War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

2.2 vs Civic Si OMG RESULTS ARE SHOCKING

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 04:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
delta....where at in MI are u?
Old 04-27-2007, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey delta....did u end up comin to the meet at dave and busters a couple months back??
Old 04-27-2007, 04:18 PM

Like some of these guys have said he must have been a bad driver. Even with having no torque that Si shouldve taken you no problem. I would reccoment test driving one just to feel their power. Now Im not a civic fan but those Si's are ******* bad ass!!! I test drove onbe last year because my gf was looking at them and I was impressed. And from the sound of things he isnt stock either.....
Old 04-27-2007, 04:23 PM
Banned

Exclamation

Originally Posted by unclesid
hey delta....did u end up comin to the meet at dave and busters a couple months back??
nah i was busy. i go to other meets now. theres a OU meet and a friday night woodward meet. there is also a BW3 meet on wenseday that i may go to later on in the year its just the same day as the OU meet.

Originally Posted by IonFeright
Like some of these guys have said he must have been a bad driver. Even with having no torque that Si shouldve taken you no problem. I would reccoment test driving one just to feel their power. Now Im not a civic fan but those Si's are ******* bad ass!!! I test drove onbe last year because my gf was looking at them and I was impressed. And from the sound of things he isnt stock either.....
OK IM SICK OF THIS. I WAS NECK AND NECK WITH THIS GUY. and he didnt suck at driving. he was just as good as me and im a great driver imo.

if u think im wrong then dammit get over it. Honda's Vtec isnt that great. its old technology in a sence. the 2.4 VVT is better then the Vtec. but even my 2.2 can keep up neck and neck with the damn Si.

again the Si may have 197 hp BUT its only got 137 trq. my cars got 145 hp and 155 trq. not to mention the fact my engines underated AND i have an intake and exhaust.

so dont think im lieing. ur all like "i highly doubt that, it was a bad driver, etc"

2.2 FTMFW B***hes

Last edited by Delta2.2; 04-27-2007 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-27-2007, 05:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
no one is doubting you got the win bro.
but the numbers dont lie.

Simple fact is, the SI with a good driver, can hit mid 14s.

Like i said earlier. you drove well. he didnt.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:05 PM

I believe he was right beside you. Go to the track, and that will tell us your driving skills and his if you think he is your equal.

Just as an extreme example of what you are talking about...

If torque wins the race, then you had better not worry about the bikes, they have none.
Just worry about the cummins and power strokes.

Don't take this the wrong way, but v-tec is pretty neat.
My 2.0L is making 10-15whp less than ss/sc's on the same dyno with stg.2,intake,exhaust, modded header.
They are both 2.0L's. It's not forced induction, but it's great for n/a.
All I have is cams from an 05 rsx, intake manifold from 06 si, and bolt-ons like intake/exhaust and header.

Consider that the si has the same parts as me minus the bolt-ons. He was not a true representation of the car, and it happens. Alot of the srt-4 guys get flack when they first get it, because they are newbs and they suck. The car is fast, just have to learn.

I'm no fanboy. I love the ss/sc cobalt. The sound is awesome, and they are quite quick stock.
They are faster than the si stock, no doubt.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:09 PM

With him have 50+hp don't you think he shoulda pulled away once the rpm's started climbing? Its a good run by you kudos but don't expect that to happen every time you race an SI
Old 04-27-2007, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Delta2.2
nah i was busy. i go to other meets now. theres a OU meet and a friday night woodward meet. there is also a BW3 meet on wenseday that i may go to later on in the year its just the same day as the OU meet.

OK IM SICK OF THIS. I WAS NECK AND NECK WITH THIS GUY. and he didnt suck at driving. he was just as good as me and im a great driver imo.

if u think im wrong then dammit get over it. Honda's Vtec isnt that great. its old technology in a sence. the 2.4 VVT is better then the Vtec. but even my 2.2 can keep up neck and neck with the damn Si.

again the Si may have 197 hp BUT its only got 137 trq. my cars got 145 hp and 155 trq. not to mention the fact my engines underated AND i have an intake and exhaust.

so dont think im lieing. ur all like "i highly doubt that, it was a bad driver, etc"

2.2 FTMFW B***hes

How could you possibly know that he didnt screw up while you guys were racing. He could be short shifting and not even know it.....

Dont get all bent out of shape. A modded Si with a decent driver should take a 2.2L ecotec. Numbers arent everything anyways. When I test drove the SI I couldnt even feel the loss of torque. I have intake, exhaust, header, DP, and Nitrous on my 2.2 and Im still not sure how I would do against a modded Si. He could have lowered the v-tak. That would give him a much larger powerband. Plus he probably had LSD.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:42 PM

theres a reason why the 2.2L Cobalt was not in Car And Drivers fastet cars under 20K---its just not fast enough.

