War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

2.2 vs Civic Si OMG RESULTS ARE SHOCKING

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 05:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by monkeiboy
Is this guy for real? I NEVER would have expected a Honda SI driver to get on here and say stuff like this. It's almost surreal.
Hey, he's being cool lets play nice and keep it that way.

But I know I couldn't believe it at first either.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:18 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok why is everyone not getting this. i never said i won. i LOST.

the only thing i was really braggin about was that i was able to keep up with it till 70. he still pulled away and beat me fair and square in the end.

based on what 07_Si said i think thats what went down. he didnt launch at good rpms and he didnt shift at the right moments.

i will also see if i can race him again to get a video. so wait and see this wenseday cause i dont know his number or how to contact him

Last edited by Delta2.2; 04-29-2007 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-29-2007, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by monkeiboy
Is this guy for real? I NEVER would have expected a Honda SI driver to get on here and say stuff like this. It's almost surreal.
lol, The Si is a somewhat hard car to drive fast in a straight line, the launch and shift points are everything with a stock Si, so (like almost any car) its only a quick car in the right hands.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
try launching a car with 200ft/lbs of torque to the front wheels
i believe we "feel your pain" with the launch thing.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:28 PM

Hey look! Another Si guy that joins to respond to the topic First off, good race! Good to see some unexpected competition running around. I'm going to have to agree with most people and say that most Si's would probably pull you more than you stated, but anything can happen. I think too many people get an ego about their car and can't accept that some underdog cars will come out on top of theirs sometimes. 3 examples:

Me (stock Si coupe) vs 350z - 55-100 roll - he pulls about a fender on me. Was surprised I could keep up with a car with such a huge power difference

Me vs Modded RSX - 35-90 roll - he starts to pull about a fender or half a car. He said he ran 15.5 stock (what I ran unfortunately) and now had RH/CBE/TB. Again, pretty cool.

Me Vs 2.4 SS - 1/4 mile track - I didn't get too great of a launch and he pulls ahead and stays there. I think he actually kept pulling most of the track. I think he had an exhaust, tune, and some new injectors? Definately surprised me.

In the end anything can happen, because the 3 above cases all threw me off guard. Take it FWIW

PS: CIAZ are a bunch of great guys! The 2.4 was with a group of them at the track and they were all extremely friendly and talked to me about their cars and my new Si. Great to see others that don't have the typical import (Honda lol) ego.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:36 PM

Hurray for Si guys being civil!
Old 04-30-2007, 12:39 PM

like i said. there are some pretty decent guys over at 8th civic.
I do a good bit of reading over there (dont really post because i know what would happen)

unfortunately.....we have people such as Koonce as an example for them.
because usually the smarter, more "car enthusiast" type people from 8th civic....dont bother invading other forums because they are (surprise surprise) smart enough to realise that its usually just a big flame fest.

and all were left with is the douchebags who get all riled up and come over here informing us that a stock SI will walk a cobalt every day of the week.

we have people like that too. i dont deny it one bit.
and im certain the honda guys can tell you stories of douchebags from our community who go over there and give us a bad name too.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok wow is all I can say! I'm really impressed st how civil these Honda owners are being. Useualy when we get a Honda owner in here he's a troll just trying to start trouble.

I can honestly say you guys are forcing me to change my outlook on Honda owners.

Welcome to CSS.net.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by an0malous
unfortunately.....we have people such as Koonce as an example for them.because usually the smarter, more "car enthusiast" type people from 8th civic....dont bother invading other forums because they are (surprise surprise) smart enough to realise that its usually just a big flame fest.
He hasn't said anything to really bother me. Oh, I guess it bothered me a little when he started that 14.2 BS talk. I could see bring this up if he, the owner of this "14.2", had done it more than once with other members following suit soon after but it has NOT HAPPENED!
Old 04-30-2007, 01:17 PM

On behalf of those of us from 8thCivic, I want to say thank you to all of you who have kept your composure during the "invasion", so to speak.

Many Civic owners get a bad rep because of how the select few choose to present themselves. The same can be said about Chevy, Ford, and any other car company out there. We have stereotypes for them all. "All Chevy drivers are hillbillies, all Honda drivers are asian, all Honda drivers are ricers, etc." The list goes on.

Many of us over at 8thCivic have, above all else, a love for cars. Many of us have preferences as to brand and models, but that's why so many different cars exist: to cater to what people like.

I apologize if anyone was offended by some of the Civic owner's responses; I doubt that was any of our intentions. Most of us know that nothing good comes of the whole e-peen "mine is bigger and better than yours" logic.

I have owned American cars my entirely life and this is my first Honda. I must say, I love the Honda, and there are many things that my Pontiacs before it lacked, but there are things I miss about my American cars.

