War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

07ss vs 03 mustang

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blown07
not cocky ,proud
Semantics...

My point is, you act as if Mustangs think they're superior, and then you act like no V6 Mustang would be worth your time. Fact is, there are probably as many or more 10/11/12-second V6 Mustangs than there are Cobalt SS/SCs.

I agree that there are a LOT of Mustang owners that think they're better than they really are... but there's a significant number of people from ANY car community that do the same thing.

Originally Posted by FutureEcotecOwner
The 04 and under GT's are nothing to ride home about, which is why I got rid of my 01 GT for my SS/TC.
The 99-04 GT's compare pretty well to the SC's. The SS/TC is a step above either unless you're shooting for serious 1/4-mile times.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Blainestang
Semantics...

My point is, you act as if Mustangs think they're superior, and then you act like no V6 Mustang would be worth your time. Fact is, there are probably as many or more 10/11/12-second V6 Mustangs than there are Cobalt SS/SCs.

I agree that there are a LOT of Mustang owners that think they're better than they really are... but there's a significant number of people from ANY car community that do the same thing.

The 99-04 GT's compare pretty well to the SC's. The SS/TC is a step above either unless you're shooting for serious 1/4-mile times.
no my point is I felt proud of my accompishment. In no way did I say a v6 wasnt worth my time, but if I posted that I ran a stock and toasted him that would not be much of a war story more of a massacre. I would be most likely to ge flamed or simpathetic (good job) replies. If I out ran or lost to a modded v6, I would post the story and give him props.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:39 PM

no my point is I felt proud of my accompishment. In no way did I say a v6 wasnt worth my time, but if I posted that I ran a stock and toasted him that would not be much of a war story more of a massacre. I would be most likely to ge flamed or simpathetic (good job) replies. If I out ran or lost to a modded v6, I would post the story and give him props.
You said that "You wouldn't have even posted it if it wasn't a GT" and you gave no other clarification... which implies you wouldn't bother posting about any V6. If that's not what you meant, sorry for the misunderstanding. I can only go by what you post, though.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:46 PM

You said that "You wouldn't have even posted it if it wasn't a GT" and you gave no other clarification... which implies you wouldn't bother posting about any V6. If that's not what you meant, sorry for the misunderstanding. I can only go by what you post, though.
would u post that ur minni was pulled out of the hole by a festiva
Old 06-07-2009, 08:49 PM

would u post that ur minni was pulled out of the hole by a festiva
I'm not sure what you're getting at, but anyway, I know the MINI is slow in a straight line, so sure.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:22 PM

I'm not sure what you're getting at, but anyway, I know the MINI is slow in a straight line, so sure.
all Im sayin is I wouldnt brag about beatin up the weak kid (v6 stang),but now if he got on some roids (tubo ect.) and came and kicked my a$$ . I would tell u
Old 06-07-2009, 10:54 PM

Semantics...

that's not semantics. a local guy said to have the fastest V6 stang in the area told me when i got my SS/SC he would run me. i didn't run my mouth, he just wanted to run me, so already the ego on his mustang is swelling. i get it 6 months later and meet him and he wouldn't run me because he didn't have his NOS bottle at the time. and i was stock! that's the difference between proud and cocky. blown 07 is a proud LSJ guy (as am i) we have a fast non-turbo 4 which is very unusual, regardless of it still being forced induction. chris with V6 stang was a typical cocky mustang owner with brian o'conner complex.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:22 AM

Well, if a couple nicknames are an indication of the whole community, my friend calls his '03 Cobra the "Slobra".

Speaking of cocky.
blangstang speakin of cocky I went to ur home page and read about ur day at the track. I believe you was runnin an ls1 camaro. You were hittin low 13's in your bullit all day then finaly hit a 12 (def. not stock),he was runnin high 13's (probly stock). You finish by saying and I quote,

"So anyway, I accomplished my goal of 12's in full street trim and took down a few LS1's in the process... and trapped 110+. So, it's definately got some ET left in her. That's a good track day in my book. Next stop, mid-12's. "

so I go to see what mods have been done to the bullit bullit out runnin ls1 = blower. So why throw the ls1 in there?
Old 06-08-2009, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Brenticus
that's not semantics. a local guy said to have the fastest V6 stang in the area told me when i got my SS/SC he would run me. i didn't run my mouth, he just wanted to run me, so already the ego on his mustang is swelling. i get it 6 months later and meet him and he wouldn't run me because he didn't have his NOS bottle at the time. and i was stock! that's the difference between proud and cocky. blown 07 is a proud LSJ guy (as am i) we have a fast non-turbo 4 which is very unusual, regardless of it still being forced induction. chris with V6 stang was a typical cocky mustang owner with brian o'conner complex.
Cocky = overly confident

Implying that a V6 Mustang is inherently not worth racing when there are numerous comparable ones out there is being overly confident. That was my point.

As it turned out, he has now clarified what he meant, so we're cool... end of story.

