War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

07 SS S/C VS 08 SS t/C

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 01:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the 7k redline makes a big difference when i raced the tc i would still be pulling then he has to shift and drops back and never made that ground back up
Old 12-02-2008, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake
I'm not denying that at all, the m62 is extremely limited "EXTREMELY", but seriously, coming on here now, its a "Lets put down the LSJ" party. Its getting hard to enjoy this car for what its worth with constantly being slapped in the face with how inferior my car supposedly is.

Eh, I wouldn't say that totlaly. I'd give it 60s and a 2.8 pulley, MAYBE.

But seriously, I'm just getting tired of being told how shitty my car is. Makes me want to de mod sell it and get an easy go fast car like an evo or sti or srt-4 or something. seriously, I never thought I'd come here when I'm having a shitty day and only feel more shitty about my sorry excuse for a car.

7k redline is stage 2 i think.
60's and a 2.8 may be too generous. Ive heard non pullied stage 2 SS/SC's beating a stock SS/TC in the war stories on here. There was a video and everything.

Originally Posted by Bl4des
the 7k redline makes a big difference when i raced the tc i would still be pulling then he has to shift and drops back and never made that ground back up
+1

This will cause the turbo to lag slightly and lose a little ground, where as the SC is already at full boost the second u hit the gas.

Since when is it all about the SS/SC vs the SS/TC?? Honestly the LSJ is still ahead of the game in terms of technology, so lets give it the respect it rightfully deserves. In addition, if the LSJ wasnt made, there wouldnt be a SS/TC, so newbies plz respect it.

Last edited by 1BADSS/SC; 12-02-2008 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-02-2008, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
60's and a 2.8 may be too generous. Ive heard non pullied stage 2 SS/SC's beating a stock SS/TC in the war stories on here. There was a video and everything.

+1

This will cause the turbo to lag slightly and lose a little ground, where as the SC is already at full boost the second u hit the gas.
recirculating valve in competitive mode = no they dont lose boost.

k sure... stage 2 is obviously 260 bhp....gm made an error.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomSS
recirculating valve in competitive mode = no they dont lose boost.

k sure... stage 2 is obviously 260 bhp....gm made an error.
U mean, no lift shift? So that does allow no boost loss. Didnt think it did that. U sure?
Old 12-02-2008, 02:02 PM

U mean, no lift shift? So that does allow no boost loss. Didnt think it did that. U sure?
competitive mode does a number of things,

recirculating valve for the turbo to not lose boost,
traction control delete,
NLS

etc
Old 12-02-2008, 02:06 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Since when is it all about the SS/SC vs the SS/TC?? Honestly the LSJ is still ahead of the game in terms of technology, so lets give it the respect it rightfully deserves. In addition, if the LSJ wasnt made, there wouldnt be a SS/TC, so newbies plz respect it.
This sadly wont happen dude. The LSJ is just a **** box now that gets no respect because its not an LNF. Seriously, after today, my drive for wanting to mod and be different with the LSJ...is gone. I'm going back home in a couple of weeks to demod it, and hopefully sell it for something else.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:07 PM

sorry if you thought i was bashing an lsj...hell i have one. slapped alot of bolt ons to it the past 6 months to get it this quick. We have cobalts, no one is saying the SC is inferior. Hell there are TVS swapped lsjs making plenty more power than the TC could with a tune+exhaust.

My problem is when i was a newb on this site, i thought posts like these were all real. Then come to find out i look like an idiot having the same mods vs the same car and getting destroyed. Anyway make up the fairy tales or rub each other up about how the lsj wins vs all, ill stay out of these.

yea hence both are 7k

ah yea thats right. he always complains about that. But TC has different gearing.

well what i said is not a fairy tale,its my experience,you take it and make what you want from it. But thats with every race,with any car.

guys with stock srt4s will say they beat s/c,guys with sc will say they beat srt-4,then youll here a guy with a wrx say he beat a s/c or t/c,or srt4 or whatever,everyone has upset or won a race.the point is to share your story,drivers are humans they can mistakes,and some can be better then others.

so its not cause i beat this t/c cobalt that i will beat another one.
my point in starting this thread was sharing my race not to make a 4-5-6page thread of its impossible,or this or that,or t/c can never loose.

i mean, we all know if cobalts had vtecs then they would never loose.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:11 PM

didnt say yours was, but that guy was sleeping or trying to figure out where the gas pedal was if you beat him by 5-6 cars. Hell lets just say you beat him by a couple of BUSES!

thats about 6 cars yes? 2 buses? lol lets just get crazy with this.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:15 PM

At our dyno day I beat Marins car by 0.8hp, lol and I won't bother discussing torque because he had WAY more then me.

The dyno day was after I added a H/E, 2.9 pully, and better tune (though still a little conservative).

