War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

08/ss/tc vs trailblazer ss

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 03:28 AM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
the 4l70 trannies suck ass.

firming up the shifts is a choice you have to make. either on the pressure side, or the force current motor settings.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh yea i know they are man. just seeing if you had some suggestions
Old 11-27-2008, 02:34 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
increase the pressure settings above 270ftlbs to around 95-100
Old 11-27-2008, 04:58 PM

TB/SS are pretty bad cars man. I'm surprised that you pulled 2 cars on him..?
Old 11-27-2008, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by TRANSAM197781
trailblazer ss is slow as hell
TB/ss is heavy. it puts out more power that the ss/tc, its just too heavy
Old 11-27-2008, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Area47
the 4l70 trannies suck ass.

firming up the shifts is a choice you have to make. either on the pressure side, or the force current motor settings.
It's not that the 4L70 sucks, it's that they aren't built to handle this size vehicle and power being put down. You take the 4L70 and put it in a Vette or Camaro, and that trans will rip for MUCH longer. In addition to that, the AWD guys are the ones having the majority of the issues.

Originally Posted by M1kl0
TB/ss is heavy. it puts out more power that the ss/tc, its just too heavy
Heavy and not very aerodynamic. BUT...Try running him from a stop instead of a roll and then tell me how much closer he is to you. The TBSS's, AWD and RWD are not meant to be roll racing. They lose just about all of the advantage because of aerodynamics AND gearing.

Last edited by 1gmfanatik; 11-27-2008 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-27-2008, 11:43 PM

for those claiming TBSS's are slow, i dare you to put the money into one you have into your car and race him from a dig. i got money on the fat ass.

news flash people, track racing gets respect, not roll racing on the interstate. hell my dad's tbss is faster than 80% of the people on here, AND ITS STOCK
Old 11-28-2008, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by hatrickstu
for those claiming TBSS's are slow, i dare you to put the money into one you have into your car and race him from a dig. i got money on the fat ass.

news flash people, track racing gets respect, not roll racing on the interstate. hell my dad's tbss is faster than 80% of the people on here, AND ITS STOCK
exactly what i was thinking. the only problem is that their piggies, theyre heavy

but from a stop, it would be great

Originally Posted by hatrickstu

um....nah

240 ftw

Last edited by M1kl0; 11-28-2008 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-28-2008, 09:33 AM

What doesn't make any sense, is that on a COBALT website everyone get their panties in a bunch anytime a cobalt beats something else. Shouldn't this website be FOR cobalts and not AGAINST them?

And then everyone has to come in and start e-racing other peoples cars and say "oh well they wouldn't beat this tbss, or that one" well guess what, those aren't the ones the op was talking about so who ******* cares?
Old 11-28-2008, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by M1kl0
exactly what i was thinking. the only problem is that their piggies, theyre heavy

but from a stop, it would be great

um....nah

240 ftw
You'd be surprised as to how quick the TBSS's are.

Originally Posted by leahciM
What doesn't make any sense, is that on a COBALT website everyone get their panties in a bunch anytime a cobalt beats something else. Shouldn't this website be FOR cobalts and not AGAINST them?

And then everyone has to come in and start e-racing other peoples cars and say "oh well they wouldn't beat this tbss, or that one" well guess what, those aren't the ones the op was talking about so who ******* cares?
Now now, we aren't talking negatively about the Cobalt. Hell, I do a HELL of a lot of Cobalt supporting weather on this site, my TBSS forums, or even in person. All we are doing is replying to the comments that are being made, negatively about the TBSS's. Just trying to educate those that didn't know how fast they actually are and can be.

Soo...That being said, you can now un-bunch your panties. The Cobalts are damn quick for what they are, ESPECIALLY the new SS/TC's. BUT...Facts are facts, TBSS's are more of a 1/4 mile animal then Cobalts are, hence the racing from a roll. Cobalts are built for Autocross. Now I know this comment is going to anger many people. If you look at the stats though, you'll see that the Cobalt set records at the Nurburgring Track and not the 1/4 mile, in its class. They are still damn quick in the 1/4, but take MUCH more to get the power to the front wheels and all for the launch..

Last edited by 1gmfanatik; 11-28-2008 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-28-2008, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by 1gmfanatik
Facts are facts, TBSS's are more of a 1/4 mile animal then Cobalts are, hence the racing from a roll. Cobalts are built for Autocross.
I hate to disagree but that is so wrong it's funny.

The TB/SS was meant to be a fast SUV that needed to have 4.10 gears to get motivated. It wasn't built to tear up the 1/8 or 1/4 nor was it not made for roll racing the drawbacks and positives are just an outcome of a previous design with 400hp shoved in it. It was a truck to start with and is a truck after the LS2 is put in.

The SS/TC and SS/SC is pretty much the same deal, it isn't built for autocross it is an economy car spiced up to fit a current niche. Sure it perfoms nicely on a track but that by no means makes it built for autocross.

It's just like when a few folks on another forum said I was stupid for buying a Vette if I wasn't going to track it.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by LS2guy
I hate to disagree but that is so wrong it's funny.

