 10:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by phxSS
Funny how you bold the 12.9 run. Explain the 14.0 and 14.4 runs? On a positive note, I like Honda's a lot. In fact, I've been trying to buy a Pilot for a while now. They make great fuel efficient, cute family vehicles. However, the downfall is that they are much more expensive than other vehicle's in their individual classes, and you do not get the performance for the money. Are Honda engines some of the best quality made in the world? I believe so. Does Honda have great ingenuity? Yes they do. Are they the best bang for the buck? I don't think so. Does their vehicle acceleration justify the price tag? I don't believe so. Would I buy a Honda specifically for turn key street racing? No way!
The slowest magazine time for an NSX is only .2 slower than the fastest stock ss/sc.

The CRX SI was the fastest FWD car as well as the Type R.

The rest of your points are good.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:02 PM

The slowest magazine time for an NSX is only .2 slower than the fastest stock ss/sc.

The CRX SI was the fastest FWD car as well as the Type R.

The rest of your points are good.

So, you're admitting that the NSX is a lame $90k car? Because it is. I don't recall Honda still makign CRX si's here.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:08 PM
Platinum Member

So, you're admitting that the NSX is a lame $90k car? Because it is. I don't recall Honda still makign CRX si's here.
honda did not design the nsx to go in a straight line. to call it lame just because it's a better all around car is just rediculous. most honda vehicles are not just built for 1/4 mile times. they make them well balanced in all aspects.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by DC52NV
honda did not design the nsx to go in a straight line. to call it lame just because it's a better all around car is just rediculous. most honda vehicles are not just built for 1/4 mile times. they make them well balanced in all aspects.

My whole argument is based on stock Honda's vs. the 2.0 in ACCELERATION ONLY. Based on that, no stock Honda made in the USA is faster than a stock 2.0. S2000 comes closest, but no cigar.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:24 AM
Platinum Member

My whole argument is based on stock Honda's vs. the 2.0 in ACCELERATION ONLY. Based on that, no stock Honda made in the USA is faster than a stock 2.0. S2000 comes closest, but no cigar.
when you say acceleration only, do you mean like in passing speed? how can you even say that you can beat every single s2000 in acceleration? what are you basing this on?....a couple of s2000's that you've street raced? i've seen stock s2000's run high 13's low 14's. so now you've changed it to all honda's in the U.S. only?
Old 09-22-2006, 02:28 AM
Banned

To say an NSX is lame, is lame. They were Corvette/Porsche killers when they first came out and for most of their life. Just because Honda didn't feel the need to completely ravamp them because they didn't have to they still sold most of them doesn't make them lame. Would I own a used one that still goes for 20k+? Hell yeah. Would I have bought one brand new??? Hell no, I LOVE VETTES TOO MUCH. The fact remains they are far from lame.

Who said anything about CRXs still being made??? Can you show me where I or anyone else said that? I said the CRX Si when they came out were the fastest FWD cars, it is a good fact to know.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:05 AM

Try not to think of a car as a "best bang for the buck" vehicle. Instead, think of customer satisfaction. Do people that drive Honda's feel satisfied with their performance? Maybe as much as YOU are satisfied with the SS/SC performance? Perhaps. Maybe, maybe not. Look at Ferrari and Porsche owners out there. These cars are very expensive, (unless you buy a boxter) yet look at how happy most of the owners are of their rides. They don't give a crap that another car out there can outperform, outlook, and outdrive all together in EVERY aspect for half (or less) the price. As far as I'm concerned..if you want THAT car and THAT car only-->and you're satisfied with the price tag vs. value, then buy it and be happy. I just watched a video of a Porsche Carrera GT (app. $600k value) race a C6 with a Procharged LS2. Guess who one? The Corvette did, and after the first 100' of the run there was no comparison between the two. (As far as acceleration) Yet, I can imagine the Carrera GT driver is still VERY, VERY happy with his car, regardless how much slower it might be compared to GM's finest. Moving on.

