War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

07 SS S/C VS 08 SS t/C

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im not calling b.s. on your post. i believe you, However when there are 2 equal drivers behind the wheel that know what they are doing with their car and how it operates it would be a little different. Good kill and you have bragging rights.

Dig runs the SC is better off the line from my experience and i got my friend with just a 2.8 + custom tune from a dig by 2-3 busses. Im assuming he doesnt know how to launch the turbo cobalt.

Anyway gj, id race another tc with a good driver OR why not have you 2 swap cobalts and see what the outcome is?

6 car lead vs a turbo cobalt is like claiming you have 275 whp.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:11 AM

Phantom - the Sc has 16in tires. the Tc 18. longer spool time for the tc
Old 12-02-2008, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Galelio
theirs no story,and we did race from a digg.read my post properly before getting your panties up your ass crack.

i never said the guy cried for his sc back,whats your problem. the guy said if he could re-do his decision(as in buying his car) he'd buy a s/c instead of a t/c.thats his choice not yours.

we raced 3 times,2 times from a roll and once from a digg,im an excellent driver maybe hes not as good,i dont know ive never seen him drive i can only rely on my friend who was with him and said he was a good driver.if anyone here is from my area with a t/c ill take you on no problem.
im from the northshore of montreal,no exactly quebec city.

at the end of the day i dont care if you beleive me or not,im sharing my experience. if you wanna hate because you have all these mods and coulnt pull more then 2 cars on a t/c then hate. lots of things can come into play in a race. and i say this because i know you guys care or else you woulnt take the time to come here and bash/hate/ try to put others down.

Dude, I am not hating... lol relax... I wish you were closer, come to luskville dragway Quebec in the spring though. Would be a fun race. Spot me 4 car lengths, and we can throw some $dough$ into the mix to add to the exitement. How's that? However I dont think I am going to be able to resist not bolting my toys up and tuning though ... So if thats the case, we'll run heads up then as I should be able to at least hang with a stage 2 SC and make up all those lengths....

What strip do you run at, if it's half way lets just meet there. PM me for my contact info, let's take this to the track, no 40 roll bs .. lol

Was his TC new? Mine was boost limited and slow for the first 1000 miles then it really opened up. Not making excuses as I love the sc and know there's plenty of m62's that will put a "stock" tc to shame. That's a fact I have no problems with at all.

if you wanna hate because you have all these mods and coulnt pull more then 2 cars on a t/c then hate.
What are you talking about? ...

Last edited by SuperchargedSS; 12-02-2008 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-02-2008, 11:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have more mods then you and when i raced a t/c last week the most i got him by was a car length and the drive of the t/c was not that good of a driver with a good driver i know i would have lost
Old 12-02-2008, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Bl4des
i have more mods then you and when i raced a t/c last week the most i got him by was a car length and the drive of the t/c was not that good of a driver with a good driver i know i would have lost
2.8 + H/E + Custom Tune = you win til 100 mph no matter how good that tc is.

methanol you will hold the win past 100. Our superchargers drag ***** while that turbo is just getting warmed up during that time.

+10000000 invis realistic rep
Old 12-02-2008, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomSS
2.8 + H/E + Custom Tune = you win til 100 mph no matter how good that tc is.

methanol you will hold the win past 100. Our superchargers drag ***** while that turbo is just getting warmed up during that time.

+10000000 invis realistic rep
This man speaks truth.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:22 PM

T/C needs driver mod or maybe ic piping fix. I pulled a neon srt-4 pretty hard the other day. Id love to see a stage 2 SC do that
Old 12-02-2008, 12:54 PM

When Marin and I were at the track, the night he first cracked 13s, his best was a 13.9something, and mine was a 14.0something. He was trapping 104, I was trapping 102.6ish.

We never both had good runs side-side that night, but our two best runs were so close that reaction time would have been the outcome of the race.

However with him trapping higher, its clear that from a roll race the TC would have pulled on me.

Since then I made some improvements to my car, and can trap 104, but the point is that most TC's will be a very close race to Stage 2 + bolt-ons (meth should give the edge to the SC though).

Kevin
Old 12-02-2008, 12:57 PM

the tc had already 40,000KM on it.

and phantom that does sound like a good idea to switch drivers.

and supercharged ss,we can meet up at napierville dragway wenver you want after winter.
and like i said no need to focus on the ''6'' car lead,as i said i was watching threw my mirror and at 200km.h i glimpsed pretty quickly,so it could of been 4,5cars.

im looking forward to race another t/c,win or lose its just fun to compare cars and set ups,drivers ect.. nothing serious.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by OntarioKev
When Marin and I were at the track, the night he first cracked 13s, his best was a 13.9something, and mine was a 14.0something. He was trapping 104, I was trapping 102.6ish.