The TB/SS was meant to be a fast SUV that needed to have 4.10 gears to get motivated. It wasn't built to tear up the 1/8 or 1/4 nor was it not made for roll racing the drawbacks and positives are just an outcome of a previous design with 400hp shoved in it. It was a truck to start with and is a truck after the LS2 is put in.

The SS/TC and SS/SC is pretty much the same deal, it isn't built for autocross it is an economy car spiced up to fit a current niche. Sure it perfoms nicely on a track but that by no means makes it built for autocross.

It's just like when a few folks on another forum said I was stupid for buying a Vette if I wasn't going to track it.
You are entitled to your opinions. All I said, was that the TBSS is more built for the drag strip then the Cobalt. To be this biased, does that mean that you have driven both the Cobalt AND the TBSS to make such decisive responses?? Just wondering.

If you go back and read what I wrote yet again, you will see that my wording does NOT say that the Cobalt is an autocross only car, nor that the TBSS is only meant for the drag strip. I said that the TBSS is MORE built for the strip then the Cobalt, which you can not deny. For the size of them, they hole shot the hell out of a LOT of vehicles because of how they are built. The Cobalts set records at the track in Germany... That's that...

I would think that you would be a little more biased considering the flack you may get for driving a Vette. LOL!! I have a couple friends that drive em, damn nice cars, and VERY well rounded. Just not my thing. I have more then twice the space, and power on demand. I DO miss my Cobalts for the fun factor and fuel economy at times though.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:21 AM

I just find it odd when someone calls a car/truck made or better than something just because it falls short elsewhere due to being what it is to stat with. Of course a high HP truck will haul ass in a straight line just like a light small car will handle good with the proper suspension.

Thus why I wanted my Vette all the power none of the weight and one hell of a suspension.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by YaKkO
Why would someone buy a car and then go trade it in cause he lost some stupid freeway race to his friend? I seem to hear a lot of stories of people doin that dumb **** in these forums???
beat me to it, lol
Old 11-28-2008, 11:55 AM

Now now, we aren't talking negatively about the Cobalt. Hell, I do a HELL of a lot of Cobalt supporting weather on this site, my TBSS forums, or even in person. All we are doing is replying to the comments that are being made, negatively about the TBSS's. Just trying to educate those that didn't know how fast they actually are and can be.

Soo...That being said, you can now un-bunch your panties. The Cobalts are damn quick for what they are, ESPECIALLY the new SS/TC's. BUT...Facts are facts, TBSS's are more of a 1/4 mile animal then Cobalts are, hence the racing from a roll. Cobalts are built for Autocross. Now I know this comment is going to anger many people. If you look at the stats though, you'll see that the Cobalt set records at the Nurburgring Track and not the 1/4 mile, in its class. They are still damn quick in the 1/4, but take MUCH more to get the power to the front wheels and all for the launch..
Oh I agree with your posts in the thread, they were informative. And no question about it the Cobalt would not do as good from a dig against a TBSS... And thats the nature of FWD vs RWD which is why so many FWD's are part of the so called national roll racing association

But the people e-racing other peoples TBSS are adding nothing...And it's not just this thread, any time someone is proud of what they've run at the track or anywhere someone else jumps in and says yah well I have a car that is faster, this and that etc....
Old 11-28-2008, 11:58 AM

ROLL RACING = RICE RACING = GAY

If the OP had raced the TBSS from a DIG, the real way to race the TBSS would have most likely won.

Yeah TBSS's are heavy ***** but that LS2 has a lot of potential with the right tune, and the right internals and bolt-ons, hell full bolt-ons alone will get the TBSS in the low to mid 12's...
Old 11-28-2008, 12:18 PM

Yah bolt on this tune that blah blah.. News flash, you mod any car it gets faster. Is nobody even reading the very first post? He's not saying he would beat a modded TBSS, nor is he saying he would win from a dig. So why are people trying to argue these things when nobody is arguing against you?
Old 11-28-2008, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by SS4EVER
ROLL RACING = RICE RACING = GAY

If the OP had raced the TBSS from a DIG, the real way to race the TBSS would have most likely won.

Yeah TBSS's are heavy ***** but that LS2 has a lot of potential with the right tune, and the right internals and bolt-ons, hell full bolt-ons alone will get the TBSS in the low to mid 12's...

I roll race my C6 so is it rice or gay, nope it just has a grand worth the tires that aren't wasted on just anyone.

One of my last races was against a modded EVO X that can do 7,200rpm launches. From a dig he put 3 cars on me instantly and by the 1/8 I got them back but he slamed on the brakes before I could pass him. From a 10mph roll I put 6-7 cars on them within seconds from a higher roll it gets ugly much faster.

The way **** is around here if people try to race you don't be picky because at least you get to have some fun. If I had a choice sure a good dig race would be better but sometimes that isn't possible.
Old 11-28-2008, 05:27 PM

people who always want to race from a dead stop have obviously never tried to lauch a high hp car on street tires or only drive awd cars.

and by high hp I am not talking about one that goes mid 13's at 105 mph like some of the cars on this board.

