War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

2.2 ls vs 01 prelude both autos.

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 02:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the sedan auto's good for 16.9 i got it up to 16.3 with intake, lsj exh manifold w/ 2.5" hi-flow cat and corsa sport catback. i figure that's not bad at all. i'm wondering what i'd run with my current mods and tune on the motor.

never-the-less good kill. go find yourself a scion tc and put the hurt on em. hell try a late model spec-v for that matter you'd be surprised how well she'll hold up in a race. btw i only race from the dig.

raven's just being raven. he's good people with a worked over sense of humor.

Last edited by Spanky's Monkey; 10-01-2008 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-01-2008, 02:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Spanky's Monkey
the sedan auto's good for 16.9 i got it up to 16.3 with intake, lsj exh manifold w/ 2.5" hi-flow cat and corsa sport catback. i figure that's not bad at all. i'm wondering what i'd run with my current mods and tune on the motor.

never-the-less good kill. go find yourself a scion tc and put the hurt on em. hell try a late model spec-v for that matter you'd be surprised how well she'll hold up in a race. btw i only race from the dig.

raven's just being raven. he's good people with a worked over sense of humor.
never said he wasn't a good person... ya i figure so... raced my friend with the lude again a few nights ago... from 5 mph roll we were rolling up to a red light and it changed green... i jumped him by almost 2 cars, then at around 90 he easily passed me he said he was barely doing 100 when he passed me so im figuring i was around 85-90 with how quick the pass was at that point.

i was in stage II on [I] again, but i never shifted to [d] i was watching him in the mirror until right at the end so i dunno if i tach'd out or if i wasn't near reaching 4th i know [i] wont let you in to 4th.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:18 AM

just laughing at the fact that 2 2800 pound 130hp'd automatics racing....
Old 10-01-2008, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by Raven SS
just laughing at the fact that 2 2800 pound 130hp'd automatics racing....

gotta love the ss that hate the 2.2 must be a ego thing.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:22 AM

I **** on a newer modded H22 Prelude a couple of weeks ago with three big dudes in my car listening to gay ass techno.

We pulled up to a red light, with this homo ass techno blaring, all of us rockin out. My buddy in the passenger seat motions to go to the guy in the Prelude, then turns to me and tells me to "hit it" on green.

The light turns green, I take off normal, then I hear the Prelude go wide open and pull half a length, so I hit it, and blew back by him spinning through 1st and into second, shut down at 50mph with 4 car lengths and 3 passengers laughing their ***** off.

God I love driving a 14 second Basemodel Sedan.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by HackAbuse
I **** on a newer modded H22 Prelude a couple of weeks ago with three big dudes in my car listening to gay ass techno.

We pulled up to a red light, with this homo ass techno blaring, all of us rockin out. My buddy in the passenger seat motions to go to the guy in the Prelude, then turns to me and tells me to "hit it" on green.

The light turns green, I take off normal, then I hear the Prelude go wide open and pull half a length, so I hit it, and blew back by him spinning through 1st and into second, shut down at 50mph with 4 car lengths and 3 passengers laughing their ***** off.

God I love driving a 14 second Basemodel Sedan.
was hoping u'd chime in hehe... nice kill.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by knoxbox

gotta love the ss that hate the 2.2 must be a ego thing.
i own a 2000 lb civic that has a dyno'd 276whp 2 liter engine going into it next month which will have me easily capable of a mid 11second 1/4 mile...not high 16s....and i dont own a ss...cobalts fail
Old 10-01-2008, 02:27 AM

was hoping u'd chime in hehe... nice kill.
I feel loved now.

Autos FTW

i own a 2000 lb civic that has a dyno'd 276whp 2 liter engine going into it next month which will have me easily capable of a mid 11second 1/4 mile...not high 16s....and i dont own a ss...cobalts fail
I'd like you see you pull a 13.00 or better on street tires

Last edited by HackAbuse; 10-01-2008 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-01-2008, 02:31 AM

didn't u own an ss at one time... so you still were an ss owner... reguardless makes no difference to me what you drive... you just go to show that any car is capable of being better with modification... so why hate?

I feel loved now.

Autos FTW

AUTOS FTW!!!

Last edited by knoxbox; 10-01-2008 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-01-2008, 02:35 AM

I feel loved now.

Autos FTW

similar set up runs a 7.9 in the 1/8 mile (thats all we have local) on street tires....which comparing hahn ran a 8.3 in the 1/8 on his 12.9 pass...on slicks....

7.9 1/8 would yield a low 12 second 1/4 easy....

didn't u own an ss at one time... so you still were an ss owner... reguardless makes no difference to me what you drive... you just go to show that any car is capable of being better with modification... so why hate?

AUTOS FTW!!!
cuz i think its funny when people talk about "kills" in something that is similar to the picture i posted.....2 things that are slow "racing" each other.

Last edited by Raven SS; 10-01-2008 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-01-2008, 02:35 AM

meh on the auto thing. i own one out of necessity. if i'd had my choice i'd be rowing along right now. oh well i still made 14 seconds either way so i don't mind much.

and i shift the **** outta this poor little auto.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:37 AM

similar set up runs a 7.9 in the 1/8 mile (thats all we have local) on street tires....which comparing hahn ran a 8.3 in the 1/8 on his 12.9 pass...on slicks....

