War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

08 civic 4dr si vs. cobalt ss stage 2 3.1 pulley

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 06SS ALL DAY
i never said roll racing wasnt real racing first of all, i actually said he is the better driver, dig races are real races from my point of view at least. he made a handle on here and has to wait a day to leave comments 08blackSI i think it is. dont talk dirt on him he's a cool dood, and he can drive the **** out of his car...
i wasnt reffering to you
Old 02-25-2009, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by ajjaro
ooo, beware of the people who consider street racing to be more than racing from a dig
Dont mind them...they're gto owners that have nothing better to do than troll css.net and give everyone a hard time about everything.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
oh ok sorry ajjaro my bad lol
Old 02-25-2009, 09:52 PM

oh ok sorry ajjaro my bad lol
Dont worry about it!
Old 02-25-2009, 09:53 PM

pff i rode in my boys GTO before and it wasnt even built up good, just a cat-back and intake... dood trust me there something special. just would appreciate if they backed us GM owners up... half of them do i know that.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:55 PM

pff i rode in my boys GTO before and it wasnt even built up good, just a cat-back and intake... dood trust me there something special. just would appreciate if they backed us GM owners up... half of them do i know that.
Thats the problem..they dont...and I've got nothing against gto's...they're nasty rides....I just dont like the attitude the owners have.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cobaltR
Dont mind them...they're gto owners that have nothing better to do than troll css.net and give everyone a hard time about everything.
Me a troll? I have contributed more to this forum than you ever will.

I am done with this thread, you guys get hit with facts and just start name calling and thinking we own Hondas.

Educate yourselves on all cars and respect all cars and you won't get all butthurt like in this thread.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by euthanasia
Me a troll? I have contributed more to this forum than you ever will.

I am done with this thread, you guys get hit with facts and just start name calling and thinking we own Hondas.

Educate yourselves on all cars and respect all cars and you won't get all butthurt like in this thread.
Alright chief..think what you want...you know nothing about me....nor my knowledge on cars. Never ever said you owned a honda...and you have not shown me anyfacts! The only thing I said I didnt believe was a stock si running 14.3. I think your the one that is butthurt...later...
Old 02-25-2009, 10:19 PM
Banned

Alright chief..think what you want...you know nothing about me....nor my knowledge on cars. Never ever said you owned a honda...and you have not shown me anyfacts! The only thing I said I didnt believe was a stock si running 14.3. I think your the one that is butthurt...later...
My post wasnt directed only at you hence using plurals like, 'yourselves'. But since you said this.

Thats the problem..they dont...and I've got nothing against gto's...they're nasty rides....I just dont like the attitude the owners have.
Soooo butt hurt.

no doubt I'll believe a 14.6-14.7 with a good driver anyday.....tell slowsho that....lol...

Not on stock tires it will not...I think your the ignorant one. You might not be able to tell one someones using a small shot of nitrous....but if your using 100shot or more...sorry..you can tell when someone hits it.
I dont hear him hitting any nitrous...but tuned...I'd have to say most definately.
????? everyone is talking about the si possibly being on nitrous...ummm you can tell when a car is spraying....so what are u getting at chief?
And then these prove your LACK of car knowledge.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:26 PM

first off...the troll part wasnt all directed towards you...and now your attitude shows....and tell me how does that show my lack of knowledge on cars?
Old 02-25-2009, 10:39 PM
Banned

first off...the troll part wasnt all directed towards you...and now your attitude shows....and tell me how does that show my lack of knowledge on cars?
you can not always tell when a car is running nitrous, no matter the size, especially on vids. and it doesn't always "hit".
Old 02-25-2009, 11:14 PM
Banned

Street racing = organized from a dig somewhere safe
Street ricing = roll, back road, school zone, street lights, any traffic around, in a cobalt, etc.
jk about the in the cobalt dont cry
Originally Posted by SLoW SHO
x2

I guess I'm just too used to being around people who know whats legitimate.
Well, you did run laloosh on the highway, from a roll, remember
Old 02-25-2009, 11:20 PM

you can not always tell when a car is running nitrous, no matter the size, especially on vids. and it doesn't always "hit".
Of course not...it all depends on the setup your running...dry, wet, single point, direct port, plate, and plenum bar. Honda's are much harder to tell because of their high revving nature to begin with....and of course it is much harder to tell on vids..I will admit that....and was bit of a lame comment...I fail there...but alot people buy cheap nitrous kits, usually dry..with conventional switchs or a "toggle switch"...which is where you will hear a "hit"...unless of course your running wet, direct port with a nitrous control module and a nitrous solenoid driver. You could use something like a NCM-2 which eliminates everything from the conventional microswitchs or toggle switches and any other buttons nitrous users may be use to "using" or "seeing". That kind of setup results in not hearing the "hit". If your a serious nitrous user thats what you would use. It isn't just a cleaner setup but a more trouble-free one! But of course it is ALOT more expensive and typically not a first mod on most DD cars who are looking to go fast...cheap. But anyhow...I'm not going to turn this thread into a nitrous discussion....my bad I jumped the gun...I'm crabby today...haha....and sorry for calling you a troll and sorry to the OP
Old 02-25-2009, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by SSdan
he street riced, 100% accidental, not legitimate, it happens to the best of legit people
Old 02-25-2009, 11:41 PM

how's it going guys?
Old 02-25-2009, 11:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SSdan
I did, that was on his terms though. I think my grandma could called the winner of that race from a stop.