So my car basically made essentially the same power as Marin's stock TC, though his may be making a little more then others, we can't tell because the only other TC to dyno that day had a hack-job exhaust put on that lost him a lot of power (he got that fixed soon after we pointed it out to him).

The TC cars are pretty quick, but not unbeatable by SC's, especially with meth, a 2.8 and decent tune.

Kevin
Old 12-02-2008, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by OntarioKev
At our dyno day I beat Marins car by 0.8hp, lol and I won't bother discussing torque because he had WAY more then me.

The dyno day was after I added a H/E, 2.9 pully, and better tune (though still a little conservative).

So my car basically made essentially the same power as Marin's stock TC, though his may be making a little more then others, we can't tell because the only other TC to dyno that day had a hack-job exhaust put on that lost him a lot of power (he got that fixed soon after we pointed it out to him).

The TC cars are pretty quick, but not unbeatable by SC's, especially with meth, a 2.8 and decent tune.

Kevin
yup, can beat a tc with ease now with that setup....but not by buses.....lol
Old 12-02-2008, 02:18 PM

didnt say yours was, but that guy was sleeping or trying to figure out where the gas pedal was if you beat him by 5-6 cars. Hell lets just say you beat him by a couple of BUSES!

thats about 6 cars yes? 2 buses? lol lets just get crazy with this.
dude,he was obviously flooring it,and i stated 2 times how i "judged/misjudged" the distance,now if you want to continue on your bandwagon or hating do so,but its pointless and i honestly dont feel like defending my point and i wont. what happened happened.

anywho,to change the topic cause im sure it will never end.
how do you think a ss/sc s2 would compare to a caliber srt-4???
my good friend just got one,so i want to know your opinions .before i start another one of these threads,this way i will know if its worth it or not.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:20 PM

Bottom line:

SC always loses aginst TC with equal driver and 'equal' mods.

SC sucks and TC is way better, bottom line. We're the scum of the earth

Originally Posted by Galelio
dude,he was obviously flooring it,and i stated 2 times how i "judged/misjudged" the distance,now if you want to continue on your bandwagon or hating do so,but its pointless and i honestly dont feel like defending my point and i wont. what happened happened.

anywho,to change the topic cause im sure it will never end.
how do you think a ss/sc s2 would compare to a caliber srt-4???
my good friend just got one,so i want to know your opinions .before i start another one of these threads,this way i will know if its worth it or not.
We'll lose. We're SC's, the scum of the earth.

Last edited by Scythe_Snake; 12-02-2008 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-02-2008, 02:20 PM

Bottom line:

SC always loses aginst TC with equal driver and 'equal' mods.

SC sucks and TC is way better, bottom line.
you speak the truth.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:22 PM

Sadly, its the gist of what I'm getting from this forum now. I don't feel welcome here at all anymore. lol

But against a CSRT-4, if its modded, you'll lose. they're about as fast as SRT-4 neons.

Edit your first post so we don't have angry tc drivers coming in here.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:24 PM

Sadly, its the gist of what I'm getting from this forum now. I don't feel welcome here at all anymore. lol

But against a CSRT-4, if its modded, you'll lose. they're about as fast as SRT-4 neons.
im saying stock..my friend is stock,and a few nights ago he was beside me on the highway and we took off at about 120to160kmh..and we stayed side by side.but maybe he was sleeping or something.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:37 PM

This sadly wont happen dude. The LSJ is just a **** box now that gets no respect because its not an LNF. Seriously, after today, my drive for wanting to mod and be different with the LSJ...is gone. I'm going back home in a couple of weeks to demod it, and hopefully sell it for something else.
Then again, they dont even respect the CSRT4 even though its all mitsubishi, which means higher quality and forged.

Why the hell would I expect them respect a lowly LSJ right?

HEY! Dont lose the modding bug. SERIOUSLY. Dude, youre very lucky to have the LSJ, especially with its potential. Run a full stage 3 kit on it. 8k redline, 50 shot N20, and 100 octane mode. You will SMOKE the hell out of and SS/TC and then some. Theres your 10+ bus lengths right there.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:42 PM

I would have to say that that was a nice kill, but once they start coming out with aftermarket parts and he does more with his car, I think he will defeat you :-(
Old 12-02-2008, 02:46 PM

Then again, they dont even respect the CSRT4 even though its all mitsubishi, which means higher quality and forged.

Why the hell would I expect them respect a lowly LSJ right?

HEY! Dont lose the modding bug. SERIOUSLY. Dude, youre very lucky to have the LSJ, especially with its potential. Run a full stage 3 kit on it. 8k redline, 50 shot N20, and 100 octane mode. You will SMOKE the hell out of and SS/TC and then some. Theres your 10+ bus lengths right there.
The CSRT gets more respect though I think. The SRTs are powerful monsters. And it gets more love than the LSJ's do.

