War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

2006 1.8L Civic

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 12:30 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kohl
Come on WS6. I really aint trying to fight. Am I not entitled an opinion? Sure I'm opinionated but I try to keep it under wraps most the time.
Sorry, though you were pulling a 280Z and trying to hijack the thread with your opinion.

I still disagree, but if thats how you really feel, then no prob
Old 05-22-2006, 12:33 AM

As long as you aren't making your car out to be something that it isn't, race whatever the heck you want. Who cares whether it runs 9's or 17's. Beat your old time, or beat your buddy. It's all for fun anyway.

I agree with your general idea of keeping the fanboys grounded, 280, but this is ridiculous. Whoever wants to race can race. It's just for fun and competition. If you want to keep all the 15-second cars out, build you're own track.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:51 AM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by jokieman
Yeah? Mustang and vette owners might say the same about your 14 second car.
What kind of Mustangs have you been racing? I have beat almost every mustang that I have come across. GTs, Saleens, and a Bullet. And I'm not too far behind the C5 vettes from a slow roll.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 03gobluecobra
wait, so you are sick of people talking crap about honda's because they are slow, but you are making fun of people for racing 15 second cars? Shouldn't that mean you should make fun of people for racing honda's then? That is exactly why they all get made fun of. That, and they are always talking smack so they deserve to get it back.
Thank you for making that wonderful statement. I guarantee you there are more hondas in the 10s then there are 03/04 cobras and for a lot less money spent. I am making fun of people that buy high 15/low 16 second cars put an exhaust and intake on their car to run low 15s and then go "racing" track or street . What I did was buy a POS 280z for 700 dollars swapped motors 200 dollars, swapped trannies another 100 dollars and bargained with another z guy for a nitrous kit and slicks. 13 second car for under 1000 dollars, I never even dreamed of racing that car stock, it was boring(to me and most people) to even go that slow. I am totally and all for people starting somewhere, but come on there has to be a right way and a wrong way. Hell there was a lady here Lincoln Mark VIII w/ the 32v motor (pretty fast stock, for its size) she put a nitrous kit on her car and ran low 14s on street tires. It is not that hard to make a Cobalt (any model/SS-SC's already are) somewhat quick. So instead of going out to the track or street, racing and wasting your's and other people's time, money, gas and somewhat embarassing yourself, do like someone else said, stay home and either save up for a faster car or save up for some legitimate mods. Like MOST people have done for the past 60+ years.

I will be honest I was like most of you guys when I was 16, thought it was cool to see my friend's civic and cavalier race. Then I started noticing it was the slow cars always getting pulled over, always crashing during "street races", and I also noticed that Lincoln Mark VIII like the one I mentioned above could flat out embarass those cars. All I am trying to teach you guys is what I have already been taught by people much older and wiser then me that have been street and track racing twice as long as I have been alive.

Someone will say there has always been 15 second cars that have raced at the street and track and it used to be OK. The difference being there was only a FEW of them then, now there are tons of them everywhere "racing", causing accidents, RUINING REAL STREET RACING.

I have some other points that I could make about roll "racing" and such, but this is pretty long... if you still have a problem, disagree, or would like to discuss further anything I have said, feel free to PM me.

PS... 98WS6, I mean Wesman, please stop stalking my posts and PMing me. I am sorry you drive a Cavalier and that you pretend to own a WS6. I promise you it will all be okay once you move out of your mom and dad's basement.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by 280Z1977
Thank you for making that wonderful statement. I guarantee you there are more hondas in the 10s then there are 03/04 cobras and for a lot less money spent. I am making fun of people that buy high 15/low 16 second cars put an exhaust and intake on their car to run low 15s and then go "racing" track or street . What I did was buy a POS 280z for 700 dollars swapped motors 200 dollars, swapped trannies another 100 dollars and bargained with another z guy for a nitrous kit and slicks. 13 second car for under 1000 dollars, I never even dreamed of racing that car stock, it was boring(to me and most people) to even go that slow. I am totally and all for people starting somewhere, but come on there has to be a right way and a wrong way. Hell there was a lady here Lincoln Mark VIII w/ the 32v motor (pretty fast stock, for its size) she put a nitrous kit on her car and ran low 14s on street tires. It is not that hard to make a Cobalt (any model/SS-SC's already are) somewhat quick. So instead of going out to the track or street, racing and wasting your's and other people's time, money, gas and somewhat embarassing yourself, do like someone else said, stay home and either save up for a faster car or save up for some legitimate mods. Like MOST people have done for the past 60+ years.

