War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

07 SS/SC Vs Tiburon GT V6

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my friend "had" a 2006 SE tibby 6speed with a intake a muffler. my G5 GT walked him every time. my car is fully stock and also a 5 speed. i could ez put 2 cars oh him at 2ec gear i would pull away from him and he would see my tail lights. now he lemon lawed the car and now has a grand prix GXP and that kills my G5
Old 11-07-2006, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by phlash
my mods are in my sig and are much more than I/H/E and a tune, and i can pull a stock SS/SC. Not hard, but I can still pull one. as far as being blown in spring it will be with an eaton M90 roots type blower with 8psi of boost. the M90 is far more efficient than the MP62 you all have on your cobalts, however not as large or efficient as the MP112, which would be too big for my engine anyways since its supposed to support engines from 4.6L to 6.0L engines. And to say it cant handle more than 3-4 lbs is ludacris. some are only pushing that much and some are pushing much more. I think NxtGeneration Motorsports which does alot of tibby work is pushing the 600HP mark(though not on stock internals) and 600HP really is nothing to bawk at
Are you kidding me???? I'm sorry u do have a couple of other mods....nothing that really adds a ton of power. I still dont believe that you pull ss/sc's...I'd need proof of that. Since when has anyone put a M90 supercharger on a tibby...please give me a link so I can see it....I've yet to see one done. I said 3-4lbs of boost on a STOCK TIBBY...I guess u didnt read that did you. 600hp tibby....dont even get me started with that...are u going to have 600hp tibby...I think not...most people that have tibbys use the eaton mp62 supercharger.....otherwise known as alpine's supercharger or the ripp supercharger which is a vortech...I'm sure you knew that though. At 10lbs of boost out of the eaton most tibbys will pull around 260-280whp...not on stock internals that is. Now...about that 600hp tibby.....do you have any idea what it took to achieve that??? Let me inform everyone that doesnt know...they used two 2.0l hyundai engines, two turbo's, on two seperate drive trains and managed to run a 10.9. Here's a vid to show it...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yofZIcTkCiw don't get me wrong...its a neat car......
Old 11-07-2006, 10:24 PM

No, I will not have a 600HP car, that would be one of NGM's cars, and yes I am well aware of what it took to get there, and its a HELL of a lot of money.
http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...urrent=ngm.flv is a video of an MP90

On the left of this pic is the 62 series, on the right, is what phlashie has http://www.oktibs.com/ngm/ngm.mp62.mp90.jpg

As far as alot of people having the mp62 charger, yeah alot of them do, because alpine was the only company making FI for our cars for a long time(long before RIPP and NGM) and they would hold your factory drivetrain warrenty but they only put out like 3lbs of boost. You really should do some reading before you go shooting off your mouth....You asked for proof and THERE IT IS. Im not here to cause trouble in your thread, im completely unbiased against the SS...its a great car, and GM finally got something right after so many years of horrible designs. But you think you have the end all win all car because you can run a mid to high 14 stock. What do you think im running NA right now? Lower than that bud........
Old 11-07-2006, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by kenhebe
I used to own a 03 Tiburon GT. They put out about 180 hp and 170 lbs of torque. They are not even worth racing. I liked that car when I had it, but since I dumped it for my 06 ss/sc I laugh at them when i see one pull up.
then whyd you buy it in the first place some people
Old 11-07-2006, 10:42 PM

No, I will not have a 600HP car, that would be one of NGM's cars, and yes I am well aware of what it took to get there, and its a HELL of a lot of money.

On the left of this pic is the 62 series, on the right, is what phlashie has http://www.oktibs.com/ngm/ngm.mp62.mp90.jpg

As far as alot of people having the mp62 charger, yeah alot of them do, because alpine was the only company making FI for our cars for a long time(long before RIPP and NGM) and they would hold your factory drivetrain warrenty but they only put out like 3lbs of boost. You really should do some reading before you go shooting off your mouth....You asked for proof and THERE IT IS. Im not here to cause trouble in your thread, im completely unbiased against the SS...its a great car, and GM finally got something right after so many years of horrible designs. But you think you have the end all win all car because you can run a mid to high 14 stock. What do you think im running NA right now? Lower than that bud........

do you have any slips? there arent really too many tib's around, but i have raced one with i/h/e and tune and taken him and i just dont see low 14's from that.....
Old 11-07-2006, 10:54 PM

Sadly no, i did have some that I was keeping in my car until we moved into our new house and i got my scanner hooked back up, but my little brother unknowingly sucked them up with the shop vac as he was detailing my car for 20 bucks. I would have gone to get some new ones tonight, but the track here in STL is closed for the winter.(DAMN YOU GATEWAY!!!) the last slips I had I couldnt get out of the 15's anyway, i think its cause of my alignment and these crappy tires im using...i was trapping at high 96MPH on a 2.6 sec 60' time
Old 11-08-2006, 12:36 PM

