War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

2.2 ls vs 01 prelude both autos.

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 03:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Spanky's Monkey
thanks for the kind words.

doesn't matter what you own. if you race you race, if you mod it's all the same. in the end no matter what you do you will always be slow and your car will never amount to the next guys. just the way of the automotive world.
Originally Posted by HackAbuse
I'm sorry but you can't compare a 15 year old car to a new car.

In 15 years people will be able to buy a Cobalt for 3k, strip it, and install an LNF, and with HP Tuners and Drag Radials, it'll be just as fast as your Civic.

Yes, we know you only paid 10 grand to make your car "fast" but on a level playing field, any car can accomplish that.

And I love how you talk down "Basemodels" when you currently own one.
thank you! i think alot of this forums problems would be resolved if people just wouldn't make comments when its irrelevant to the subject at hand...

okay we got it raven ss you think/know our cars are slow, you think its funny that we race them... good for you... i'm sure there is another thread around here that begging for you attention and expertise.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Raven SS
my civic cost 3 grand..and the swap was 4....over all i would high guess that i spent about 10 grand.....i know for a fact u paid way more for what i have paid...

regardless that is besides the point...my civic is fast..i have done what is needed to be fast...if ur car is near stock and is a LS base model....why are u racing it? i dont understand peoples need for thinking that they own a race car when it actually runs a high 16 second 1/4 mile...has nothing to do with a cobalt or a civic or anything....

it just blows my mind that people buy these cars and brag about being another 17 second car lol...
And to add to my arguement, you said you paid 3 grand for the civic, and 10 all-in-all, which means 7k went into the engine/trans

I'm sorry, but if ANY of us put 7 grand into our drivetrains and stripped our cars, we'd be right up there with you.

Hell, I put $300 into my car and it went from a 16.40 on a good day to a 14.50 on a bad day.

Oh snapz.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:08 AM

I'm sorry but you can't compare a 15 year old car to a new car.

In 15 years people will be able to buy a Cobalt for 3k, strip it, and install an LNF, and with HP Tuners and Drag Radials, it'll be just as fast as your Civic.

Yes, we know you only paid 10 grand to make your car "fast" but on a level playing field, any car can accomplish that.

And I love how you talk down "Basemodels" when you currently own one.
people will not even remember the cobalt....and i dont own a "base model" i own an si...thanks for ur input tho...

Originally Posted by knoxbox
thank you! i think alot of this forums problems would be resolved if people just wouldn't make comments when its irrelevant to the subject at hand...

okay we got it raven ss you think/know our cars are slow, you think its funny that we race them... good for you... i'm sure there is another thread around here that begging for you attention and expertise.
saying that on cobaltSS.net is kinda ballsy of u....

Last edited by Raven SS; 10-01-2008 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-01-2008, 03:09 AM

7 grand in a base balt and that's some ridiculus power to be had. i'd spend 2G's of it on coil overs and brakes though.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:10 AM

people will not even remember the cobalt....and i dont own a "base model" i own an si...thanks for ur input tho...
si was what.. 1.6l 125hp...

si = top of the line for honda? no wait isn't there a type r somewhere so not top of the line.
ss = top of the line for gm the ss/tc is what 220hp

ya you started off so much better.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:10 AM

And to add to my arguement, you said you paid 3 grand for the civic, and 10 all-in-all, which means 7k went into the engine/trans

I'm sorry, but if ANY of us put 7 grand into our drivetrains and stripped our cars, we'd be right up there with you.

Hell, I put $300 into my car and it went from a 16.40 on a good day to a 14.50 on a bad day.

Oh snapz.
no u wouldnt....look at the turbo built lsj's...theyve spent the same amount..hell i spent 15 grand on my cobalt and it wouldnt keep up with my civic now...

and ur talking about 7 grand ontop of the what? 15 grand u spend on the car....if ur gonna compare numbers keep it even at least....if i put 22k into a civic u would not keep up...ever
Old 10-01-2008, 03:11 AM

si for 3 stacks that's a damn hot deal man.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:11 AM

Dear god, **** me!

I was off by a mere 22hp and 6 ft/lbs of torque

That's a HUGE increase over the basemodel.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:12 AM

saying that on cobaltSS.net is kinda ballsy of u....
why cause they will ban me... you come into my thread, and basically thread jack it into a 2.2 vs civic si and you think they are going to ban me? well maybe they will... it'll just force me to get off my ass and go out and do something besides sit here for the next hour arguing with you.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:14 AM

si was what.. 1.6l 125hp...

si = top of the line for honda? no wait isn't there a type r somewhere so not top of the line.
ss = top of the line for gm the ss/tc is what 220hp

ya you started off so much better.
type r is in japan...and again ur comparing a 95 vs 09...hell the 08 rsx's smash stock for stock on ss/sc's all day...

and way to get off topic...compare all u want..u got butt hurt cuz 2 slow cars have a "race" and someone mad fun of that fact....

Dear god, **** me!

I was off by a mere 22hp and 6 ft/lbs of torque

That's a HUGE increase over the basemodel.
i didnt say nothing about power...u said i own a base model...and i said no i dont...black and white...

Last edited by Raven SS; 10-01-2008 at 03:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-01-2008, 03:16 AM

and ur talking about 7 grand ontop of the what? 15 grand u spend on the car....if ur gonna compare numbers keep it even at least....if i put 22k into a civic u would not keep up...ever
If your going to compare, at least keep the playing field even.