Well, from a roll too, but he didn't believe that.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:38 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 08blacksi
how's it going guys?

its going good, see all the trouble your nitrous injected, tuned ,striped Honda caused <sarcasm

i dont get some of these guys.
stage II SS will run 14.7-13.8 depending on driver , the latter is rare.
SI with i/h/e will run 15.0-14.0 depending on driver , the latter is rare.
there is littertary a difference of .3 secs differences between the 2 cars. a max of about a 1sec if one driver is awesome, and one sucks... andn thats what we saw in the vid, its not like the SI just walked away form the ss and the ss never walked away from the si.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:45 AM

Yo kevin i see you can finally leave post... half the people don't believe you can drive your SI the other half does... confusing on here dood
Old 02-26-2009, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
Well, if u cant beat him from a dig, but from a roll u win then its driver skill thats at fault, not the car.
Originally Posted by phatnackySS
its going good, see all the trouble your nitrous injected, tuned ,striped Honda caused <sarcasm
haha good one.

i dont get some of these guys.
stage II SS will run 14.7-13.8 depending on driver , the latter is rare.
SI with i/h/e will run 15.0-14.0 depending on driver , the latter is rare.
there is litterrary a difference of .3 secs differences between the 2 cars. a max of about a 1sec if one driver is awesome, and one sucks... andn thats what we saw in the vid, its not like the SI just walked away form the ss and the ss never walked away from the si.
i believe the cobalt trannys makes the car slow from a dig. with the si's close gear ratio, we can have a linear acceleration. thats why we can shoot out from the hole faster than most cars. the cobalt have longer gears and more torque. which makes it spin tires. if you try to feather the throttle you would get traction but no power to catch up. i've driven ish's car and its a monster compared to my car. 1st and 2nd gear, you can spin the tires all the way up to 2nd to 4000 rpm, but during the spinning of the tires or acceleration, you barely gain speed because of the too much torque to the front wheels there's sort of a quadratic acceleration. but when you're driving from a roll. it's quick. in my car, when you're doing a roll, its not all that fast because theres no much torque. it doesn't really throw me back into my chair. i see torque as the feeling of being put back to the seat. k
Old 02-26-2009, 05:56 PM
Banned

i believe the cobalt trannys makes the car slow from a dig. with the si's close gear ratio, we can have a linear acceleration. thats why we can shoot out from the hole faster than most cars. the cobalt have longer gears and more torque. which makes it spin tires. if you try to feather the throttle you would get traction but no power to catch up. i've driven ish's car and its a monster compared to my car. 1st and 2nd gear, you can spin the tires all the way up to 2nd to 4000 rpm, but during the spinning of the tires or acceleration, you barely gain speed because of the too much torque to the front wheels there's sort of a quadratic acceleration. but when you're driving from a roll. it's quick. in my car, when you're doing a roll, its not all that fast because theres no much torque. it doesn't really throw me back into my chair. i see torque as the feeling of being put back to the seat. k
Welcome to the site!
I see you're just as un-educated as everyone else here. You'll fit right in.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:04 PM

you mean like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21hxYzacENc
Old 02-26-2009, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by SLoW SHO
Welcome to the site!
I see you're just as un-educated as everyone else here. You'll fit right in.
what he said wasnt all that uneducated...hes not saying the car is slow, he seems to just be saying the cobalt slower than most. i noticed this most when i raced my Buddy's integra gsr, he would just pull on me from a dig, but id reel him in and pass him once i got moving. i even notice it when i pull away from lights(not racing)
but i almost have to give it a little over half or 3/4 throttle just to keep up with mini vans and stuff in 1st gear.

Originally Posted by light'bolt
well thats not fair, hes talking about in this situation were both the cars are close to the same bracket. that was tuned SS vs a bone stock SI . i could find a buch a videos of the opposite happing , which further proves that its more of a drivers race that alot of people think.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by phatnackySS
well thats not fair, hes talking about in this sicutation were both the cars are close to the same bracket. that was tuned SS vs a bone stock SI that didnt even lanch the car.

Ahhh gotcha, I wondered why I out launched him. I figured he'd get a better 60ft. I wanted to say good race afterwards and see what he had done if anything but he left right after the race.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:13 PM

Ahhh gotcha, I wondered why I out launched him. I figured he'd get a better 60ft. I wanted to say good race afterwards and see what he had done if anything but he left right after the race.
i probaly would have left too after getting ownd like that lol
Old 02-26-2009, 08:06 PM

nearly 200 replies for 2 14 second cars... there really is nothing goin on lately

Quick Reply: 08 civic 4dr si vs. cobalt ss stage 2 3.1 pulley