I will be honest I was like most of you guys when I was 16, thought it was cool to see my friend's civic and cavalier race. Then I started noticing it was the slow cars always getting pulled over, always crashing during "street races", and I also noticed that Lincoln Mark VIII like the one I mentioned above could flat out embarass those cars. All I am trying to teach you guys is what I have already been taught by people much older and wiser then me that have been street and track racing twice as long as I have been alive.

Someone will say there has always been 15 second cars that have raced at the street and track and it used to be OK. The difference being there was only a FEW of them then, now there are tons of them everywhere "racing", causing accidents, RUINING REAL STREET RACING.

I have some other points that I could make about roll "racing" and such, but this is pretty long... if you still have a problem, disagree, or would like to discuss further anything I have said, feel free to PM me.

PS... 98WS6, I mean Wesman, please stop stalking my posts and PMing me. I am sorry you drive a Cavalier and that you pretend to own a WS6. I promise you it will all be okay once you move out of your mom and dad's basement.
They way you present your point makes you sound like an ASS.
Its really sad when you have nothing better to do then bash some kid with a base car, big deal dont post just shut up and let him have fun.
I mean seriosly take a lude your going to pop a blood vessel.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by BlilBT
I Believe the cobalt should take it easily , So No Worries!!

As Far As Putting down another Man's Ride is not cool.
Every1 has different taste.
Every1 has different budgets!!
Every1 has their 1st Car.
AND LAST IS: NOBODY STARTS AT THE TOP> Unless Mom & Dad R Rich!!
So that being said if you R better.. Show peps how to improve instead of showing them wat an ass you can be.
well said......whenever i see similar post im gonna quote this
Old 05-22-2006, 04:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gory
They way you present your point makes you sound like an ASS.
Its really sad when you have nothing better to do then bash some kid with a base car, big deal dont post just shut up and let him have fun.
I mean seriosly take a lude your going to pop a blood vessel.
You act like I have anxiety about slow cars racing. Maybe when I first see them line up I get like this , but by time they are done, since it takes so long I am perfectly fine.

Let me put it this way, how do most kids learn not to do something? Their parents punish or scold them when they do something wrong. Now I am not saying I am your's or anybody's parents, but this is how I learned the rights and wrongs and ins and outs of drag racing. I use to think ALL of the older guys were ********, because they talked just like me, actually worse. They even handed out threats to young punks that would not listen to anybody. Back when I didn't race my slow Datsun I still was part of the scene, I use to stick up for the guys my age, saying 'we are just having fun and telling the old guys to stop being "ASSES"', but at the same time I was building my car up. After it was done and once I actually started racing, I realized everything that the old guys were saying was true about kids my age and slow cars "racing" and that they were just trying to look out for us young guys and show us the right things to do and wrong things to do, like I am sure someone showed them when they were younger.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by sethallen
someone please this thread....my IQ dropped by 15 points by reading all of these bullshit comments. if all you're gonna do is talk **** then stay off the forum
MY IQ's dropd 30 poynts sinse I started reeding all uv this.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:02 AM

Wow, there are more civics in the 10's than cobras? For less money maybe, because the car all around is cheap and old. There aren't less civics in the 10's than mustangs. And not for less than 5.0 mustangs that's for sure.

In terms of mod money, a cobra really only needs a kenne belle blower (~$3000) or some nitrous to go 10's, along with a few supporting mods, such as tires, air filter, and exhaust. I don't think you can get a civic in the 10's with less than $3000 in mods.

In fact, I have yet to see a civic in the 11's, and I go to the track twice a month. And I usually see a handful of cobra's in the 10's each time I go. Of course cali is pretty much ricer city so that might be why you see all those hondas.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by tomt5078
So what is this, usual import torque you speak of ?

280 Is right if your car is slower then 15 second, stay home save money and get faster

It looks like 98WS6 is trolling, all 4 of your post are in this thread!! Has to make you wonder!!
He's new, I'm thinking Wesman again!?
Old 05-22-2006, 09:48 AM

Wow, there are more civics in the 10's than cobras? For less money maybe, because the car all around is cheap and old. There aren't less civics in the 10's than mustangs. And not for less than 5.0 mustangs that's for sure.

In terms of mod money, a cobra really only needs a kenne belle blower (~$3000) or some nitrous to go 10's, along with a few supporting mods, such as tires, air filter, and exhaust. I don't think you can get a civic in the 10's with less than $3000 in mods.