As far as your story goes, I'm not sure what a cocky Mustang owner has to do with my actual point.

Secondly, if his main power adder is nitrous, then of course not having any makes racing useless because he knows he would lose, and that would prove nothing to beat a car running way off it's peak performance. I'm not saying he's not a cocky idiot, necessarily, or that he wasn't just making excuses, but if someone runs 14.0 on nitrous and 15.2 off the juice and they're planning to race a mid-14-second car, then running off the juice is just a waste of time.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:41 AM

never said I wouldnt race one just said i wouldnt brag. I have weak cars tryin to run my goat all the time. I assume they like me just love to play,so I play. I just dont post that I smoked a 16 yr old in his mom corola.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:42 AM

I like the threads where people disrespect the mustang. I have a 5.0 stang that kills 99% of the street cars out there...yet you won't here a word about me killing this car or that car. The people that put down cars are the ones with the 13-14 second cars that beat a stock stang.

blown07...if you want to start getting cocky ill give your SS a 4 second head start at the track. I have a pump gas, radial tire, automatic mustang
Old 06-08-2009, 12:49 AM

blangstang speakin of cocky I went to ur home page and read about ur day at the track. I believe you was runnin an ls1 camaro. You were hittin low 13's in your bullit all day then finaly hit a 12 (def. not stock),he was runnin high 13's (probly stock). You finish by saying and I quote,

"So anyway, I accomplished my goal of 12's in full street trim and took down a few LS1's in the process... and trapped 110+. So, it's definately got some ET left in her. That's a good track day in my book. Next stop, mid-12's. "

so I go to see what mods have been done to the bullit bullit out runnin ls1 = blower. So why throw the ls1 in there?
I didn't "throw the LS1 in there"... that's what happened. I raced 3 LS1's that day.

If I went to the track and raced an SRT-8 Charger, I would have said something about that. If I raced an Evo, same thing.

Like I said in the part you quoted, I accomplished the goal of running 12's in the blown Bullitt in full street trim (40psi in the tires, books in the back, spare tire, etc)... and I just happened to be running against 3 LS1's that day, so it's part of the story. Should I have left it out?

I didn't say "LS1's suck" or "LS1's are a waste of my time" or anything like that. I said I beat 3 LS1-powered cars that day... and since they are comparable, it made for a more interesting day. I don't see how simply relating the events of the day is being "overly confident".
Old 06-08-2009, 12:51 AM

thats what I am trying to say im not being cocky u need to read the thread I forgot to say gt and i would not brag about a stock v6 I do not hate mustangs. Ive had three fox bodies and a 67 390 car.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:53 AM

never said I wouldnt race one just said i wouldnt brag. I have weak cars tryin to run my goat all the time. I assume they like me just love to play,so I play. I just dont post that I smoked a 16 yr old in his mom corola.
We already established that what your words implied is not actually what you meant.

Obviously, racing a S2 SC against a stock V6 Mustang wouldn't be worth talking about... but there ARE V6 Mustangs out there that would be, like you said. Therefore, we're on the same page.

I'd say that part of the discussion is over.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:00 AM

and if were a stock v6 camaro beside u at the trac u wouldnt say I hit 12s and took down some 3.8s, but you were proud of the ls1s
Old 06-08-2009, 01:25 AM

and if were a stock v6 camaro beside u at the trac u wouldnt say I hit 12s and took down some 3.8s, but you were proud of the ls1s
Seriously...

I understood the clarification of your post about 10 posts ago.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:47 AM

does nobody understand that i never said they weren't worth building? i said that a lot of people own them and are cocky (ie,. overconfident) about their car as it sits stock. it doesn't matter if it's not a fair fight and there are plenty of mustangs worth racing; fox bodies in particular, but around here at least, they're the cockiest sob's for having stock 6's and GT's. they think they can beat anything on the road. at least that's how they think in central arkansas.

i'm sure you guys have very fast, very respectable cars.

Last edited by Brenticus; 06-08-2009 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-08-2009, 10:56 AM

no mods that I know of but I bought the car used at a dealer and it was advertised as 0-60 in 4.3 , and I have out ran ls2 autos
Well on average the 05+ GT's can beat the LS1 GTO's from what I've seen, stock vs stock. And there is no way your LS1 GTO is running 0 to 60 in 4.3 seconds, I dont even believe the brochure says that. Anyways, stock for stock your not gonna beat an 05 GT by 4+ cars. Your GTO is modded and you just dont know it, surprised you cant hear the cam.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by FutureEcotecOwner
Well on average the 05+ GT's can beat the LS1 GTO's from what I've seen, stock vs stock. And there is no way your LS1 GTO is running 0 to 60 in 4.3 seconds, I dont even believe the brochure says that. Anyways, stock for stock your not gonna beat an 05 GT by 4+ cars. Your GTO is modded and you just dont know it, surprised you cant hear the cam.
dont hear cam but car does have a slight shimy at idle and throws no misfire code