War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

09 SS Vs. Lexus IS F

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 11:36 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
For what it counts we hit a curve at about 100mph so he may have let off some as to not lose his ass in the turn?

As for my tune, the only reason I say it's mild is because I'm not pushing 22psi. Torque management, spark advance, and cam angles were adjusted as well as bumping my redline and governor.

Edit: It wasn't a bad turn but we were in southern Tennessee in the mountains so it was a little hilly as well, this wasn't a flat land race.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I woulda teared ur a** open if I was in the IS F.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:45 PM

Ya.. I'm im Edmonton, got no mods yet.. waiting on them and probably won't be here in time for the meet. meh... maybe I'll just get a tune for now.. idk :/
Old 07-10-2009, 12:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just sayin, it's not that uncommon for a tuned tc to hit 108+ in the 1/4. Why is everyone jumping this guys ****? It's very possible. Maybe there was a few people in the IS-F or the A/C on, or the TC had the inside line in the curve.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:37 AM

TC would smoke it in the curves.. I know.. I went to Bc last week and it was crazy fun lol.. .94g and .97g around a couple corners and it didn't even do anything unpredictable at all..
Old 07-10-2009, 09:45 AM

Another completely idiotic TC owner kill post. You gave the jump to a 113-114 trapping car on the highway (where they shine more then lower speeds) and pulled it with a tune and drop in, ok dude. Keep living those fantasies and listening to everyone that says a stock TC can take a LS1 from a roll, or a catback only TC with a tune can walk a pullied Cobra. Get real....

Tyler
Old 07-10-2009, 10:39 AM

I have a question, what is your redline and what speed does 2nd go to?
Old 07-10-2009, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by gos2difbeat
Are you asking me? 6500 and 70.

Tyler
Old 07-10-2009, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by amxguy1970
Are you asking me? 6500 and 70.

Tyler
Sorry, I was asking the OP, he said he had his red line extended. I want to know what his second gear redlines at and at what speed?
Old 07-10-2009, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Champ_
he is tuned retard. Think of a stock ss/tc vs a tuned ss/tc then throw those times around.
a stock TC with intake, downpipe, and trifecta tune ran 12.7 so it is possible. I dont own an ss/tc so i have no bias, but i bet the op's car is a high 12 second car with hatricksu driving it, i actually see this as a possibility.

EDIT:

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...highlight=12.7

so 12.741 @ 113.4 doesnt the is-f trap at 114. Idk i see as a possibilty but the isf may have let off around the curve idk.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:29 PM

Another completely idiotic TC owner kill post. You gave the jump to a 113-114 trapping car on the highway (where they shine more then lower speeds) and pulled it with a tune and drop in, ok dude. Keep living those fantasies and listening to everyone that says a stock TC can take a LS1 from a roll, or a catback only TC with a tune can walk a pullied Cobra. Get real....

Tyler
Way to be a tool. Anything can happen on the street and I'm a firm believer to that, whether the other driver fucked up or not I won, period. By the way, check out my other thread, I lost to a Cobra.

Originally Posted by gos2difbeat
Bumped redline to 7k but I shift as close to 6500 as I can (I'm still not a great driver but I'm 10 times better then a week ago when I lost to a G6 GXP stock for stock.)

Originally Posted by bootymac
a stock TC with intake, downpipe, and trifecta tune ran 12.7 so it is possible. I dont own an ss/tc so i have no bias, but i bet the op's car is a high 12 second car with hatricksu driving it, i actually see this as a possibility.

EDIT:

so 12.741 @ 113.4 doesnt the is-f trap at 114. Idk i see as a possibilty but the isf may have let off around the curve idk.
Thank you, I can't tell you guys whether or not he let off in the curve and I don't remember if we started off going up hill or down hill but we ended going downhill into a curve, no way I was taking a curve at 140. I suppose if we started uphill that would have hindered him more then me due to weight?
Old 07-10-2009, 03:31 PM

EDIT:

Just because ONE car did that does not mean they ALL will be able to. Too many variables to just throw out a blanket statement like this. Track temp, air temp, humidity, wind, time of day, tries, tire presure, condition of the car, drivers skill level. etc etc.

Example my buddies SS/SC is a TURD with him driving it. I drive it and its a totaly different car.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Jackalope
Just because ONE car did that does not mean they ALL will be able to. Too many variables to just throw out a blanket statement like this. Track temp, air temp, humidity, wind, time of day, tries, tire presure, condition of the car, drivers skill level. etc etc.