7.9 1/8 would yield a low 12 second 1/4 easy....

cuz i think its funny when people talk about "kills" in something that is similar to the picture i posted.....2 things that are slow "racing" each other.
your civic in near stock form is slow... im near stock... but whatever if it makes it easier for you to sleep at night thats fine lol...

doesn't it suck only having and 1/8 thats all we have hear as well... lame.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:40 AM

if you really want to race with that auto you need to get the usual bolt-ons and a tune so you can drop that shift+. the trifecta tune makes that **** obsolete.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:43 AM

if you really want to race with that auto you need to get the usual bolt-ons and a tune so you can drop that shift+. the trifecta tune makes that **** obsolete.
i have not even made the first payment on this car lol... one step at a time for me.

1.5L I-4 70 HP, 1.5L I-4 102 HP, 1.5L I-4 92 HP, 1.6L I-4 125 HP

which one did your civic come with... even the 1.6 liter is only 125 hp... that is nothing to jump up and down about...

like i said anything will be a lot better with modification... give it time give it time.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:43 AM

your civic in near stock form is slow... im near stock... but whatever if it makes it easier for you to sleep at night thats fine lol...

doesn't it suck only having and 1/8 thats all we have hear as well... lame.
my civic cost 3 grand..and the swap was 4....over all i would high guess that i spent about 10 grand.....i know for a fact u paid way more for what i have paid...

regardless that is besides the point...my civic is fast..i have done what is needed to be fast...if ur car is near stock and is a LS base model....why are u racing it? i dont understand peoples need for thinking that they own a race car when it actually runs a high 16 second 1/4 mile...has nothing to do with a cobalt or a civic or anything....

it just blows my mind that people buy these cars and brag about being another 17 second car lol...
Old 10-01-2008, 02:45 AM

i take pride in being slow. not every slow car can brag about 14's. i mean come on it is only a na 4 banger.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:51 AM

my civic cost 3 grand..and the swap was 4....over all i would high guess that i spent about 10 grand.....i know for a fact u paid way more for what i have paid...

regardless that is besides the point...my civic is fast..i have done what is needed to be fast...if ur car is near stock and is a LS base model....why are u racing it? i dont understand peoples need for thinking that they own a race car when it actually runs a high 16 second 1/4 mile...has nothing to do with a cobalt or a civic or anything....

it just blows my mind that people buy these cars and brag about being another 17 second car lol...
i wasn't bragging, i was rather shocked that my little 150hp car could beat a 200hp car... but whatever if you call that bragging so be it...

i was having a lil fun with a friend i never said my car was a "race car" this is really starting to get laughable...

so your telling me you never once raced ur car when it was stock.. your civic.. you waited till you dropped all that money into it then decided oh hey lemme see what this will do... riight im not buying it.

mind if us lil 2.2L get back to our thread and you can unsubscribe so you don't get more upset about our sad sad kill stories?

i take pride in being slow. not every slow car can brag about 14's. i mean come on it is only a na 4 banger.
may not be fast to raven ss, but i think its pretty respectable...

Last edited by knoxbox; 10-01-2008 at 02:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-01-2008, 02:54 AM

im not mad...i dont give 2 *****...just think its funny

and then 2.2 owners will be the first to call a civic rice

Last edited by Raven SS; 10-01-2008 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-01-2008, 02:54 AM

meh on the auto thing. i own one out of necessity. if i'd had my choice i'd be rowing along right now. oh well i still made 14 seconds either way so i don't mind much.

and i shift the **** outta this poor little auto.
Same here.

I shift "manually" 90% of the time
Old 10-01-2008, 02:55 AM

thanks for the kind words.

doesn't matter what you own. if you race you race, if you mod it's all the same. in the end no matter what you do you will always be slow and your car will never amount to the next guys. just the way of the automotive world.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:56 AM

im not mad...i dont give 2 *****...just think its funny

and then 2.2 owners will be the first to call a civic rice
i don't call any car class rice, until it acquires that status... i haven't seen pictures of you civic but from the sig cartoon it looks pretty badass and from what you say it runs it sounds pretty badass...

i love how your out to say we steriotype you then you turn around and steriotype a 2.2 owner lol... were not all ********.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:57 AM

i love hitting it on the downshift hack. it's a sraight send off when people don't know it's an auto.

were not all ********.

speak for yourself i'm a ****** *****....lol

Last edited by Spanky's Monkey; 10-01-2008 at 02:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-01-2008, 02:59 AM

thanks for the kind words.

doesn't matter what you own. if you race you race, if you mod it's all the same. in the end no matter what you do you will always be slow and your car will never amount to the next guys. just the way of the automotive world.
agreed... i don't manually shift at all really... when i do mess around "race" whatever you want to call it i put it in stage II and put the car in [i] after i hit second i shift to [d] but like i said this is only when i "race" the rest of the time its in [d]
Old 10-01-2008, 02:59 AM

I'm sorry but you can't compare a 15 year old car to a new car.

In 15 years people will be able to buy a Cobalt for 3k, strip it, and install an LNF, and with HP Tuners and Drag Radials, it'll be just as fast as your Civic.

Yes, we know you only paid 10 grand to make your car "fast" but on a level playing field, any car can accomplish that.

And I love how you talk down "Basemodels" when you currently own one.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:02 AM

feels like a slow burn.

looks like a battle of the base models boys. we might lose this one though...........

Quick Reply: 2.2 ls vs 01 prelude both autos.