War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

The 350z?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guy's here's a link to Dragtimes with 1/4 mile times on the 350Z. The number with the # symbol indicate a stock time but as alway's be aware that it's pretty easy to cheat on your times- here and at Dragtimes.
http://www.dragtimes.com/Nissan--350...l?resultpage=2
Old 09-20-2006, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by SS4ME
Hey Shaner. This is off topic but you have the fastest 2.2L out there but I see no slips with your pics. and I would think with that kind of time you would have proof! Why are you not on the official list for modded 2.2s? I would also like proof of any 350z running better then 13.5 stock.
a. i dont have a scanner, b. several people saw me run and seen my slip... im gng to run this friday again and ciaz.net most of the members are going to be there.. ty that is why... i will post exactly what the slip says if you like...
Old 09-20-2006, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by codyss
After reading your last three posts I have come to the conclusion that you are an idiot.

Sorry but stock a 350Z doen't come close to having mid 13 second potential. PERIOD

And Stock SS/SC vs Stock 350Z is a drivers race from a dig and a winn for the SS/SC from a roll.
you are very smart are you.... talking **** to me... what are you 12, im just stating the fact that there are faster cars , you need to grow up....graduate middle school before you talk **** to me
Old 09-20-2006, 06:43 PM

do i hear crickets.......
Old 09-20-2006, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by sshaner
a. i dont have a scanner, b. several people saw me run and seen my slip... im gng to run this friday again and ciaz.net most of the members are going to be there.. ty that is why... i will post exactly what the slip says if you like...
Take a snap shot with your camera and then stick it in your image gallery. You have many shots of your car, now get one of your slip if you can. That's how I got mine on this site. You need to be #1 on the list of modded 2.2s.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:02 PM

k whats your email my computer isnt letting me upload files, i have a pic on my phone ill emial it to you and let you post deal?
Old 09-20-2006, 07:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sshaner
k whats your email my computer isnt letting me upload files, i have a pic on my phone ill emial it to you and let you post deal?

To the poster, I would think you should still win, but don't take it lightly.....

To sshaner, you can upload the pics to cobaltss. net, and then PM it to me, or you can e-mail it to me.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Bad06SS
To the poster, I would think you should still win, but don't take it lightly.....

To sshaner, you can upload the pics to cobaltss. net, and then PM it to me, or you can e-mail it to me.
whats your email
Old 09-20-2006, 07:32 PM
Banned

After reading your last three posts I have come to the conclusion that you are an idiot.

Sorry but stock a 350Z doen't come close to having mid 13 second potential. PERIOD

And Stock SS/SC vs Stock 350Z is a drivers race from a dig and a winn for the SS/SC from a roll.
Mid 13 second potential....
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ecs_price.html

Come on Cody, why do you always resort to the name calling?

sshaner is right, some 350z's have ran 13.5 stock.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dude ur dealin wit the same **** i m some 350z keeps botherin me too and i hate the kid and this is his exact words "I can beat every cobalt in this world b/c all cobalts r slow" now i dont think thats true at all which he has a cai and thats it
Old 09-20-2006, 08:00 PM

I agree with SSHANER the 350Z is a way better car.
Come on just look at the price tag, they are a hell of alot more then the SS/SC
they arn't even in the same catagory of car.
But to allyou guys getting called out by 350Z's you should ask the guy
why he has to make himself feel good causehis more expensive and powerful car can beat our econo tuner buckets.
Maybe they are calling you guys out because they are crappy drivers so they feel they have to pickon the FWD tuners because they can't hang with the true SPORTS CARS that are in their price range.
And I have smoked a couple of 350Z's and G35 coupes.
I'm not saying my car is almighty fast but on the street you never know
most around here are old men who think they can beat me without trying because they smoke all the riced out Civic's.
Then they are mighty surprised when about 5 seconds after the light they are getting passed.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by IROC R/T
from what I see the 350Z is a mid 14 second car stock and should be a pretty good race for the Cobalt. Watch out for the ones with the turbo kit as I have seen these run in the high 11's.

