War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

1st race with srt-4....stock vs stock

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SSCobalt~SSZ24
i disagree
keep in mind that you are quoting a guy who runs nearly a 15 second quarter stock
Old 03-28-2007, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by hatrickstu
LMAO please post a link to the thread "proving" this HP gain. im ready to own some noobs
Thank you!!

We must put a stop to this CAI buying madness! There are wayyyy to many parts out there that cobalt owners can buy for 230+ dollars that will do wonders on our cars.

Heck, a Gtech would be a better investment than a freaking CAI!!!
Old 03-28-2007, 12:14 PM

keep in mind that you are quoting a guy who runs nearly a 15 second quarter stock
keep in mind you dont know anything about the track he goes to.....
Old 03-28-2007, 12:23 PM

14-17WHP is not going to happen from a CAI, 3-5 is more realistic.

Either way, the kill is believable. It's not like he said he put 3 bus lengths on the SRT. We all know that there are a tonne of factors that can alter the outcome of a race by a car length or 2, regardless of what car your racing.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by CobaltBurst
and you keep in mind the guy has totalled two cobalts already, im no genius but id say he prolly isnt the best driver in the world
Old 03-28-2007, 01:07 PM

it was probably an 03 bc the 04-05 are faster and would easily put a car or two on you.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:07 PM

and you keep in mind the guy has totalled two cobalts already, im no genius but id say he prolly isnt the best driver in the world
yea i just think its dumb that since someone beat a stock srt-4 it means the srt-4 driver couldnt drive! especially when they were just roll races not like it was at a damn track I am all stock except for air box mod and i raced a 04 srt from 40-80ish and I won by half a car and i dont care who believes me BUT i guess maybe the guy driving was a retarded fifth grader thats why he lost who knows
Old 03-28-2007, 01:23 PM

^^^ ive raced more srt's than i can remember, both at track and on the highway. ive gotten my ass handed to me and ive beaten some. **** happens, people look to far into things sometimes. if people dont think a stock cobalt can beat a stock srt, or a staged cobalt cant beat a stage 2 srt, look at this video of me and black06ss racing

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...2401668ba3.htm

thead starter- good kill and keep in safe
Old 03-28-2007, 01:48 PM

thnks for the props guys.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:05 PM

dude, ur balts are ****** quick.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AnthonyHalloran
last night i was turning on to a pretty main road in town and noticed a srt-4 with some black rims and tint..so once i was on the road i got in the right lane to wait for it..sure enough i noticed a pair of headlights comin up on me faster than normal traffic ..so i put it in 2nd and was going about 45..i few WHIIIIINEES and he slows down and downshifts...3 honks and i got out ahead..and stayed ahead till we had to stop (at about 70) cause of a light...he rolled down his window and asked what i had done...told him an intake..he said he was stock (but that recurculation valve or whatever was pretty loud)...and he said he was goin to get in front of me so he would be gettin on the highway i was...i left him over and we got on the highway...slowed to about 55 and 3 honks again..and again i was in front and pulled through the rest of second and into third..then he started to catch up...at about 105 i was ahead by a LITTLE bit and we had to let off cause of traffic....i was pleased tho
how do you figure you have a stock car with an intake , i didnt know they gave you intakes right off the lot , **** i must have missed out
Old 03-28-2007, 02:41 PM

uhhh FLCOBALT hasnt totalled any cobalts....
Old 03-28-2007, 04:32 PM

^^^ really how you figure that, im pretty sure im remember some threads from back in the day about it
Old 03-30-2007, 12:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by FLCobalt
You are not going to beat an 04 SRT with just a CAI, it was either the slower model or he coudlnt drive. trust me on this.
Ya im going to disagree with you on this, you can beat an srt-4 in a stock sssc/redline, some of them are freaks, ive seen videos of them beating srt-4 stock vs stock...When my RL was stock i put down 226whp.......thats enough to be neck and neck with an 04 srt-4 cause they weigh more and only put down a few more ponies.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by jekqmb
Ya im going to disagree with you on this, you can beat an srt-4 in a stock sssc/redline, some of them are freaks, ive seen videos of them beating srt-4 stock vs stock...When my RL was stock i put down 226whp.......thats enough to be neck and neck with an 04 srt-4 cause they weigh more and only put down a few more ponies.
dyno racing is so last year...
Old 03-30-2007, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by CobaltBurst
I ran a 14.6 there stock...trapping the same damn exact speed he did.

correction, i trapped half a mile quicker. whoopdie do.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:17 AM
Banned

dyno racing is so last year...
Ya i know....But its the internet so what the hell, haha.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:24 AM

i raced an srt-4 stock, beat it by about a half a car. everytime it shifted i would pull on it.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:28 AM

Every car is different, as well as drivers. I raced a kid that had an SRT with Stg2, BOV, Exhaust, intake, and not sure what else..I beat him by about a car from a roll and from a dig. He got the jump on me from a dig then I reeled him in slowly and only had about a car till 120 when I shut her down. I only had GM stg2, 2.79" pulley, CAI, and one-step colder plugs. Dyno numbers on a Dyno Jet, which is what all ya'll relate to, is about 250whp and 227-230wtq. My Mustang Dyno numbers are in my sig.