Honda Accord 4cyl 5 speed and Civic 18L made the cut. 148hp and similar weight is not faster then 197hp and similar weight. Its plain old physics.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:58 PM

Si's are slow.

/end thread
Old 04-27-2007, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by an0malous
most are running mid to high 14s?

sry man. but i stopped reading right there.
I have spent a bit of time reading quite a few forums.
8thcivic is one of them.

and you and I both know thats bullshit.

the great drivers are getting mid 14s. MOST are running 15 flat.

And just to show you im not full of **** the way you are.
cobalt ss/sc great drivers are running 14.1-14.3. but MOST are running 14.4-14.8.

In this case a good driver of a 2.2 beat a bad driver of an SI.
end of story.
you must have read other threads than me. Im sticking with my numbers 14.5-14.9 most are in the higher 14s, ill give you that. The bad/new drivers are in the low 15s. But some have hit the low 14s(great drivers, good track conditions).
If you want to call me full of **** thats fine. Ive seen them run and saw the timeslips.
I still thought the Si won, but only slighly pulled. whats this 2.2 beating the Si end of story ****.(shitty si driver still beats geat 2.2 driver) Good call on that one tho
Old 04-28-2007, 12:44 PM

we stop and we line it up at 0. the dig lol. he goes ok ...... 1.....2......3!!! we both go and we both have minimal wheelspin but thats expected. we both have great launches and were off. dead even all the way from 0-35, we shift i get a little jump cause i shifted faster but nothing to give me a lead just completely dead even. so 35-55 we both shift to 3rd. again DEAD EVEN. so we go from 55-70ish? when i have to shift to 4th. he shifts earlier cause of the 6 speed. and i whind out 3rd. by this time its about 75. WE ARE STILL DEAD EVEN. NECK AND NECK. but as soon as i go to 4th it doesnt just end. he then starts to INCH away ever so slowly. seriously i cant say ive had a closer race in my life. and since hes going all out im like screw it lets go. from 75-100ish we are still pulling. at 100 i let off. ok when its starting triple digits i call quits.

by the time i let off he was only 3/4 of a car ahead of me. we both pull over and hes like damn dude thats impressive. keep that car and do some more mods fo sho
The shift points are what make me think that the Si driver wasn't a good driver.

the shift to 3rd should not happen until around 60mph

he definatly should not have shifted to 4th until 80mph

If he is shifting below the redline then he'll fall out of the higher cam profile, and there is a huge drop in power there, which would slow him down.

The minimal wheel spin might also mean that he had VSA (traction control) on, which on the high reving engine in the Si would really slow it down at the start.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by koonce727
you must have read other threads than me. Im sticking with my numbers 14.5-14.9 most are in the higher 14s, ill give you that. The bad/new drivers are in the low 15s. But some have hit the low 14s(great drivers, good track conditions).
If you want to call me full of **** thats fine. Ive seen them run and saw the timeslips.
I still thought the Si won, but only slighly pulled. whats this 2.2 beating the Si end of story ****.(shitty si driver still beats geat 2.2 driver) Good call on that one tho
Show me 1. besides that guy over there that even your own honda members call full of ****.

we all know about mr 14.2 when everyone else is running 14.5+

trust me. if some guy came on here saying he ran a 13.8 stock. he would be called out as a bullshitter.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:31 AM

There are actually a few guys now runnin 14.2s,, one does have a CAI. Ive also found/ and see at the strip guys running 14.3s and 14.4s with i/e. Could be track conditions, because the best numbers seem to come from a only a few tracks.
I personally believe it takes a good driver to pull decent times with this engine. I say this because there is a guy that just came back from the track and ran a 16.4 then a 15.3 with his si. So yes not all can pull decent numbers but some can.

Yes a few people called bs. But there were a good number of members from our site that were at the strip with him and SAW him run that time. So there is no bs on his time.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:35 PM

Please go back to your honda site.
And refrain from linking threads from over here that usually just end up in stupid flamewars with people who make accounts just to rant.

This is the stuff you want to read. so go back and read it.

You have a n/a 200hp car vs. a F/I 260hp car. Until you compare a Si that has 260hp like the ms3, you dont have a comparison.But a 260hp Si vs. a ms3, well, I think we all know who would win that one.
i'd say STOCK si = ss s/c they run 14.5~9 stock.....not that fast
IMO you can never fully compare a N/A car to a TC/SC car (by a Moderator)
An Si w/ I/RH/E would walk a Cobalt SS/SC any day of the week, even on Sundays! I raced 4 of them at once on the freeway once and walked 3 of them and I only have a SRI
Old 04-29-2007, 12:50 PM

stock b16b's are weaksuase.

LOL @ stickers on your car. ******* ricer.

Last edited by Claudia SS; 04-29-2007 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-29-2007, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Claudia SS
stock b16b's are weaksuase.