In fact, I have yet to see a civic in the 11's, and I go to the track twice a month. And I usually see a handful of cobra's in the 10's each time I go. Of course cali is pretty much ricer city so that might be why you see all those hondas.

For 3000 alone you can buy a civics and the mods in be in the 10's it's not that hard. I wouldn't do it, but it can be done if you do the work yourself!
Old 05-22-2006, 09:57 AM

280 i have seen you on the forums a lot and thought a lot of your comments were good but i can honestly just say your being a bitch to this guy now. Hes probably a nice guy who cant get the ss/sc for some reason or another. I was hit and wrongfully blamed for the accident and totalled my ss/sc, and now i am forced to drive the 2.2 for insurance reasons. Do i race my car? No, I would not take it to the track but if im a light with someone who wanted to run i would run for fun, most likely no matter what vehicle Im in. Street racing and car clubs and such were made for fun and for friendly association with people, not what you are doing. Is the 2.2 liter a slow car? Yes, it is not fast at all but for what it is its not bad. 14 second cars are also nothing when i go to the track with my dad and he runs 12.3 in his car with me in it. The main point of this spiel is to not insult the guy, he should get just as much respect on this forum as you and actually has more of a right to be on here than you figuring he drives a cobalt and this is a cobalt forum, even though everyone is welcome. On a last note, your car may be faster,m but his is also new and more reliable. I have no personal problem against you, but all Im saying is dont call the guy out or make fun of him for racing 15 second cars, everyone starts somewhere. As for him going to the track, since you have so much money to run in your fast 14 scond car, build your own track and only allow in who you want. Until that time, everyone will still be welcome and allowed just as much to go there as you. Im pretty sure people like my dad are saying the same thing about you, why do these slow ricers take up all the track time>?
Old 05-22-2006, 10:04 AM

Lock This Thread!!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2006, 10:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bluechevyss05
280 i have seen you on the forums a lot and thought a lot of your comments were good but i can honestly just say your being a bitch to this guy now. Hes probably a nice guy who cant get the ss/sc for some reason or another. I was hit and wrongfully blamed for the accident and totalled my ss/sc, and now i am forced to drive the 2.2 for insurance reasons. Do i race my car? No, I would not take it to the track but if im a light with someone who wanted to run i would run for fun, most likely no matter what vehicle Im in. Street racing and car clubs and such were made for fun and for friendly association with people, not what you are doing. Is the 2.2 liter a slow car? Yes, it is not fast at all but for what it is its not bad. 14 second cars are also nothing when i go to the track with my dad and he runs 12.3 in his car with me in it. The main point of this spiel is to not insult the guy, he should get just as much respect on this forum as you and actually has more of a right to be on here than you figuring he drives a cobalt and this is a cobalt forum, even though everyone is welcome. On a last note, your car may be faster,m but his is also new and more reliable. I have no personal problem against you, but all Im saying is dont call the guy out or make fun of him for racing 15 second cars, everyone starts somewhere. As for him going to the track, since you have so much money to run in your fast 14 scond car, build your own track and only allow in who you want. Until that time, everyone will still be welcome and allowed just as much to go there as you. Im pretty sure people like my dad are saying the same thing about you, why do these slow ricers take up all the track time>?
I own more then one car.
Like I said though there is a right way and a wrong way of doing things. One of the wrong ways is up above. Another is talking **** about other slow cars, which is the whole reason I started posting in this thread.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:53 AM
Banned

So you consider a Civic that runs 10s RICE??? Dang, I thought you were more open-minded then that. Locally we have two 9 second Civics, a coupe and a hatch, that are sometimes daily driven- minus the parachutes and "wheelie" bars. They are the main reason I respect all cars, because it really isn't that hard to make a Honda FAST and there are TONS of FAST Hondas.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:21 AM

Do you watch the show pinks? How did the only two honda's do that were on that show? Both were basically stripped out race cars, and lost bad. Both needed head starts of 20 car lengths to beat a mustang or camaro. And the one civic broke.

I know 2 guys that are running 9's in civics, or they at least claim they do. They both bought their cars at a junkyard, and in total it cost them both over $40,000 each to go that fast.

There may be fast honda's around you, but not here.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:26 AM
Banned

Do you watch the show pinks? How did the only two honda's do that were on that show? Both were basically stripped out race cars, and lost bad. Both needed head starts of 20 car lengths to beat a mustang or camaro. And the one civic broke.