Example my buddies SS/SC is a TURD with him driving it. I drive it and its a totaly different car.
well yeah, but its a good base. And i think we all know im definately not the first to throw that statement around, i personally dont like it, but it shows possibility. Everyone was ******* in him and if you look at it it certainly is possible.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Shibito
Way to be a tool. Anything can happen on the street and I'm a firm believer to that, whether the other driver fucked up or not I won, period. By the way, check out my other thread, I lost to a Cobra.

I sure hope you lost to a cobra, but that is a different race.

Thanks for calling me a tool just because you get called out on your BS kill. Wanna know why it is BS? Look below at the highlighted...

Bumped redline to 7k but I shift as close to 6500 as I can (I'm still not a great driver but I'm 10 times better then a week ago when I lost to a G6 GXP stock for stock.)

Thank you, I can't tell you guys whether or not he let off in the curve and I don't remember if we started off going up hill or down hill but we ended going downhill into a curve, no way I was taking a curve at 140. I suppose if we started uphill that would have hindered him more then me due to weight?

Originally Posted by Jackalope

Exactly, that car shown has supporting bolt ons to help the air go in and out which makes a big difference as opposed to the OP's car who is stock with a tune and rookie driver mod...

well yeah, but its a good base. And i think we all know im definately not the first to throw that statement around, i personally dont like it, but it shows possibility. Everyone was ******* in him and if you look at it it certainly is possible.
Not when the two don't have similar mods, the only similar mod is a tune, and the OP said a mild tune at that...

Not possible, he pulled a car that is kind of slow down low and a beast up top to 140 with a car that is way slower stock and he has one thing done; figure that one out.

Tyler
Old 07-10-2009, 05:00 PM

Exactly, that car shown has supporting bolt ons to help the air go in and out which makes a big difference as opposed to the OP's car who is stock with a tune and rookie driver mod...

Not when the two don't have similar mods, the only similar mod is a tune, and the OP said a mild tune at that...

Not possible, he pulled a car that is kind of slow down low and a beast up top to 140 with a car that is way slower stock and he has one thing done; figure that one out.

Tyler
You go ahead and call bs all day, I know what happened and that's what counts. You talk like the other driver HAD to have been a good driver. If you read my previous posts I stated that the other driver looked younger then me, also when I raced the G6 GXP I hit the rev limiter allowing the G6 to pass me. It's not hard to no lift shift 3rd to 4th which is what I did.

Once again, remember that this was on the street and there are SO many variables as to why I pulled on him. He could have hit the rev limiter, he may not have downshifted as far as he should have. I'm not doubting you that I should have been pulled on, I agree that with equal drivers that car would pull me like none other in the top end. Fact is though, I beat this driver plain and simple.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:18 PM

You go ahead and call bs all day, I know what happened and that's what counts. You talk like the other driver HAD to have been a good driver. If you read my previous posts I stated that the other driver looked younger then me, also when I raced the G6 GXP I hit the rev limiter allowing the G6 to pass me. It's not hard to no lift shift 3rd to 4th which is what I did.

Once again, remember that this was on the street and there are SO many variables as to why I pulled on him. He could have hit the rev limiter, he may not have downshifted as far as he should have. I'm not doubting you that I should have been pulled on, I agree that with equal drivers that car would pull me like none other in the top end. Fact is though, I beat this driver plain and simple.
I'll give you most of that, although the car is an auto and not exactly hard to drive fast from a roll to 140.

But I do ask you this and I wonder this many of times when a car that isn't that close to another car in terms of performance wins even though they should have lost, why post it? If you know the car should have beat you and some one royally goofed up the performance of the other car letting your inferior car tie or beat the other car, is that something to hold your head on high about? I mean if I beat a new Viper because the guy was on the cell phone eating a burger bouncing off the rev limiter I would probably never even mention it let alone go on a public board and try to sell it as a kill. That is just wrongly educationg that other idiots that now think they too can beat such and such car.

To each his own but I wouldn't be boasting about a kill like that...

Ya'll have a good weekend, I am off to play a part in one of my best friends weddings!

Tyler
Old 07-10-2009, 05:23 PM
Banned

You raced an IS350 with the F package.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:48 PM

I'll give you most of that, although the car is an auto and not exactly hard to drive fast from a roll to 140.

