War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

2.4 SS Sedan VS Civic SI sedan

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by g5mike
This flaming is getting out of hand,when a member wins a race some come on this site only to flame and not support,its getting old and this is said to be one of the main reasons why members have left the site not to come back....its a shame!!!
Qft! Very good post.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the SI isn't a much faster car... get over it... and some people on here have ran 15.2 or so on a fully stock 2.4..... there was a thread about it awhile ago with proof and all, and this was with something like a 2.3 60'

I know i'm gonna magazine race here but i think every place i saw a 1.4 time for the new si's they were 15.3 with the lowest being 15.0 now i know that places have quoted the 2.4 running 15.7 and even down to a 15.3, but I hate to tell you thats not a HUGE difference... yes bolt on and F/i ones are very fast i don't think anyone will deny that, but come on...lets be real it's a drivers race... and considering there are so many more people out there who own the Si it's going to be easier to find young hotshot shitty drivers... so finding one kid who thinks his Si will walk the **** out of you and shifts slower then molasses uphill in the winter isn't that hard.. but driver error or not if the person decides to race you then they lost... really SHO what do you contribute here but stirring up trouble?

and news flash it's also easier to launch a car with less low end torque... look at ss/scs if they actually could get decent traction they would be consistently 14.1 cars stock hell some people on here have ran in the high 13s with just traction and light cooling mods...

grats on the death and finding a Si owner who's not a douche, i still kinda find it funny that he used his nawz cuz he was scared lol, but lets be honest i think everyone would've in that situation lol
Old 11-14-2007, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by elecblue06
i still kinda find it funny that he used his nawz cuz he was scared lol, but lets be honest i think everyone would've in that situation lol
Heh, I wouldn't waste the money I'd just follow Jack and stare at his car..
Old 11-14-2007, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by BradSi
Heh, I wouldn't waste the money I'd just follow Jack and stare at his car..
LOL envy is a hell of a drug... or was that cocaine? lol
Old 11-14-2007, 12:45 PM

the SI isn't a much faster car... get over it... and some people on here have ran 15.2 or so on a fully stock 2.4..... there was a thread about it awhile ago with proof and all, and this was with something like a 2.3 60'

I know i'm gonna magazine race here but i think every place i saw a 1.4 time for the new si's they were 15.3 with the lowest being 15.0 now i know that places have quoted the 2.4 running 15.7 and even down to a 15.3, but I hate to tell you thats not a HUGE difference... yes bolt on and F/i ones are very fast i don't think anyone will deny that, but come on...lets be real it's a drivers race... and considering there are so many more people out there who own the Si it's going to be easier to find young hotshot shitty drivers... so finding one kid who thinks his Si will walk the **** out of you and shifts slower then molasses uphill in the winter isn't that hard.. but driver error or not if the person decides to race you then they lost... really SHO what do you contribute here but stirring up trouble?

and news flash it's also easier to launch a car with less low end torque... look at ss/scs if they actually could get decent traction they would be consistently 14.1 cars stock hell some people on here have ran in the high 13s with just traction and light cooling mods...

grats on the death and finding a Si owner who's not a douche, i still kinda find it funny that he used his nawz cuz he was scared lol, but lets be honest i think everyone would've in that situation lol
i totally agree with u...end of story...and agree with u mike..also let me know when u need that tune bro..lol
Old 11-14-2007, 12:47 PM

LOL envy is a hell of a drug... or was that cocaine? lol
Tell me about it... Being on a cobalt forum and seeing all these sweet rides. Also doesn't help that my best friend owns a ss/sc which I showed him and he fell in love with.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by iLLmaTic3s
i totally agree with u...end of story...and agree with u mike..also let me know when u need that tune bro..lol
thing is i like the new Si .. i thought about buying one .. and i like the mugen Si too the newer hondas look awesome. but honestly it's numbers don't impress me with what it's putting out... yes a 200 BHP N/a 2.0 liter is pretty impressive but they don't run much better then a 2.4 stock wise...

as far as the tune. we're thinkign about doing a track meet sometime soon if you want to come .. i can do a pre tune and post tune run lol
Old 11-15-2007, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by iLLmaTic3s
While I too agree it woould seem that Slow Sho knows best. Alas there is no point argueing with him for he IS the all knowing God of the automotive world and we meer mortals should fear and respect and listen to him and his almighty GTO *cough, cough Corolla* as he sees all and knows all.

Yeeeeeaaaaaaah RIGHT!

Anyway my mods include the GMPP intake that I modded further by opening the intake tube bigger and straighter, B&M shift +, and a custom lower mount to stop the engine rocking when it shifts and a used CA header. Not much I know but every little bit helps. My cat back is on order and should be here next Monday.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Jimmys2007CobaltSS/C
Can u hear NOS?
No theres nothing to hear persay. someone who knows nitrous though can tell if a car is sprayed or not by the way it sounds when the car is reved up. but this takes years of being around them.