I'm not really trying to shoot my mouth off....you'd know if I was....thank you for showing me a vid....its not that I didnt believe you...its just that I never heard of a tibby using a m90 supercharger. I've got nothing against the tibby.....and as a matter of fact I dont even own a ss/sc. I'd still like to see proof of you pulling ss/sc's. There was a tibby around here with I/H/E and a tune that my friend I raced with a stock srt-4.....wasnt much of a race...so thats why I find it hard to believe that you can pull ss/sc's....maybe u can...but again proof....timeslips??? I've never seen a tibby run mid-low 14's NA...low 15's at best is what I've personally seen.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:58 PM

i know malogus(thats his user name on www.newtiburon.com) is running like 14.1 in Phoenix(which is alot hotter than here, he does have a few more mods than I do, but the track can play a part too as you probably know...its not just you that was disbelieving, its alot of people that think their car is just the best out there, and its not, mines not, yours isnt, its all a matter of personal opinion and some people are all pissy that someone else loves their car as much as they love their own, and cant figure out why...personal preference...my car is quick, i love it, and its good enough for the girls I go out with
Old 11-08-2006, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by KindredX
Awesome... I can now prove my brother wrong!! He insisted that when he gets his Tiburon he's going to be able to keep up with me in my SC, I said "No way, man!"

Now he tells me he is going to get a Ford Focus SVT and I better watch out, because they are faster then my SS/SC.

Like I said in the past, I don't hate on anyone, not even my brother for trying, but please a Focus SVT.
ROFL So many people under estimate cobalts.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:35 PM

no, they dont, they unerestimate the SS/SC...they know the base cobalts are slower than *****.....and tell your brother get ready to drop at least 3 grand if he wants to run with a STOCK ss/sc and that is coming from an owner who has pulled the engine, and did all his own work, and has been an owner for 4 years now.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:05 PM

my mods are in my sig and are much more than I/H/E and a tune, and i can pull a stock SS/SC. Not hard, but I can still pull one. as far as being blown in spring it will be with an eaton M90 roots type blower with 8psi of boost. the M90 is far more efficient than the MP62 you all have on your cobalts, however not as large or efficient as the MP112, which would be too big for my engine anyways since its supposed to support engines from 4.6L to 6.0L engines. And to say it cant handle more than 3-4 lbs is ludacris. some are only pushing that much and some are pushing much more. I think NxtGeneration Motorsports which does alot of tibby work is pushing the 600HP mark(though not on stock internals) and 600HP really is nothing to bawk at
I have a question, can someone tell me why if this is COBALTss.net why is that we have other makes and makes like Hyundai on here? Thats like me registering a Civic on a Corvette forum.....

Phlash go find a hyundai_tibby_gt.net/weak stock internals cant handle a blower and ake your BS else where
Old 01-14-2007, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by BlackWidowSS07
I have a question, can someone tell me why if this is COBALTss.net why is that we have other makes and makes like Hyundai on here? Thats like me registering a Civic on a Corvette forum.....

Phlash go find a hyundai_tibby_gt.net/weak stock internals cant handle a blower and ake your BS else where
that was not a good argument...the lsj doesn't exactly have stron internals, namely the pistons...you know why other people come on here? because without other makes and models here, all of you would just keep posting those lambo and terminator kills.
Old 01-14-2007, 02:55 PM

zombie thread again
Old 01-15-2007, 11:10 AM

why? because you only ran a 14.9? and someone called you on your bs? the reason there are other people is because perhaps i just dont own the tiburon. what if i owned a cobalt ss/sc as well, or what if my wife drove a cobalt. You need to stop being a little young punk and grow up. If you act like you do online like you do in the real world, you're going to end up shot....Please for the same of humanity have some common sense, and realise it doesnt matter why there are other makes and models on here. its a public forum. and until myself or another member who drives another make or model says/posts something that is against forum rules: WE ARE MORE THAN WELCOME HERE.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:03 PM

the fact of the matter is that this is a cobalt forum. not a civic, focus, neon, or tiburon forum. so to come on cobalt forum and say that your car (non-cobalt)is better and this and that, and talk crap about our cars (cobalts) is really ignorant and idiotic. oh and by the way, i drive an 06 cobalt ls 5spd and i smoked the hell out of a tiburon gt v6 manual, when i was completely stock.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by rallycobalt06
the fact of the matter is that this is a cobalt forum. not a civic, focus, neon, or tiburon forum. so to come on cobalt forum and say that your car (non-cobalt)is better and this and that, and talk crap about our cars (cobalts) is really ignorant and idiotic. oh and by the way, i drive an 06 cobalt ls 5spd and i smoked the hell out of a tiburon gt v6 manual, when i was completely stock.
first of all, he didn't come in here and talk about how much better it is. he actually admitted a few times that the ss/sc is the faster car and it mods better, but he just tried to educate on how the tiburon does mod pretty well. and ummm...no you didn't.

