War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

07 cobalt ss/sc vs. cop on lunch

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 01:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love it!!!! Cops in America.... very few good ones in my opionion. One of my friends is a Tacoma Police officer... were out one night havin drinks and hes telling us how they stereo type people and cars and thats how they know who they are going to go after. the very next morning i hear on the radio that the tacoma police chief just did a public interview claiming they dont stereo type. HAHA
Old 12-21-2007, 01:53 PM

Well depends on the sterotype... If 4 black guys rob a store, why are they going to pull over a car full of white kids? They play the percentages.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Alpine_Canada
You probably shouldn't have named your thread that cause I came in here expecting that for some reason, you managed to race a cop on lunch.
x2^
Old 12-23-2007, 01:26 PM

well I asked a guy from work that is 2 months away from being deputized or whatever they do..... he said file a report against her becasue I didnt exibit any illegal actions other than the perception that iwas speeding. He said since she was in her personal vehicle and did not have a uniform on she cannot legaly detain me for a speeding violation. the main reason being she claimed to be following me the whole time and if she was following me at the quoted 70 she is just as guilty. O well the day after christmas i gotta go to the sheriffis department to file a report and file the damage claim, I dunno its so hard for me to volentarily go to the place i try so hard to avoid LOL....
Old 12-23-2007, 09:01 PM

so if the officer did not clock you or gestimate your speed can you get out of a ticket...i got a ticket but the cop did not actually use radar or anything..he said i appeard to be speeding...
Old 12-24-2007, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by brownbandit9
so if the officer did not clock you or gestimate your speed can you get out of a ticket...i got a ticket but the cop did not actually use radar or anything..he said i appeard to be speeding...
The officer was in her personal car (looked like an 04 chrysler siebring) so she had no radar in the car. She claimed to be following me thats how she knew the speed, the only problem is Im sure off-duty personal cars are not allowed to chase cars in their personal cars. As far as geting a ticket without being clocked, I belive is legal as long as the cop is in the cruiser, however iv always been told they have to show you the radar if you ask. what it all comes down to is a cop can write you a ticket for anything its just weather it will hold up in court or not.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by snyderc
The officer was in her personal car (looked like an 04 chrysler siebring) so she had no radar in the car. She claimed to be following me thats how she knew the speed, the only problem is Im sure off-duty personal cars are not allowed to chase cars in their personal cars. As far as geting a ticket without being clocked, I belive is legal as long as the cop is in the cruiser, however iv always been told they have to show you the radar if you ask. what it all comes down to is a cop can write you a ticket for anything its just weather it will hold up in court or not.
I believe pacing is illegal and not a valid form of tracking someones speed. another thing... i dont know about everywhere, but if a cop is on the side of a road at night radaring people, he/she has to have at least their running lights on. its something about entrapment or some crap (in washington). Also if a cop pulls u over and tries to give u a ticket and u notice a headlight out or something like that... call them on it, Im under the impression they cant give you a ticket for whatever u did because theyre not even suppose to have their cruiser out on the road if its not in proper safety guidelines.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:39 PM

right but i got a ticket and the cop didnt even clock he. he siad i looked like i was speeding..cant i fight that since the ticket doesnt say any form of measuring my speed
Old 12-25-2007, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Alpine_Canada
You probably shouldn't have named your thread that cause I came in here expecting that for some reason, you managed to race a cop on lunch.
same.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS
Isn't it called General Tao's Chicken?
The drug dog was scratching at the door cause he smelled his relatives simmering in youre paper bag.

Sounds like you got the full business from Ol'Bill.... Good on you for standing your ground, however had you been going the proper speed limit, none of this would have happened. Sucks when you get bent over, but these cops deal with jerk offs all day. Doesnt make it right, but they are human too. Sometimes you may get one after he has had a bad day himself. I know, I have several family members in SWAT, Homicide etc. I also know there are some realllllyyyy bad apples out there with the tin too.

One officer was fired last year for pulling over young girls at DUI roadblocks and forcing them to leave their cars in a parking lot. He would drive them home (HIS HOUSE) and get REAL greasy with them... He would say "I just have to get something at my place, I can't leave you in the cruiser. Besides the extra time will allow for you BAC to decline".... fukin true story.

Until, the reverse sting took place and the greasebag hit on an undercover... lmao They are pretty good at taking out their trash.

if i was that dog i would have scratched the **** outta ur door too!
but the situation is still fucked up i say. In the words of NWA: "**** the police!"
Old 01-05-2008, 10:26 AM

A friend and I rolled into a sobriety check point about a week ago in a town 45 miles from where we live. We were last in a line of about 9 cars. When we got close, they said to pull up to the first officer, so we did.

Officer shined light in my face and said "Let me see your license and registration." So I unbuckled and started to dig my wallet out. An officer came walking up from behind before I could get my hand in my pocket and said, "I LIKE that tag you've got there!" He then instructed the other officer to turn us loose.

We laughed and said OK. Asked them if they were SURE they didn't want to see the credentials... They said have a good night!

What did my tag say? GOZILLA Imagine that.. Being let go because of a cool license plate
Old 01-05-2008, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by rockkrawler628
same here... I'm a criminal justice major... That sh*t comes in handy alot. Doesn't it? Its a shame some cops out there take advantage of their power.. Is it be no wonder people hate cops... I don't blame them... Even though im going to school to become a Statie
Not the right way to think when dealing with a cop or anyone in any line of work. Trust me i know. Yes you do have extra knowledge suggest keeping it to yourself until you really need it the court room