We never both had good runs side-side that night, but our two best runs were so close that reaction time would have been the outcome of the race.

However with him trapping higher, its clear that from a roll race the TC would have pulled on me.

Since then I made some improvements to my car, and can trap 104, but the point is that most TC's will be a very close race to Stage 2 + bolt-ons (meth should give the edge to the SC though).

Kevin
what i expected for 1/4 times. By the time 100 mph hits the TC starts walking s2 cobalts. With a 2.8+H/E+Custom tune it is 110mph. So yea, the sc has the advantage. If you look at your 1/8 slips you can brag you beat him on the 1/8th. TC picks up on the back end.

Originally Posted by Galelio
the tc had already 40,000KM on it.

and phantom that does sound like a good idea to switch drivers.

and supercharged ss,we can meet up at napierville dragway wenver you want after winter.
and like i said no need to focus on the ''6'' car lead,as i said i was watching threw my mirror and at 200km.h i glimpsed pretty quickly,so it could of been 4,5cars.

im looking forward to race another t/c,win or lose its just fun to compare cars and set ups,drivers ect.. nothing serious.
np man, i just didnt want everyone thinking getting sc stage 2 = automatic win against a tc when it really depends on what the conditions are.

Also if you do a 60 roll, the TC will really out-shine the SC.

Last edited by PhantomSS; 12-02-2008 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-02-2008, 01:23 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
"blah blah blah. My TC is the greatest ferrari that ever came out! Blah blah we're so much better than everything else! Blah blah blah, a story about a SC beating a TC?!!!!?!?!?!!?!?! Lets not give the guy props, because he beat one of our god like cars. Lets remind him of how inferior his car is!! blah blah blah blah, our TCs are so much better than the SCs! We're so great and mighty!"

Damn this community has changed.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake
"blah blah blah. My TC is the greatest ferrari that ever came out! Blah blah we're so much better than everything else! Blah blah blah, a story about a SC beating a TC?!!!!?!?!?!!?!?! Lets not give the guy props, because he beat one of our god like cars. Lets remind him of how inferior his car is!! blah blah blah blah, our TCs are so much better than the SCs! We're so great and mighty!"

tell us how you really feel.

btw saying that s2s walk tcs by 5+ cars is going to need a flame suit.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:27 PM

Gladly, too many cocky douche bags have come here, it used to be a lot more respect running around, now.....all about one uping people. Sad.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:28 PM

Gladly, too many cocky douche bags have come here, it used to be a lot more respect running around, now.....all about one uping people. Sad.
are you implying im bashing cobalt ss/scs?
saying how great tcs are? etc?
Old 12-02-2008, 01:30 PM

are you implying im bashing cobalt ss/scs?
saying how great tcs are? etc?
Not JUST you. Every tc owner. Especially the sc to tc converts. They're some of the worst.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:32 PM

I have 254 whp 237 tq and didn't even take the tc by more than 3 cars
Do you have a vid posted of this because i think i have seen it but i wasnt aware that you were making that kinda power. While the ops story seems a little over exagerated i would think that you would have pulled a tc alot harder with your mods. Im not sure what the tcs put down stock but id guess it be about 235-240whp. I guess what tim trying to say is diferent drivers, cars, conditions can really affect a race. I believe that the op could beat a tc, prob not by as much as he said though. You are definatly right though, if it did happen it really isnt a typical result.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by jvc06sc
Do you have a vid posted of this because i think i have seen it but i wasnt aware that you were making that kinda power. While the ops story seems a little over exagerated i would think that you would have pulled a tc alot harder with your mods. Im not sure what the tcs put down stock but id guess it be about 235-240whp. I guess what tim trying to say is diferent drivers, cars, conditions can really affect a race. I believe that the op could beat a tc, prob not by as much as he said though. You are definatly right though, if it did happen it really isnt a typical result.
vid is somewhere, i lost but hung with him 40-150 with a 200 lbs passenger and untuned on methanol (10 AFR).
Without the passenger i take him 2-3 cars depending. Alot more from a dig (busses) but he doesnt know his LC so no point posting about that.

here is the link

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/war-stories-54/ss-sc-cobalt-vs-turbo-cobalt-vid-141589/

dyno (blue line was an experimental 2nd gear pull)

60" 2.41 @ 29.6 mph
330 6.13@ 65.1 mph
1/8 9.07@ 84.7 mph
1000 11.54@ 100 mph
1/4 13.6@ 109.3 mph

1/4 times (sorry no slip / tough)

btw back in the day everyone was a fanboi of the 2.0 lsj....hyping it to no ends...even beating GTOs. I was stoked after seeing videos of it.