Anyways, I'm getting winded. I hope none of you feel discouraged from signing up over at 8thCivic and saying hello: you will probably get a few flames, but many of the regulars, myself included, quickly stamp them out; because being a car enthusiast means respecting and enjoying seeing other people's cars. I hope you all feel the same way here. I would love to post pictures of my car without fear of people slamming me, and I would extend the same courtesy on 8thCivic.

Old 04-30-2007, 01:21 PM

hm.. very surprised how this all turned out.. good job nig nogs..
Old 04-30-2007, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Special Ringpop
On behalf of those of us from 8thCivic, I want to say thank you to all of you who have kept your composure during the "invasion", so to speak.

Many Civic owners get a bad rep because of how the select few choose to present themselves. The same can be said about Chevy, Ford, and any other car company out there. We have stereotypes for them all. "All Chevy drivers are hillbillies, all Honda drivers are asian, all Honda drivers are ricers, etc." The list goes on.

Many of us over at 8thCivic have, above all else, a love for cars. Many of us have preferences as to brand and models, but that's why so many different cars exist: to cater to what people like.

I apologize if anyone was offended by some of the Civic owner's responses; I doubt that was any of our intentions. Most of us know that nothing good comes of the whole e-peen "mine is bigger and better than yours" logic.

I have owned American cars my entirely life and this is my first Honda. I must say, I love the Honda, and there are many things that my Pontiacs before it lacked, but there are things I miss about my American cars.

Anyways, I'm getting winded. I hope none of you feel discouraged from signing up over at 8thCivic and saying hello: you will probably get a few flames, but many of the regulars, myself included, quickly stamp them out; because being a car enthusiast means respecting and enjoying seeing other people's cars. I hope you all feel the same way here. I would love to post pictures of my car without fear of people slamming me, and I would extend the same courtesy on 8thCivic.

Well said. We can turn this crap around with a few level heads. No need for sport compact to be giving each other grief. We get enough from the "heavy iron" guys.
I've been on this site for some time now. It's great, and all the locals I meet are good guys, car guys.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by N/ADC5
Well said. We can turn this crap around with a few level heads. No need for sport compact to be giving each other grief. We get enough from the "heavy iron" guys.
I've been on this site for some time now. It's great, and all the locals I meet are good guys, car guys.

Agreed. I have to tell you, I love looking at other people's cars. I worked a Ford dealership the summer after high school in the detail department and I adored driving any car they had me do: it didn't matter how old, new, or anything, it was just an enjoyment for me playing with a new car and seeing how different perspectives can be.

No car is better than all the others. I refuse to believe that. You may get one or two benefits over another vehicle, but the other vehicle has one or two benefits over your own. There's a trade/pay-off in everything, and it is all about finding what YOU like. As long as you like it, that's all that matters.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by SS4ME
He hasn't said anything to really bother me. Oh, I guess it bothered me a little when he started that 14.2 BS talk. I could see bring this up if he, the owner of this "14.2", had done it more than once with other members following suit soon after but it has NOT HAPPENED!
he is the one who linked this at 8thcivic.

and no im not linking his link
Old 04-30-2007, 03:00 PM

he is the one who linked this at 8thcivic.

and no im not linking his link
This is a bit off-topic, but I absolutely love your headlights: they look great compared to the stock ones.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:02 PM

thanks appreciate it
Old 04-30-2007, 03:17 PM

why cant u 2.4 and 2.2 people just give with racing your cars for gods sake. The way gas prices are now I wouldent even think of racing. Regular fuel is up to $3.10 a gallon and its probably going to rise to $3.30 if not higher by summer. I think super is like $3.50 a gallon....when i first got my car I was into the racing thing too but geez

Last edited by RedCavyRS99; 05-06-2007 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Pointless
Old 04-30-2007, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Nickc84
why cant u 2.4 and 2.2 people just give with racing your cars for gods sake. The way gas prices are now I wouldent even think of racing. Regular fuel is up to $3.10 a gallon and its probably going to rise to $3.30 if not higher by summer. I think super is like $3.50 a gallon....when i first got my car I was into the racing thing too but geez

If you're that worried about gas milage go get a hybrid

I don't even need to come up with a response to the rest of that

Last edited by RedCavyRS99; 05-06-2007 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Edited for quote content
Old 04-30-2007, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Special Ringpop
This is a bit off-topic, but I absolutely love your headlights: they look great compared to the stock ones.
+1 actually. I was thinking that as I was posting. SS looks real clean. FWIW, I was in a modular Mustang before my Si When you go from the 99-04 4.6 boards to 8thcivic/HT/CSi, it reaaallly puts things in perspective. Granted 8thcivic is the best of the group. But seeing as how the majority of posts are about short shifters and appearance mods compared to blowers, gears, sub frames, etc, it's easy to see how there are a lot of ricers running around. It's also pretty easy to put my Si in perspective based on my old Stang. I think these Honda boys just need to experience all there is to experience from cars. My friends havea diverse range of cars, so getting to drive them all makes it pretty damn clear where everything falls.

