War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

07 SS SC vs. 07? Mazdaspeed 3

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 SS SC vs. 07? Mazdaspeed 3

So last night my buddy and I were cruising down the interstate eggin this Blue RSX beside me to race and after a few tries I gave up on him and continued down the road cruising around 70. All of a sudden I see these bright ass blue beams in my rearview and this car comes flying up right on my bumper... Me being one not to walk away from a good run, I decided to floor it. It was about 11pm and there was still moderate traffic in the right two lanes so i stayed weaving in and out of the left two. At first i thought the car was a Scion xA and i was wondering how the hell he was keepin so close on my ass as i was pushing a buck 25 in 4th (we were in a 55 zone). I was taking some fairly scary turns at about 115-120 thinking i could lose this joker but he stayed right on me the whole damn time. We finally came to a long ass straight and i finally got a chance to open it up, we got up to a buck 40 or so and my buddy started yellin at me to slow up and get over because our exit was coming up so i slowed down to cruisin speed which was about 70 and fell back into the right lane beeping as the other guy flew past at still over a hundred. I felt pretty good because the guy was in the car by himself and i had a couple hundred extra pounds between my buddy in the passenger seat and the huge sub box and junk in the trunk. It wasnt two seconds later after i layed into the brakes and fell into traffice that i see these headlights in my rearview that were gaining realllllllly fast on me.... Needless to say I thought the worst. And i was right, except it wasnt the worst for me but the other guy who the cop was after as he passed me at well over a hundred and dipped in right behind the guy in the mazda as my heart was beatin a mile a minute. Needless to say the guy probably went to jail and his car probably got towed away....Close call, wont be doing again too soon. Scott in Norfolk
Old 05-22-2007, 07:03 PM

Yea im goin to test drive one of those with in the next few days just for ***** and giggles but from there specifications they should be pretty stout but I always hate when cops role up on my ass, def a heart stopper
Old 05-22-2007, 07:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow.
this could get interesting.

let me just be the first to say.

yer a farkin idjit.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:11 PM

nice run but try to keep it away from busy area's....
Old 05-22-2007, 07:13 PM

^^dude I gotta agree. I'm in Newport News and my friend next door is a state trooper and you already know how va state police are. 90% of the time if you get pulled over you're getting a ticket, but in this case yeah he went to jail. Especially if he had military decals on the car.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:14 PM

*tosses a flame suit to scampbell*

your in for it man you dont go weaving through traffic just to get some stupid race....you lose control on one of those turns and you wouldnt be making this thread....just to what? prove that you could out run someone??
Old 05-22-2007, 07:15 PM

well i normally dont race in busy areas it was a six lane freeway and there was only traffice in the right two lanes....i know thats not really an excuse but i wont be doin it again 4 sure
Old 05-22-2007, 07:18 PM

yeah....ppl on here have given me crap for being dangerous....but i know what dangerous is and im not gonna be a stupid driver....2 years ago my cousin was being a stupid driver and he hit a speed bump going 80+ and flew into a telephone pole and now hes in a vegitative state.....you dont wanna end up like that so be careful
Old 05-22-2007, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by scampbell
well i normally dont race in busy areas it was a six lane freeway and there was only traffice in the right two lanes....i know thats not really an excuse but i wont be doin it again 4 sure
What color is your balt? Are you in any clubs
Old 05-22-2007, 07:40 PM

color

Mine is one of the rarer colors its sport red tintcoat. Im kind of new to this site so im still tryin to figure out how to post pictures to my gallery and join clubs etc. I dont know if i need to be a premium member or what?? Im sure one of you guys will fill me in though.

Sorry to hear about your cousin spectral. I had the same kind of experience when my buddy crashed his hopped up civic into an oncoming jeep and then another truck and rolled down an embankment into a creek when i was in high school. He was flying through some backroad when it was raining like a fool and he was in teh ICU for three weeks and is lucky to still be alive. But he is thick skulled and still does BS like that to this day so i guess some people never learned. When i was a Senior in high school i got an 03 eclipse gt and it didnt take me but three months to wipe out at a hundred and thirty mph on a little highway winding through the mountains back in my hometown. I walked away without a scratch i guess someone was lookin after me on that one..... But anyway back to the story from the other night, I think i was probably goin b/t 90 and a hundred on theose turns i exxagerated a little bit just to make the story sound better. I only realy opened it up on this long ass straight and that was really the race right there but that mazda handled really well for a four door hatchback. I dont want people to think im wreckless or anything which some of you probably do but what can i do u know? But like i said that cop scared me so bad when he flew past im not gonna be doin any more **** like that.. I need to join up with a local club i guess so we can rent out a track and do top speed runs and slaloms etc. Just a thought so if anybody in hampton roads reads this hit me up.

Last edited by scampbell; 05-22-2007 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-22-2007, 07:42 PM

Wow what stretch of interstate were you on, was it hampton side of the interstate, or norfolk/va. beach? but don't do it again anytime soon.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:52 PM

264 about 3 miles before it splits off to go to downtown and portsmouth
Old 05-22-2007, 08:39 PM

thats a good strectch...so is 664 sometimes...lol

Originally Posted by scampbell
264 about 3 miles before it splits off to go to downtown and portsmouth
hey you know we do have a tidewater/va beach thread on here

Last edited by blackngold20; 05-22-2007 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-23-2007, 06:38 PM

what color was the MS3?