Know what? i got a RUDE awakening by what a p.o.s. hatch with a broken latch (they all have broken hood latches) destroys you on vid. Sauced s2000s that are supposedly "stock" and have their bottle hidden. Stock 6.0 gtos that hit 11s on the 1/4 and my favorite one, the 327 whp camaro with drag radials destroying you worse than the gto. 400 whp srt4s slapping you like an idiot down the streets while banging your steering wheel in frustration.....

you get the idea. the m62 is incredibly limited as any senior member will tell you. Everyone goes through the fanboi stage.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:41 PM

+1

New blood in here. Dont want to accept that a bone stock TC is about equal to a stage 1 SS/SC with a catback and CAI.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
+1

New blood in here. Dont want to accept that a bone stock TC is about equal to a stage 1 SS/SC with a catback and CAI.
til about 90 mph
Old 12-02-2008, 01:45 PM

til about 90 mph
dunno about that. Remember it has a 7k redline, not like the TC.

or wait..... Does it? Or is that stage 2?
Old 12-02-2008, 01:46 PM

60" 2.41 @ 29.6 mph
330 6.13@ 65.1 mph
1/8 9.07@ 84.7 mph
1000 11.54@ 100 mph
1/4 13.6@ 109.3 mph

1/4 times (sorry no slip / tough)

btw back in the day everyone was a fanboi of the 2.0 lsj....hyping it to no ends...even beating GTOs. I was stoked after seeing videos of it.

Know what? i got a RUDE awakening by what a p.o.s. hatch with a broken latch (they all have broken hood latches) destroys you on vid. Sauced s2000s that are supposedly "stock" and have their bottle hidden. Stock 6.0 gtos that hit 11s on the 1/4 and my favorite one, the 327 whp camaro with drag radials destroying you worse than the gto. 400 whp srt4s slapping you like an idiot down the streets while banging your steering wheel in frustration.....

you get the idea. the m62 is incredibly limited as any senior member will tell you. Everyone goes through the fanboi stage.
I'm not denying that at all, the m62 is extremely limited "EXTREMELY", but seriously, coming on here now, its a "Lets put down the LSJ" party. Its getting hard to enjoy this car for what its worth with constantly being slapped in the face with how inferior my car supposedly is.

+1

Eh, I wouldn't say that totlaly. I'd give it 60s and a 2.8 pulley, MAYBE.

But seriously, I'm just getting tired of being told how shitty my car is. Makes me want to de mod sell it and get an easy go fast car like an evo or sti or srt-4 or something. seriously, I never thought I'd come here when I'm having a shitty day and only feel more shitty about my sorry excuse for a car.

7k redline is stage 2 i think.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:47 PM

dunno about that. Remember it has a 7k redline, not like the TC.

or wait..... Does it? Or is that stage 2?
yea that helps but at the end of 3rd TC pulls no matter the shift.

s1 or s2 have 7k rpm limits and it does help
tc is 6500 i think.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
stage 1 and stage 2 are the same exact tune
Old 12-02-2008, 01:50 PM

yea that helps but at the end of 3rd TC pulls no matter the shift.

s1 or s2 have 7k rpm limits and it does help
tc is 6500 i think.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:52 PM

Eh, I wouldn't say that totlaly. I'd give it 60s and a 2.8 pulley, MAYBE.

But seriously, I'm just getting tired of being told how shitty my car is. Makes me want to de mod sell it and get an easy go fast car like an evo or sti or srt-4 or something. seriously, I never thought I'd come here when I'm having a shitty day and only feel more shitty about my sorry excuse for a car.
sorry if you thought i was bashing an lsj...hell i have one. slapped alot of bolt ons to it the past 6 months to get it this quick. We have cobalts, no one is saying the SC is inferior. Hell there are TVS swapped lsjs making plenty more power than the TC could with a tune+exhaust.

My problem is when i was a newb on this site, i thought posts like these were all real. Then come to find out i look like an idiot having the same mods vs the same car and getting destroyed. Anyway make up the fairy tales or rub each other up about how the lsj wins vs all, ill stay out of these.

Originally Posted by Bl4des
stage 1 and stage 2 are the same exact tune
yea hence both are 7k

ah yea thats right. he always complains about that. But TC has different gearing.

Last edited by PhantomSS; 12-02-2008 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: 07 SS S/C VS 08 SS t/C