I'm trying to look at the good side now, but even in the threads they did perk me up before, I get my car getting bashed a bit. I'm trying to stick with it man, but its getting hard. My confidence and goal/dream of getting my ss/sc on a cover somewhere is dwindling.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:50 PM

they have advantages and disadvantages to both. I own an lsj and love the motor. I just bought a head to get ported + polished + rebuilt. Im not here to be anyone's psychologist on the matter. You dont want to mod, gj... more money for girls etc. Not my problem.

realistically s2 vs tc this would be my cheat chart for putting money down on equal driver mod vs car.

1/8 s2 wins
1/4 driver's race with tc slight advantage
1/4+ (over 100 mph) tc will walk....and walk....and walk over the s2

40-100 driver's race (if tc brake boosts tc has slight advantage)
60-100 tc wins

In no way do i see either of them being taken by buses
Old 12-02-2008, 02:56 PM

Couple of things
Ive seen some impressive dynos for LSJ's.
i dont think people think LSJ's are worthless, i was just questioning the TC's driver in this instance. It is quite challenging to launch the TC, and the NLS takes some practice or else your bouncing off the limiter. Putting 5 cars on the LNF which easily traps over 100mph is gonna raise some eyebrows because the cars SHOULD be similar. without meth and nitrous of course.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:00 PM

The CSRT gets more respect though I think. The SRTs are powerful monsters. And it gets more love than the LSJ's do.

I'm trying to look at the good side now, but even in the threads they did perk me up before, I get my car getting bashed a bit. I'm trying to stick with it man, but its getting hard. My confidence and goal/dream of getting my ss/sc on a cover somewhere is dwindling.
dont worry about the bashing. Honestly, most of the people on here dont know their ******* from a hole in the ground, let alone what the LSJ can really do. Theyre uneducated, and have never owned an SS/SC, what would they know about them?

Get the full stage 3. Get the balance shafts, and valve springs to run the 8k redline. Get the N20, and some race gas. YOU WILL BE A BEAST.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:02 PM

dont worry about the bashing. Honestly, most of the people on here dont know their ******* from a hole in the ground, let alone what the LSJ can really do. Theyre uneducated, and have never owned an SS/SC, what would they know about them?

Get the full stage 3. Get the balance shafts, and valve springs to run the 8k redline. Get the N20, and some race gas. YOU WILL BE A BEAST.
Thanks for the words man. its good to see there are still members here who can give a pep up to their fellow person, not just members.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:07 PM

want to be fast? drop the m62 and get this. 450+ hp waiting to be had.

Old 12-02-2008, 03:10 PM

they have advantages and disadvantages to both. I own an lsj and love the motor. I just bought a head to get ported + polished + rebuilt. Im not here to be anyone's psychologist on the matter. You dont want to mod, gj... more money for girls etc. Not my problem.

realistically s2 vs tc this would be my cheat chart for putting money down on equal driver mod vs car.

1/8 s2 wins
1/4 driver's race with tc slight advantage
1/4+ (over 100 mph) tc will walk....and walk....and walk over the s2

40-100 driver's race (if tc brake boosts tc has slight advantage)
60-100 tc wins

In no way do i see either of them being taken by buses
the s2 over the tc in the 1/8th? you're wrong.

With launch control and two EQUAL drivers, the TC will win. it makes it torque and power before the SC does in a very decent curve. Launch control with both the sc and tc driver being equal gives the TC the advantage in everything from a dig...especially with no lift shifting.

Originally Posted by MaxVQ35DE
Couple of things
Ive seen some impressive dynos for LSJ's.
i dont think people think LSJ's are worthless, i was just questioning the TC's driver in this instance. It is quite challenging to launch the TC, and the NLS takes some practice or else your bouncing off the limiter. Putting 5 cars on the LNF which easily traps over 100mph is gonna raise some eyebrows because the cars SHOULD be similar. without meth and nitrous of course.

Its easier to launch the tc than the SC...MUCH easier.

want to be fast? drop the m62 and get this. 450+ hp waiting to be had.

Also no traction through 2nd and half of 3rd. One of the many draws about the sc, is the fact that it has an SC instead of the commonly used turbo. That has some appeal to me. But if all else fails and the TVS one day won't give me what I want, then I probably will just turbo it and go with the 'easy go fast turbo' hype crowd.

Last edited by Scythe_Snake; 12-02-2008 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-02-2008, 03:10 PM

Thanks for the words man. its good to see there are still members here who can give a pep up to their fellow person, not just members.
honestly, those were my plans for my SS/SC before I sold it. I bought both the ectotec build book, and the LSJ build book and got the ideas from them. You would make well over 300+ whp, and have a WICKED top end with that 8k redline. Think about it:

first gear ends: 50 mph
2nd gear ends: 80-90 mph
3rd gear ends: 110-120 mph
4th ends at redline!

completely insane.

Quick Reply: 07 SS S/C VS 08 SS t/C