Japan doesn't give a rats ass about 1/4 mile times. We don't influence Japan's automotive industry, THEY influence us. What they care about in performance, we will eventually care about. The Honda S2000, NSX, and Type-R's are NOT designed to kill competition in accleration in a straight line. Instead, their designed to kill competition through the curves, because in all honesty...it's WAY more fun to drive WOT through a nice turn than to drive WOT in a straight line. You actually experience a whole new force when accelerating through a turn that you can't experience otherwise. Comparing these cars are like comparing apples and oranges. Their from different countries, with different societies and preferences, different forms of aspiration (FI or NA), different chassis, different sizes, different powerbands even. WAY different gearing--> this fact alone should tell you what cars are good at what type of driving. Hell, you've even gone as far as to compare a 2 seater drop-top roadster to a 2 door coupe FWD.

As a closing statement...Many parts on the NSX are hand built. Including the engine. That goes for ALL Type-R's as well. This is partly why the car is so expensive. The other reason is because of limited production.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Fueledpassion
Try not to think of a car as a "best bang for the buck" vehicle. Instead, think of customer satisfaction. Do people that drive Honda's feel satisfied with their performance? Maybe as much as YOU are satisfied with the SS/SC performance? Perhaps. Maybe, maybe not. Look at Ferrari and Porsche owners out there. These cars are very expensive, (unless you buy a boxter) yet look at how happy most of the owners are of their rides. They don't give a crap that another car out there can outperform, outlook, and outdrive all together in EVERY aspect for half (or less) the price. As far as I'm concerned..if you want THAT car and THAT car only-->and you're satisfied with the price tag vs. value, then buy it and be happy. I just watched a video of a Porsche Carrera GT (app. $600k value) race a C6 with a Procharged LS2. Guess who one? The Corvette did, and after the first 100' of the run there was no comparison between the two. (As far as acceleration) Yet, I can imagine the Carrera GT driver is still VERY, VERY happy with his car, regardless how much slower it might be compared to GM's finest. Moving on.

Japan doesn't give a rats ass about 1/4 mile times. We don't influence Japan's automotive industry, THEY influence us. What they care about in performance, we will eventually care about. The Honda S2000, NSX, and Type-R's are NOT designed to kill competition in accleration in a straight line. Instead, their designed to kill competition through the curves, because in all honesty...it's WAY more fun to drive WOT through a nice turn than to drive WOT in a straight line. You actually experience a whole new force when accelerating through a turn that you can't experience otherwise. Comparing these cars are like comparing apples and oranges. Their from different countries, with different societies and preferences, different forms of aspiration (FI or NA), different chassis, different sizes, different powerbands even. WAY different gearing--> this fact alone should tell you what cars are good at what type of driving. Hell, you've even gone as far as to compare a 2 seater drop-top roadster to a 2 door coupe FWD.

As a closing statement...Many parts on the NSX are hand built. Including the engine. That goes for ALL Type-R's as well. This is partly why the car is so expensive. The other reason is because of limited production.
14.0 1/4 time in a $90k car=LAME. End of this argument.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:37 PM
Platinum Member

14.0 1/4 time in a $90k car=LAME. End of this argument.
some say needing a s/c in a 4 cyl out of the factory to beat honda civics is lame. guess you just simply ignore the 12's and 13's the NSX has ran stock. it's typical coming from you though.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:19 PM

some say needing a s/c in a 4 cyl out of the factory to beat honda civics is lame. guess you just simply ignore the 12's and 13's the NSX has ran stock. it's typical coming from you though.

oooooo look who's upset? usually you keep your cool, but it looks like I found a weak spot in you yes, I have read high 12's low 13's out of them. But I want someone to explain to me the 14.0 and 14.4 qt's. And also ask "bulldog71ss" about his experience beating an NSX in his 2.0 (he has video proof).
Old 09-26-2006, 10:23 PM
Banned

oooooo look who's upset? usually you keep your cool, but it looks like I found a weak spot in you yes, I have read high 12's low 13's out of them. But I want someone to explain to me the 14.0 and 14.4 qt's. And also ask "bulldog71ss" about his experience beating an NSX in his 2.0 (he has video proof).
Dont be a dick.

bulldog raced an auto.

explain the 15 and 16 second ss/sc....

game set match
Old 09-26-2006, 11:54 PM
Platinum Member

upset? haha you wish. well actually you don't. cuz if i were upset you'd be enjoying your vacation. [sarcasm]yeah, bulldog beat an auto nsx that is impressive. [/sarcasm]
Old 09-27-2006, 10:02 AM

I think it's funny that someone would talk smack to a moderator.