LOL @ stickers on your car. ******* ricer.
are you talking about the honda? b16s are the 99-00 si, the 06+ is the k20z3, a much better engine
Old 04-29-2007, 02:04 PM

we stop and we line it up at 0. the dig lol. he goes ok ...... 1.....2......3!!! we both go and we both have minimal wheelspin but thats expected. we both have great launches and were off. dead even all the way from 0-35, we shift i get a little jump cause i shifted faster but nothing to give me a lead just completely dead even. so 35-55 we both shift to 3rd. again DEAD EVEN. so we go from 55-70ish? when i have to shift to 4th. he shifts earlier cause of the 6 speed. and i whind out 3rd. by this time its about 75. WE ARE STILL DEAD EVEN. NECK AND NECK. but as soon as i go to 4th it doesnt just end. he then starts to INCH away ever so slowly. seriously i cant say ive had a closer race in my life. and since hes going all out im like screw it lets go. from 75-100ish we are still pulling. at 100 i let off. ok when its starting triple digits i call quits.

Come race me...he didn't know how to drive or you're just full of B.S. My stock whp is 15 more than yours at the crank. Car weight is the same. He shifted WAY early. The Si will redline at 82 mph in 3rd, 114 in 4th. 6th gear never comes into play because it's useless for any gains because of the gear ratio and much less torque. Come back with a S/C coupe and you will have a very good chance....here's what it will look like with an Si and a S/C coupe....go park that 2.2 cause I call B.S.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tgvAUX8DliY
Old 04-29-2007, 02:24 PM

and here they come.

um idk. Cobalt SS's are fast little cars. But the 2.2's are pretty slow stock. We all know that the Si should have won...but he's obviously a noob when it comes to driving. I really respect anyone who is into cars, not matter what make or model. If any of us liked the SS then we would have one right? Same thing goes for the SS guys, if they liked the Si they would have bought one. Same horse, different color. Who gives a **** about some kid on the SS board who is getting pwnd by his own fellow SSers for being a doofus?
I hope you two....and any more of you who have been tempted to register just to stir the pot have a good read.

Hope more of you are cool like this guy. and dont troll over here like this koonce wanker.

Last edited by an0malous; 04-29-2007 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-29-2007, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by 06Si
Come race me...he didn't know how to drive or you're just full of B.S. My stock whp is 15 more than yours at the crank. Car weight is the same. He shifted WAY early. The Si will redline at 82 mph in 3rd, 114 in 4th. 6th gear never comes into play because it's useless for any gains because of the gear ratio and much less torque. Come back with a S/C coupe and you will have a very good chance....here's what it will look like with an Si and a S/C coupe....go park that 2.2 cause I call B.S.

I seriously doubt he is BSing the story.

The cobalt has a little more torque, and is slightly lighter, plus the Si is a PITA to launch correctly, and it sounds like the Si driver launched at too low of an RPM or has TCS on, so going off the line even is definatly believable.

If he was short shifting as stated then he would be hitting the dip in power right before the changeover, this means that he is losing about 20 hp, and 15 ft-lbs torque, which would definatly be enough to slow the car down.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by 07_Si

The cobalt has a little more torque, and is slightly lighter, plus the Si is a PITA to launch correctly, and it sounds like the Si driver launched at too low of an RPM or has TCS on, so going off the line even is definatly believable.

If he was short shifting as stated then he would be hitting the dip in power right before the changeover, this means that he is losing about 20 hp, and 15 ft-lbs torque, which would definatly be enough to slow the car down.

WOW! I thought sure this was gonna be a couple SI guys flaming a 2.2 owner. Boy was I wrong. Very cool outlook dude! Sounds like I may be qwicker to call BS on this story then you are!

Your SI's are no JOKE! they're kwik cars and as an owner of a 2.4 SS I can say the few I've beeten didn't go down easily! Had Honda come out with the SI sedan before I got my Cobalt I'd DEFINENTLY have checked it out. Torque or not they're nice cars!
Old 04-29-2007, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by avro206
just goes to show there are too many people out there who can't drive their car.
Not only could he not drive but he has no filter on his CAI? What a moron. At that rate he will have to change his oil every 100miles. Maybe he will suck a bird into the intake lol.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by R&C_rallySS
Not only could he not drive but he has no filter on his CAI? What a moron. At that rate he will have to change his oil every 100miles. Maybe he will suck a bird into the intake lol.
Or a paper cup! Very bad idea to run with no air filter!
Old 04-29-2007, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by 06Si

That SS/SC must not know how to drive either. I ran 14.2 @100mph stock. There is no way a Si would have a chance. I would even let the Si have CAI, header, and exhaust and me being stock would still destroy you. Now that I have little over a grand into me car I'm running mid 13s @ 108, no si is near that with bolt ons.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by 07_Si

Is this guy for real? I NEVER would have expected a Honda SI driver to get on here and say stuff like this. It's almost surreal.

Quick Reply: 2.2 vs Civic Si OMG RESULTS ARE SHOCKING