War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

2.4SS VS. V6 Tiburon

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by USMCFieldMP
What about the Tibby GT-T? A Friend... an EX-friend of mine and my Girlfriends has one. Says she would take me easy... Stock... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Says my car is too puffy... her's is more sporty... low to the ground.. I said, Yeah... well my Supercharger pushes a pretty puffy 12.5psi (15 now!!!). Anyways... I've tried looking up this GT-T... and am finding nothing... does anybody know anything about them? Are they special in some way? I'm sure it is probably the same V6 170 something hp motor like all. Just curious.
This is the first I've heard of a GT-T...
Old 09-08-2006, 11:14 AM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 410 Likes on 352 Posts
Originally Posted by celicacobalt
when i see GT-T that means to me that is a normal gt with a turbo
That's what I thought at first... but i can't find it ANYWHERE online. and I'm pretty sure it's not
Old 09-08-2006, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by USMCFieldMP
That's what I thought at first... but i can't find it ANYWHERE online. and I'm pretty sure it's not
Well when I type in Hyundai Tiburon GT-T @ google, it brings up some sort of rally car. I believe there's a Tiburon CONCEPT for 07 that has the same 2.7 V6 with a blower. I think she's full of ****. Unless she added a turbo, and also added the T on the end of GT to mean turbo...?
Old 09-08-2006, 12:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by phlash
no kidding.......hello magnason moss of 1982
magnason-moss was to protect people using aftermarket parts of the same spec. in other words, air filters, oil filters, spark plugs, gaskits, etc. it was NOT meant to require dealers to warranty hop-up parts. most dealers are pretty accepting of light mods but if you throw a CEL and its because of a defective MAF... don't expect the dealer to NOT blame the intake.

when I worked for one of my dealers a kid tried that when his spec V was tossing CELs... turns out both his o2 s were toast as was the wiring harness for them. he claimed magnason moss and we laughed him out of the shop.

okay, end hijack
Old 09-08-2006, 02:17 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 410 Likes on 352 Posts
Originally Posted by 1SloBowtie
Well when I type in Hyundai Tiburon GT-T @ google, it brings up some sort of rally car. I believe there's a Tiburon CONCEPT for 07 that has the same 2.7 V6 with a blower. I think she's full of ****. Unless she added a turbo, and also added the T on the end of GT to mean turbo...?
Her's is a few years old... at least the 04 model and it is the GT-T... I've seen it. And it's all stock, NOTHING aftermarket... not even CAI... she's not the modding type. I've heard it before... exhaust is deep... but it's not a turbo sounding exhaust. I dunno... I'll still whoop it anyways... I've had a ride in it. Maybe my eyes decieve me and it's just GT... I'll do some snooping.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:09 PM

if the exhaust is deep, its not stock at all.....tibs sound pretty crappy with H/E trust me I know i have heard enough 4's and 6's with those mods to know, plus i have them myself.

As far as the GT-T it doesnt exist, unless its an aftermarket turbo, thats not a trim you can order, unless some dealer ordered, installed, and switched the badges out before selling it and jakcing up the price
Old 09-11-2006, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by 1SloBowtie
Stock vs stock they're both very competitive.

Cobalt Curb weight- 2991 171hp/163tq (edmunds.com)

Tib V6 Curb weight- 2969 172hp/181tq (edmunds.com)

Edge to the Tib. Not to mention just a CAI on a V6 Tib adds 15whp.

Good kill
No way!

Ahh, a 2.4L SS coupe weighs 2815 lbs sir! The Chevy wesite is wrong (which is where Edmunds got that info from). GM Canada has the right info. I know a 2.4L owner who weighed himself in his car and once you take out the driver weight, it was the same as the GM Canada numbers. So I know they are solid. Edmunds is full of **** too. They don't know the difference between an oil filter and a coffee can!

http://www.gmcanada.com/english/vehi.../coba_opti.jsp

The 2.4L SS has the advantage in terms of power-to-weight ratio!
Old 09-11-2006, 11:25 PM

You have to figure in type of transmission, gearing, and driving expertise
Old 09-12-2006, 01:31 PM

i personally love the tibourons. my friend has a GTV6, i love riding in that thing. i like the interior and the way the car looks in general. hoenstly hundai has come a long way from back in the day. i'm not saying it's a ferrari at all. it's not fast at all i know that. he doesnt stand even a fraction of a chance against me. i dont think hyundai has the technology to make a fast get yet. however they are getting better as the days go by.

before i got my car i was honestly looking to get a tibouron.

guess i should get ready for the flaming on me now >< lol
Old 09-12-2006, 02:27 PM
GTP

Originally Posted by phlash
You have to figure in type of transmission, gearing, and driving expertise
Agreed...I'll amend that a little further and say "driver ability" has alot to do with anything. I have a buddy (that I did track days and scca events with) who had a V6 tibby with a rear sway bar and upgraded tires and of course brake pads and fluid to haul down that fat Tibby butt...but we used to laugh like children running down modded cars on the track. Those cars can move.

I am still waiting to unleash the Cobalt on a track day...but i anticipate good things.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:55 PM

are the tibs the fastest cars in the world? NO, do they look good? yes, are they decently quick? Mine is, and thats why I love it, good looks, good price, and good enough for the girls I go out with
Old 09-12-2006, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by mi6_
No way!

Ahh, a 2.4L SS coupe weighs 2815 lbs sir! The Chevy wesite is wrong (which is where Edmunds got that info from). GM Canada has the right info. I know a 2.4L owner who weighed himself in his car and once you take out the driver weight, it was the same as the GM Canada numbers. So I know they are solid. Edmunds is full of **** too. They don't know the difference between an oil filter and a coffee can!

http://www.gmcanada.com/english/vehi.../coba_opti.jsp

The 2.4L SS has the advantage in terms of power-to-weight ratio!
Being that the Tib has another 18 lbs of Tq, I think it'd get it off the line just as quick as an SS. Regardless, it's still a close race.