it's pretty obvious why half of you know nothing about other cars on the market and think yours are the fastest out there...you just can't accept what anyone that doesn't own a cobalt says. and half of you don't have the mechanical knowledge to change your oil, so without some of us you guys would be lost.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:37 PM

i do know alot about other cars on the market and i have the mechanical knowledge to do alot of things myself. i know my car isnt the fastest out there. he said that the base cobalts are slow as *****, so i said that i beat a gt v6 tiburon when i first got my car. that was actually my first race in my cobalt. i do know for a fact that tiburons are very restricted (have you seen the size of their exhaust piping?), a buddy of mine has one and he has told me of all the things he could do to his car and what the gains will be, it is a shame that they are that restricted. now i wasn't directing all my comments to him, i was just saying in general that it is very ignorant and stupid to come on another car's forum and talk smack.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:47 PM

alright then i soemwhat apoligize, but it looked very much like you were dirceting those comments at him when he has done nothing of the sort.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:38 PM

well i apoligize if i may affended anyone. i'm a member over at *************** and right now we have a neon owner infestation and they are being complete dicks and talking truck loads of crap about cobalts.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:19 PM

why? because you only ran a 14.9? and someone called you on your bs? the reason there are other people is because perhaps i just dont own the tiburon. what if i owned a cobalt ss/sc as well, or what if my wife drove a cobalt. You need to stop being a little young punk and grow up. If you act like you do online like you do in the real world, you're going to end up shot....Please for the same of humanity have some common sense, and realise it doesnt matter why there are other makes and models on here. its a public forum. and until myself or another member who drives another make or model says/posts something that is against forum rules: WE ARE MORE THAN WELCOME HERE.
OK by no means and I even going to TRY and be a internet tough guy about this one, but Phlash, you dont know squat about me and I guarantee you that I have done more in my life than you have, so retract your "young punk" statement. and about my 14.9 that I ran, poor track, poor weather, and that was my first time on the track ,with my SS that is bone stock, in over since months since my Z24 that I had prior to this.

My Z24, with intake and exhaust that was only running 15.8's still beat a GT V6.
My SS that is capable of running low 14's once I get dialed in destroyed a GT V6 and for you to come on here bashing our platform of cars is wrong of you. So what if your wife drives a cobalt but you say nothing of YOU driving either a Cobalt or Ion regardless of Model.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:30 PM
Banned

OK by no means and I even going to TRY and be a internet tough guy about this one, but Phlash, you dont know squat about me and I guarantee you that I have done more in my life than you have, so retract your "young punk" statement. and about my 14.9 that I ran, poor track, poor weather, and that was my first time on the track ,with my SS that is bone stock, in over since months since my Z24 that I had prior to this.

My Z24, with intake and exhaust that was only running 15.8's still beat a GT V6.
My SS that is capable of running low 14's once I get dialed in destroyed a GT V6 and for you to come on here bashing our platform of cars is wrong of you. So what if your wife drives a cobalt but you say nothing of YOU driving either a Cobalt or Ion regardless of Model.
You suck at life.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:37 PM

3500 rpm?!? im suprised u didnt spin and he pull away from you...
Old 01-18-2007, 10:54 PM

nice man, lol damns tibs i beat two so far but not worth the post...each was at least three car lengths......

+1
Old 01-19-2007, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by KindredX
Awesome... I can now prove my brother wrong!! He insisted that when he gets his Tiburon he's going to be able to keep up with me in my SC, I said "No way, man!"

Now he tells me he is going to get a Ford Focus SVT and I better watch out, because they are faster then my SS/SC.

Like I said in the past, I don't hate on anyone, not even my brother for trying, but please a Focus SVT.
tell him to get the saleen focus that come with a 50 shot... then you will lose.

Originally Posted by vtecduster
Those tibby drivers are funny as hell. They think that because their car says "GT" on it that it's fast. I'd place a healthy wager that the SS N/A would be able to beat em.
i would love to see that race, cause i think you are right

Last edited by chevysalesman614; 01-19-2007 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-19-2007, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by chevysalesman614
tell him to get the saleen focus that come with a 50 shot... then you will lose.

i would love to see that race, cause i think you are right
actually i think the saleen comes with a 100 shot doesn't it? that thing is actually pretty quick on the juice, but it is totally riced out, and the warranty dissapears as soon as you use the spray.