I know 2 guys that are running 9's in civics, or they at least claim they do. They both bought their cars at a junkyard, and in total it cost them both over $40,000 each to go that fast.

There may be fast honda's around you, but not here.
Pinks is a joke. 40k for a 9 second civic, either they are BSing about how much they spent or they have no clue how to spend their money.

Both civics on pinks were driven by tards.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:51 AM

lol, this is getting good
Old 05-22-2006, 12:26 PM

no, they weren't bs'ing about how much money they spent. They were upset that it cost that much. It needed basically a race built engine, fuel system, parachute, roll cage, racing seats, heavy duty transmission, heavy duty drive train, all new suspension, chassis reinforcement, tuning, motor work from an engine builder, big turbo system, wheels and tires, and lots of little things. It adds up quicker than you would think. Plus it's not like they could do all that work themselves, some things they needed a shop to do. And considering civics are notorious for breaking things, I'm sure a few things had to be done twice.

I agree, the guys driving civics on pinks were tards. Unfortunately, they are a pretty typical representation of civic drivers around here. Thankfully not all honda owners are like that, but it seems honda gets more than it's fair share of those drivers.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by tomt5078
For 3000 alone you can buy a civics and the mods in be in the 10's it's not that hard. I wouldn't do it, but it can be done if you do the work yourself!
I have a feeling that a boatload of those 10 second Civics will be at Da Grove on Sunday?! This is how I will be when I get stuck racing one! I love the look on a Stang owners face after he was raped by a "riced out Civic"! You could say it's priceless!

Last edited by SS4ME; 05-22-2006 at 04:06 PM.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:12 PM

Well honda this 280z that the guy was asking how his car would do aginst another car and it turned into this giant flame thread.
My point is dont bash anyones car especialy a cobalt guy asking a legit question on a cobalt forum.
Just because his car goes 15s and dosnt have the best breaks in the world as if that matters, dosn't give anyone the right to just flame him.
We should apreciate all the cars out there. Shure some are beter than others but thats not what matters its all about the fun factor.
For instance my first vehicle was a 91 S10 blazer I was lucky if I would hit 11s on the 1/8 mile lol but I would beat some honda cars some times, and lose other times but I had fun doing it.
Now I race my bird and it hits low 11s on the 1/4 but I still have fun going to the local 1/8 mile track and doing some handycap racing just for fun.
So lets remember that there is alwase a faster car out there and have fun with what we can afford.
P.S. I do not condone street racing in any way there are enuff tracks around that its not worth the risk police/death......
Old 05-22-2006, 03:39 PM
Banned

no, they weren't bs'ing about how much money they spent. They were upset that it cost that much. It needed basically a race built engine, fuel system, parachute, roll cage, racing seats, heavy duty transmission, heavy duty drive train, all new suspension, chassis reinforcement, tuning, motor work from an engine builder, big turbo system, wheels and tires, and lots of little things. It adds up quicker than you would think. Plus it's not like they could do all that work themselves, some things they needed a shop to do. And considering civics are notorious for breaking things, I'm sure a few things had to be done twice.

I agree, the guys driving civics on pinks were tards. Unfortunately, they are a pretty typical representation of civic drivers around here. Thankfully not all honda owners are like that, but it seems honda gets more than it's fair share of those drivers.
Heavy duty drive train and heavy duty transmission is where they wasted A LOT of money. It is cheaper and more efficient to keep using the stock components from a GSR until they break.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:53 PM
360 L337 User

Most people could care less about 15-16 second cars racing. So the same could be said about your Cobalt not being worth racing.

BANNED!!! sidebusting ***. it was your rule, so stop doing it.

Anyway. I have a buddy with one, and it seems really slow. Not sure since I have the 2.0 but he is way far back.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by R33P3R007
BANNED!!! sidebusting ***. it was your rule, so stop doing it.

Anyway. I have a buddy with one, and it seems really slow. Not sure since I have the 2.0 but he is way far back.
Umm, didn't you just get back from a "BANNED" vacation yourself!
Old 05-22-2006, 04:04 PM

Pinks is a joke. 40k for a 9 second civic, either they are BSing about how much they spent or they have no clue how to spend their money.

Both civics on pinks were driven by tards.
Is it just me or is the pinks host one the most annoying f#$kers on this planet?!

Quick Reply: 2006 1.8L Civic