you're smokin dope!
Old 09-20-2006, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Blububble
you're smokin dope!
they can run in the 11's
Old 09-20-2006, 08:34 PM

you're on dope! ever driven a 350z? probably not, bet either way you're wrong. dead wrong.
oh no worries though.... i'll prove that this weekend. i have both sitting outside right now.

best time i have seen in any mag was 13.7 for the 350. mostly are between 13.9 and 14.2.
my best 13.9 @102ish. no mods, not one. and i am no pro at launching.
i guess you can call .5 seconds a drivers race if you want to. i dont but thats just me.
if i find that the cobalt is as quick as you are saying, and can take my Z from a roll like was said here by the pot smoker, i will come back and personally kiss everyone asss here. Then in my sig, of which i have none here, will state..."My Z got whooped by a 4 cylinder Cobalt" or whatever you deem necessary.
i like the Cobalt so far, but i got to be honest, it just doesnt have the juice to stay with the Z. Maybe it's the 87 octane gas they put in it. its getting 93 tonight.

It's on like donkey kong!!!!! i'll get video if i can. and i can. so i will.

i didnt read the rest of this topic. i stopped at this guys post because beer squirter outta my nose when i read it.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:36 PM

you're smokin dope!
I don't know what part your talking about but on more than one occassion I have seen 350Z's do no better than 14.5 all day long. There are two silver ones at my local track with turbo's that run in the high 11's and they usually beat me. This is all fact. The only part I really don't know about first hand are the supercharged Cobalts( this is why I am hanging out here to learn). All the info I come up with on the web is that the Cobalt is a mid 14 second car- thus this is how I determined it would be a good race. You could make an arguement for either car- the Cobalt in question has some performance mods that should help but some of these mods don't seem to help much from what I have read and been told from others that own these cars. The 350Z has been known to run in the 13's stock sometimes but then again I saw one run more low 15's than high 14's stock. All in all I think it would be a good race- surely one car is not going to beat the other one by more than half a dozen car length's.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:58 PM

you're on dope! ever driven a 350z? probably not, bet either way you're wrong. dead wrong.
oh no worries though.... i'll prove that this weekend. i have both sitting outside right now.

best time i have seen in any mag was 13.7 for the 350. mostly are between 13.9 and 14.2.
i guess you can call .5 seconds a drivers race if you want to. i dont but thats just me.
if i find that the cobalt is as quick as you are saying, and can take my Z from a roll like was said here by the pot smoker, i will come back and personally kiss everyone asss here. Then in my sig, of which i have none here, will state..."My Z got whooped by a 4 cylinder Cobalt" or whatever you deem necessary.
i like the Cobalt so far, but i got to be honest, it just doesnt have the juice to stay with the Z. Maybe it's the 87 octane gas they put in it. its getting 93 tonight.

i didnt read the rest of this topic. i stopped at this guys post because beer squirter outta my nose when i read it.
I have a bunch of Cobalts that are as quick or quicker then you.

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/drag-racing-52/official-cobalt-1-4-mile-list-28685/

You may have some problems taking a Stg2 Balt from a roll. Best to stick with racing from a dig because that would most likely give you a victory. Now if you raced any Cobalts with mods like the Top 10 Modded SS/SC's, you may want to get some modifications done.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:22 PM

Then you might want to have a chat with the two owners of the Z's I've beaten. And while you're at it, talk to the three G35 coupe owners I have beaten as well.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:33 PM

I raced one and was losing by a car both of us we're bone stock, from a roll stop no matter what lost by a car but he was auto.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by phxSS
Then you might want to have a chat with the two owners of the Z's I've beaten. And while you're at it, talk to the three G35 coupe owners I have beaten as well.
Wow 5 cars, out of the hundreds of thousands out there.

Fellow SS/SC owners please stop ignoring facts.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:40 PM

Will a mod lock this thread?

I didn't mean for this to be a pissing contest. Was looking for people who had actually raced their SS/SC against a 350z.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:02 PM
I'm old school

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You didn't mean for it to be a pissing contest? You started a thread OVER a pissing contest! What did you expect. I am going to lock it, because it should be locked. But don't come to me anymore to fix your problems. Very immature.