You're talking about a 15 year old car. If a Cobalt was 15 years old, it wouldn't cost a dime more than your car. Look at current-day cavaliers.

type r is in japan...and again ur comparing a 95 vs 09...hell the 08 rsx's smash stock for stock on ss/sc's all day...

and way to get off topic...compare all u want..u got butt hurt cuz 2 slow cars have a "race" and someone mad fun of that fact....

i didnt say nothing about power...u said i own a base model...and i said no i dont...black and white...
your telling me an rsx-s will beat an ss/sc stock for stock... u've lost your flippin mind... my stock mazdaspeed protege 170 hp stock for stock against an rsx-s i ate them from breakfast lunch and dinner.

why cause they will ban me... you come into my thread, and basically thread jack it into a 2.2 vs civic si and you think they are going to ban me? well maybe they will... it'll just force me to get off my ass and go out and do something besides sit here for the next hour arguing with you.
why would they ban u? i was referring to u saying the problem is people on the forum....i owned an ss...so i came to cobalt ss . net....i only come back here for the transactions i have going thru to get rid of my cobalt stuff....and happen to come across a funny thread
Old 10-01-2008, 03:17 AM

ps. im a 08
Old 10-01-2008, 03:17 AM

Well then, If you'd like to get technical, I have an LS Sport, which is equivalent to an 2006+ LTZ, which is not a basemodel.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:18 AM

why would they ban u? i was referring to u saying the problem is people on the forum....i owned an ss...so i came to cobalt ss . net....i only come back here for the transactions i have going thru to get rid of my cobalt stuff....and happen to come across a funny thread
the problem IS certain people on this forum that don't know what stay on topic means. and apparently you don't.

i'm a base model and im damn proud of it... this is really getting funny so i have to agree, we should rename this thread OFF TOPIC FUNNY BIZZ!
Old 10-01-2008, 03:20 AM

your telling me an rsx-s will beat an ss/sc stock for stock... u've lost your flippin mind... my stock mazdaspeed protege 170 hp stock for stock against an rsx-s i ate them from breakfast lunch and dinner.
means nothing...when professional drivers compare numbers on each car...thats what u base it off of...i can race my buddies lambo in my 125hp civic and because he sucks at driving walk him easy....does that make my civic > lambo?

u can have ur thread back....waste my time on kids who would never understand....

the problem IS certain people on this forum that don't know what stay on topic means. and apparently you don't.

i'm a base model and im damn proud of it... this is really getting funny so i have to agree, we should rename this thread OFF TOPIC FUNNY BIZZ!
there is no topic on this thread...ur just telling people u beat another car...which happens to be a honda...so comparing honda vs cobalt is staying on topic..

just like the other useless **** on this site....nothing gives back to community...

Last edited by Raven SS; 10-01-2008 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-01-2008, 03:22 AM

means nothing...when professional drivers compare numbers on each car...thats what u base it off of...i can race my buddies lambo in my 125hp civic and because he sucks at driving walk him easy....does that make my civic > lambo?

u can have ur thread back....waste my time on kids who would never understand....
thank the lowered! im a kid woo hoo... 25 makes me a kid... now here comes the next reply mentally your a kid... wow i called that easy...
i think im giving back knowledge to the community that hey the 2.2 aint so bad... and with a lil more modification it'll just get better and better and you come in here being negetive nancy and blah blah blah all
Old 10-01-2008, 03:24 AM

im actually gonna stick around...11 more post until 10k
Old 10-01-2008, 03:24 AM

there is no topic on this thread...ur just telling people u beat another car...which happens to be a honda...so comparing honda vs cobalt is staying on topic..

just like the other useless **** on this site....nothing gives back to community...
And I'm sure you'd be thrilled if I invaded every single one of your kill threads on other websites talking smack about how my bone stock RX Warrior would **** on your built civic all day long.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:27 AM

And I'm sure you'd be thrilled if I invaded every single one of your kill threads on other websites talking smack about how my bone stock RX Warrior would **** on your built civic all day long.
i dont make war story threads on my other forums...but ur welcome to come....

10 more
Old 10-01-2008, 03:30 AM

i dont make war story threads on my other forums...but ur welcome to come....

10 more
I'm sure at some point or another you will make a post about how ungodly fast your civic is

At which point in time I'd chime in about how I only spent 6 grand on a stock sled that goes just as fast if not faster when I haven't changed jack **** under the hood.

Get the point?
Old 10-01-2008, 03:32 AM

acura rsx-s 15.4 1/4 stock is so impressive.

cobalts ss 14.6 1/4 stock hrm...

what did he say earlier?
Old 10-01-2008, 03:36 AM

I'm sure at some point or another you will make a post about how ungodly fast your civic is

At which point in time I'd chime in about how I only spent 6 grand on a stock sled that goes just as fast if not faster when I haven't changed jack **** under the hood.

Get the point?
no cuz i just sold my hood so coming back to this site would be never...check my recent post dude...for the past month..i come on random times only when im informed i have a PM from the last person that is buying the last thing i need to sell that connects me to the cobalt world...

u guys need to be quicker...i wanna break 10k in this thread lol

Last edited by Raven SS; 10-01-2008 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-01-2008, 03:43 AM

oh motortrend says
14.3 on the rsx-s
13.9 on the ss/sc

pretty close but still a win... chevy FTW!

5.5 0-60 ss/sc
7.03 0-60 rsx-s

i don't see were you got your information from.

i suppose your next comment will be motortrend doesn't have professional drivers?

Quick Reply: 2.2 ls vs 01 prelude both autos.