So..It is tough for anyone to say, Hey I can smoke any stock SRT. Like another member said, one could be slower then the next. Assembly lines FTW!!
Old 04-01-2007, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by LTcoupeTUNER
good job easing off casue of traffic...there is another thread out there right now were a kid was highway racing in traffic...i m glad you have brains and let off
i hope your not talking about me. i wasn't racing through traffic. we were driving fast through the traffic... to get ahead of it for a race.

Originally Posted by 1gmfanatik
Every car is different, as well as drivers. I raced a kid that had an SRT with Stg2, BOV, Exhaust, intake, and not sure what else..I beat him by about a car from a roll and from a dig. He got the jump on me from a dig then I reeled him in slowly and only had about a car till 120 when I shut her down. I only had GM stg2, 2.79" pulley, CAI, and one-step colder plugs. Dyno numbers on a Dyno Jet, which is what all ya'll relate to, is about 250whp and 227-230wtq. My Mustang Dyno numbers are in my sig.

So..It is tough for anyone to say, Hey I can smoke any stock SRT. Like another member said, one could be slower then the next. Assembly lines FTW!!
hey andy,
was it an orange srt? i've seen a wingless orange one around here that sounds pretty bad-ass

Originally Posted by FLCobalt
You are not going to beat an 04 SRT with just a CAI, it was either the slower model or he coudlnt drive. trust me on this.
y not? they run 14.0 stock and some cobalts are running low 14's stock. plus he had like 10hp from the CAI. i'd say thats a drivers race.
i've walked stock srt-4's pretty easily with my modest mods list.
zzp2.9 + #42's + tune +aem cai.

Last edited by chevysalesman614; 04-01-2007 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-01-2007, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by chevysalesman614
i hope your not talking about me. i wasn't racing through traffic. we were driving fast through the traffic... to get ahead of it for a race.

hey andy,
was it an orange srt? i've seen a wingless orange one around here that sounds pretty bad-ass

y not? they run 14.0 stock and some cobalts are running low 14's stock. plus he had like 10hp from the CAI. i'd say thats a drivers race.
i've walked stock srt-4's pretty easily with my modest mods list.
zzp2.9 + #42's + tune +aem cai.
I agree with everything you said. ANYTHING can happen on the street, and regardless of what this site makes people believe, Srt-4's are not invincible, especially while stock.

But honestly if he beat the srt-4 with just a CAI. Regardless of why, he would have still been able to beat him without the CAI.

Theres no way in hades a CAI can give this car 10hp.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:58 PM

and make quite a bit more torque....these ss/sc's and rl's win because of the driver. equal drivers, srt>ss/sc. Not ragging on the ss obviously, but it's true.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
and make quite a bit more torque....these ss/sc's and rl's win because of the driver. equal drivers, srt>ss/sc. Not ragging on the ss obviously, but it's true.
Hahaha oh man, i got beat last night by an 04 srt-4.......Its a buddy of mine who just got it, all we know it has is a 3" borla single outlet exhaust, and it is fast. We went from a 40 punch well he did, i was at 3-3.5k and he was at 4k so i was under where i wanted to be. He pulled out on me by about 2 cars and held it there.....We are going to run again when im in a good rpm to go at. It will still beat me but i will put up a way better fight. Those things are freaks........From a dig i just spun through 1st and 2nd spun alittle and when i hooked i pulled back neck and neck then he missed 3rd and the race was over, from a dig it would be a better run if i could hook up. I have raced a stock one and ran dead even with it, its weird how those cars are.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by LandonElf
I agree with everything you said. ANYTHING can happen on the street, and regardless of what this site makes people believe, Srt-4's are not invincible, especially while stock.

But honestly if he beat the srt-4 with just a CAI. Regardless of why, he would have still been able to beat him without the CAI.

Theres no way in hades a CAI can give this car 10hp.
i agree that it probably didn't effect the outcome, but i think 10 hp from an intake is fairly reasonable on this car. maybe 8-9 to give you the benefit of the doubt.
but K&N claims 13 hp

Hahaha oh man, i got beat last night by an 04 srt-4.......Its a buddy of mine who just got it, all we know it has is a 3" borla single outlet exhaust, and it is fast. We went from a 40 punch well he did, i was at 3-3.5k and he was at 4k so i was under where i wanted to be. He pulled out on me by about 2 cars and held it there.....We are going to run again when im in a good rpm to go at. It will still beat me but i will put up a way better fight. Those things are freaks........From a dig i just spun through 1st and 2nd spun alittle and when i hooked i pulled back neck and neck then he missed 3rd and the race was over, from a dig it would be a better run if i could hook up. I have raced a stock one and ran dead even with it, its weird how those cars are.
i think you may have lost to the driver

Last edited by chevysalesman614; 04-01-2007 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-02-2007, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by chevysalesman614
i agree that it probably didn't effect the outcome, but i think 10 hp from an intake is fairly reasonable on this car. maybe 8-9 to give you the benefit of the doubt.
but K&N claims 13 hp

i think you may have lost to the driver
Well if your talking about crank hp then i think you are accurate. But remember claimed hp is much different from actual hp. Manufacturers arent required to dyno under similar circumstances and can rate numbers in crank hp. Thats why you have BS crap like Tornados claiming 15+ hp.

And even if an intake netted 8hp on these cars, 5-6 of that is probably from the filter.

As i have said many many times before, the SS/SC comes with a cold air intake stock. Aftermarket CAI are just metal versions of our plastic intake tube, and for some reason people beleive that metal flows better than plastic.

Quick Reply: 1st race with srt-4....stock vs stock