I am talking about cars like synapse's TC, could you imagine how many dead stop races he would loose to much lower powered car, just by looking at his in car vids. Heck a TBSS would prob beat him, as he has NO traction in the first 3 gears from a stop. but does that mean a TBSS is faster than his car, no, but according to the logic in this thread, yes.

when you have a car that does not hook up well on street tires, or even at all like synapse, among alot of other cars, your only alternative is to run from a roll, or drive around all the time on et streets.

some people just don't get it.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by glhs379
people who always want to race from a dead stop have obviously never tried to lauch a high hp car on street tires or only drive awd cars.

and by high hp I am not talking about one that goes mid 13's at 105 mph like some of the cars on this board.

I am talking about cars like synapse's TC, could you imagine how many dead stop races he would loose to much lower powered car, just by looking at his in car vids. Heck a TBSS would prob beat him, as he has NO traction in the first 3 gears from a stop. but does that mean a TBSS is faster than his car, no, but according to the logic in this thread, yes.

when you have a car that does not hook up well on street tires, or even at all like synapse, among alot of other cars, your only alternative is to run from a roll, or drive around all the time on et streets.

If you don't get traction in the first three gears then you suck at driving or are a cheap ass with very few exceptions. If you want to play with all that power pay to put it down the right way. I haven't seen synapse's TC but I doubt it is the kind of car that you can truly bitch that it is the power causing the traction issues. If you want to build a dyno queen fine but don't bitch because you choose to run street tires making your dyno queen worthless.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:43 PM

oh no, i raced one from a stop, and i beat it

and as far as e-racing, i hope that wasnt directed towards me.

i love cobalts and i own one myself, but most of these people on here are fanboys of cobalts and gto's, etc.

when they hear that a cobalt or gto was beat, they cry, but i find it funny

i dont give a **** about stock for stock races, **** that. the real game is how much money you put into your car and how hard you work to earn your **** and make it happen. and my whole performance shop can back me on this
Old 11-28-2008, 07:05 PM

I just find it odd when someone calls a car/truck made or better than something just because it falls short elsewhere due to being what it is to stat with. Of course a high HP truck will haul ass in a straight line just like a light small car will handle good with the proper suspension.

Thus why I wanted my Vette all the power none of the weight and one hell of a suspension.
Yeah, well not everyone has nor wants to spend the money for a car with no back seats and is as well rounded as the Vette. There aren't as many vehicles as well rounded as the Vette to begin with, then again..Depending on if you're driving a C5 or C6, or if it's a convertible or Z06 you will need to adjust things for your car to be able to compete to the full potential that YOU want that particular vehicle to anyways.

I personally have no intention of ever driving my TBSS on a roadcourse, even though they have been tested thoroughly on the same track as the Cobalts and the Vettes. ALL vehicles have strong points and weak points by the way, even Vettes.

Originally Posted by glhs379

What are you talking about? LMAO!! If he is having that much of a hard time launching from a dig, then he either needs to learn how to drive, or he needs to work on some traction mods instead of performance. I am ALL about supporting mods for that reason alone. The other alternative to not hooking on the streets is to mod appropriately so that you DO hook, that and/or hit the track..

Last edited by 1gmfanatik; 11-28-2008 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-28-2008, 07:11 PM

Yeah, well not everyone has nor wants to spend the money for a car with no back seats and is as well rounded as the Vette. There aren't as many vehicles as well rounded as the Vette to begin with, then again..Depending on if you're driving a C5 or C6, or if it's a convertible or Z06 you will need to adjust things for your car to be able to compete to the full potential that YOU want that particular vehicle to anyways.

I personally have no intention of ever driving my TBSS on a roadcourse, even though they have been tested thoroughly on the same track as the Cobalts and the Vettes. ALL vehicles have strong points and weak points by the way, even Vettes.
Thats why I have a 2007 Silverado X-Cab also.

What are you talking about? LMAO!! If he is having that much of a hard time launching from a dig, then he either needs to learn how to drive, or he needs to work on some traction mods instead of performance. I am ALL about supporting mods for that reason alone. The other alternative to not hooking on the streets is to mod appropriately so that you DO hook, that and/or hit the track..

Exactly what I said above.

Last edited by LS2guy; 11-28-2008 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-28-2008, 07:23 PM

Thats why I have a 2007 Silverado X-Cab also.

Exactly what I said above.
Yeah, I seen that. LOL! NO idea what he was talking about, ah well...Guess we gotta learn some of these young bucks.
Old 11-28-2008, 07:24 PM

If you don't get traction in the first three gears then you suck at driving or are a cheap ass with very few exceptions.
Thank you....

I still think roll racing is gay personally. But I understand why people do it. It is the best with wrong wheel drive cars too. Hell I've done some roll and freeway racing myself. I just think it's dumb and doesn't require any skill accept knowing how to upshift if you drive a stick or know how to drive straight if you drive an auto...

Although with me I'd say 95% of the time that I've raced it's from a dig. It isn't from someone trying to match me on the freeway or on a multi lane road. It's always when I pull up to a light or I pull up to an intersection that has a lane that merges and some dick wants to try and beat me off the line and pass me. So for me FWD is the wrong drivetrain to have.

Quick Reply: 08/ss/tc vs trailblazer ss