But I do ask you this and I wonder this many of times when a car that isn't that close to another car in terms of performance wins even though they should have lost, why post it? If you know the car should have beat you and some one royally goofed up the performance of the other car letting your inferior car tie or beat the other car, is that something to hold your head on high about? I mean if I beat a new Viper because the guy was on the cell phone eating a burger bouncing off the rev limiter I would probably never even mention it let alone go on a public board and try to sell it as a kill. That is just wrongly educationg that other idiots that now think they too can beat such and such car.

To each his own but I wouldn't be boasting about a kill like that...

Ya'll have a good weekend, I am off to play a part in one of my best friends weddings!

Tyler
Well considering Lexus's website said it was a 13 second car and ours isn't a whole lot behind that, take out the RWD advantage and a roll race seems pretty even doesn't it? Have fun at the wedding.

Originally Posted by SLoW SHO
You raced an IS350 with the F package.
no comment, you refuse to believe a TC can beat anything.

Last edited by Shibito; 07-10-2009 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-10-2009, 05:52 PM

totally off topic but have you guys seen the 0-60 Magazine's project IS-F? its insane, has a supercharger sitting on top of the intake manifold!!!
Old 07-10-2009, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by muskegoil
I call bullshit lexus is f specs
C&D's performance numbers:

Zero to 60 mph: 4.2 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 9.8 sec
Zero to 150 mph: 24.7 sec
Street start, 5–60 mph: 4.6 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 12.7 sec @ 114 mph
NEVAR! TEH SS/TC with a TOON IS THE FASTEST CAR EVAR YO!

and an drop in adds + 5000000 whp YO!

******* ricer fanboy cobalt onwers on here.... Holy **** theyre dumb.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:54 PM

Well considering Lexus's website said it was a 13 second car and ours isn't a whole lot behind that, take out the RWD advantage and a roll race seems pretty even doesn't it? Have fun at the wedding.

i think people are saying its a IS350 because a TC and a IS350 would be a great race.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:35 PM

Well a tune only tc shouldn't beat an F. It doesn't matter if the car is rwd,fwd, awd or purple wheel drive. It traps 10mph faster than a stock tc and has an auto tranny matched up with a DOHC v8 (top end fun). that car should have rocked your world from a roll if it was an ISF. that's why people are skeptical.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
NEVAR! TEH SS/TC with a TOON IS THE FASTEST CAR EVAR YO!

and an drop in adds + 5000000 whp YO!

******* ricer fanboy cobalt onwers on here.... Holy **** theyre dumb.
Wow... You're a tool.

Originally Posted by Nismothecat
i think people are saying its a IS350 because a TC and a IS350 would be a great race.
I understand that, but they don't look the same, and what I raced was definitely the IS F.

Originally Posted by cakeeater
Well a tune only tc shouldn't beat an F. It doesn't matter if the car is rwd,fwd, awd or purple wheel drive. It traps 10mph faster than a stock tc and has an auto tranny matched up with a DOHC v8 (top end fun). that car should have rocked your world from a roll if it was an ISF. that's why people are skeptical.
I agree that it should have beat me. Also, it's not a pure automatic transmission. It has a "Sport" mode which allows you to use paddle shifters and it will act like a manual. That's why I suggested that maybe he bumped the redline like I did 2 weeks ago?

I love how so many people assume that if some one's racing against a Cobalt SS then they just HAVE to be a great driver because the Cobalt SS can't beat a car with more hp regardless of the driver. Seriously, if you guys are just gonna come into War Stories and post bs on every ones races then why even come in here? This site gets more and more tools on it every day.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:53 PM

Wow... You're a tool.

YA MAN! IM A TOOOOOLLLLLLLLL YOOOO!

I beat a FERRARI JUST THE OTHER DAY MAN! IM TOON ONLY YO!

stfu and gtfo. Ur not going to take a car like that. That trap speed says it all. A TC is lucky to trap >110 even with a tune and full bolt ons. That just shows how little power it really has in the top end with its itty bitty paperweight turbo.

Get real, and snap out of it. That was not an IS-F. It was probly an IS, but you in ur ricer excitement thought it was an F, and thought "O COOL MAN! IM GONNA SHOW THIS FASTER CAR WHATS UP YO! I GOT MAD STREET REP NOW!"
Old 07-12-2009, 05:00 PM

IS-F>SS/TC...even i know that and i love my car and wont admit something is faster lol

Quick Reply: 09 SS Vs. Lexus IS F