Anyways, it's all in preference. Who gives a crap if the car is 90k and takes a good driver to run 13's. As a side note: I actually had the opportunity to see one of these NSX's in person. I was actaully in Hawaii at the time, and all I can say is WOW. The car does have a matchbox look to it. Very impressive to see one in person, I assure you. Even if it is slow as hell. But actually, the one I saw was twin turbo'ed and putting out over 600rwhp using the stock internals. Pretty impressive I thought. So in the end the guy invested some 105K into the car for an 11 second rare sports car (JDM version right hand drive) that can out handle many, many of it's competitors...I've heard of much, much worse investments in my time.

I also noticed that phxSS is really, really hatin' on everything about a Honda. Don't really know why. Something that leads back to hp/dollar ratio or somethin I imagine. Yes, the S2000 does cost 34k (if you get ripped) and can only beat the SS/SC by a few lengths in the straight line. BUT, the car can be sold 5 years later w/ 60k+ miles on it and STILL be worth more in value than the SS/SC is off the lot! Besides that, Honda has options...that S2000 has the option of being NA-280whp, supercharged to numbers way beyond 300whp, or turbo'd to 400+whp in a rwd drop-top that weighs a mere 2800lbs. That's competitive against an 06 Z06! And dump the whole factory vs. factory bullshit. Everyone on here are racers, hardcore enthusiasts. NOTHING is left stock. Don't consider stock vs. stock only when trashing a competitors performance. Racers modify, and make faster. If your into keeping your Balt stock...your on the wrong site man, everyone here has a heart for racing and street tuning. Same applies with other vehicles including Honda enthusiasts--> they purchase Honda's with modifying in mind. Besides that, you seem to have the same problem as the original poster did..your comparing a domestic 06 model car to an imported 5+ year old car. Do you know how far the automakers can go with 5+ years of revisions and new designs? It's not even close man...the 00' Civic Si was a bad-ass 4 banger in it's time. No domestic company had a 160 hp NA setup from a 1.6L! Some 4 bangers STILL don't have that kinda performance. Don't be so narrow minded.

Last edited by Fueledpassion; 09-27-2006 at 10:37 AM.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:15 PM

No one has STILL explained the 14.0 and 14.4 times quoted in the mags for the NSX.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:17 PM

Dont be a dick.

bulldog raced an auto.

explain the 15 and 16 second ss/sc....

game set match

I repeat: $90k car with 252hp and runs 14's= LAME. End of this argument.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:27 PM
Platinum Member

I repeat: $90k car with 252hp and runs 14's= LAME. End of this argument.
needing a s/c to beat a honda civic = lame.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:55 PM
Banned

No one has STILL explained the 14.0 and 14.4 times quoted in the mags for the NSX.
Crappy drivers in automatics.

Can you explain the the 15 and 16 second SS/SC times???
Old 09-27-2006, 10:10 PM

needing a s/c to beat a honda civic = lame.
Come on dude, you're not stupid. If you Honestly think that the LSJ motor would beat a Honda motor wihtout F/I you are in fact retarded. So what you're a Moderator, you're still a person. Face facts, the LSJ is designed around the supercharger that comes with it and without it it's useless. That's just like saying an SRT-4 is impotent without it's T/C. The NSX was good in it's time, but that time has past. That would be like me saying that a 3rd Gen Z28 is the best car ever made, and it's still lame to talk smack about it. Honestly, get over the fact that you drive a Honda product and moderate for domestics.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:14 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by StinkBOMB
Come on dude, you're not stupid. If you Honestly think that the LSJ motor would beat a Honda motor wihtout F/I you are in fact retarded. So what you're a Moderator, you're still a person. Face facts, the LSJ is designed around the supercharger that comes with it and without it it's useless. That's just like saying an SRT-4 is impotent without it's T/C. The NSX was good in it's time, but that time has past. That would be like me saying that a 3rd Gen Z28 is the best car ever made, and it's still lame to talk smack about it. Honestly, get over the fact that you drive a Honda product and moderate for domestics.
my post went completely over your head.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:15 PM

I love you all.

Quick Reply: 06 SS/SC vs. prelude H22