04 Mustang GT (mine)
05 Mustang Gt
01 Lightning
02 SS Camaro
01 WS6
98 Prelude
91 Laser Turbo
88 Acura Legend (mine)
93 240sx
88 5.0 Stang
06 Accord V6
07 Si (mine)
01 Jetta 1.8
00 SVT Contour
92 Taurus SHO
05 tC
05 2.4 Cobalt
06 Acura RSX-S
05 Celica GTS

This kinda covers a lot of ground that I'm sure a lot of the Honda fan boys never get a chance to see. Case in point..My girlfriends brother (15) comes outside and see's my new Si and is like OH MAN IS THAT THE NEW CIVIC? MAN I LOVE HONDAS YOU SHOULD GET A TURBO. He goes on to say his friend is about to turbo his Accord and how fast it is. 20 minutes later, his friend rolls up in a 90-93 sedan...auto...with a nice rice wing, a ghetto drop and a retarded muffler. I just laughed in my head. What's funny is he had driven in my Stang before I sold it which ran mid 13's...and he thought the Accord was fast. I don't get it lol.

In conclusion, I have no idea wtf I was getting at. /rambling
Old 04-30-2007, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Nickc84
why cant u 2.4 and 2.2 people just give with racing your cars for gods sake. The way gas prices are now I wouldent even think of racing. Regular fuel is up to $3.10 a gallon and its probably going to rise to $3.30 if not higher by summer. I think super is like $3.50 a gallon....when i first got my car I was into the racing thing too but geez common we all know hondas suck let them pass by you who gives a crap. thats why everyone makes fun of hondas anyway ha ha
don't try to stir the pot..

keep it civil .. thats how its been.. and thats the way it WILL stay
Old 04-30-2007, 03:50 PM

Anomalous, i apologize for being a dick, im not trying to be. I am a huge car enthusaist and have been my entire life. I grew up around gm cars(chevelles, camaros ect..) I love the cobalt especially the ss because of its great potential(reason why i joined this forum). I, unlike many honda folks, have nothing against gm.
Im just trying to get true facts out there.
The main reason i thought this post was b/s, is because i myself(in my 06 ex) beat my good friend everytime we run(he has a 2.2 balt).
Other than that im just saying that the new civics run better than 15s, and have a little more in them than some people think(some peeps just cant drive). A good driver should have pulled more than that on a 2.2
Im not out to **** you off or ruin your day by being a "wanker".

I Joined this forum because i am looking to get rid of my ex in return for an SS/sc. Which i very clearly stated in my introduction to this forum.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:54 PM

most of what you have said hasnt been bad.

but linking threads is just a big no no.
we have retards just like you do.
and linking threads that show someone beating their car type just inflames them.

No hard feelings. but just try and avoid it. it usually ends up messy.
Youll find most people on this site will actually say this same thing to people who link honda forums here.
because we know it just starts forum wars.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:03 PM

most of what you have said hasnt been bad.

but linking threads is just a big no no.
we have retards just like you do.
and linking threads that show someone beating their car type just inflames them.

No hard feelings. but just try and avoid it. it usually ends up messy.
Youll find most people on this site will actually say this same thing to people who link honda forums here.
because we know it just starts forum wars.
my aplogize on the link. was just trying to see what people thought on how well this 2.2 kept up with the si. wasnt looking for flaming, just wondering from some of the si owners how a 2.2 could keep up(wasnt trying to stir the pot). was just looking for some factual answers(such as bogging or how much short shifting would have effected this outcome.

can i have your for car. staight up for my ex
Old 04-30-2007, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by 06Si
Come race me...he didn't know how to drive or you're just full of B.S. My stock whp is 15 more than yours at the crank. Car weight is the same. He shifted WAY early. The Si will redline at 82 mph in 3rd, 114 in 4th. 6th gear never comes into play because it's useless for any gains because of the gear ratio and much less torque. Come back with a S/C coupe and you will have a very good chance....here's what it will look like with an Si and a S/C coupe....go park that 2.2 cause I call B.S.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tgvAUX8DliY
Umm and how do you figure that he was short shifting then because those are roughly if not slightly less then the MPH's that I shift my 2.2L at. Of course as far as I know Im the only 2.2L guy who has broken into the high high 9's in teh 8th and 15.1's in teh 1/4.

1st gear - 20mph
2nd gear - 60mph
3rd gear - 89mph
4th gear - 124mph(Damn governor)\

And you always hear about 2.2's losing power after 4600rpm but with the full air flow bolt on package and good fuel these 2.2 motors will make power up to around 5800 or so. Just need the damn tuneing and I guarantee I can break into a 14.9 or so.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:18 PM

I think he was guessing based on what the OP said, his shift points sounded much lower than yours

Quick Reply: 2.2 vs Civic Si OMG RESULTS ARE SHOCKING