War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

350z on the highway

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 01:45 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
350z on the highway

Using cruise control going back up to college, cruising at 75 and a 350z goes past me pretty quick. I up it to 80 and follow for a long time, he sees me and slows down. I creep up to his door and he floors it right away....i stay back because he is driving like a ricer. He slows back down and i honk 3 times and go, he doesn't understand the 3 honk concept so i get a big jump. I slow down right away and he gets next to me again. I honk it off from 80mph, i'm in 3rd. I pull 2 cars by the end of 3rd, when i shift to 4th he starts creeping up slowly. I shut it down at around 110 and he's a carlength back. Looked pretty much stock, and it was manual. It wasn't the newest generation. My mods are stage 2, 2.99, downpipe, and intake complete with p0171.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool. Ya, I beat G35's (stock) from both rolls and digs... not by an assload, but a win is a win
Old 01-30-2008, 02:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good kill. I have always wanted to race one and now i know i have a chance.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:22 PM

hmmm...then with my mods i should be able to beat a g35

...which is my dream car...

...which means my life is basically over ...
Old 01-30-2008, 03:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lol. Thanks for the good info. My younger brother is getting a 350Z. Good race too!
Old 01-30-2008, 03:24 PM

nice kill, those cars get mean once they are modded (twin turbo kit omg 400+ RWHP!!!) nice kill tho!
Old 01-30-2008, 05:51 PM

thats about right. i had a few more mods than you and my results were about that, but i never took a street race into 4th (only once vs an srt-4, cause we were tied at the end of third)
Old 01-30-2008, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by chevysalesman614
thats about right. i had a few more mods than you and my results were about that, but i never took a street race into 4th (only once vs an srt-4, cause we were tied at the end of third)
yeah i kind of regret taking it to 4th since I do not like driving so fast...but i only was in 4th for 2 seconds before i shut it down.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:16 PM

i'm not really telling you you shouldn't (i hope you didnt take it that way).. i was just saying i didn't like doin that
Old 01-31-2008, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by chevysalesman614
i'm not really telling you you shouldn't (i hope you didnt take it that way).. i was just saying i didn't like doin that
yeah i know i didn't take it that way, just raggin on myself since i drove like a *******.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:26 AM

im just stage 2, intake, an exhaust with a custom tune and take em by way more than that. you sure you arent hella lean or intake temps are outrageous
Old 01-31-2008, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by hatrickstu
im just stage 2, intake, an exhaust with a custom tune and take em by way more than that. you sure you arent hella lean or intake temps are outrageous
It could have been modded...
Old 01-31-2008, 12:33 AM

depend's on driver man.. at palmdale i could not lose to ANY g35 or 350z.. **** i even took a newer fairlady Z with atleast 40 more HP factory than a regular at a car meet in long beach along with a more heavily modded RL.. the guy who did the best aginst me( at palmdale) had a sedan g35.. go figure.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:34 AM
Banned

So a ricer that races from a roll calls another person a ricer because of how said ricer drives. Doesn't add up.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by balla
So a ricer that races from a roll calls another person a ricer because of how said ricer drives. Doesn't add up.
do you want me to stop on the freeway next time and race from a dig? He was doing fly-bys beside me...in my opinion that is driving like a ricer.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Hockeyman
do you want me to stop on the freeway next time and race from a dig? He was doing fly-bys beside me...in my opinion that is driving like a ricer.
Yeah, that was what I was suggesting. Either flag him down, stop somewhere, talk, set up a race, with money preferably, FROM A DIG... OR invite him to the track!!
Old 01-31-2008, 01:14 AM

Yeah, that was what I was suggesting. Either flag him down, stop somewhere, talk, set up a race, with money preferably, FROM A DIG... OR invite him to the track!!
Think about what you just said for a second, would you do what you said? Put yourself in my shoes. It's late at night and you have a 3 hour drive ahead of you to college. Blasting music so you will stay wide awake and open freeway in front of you. There aren't any main streets nearby, just a gas station every now and then. The guy in the other car has dark tinted windows and obviously doesn't want to slow down and obviously won't stop to talk. It's 20 degrees so you don't want to roll the windows down and flag him down. He is in a RWD car, he would have a very good chance at winning fron a dig and you (me, really) are a really shitty driver (at least i'm honest). You don't want to be humiliated (which would happen if you drive like me), right? You are also a broke college student, with no cash on you...now would you bet money in this situation?

Now about taking it to the track, I'm with you! Last track season I made quite a few runs at the local strip. Had a load of fun doing it too. Is the track open this time of year? Not mine at least, and it's 2 hours south of where i was at. Would you honestly stop, get the guys number, say i'll race you in 3 months when the track opens up again, and put loads of cash on the line? Why not have a quick little race right here, and that was that.

Notice my previous post was sarcasm, sorry for forgetting the red text. No need for the
Old 01-31-2008, 02:53 AM
Banned

Think about what you just said for a second, would you do what you said? Put yourself in my shoes. It's late at night and you have a 3 hour drive ahead of you to college. Blasting music so you will stay wide awake and open freeway in front of you. There aren't any main streets nearby, just a gas station every now and then. The guy in the other car has dark tinted windows and obviously doesn't want to slow down and obviously won't stop to talk. It's 20 degrees so you don't want to roll the windows down and flag him down. He is in a RWD car, he would have a very good chance at winning fron a dig and you (me, really) are a really shitty driver (at least i'm honest). You don't want to be humiliated (which would happen if you drive like me), right? You are also a broke college student, with no cash on you...now would you bet money in this situation?

Now about taking it to the track, I'm with you! Last track season I made quite a few runs at the local strip. Had a load of fun doing it too. Is the track open this time of year? Not mine at least, and it's 2 hours south of where i was at. Would you honestly stop, get the guys number, say i'll race you in 3 months when the track opens up again, and put loads of cash on the line? Why not have a quick little race right here, and that was that.

Notice my previous post was sarcasm, sorry for forgetting the red text. No need for the
I wouldn't waste my time with a stock or almost stock 350z, my point though is that you went over 100mph for what??? The only reason I see is to be a ricer, just like you accused the 350z owner of being. I always get idiots trying to "run" me on the freeway and our freeways ARE NEVER EMPTY, if I feel it is worth it I try to flag them down, otherwise I just ignore them.

This streetlight, roll rIcing is getting annoying. Either set something up somewhere safe or take it to the track.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:19 AM

I wouldn't waste my time with a stock or almost stock 350z, my point though is that you went over 100mph for what??? The only reason I see is to be a ricer, just like you accused the 350z owner of being. I always get idiots trying to "run" me on the freeway and our freeways ARE NEVER EMPTY, if I feel it is worth it I try to flag them down, otherwise I just ignore them.

This streetlight, roll rIcing is getting annoying. Either set something up somewhere safe or take it to the track.
I understand my car and near stock 350's aren't fast at all, I'm slow and i know it. That is one of the very few times i've actually gone over 100, besides at the track, and i do feel irresponsible about that...but I didn't put anyones lives in danger except my own. I didn't try to "run" the guy, i did follow him from a ways back for a while and he slowed down, did flybys, then paced me. At 2AM, the freeway was empty. In my opinion, a ricer is someone who drives wrecklessly and trying to race at any moment. I most certainly didn't go looking for a challenge, but apparently the Z did...even though i took the bait that does not make someone a ricer, just wanted to see if i could hold my own since i saw one running high 13's at the track a while back.

Have you ever been on a long stretch of public road, and gone past 100? I know it's an irresponsible thing but most people are guilty.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:33 AM
Banned

I understand my car and near stock 350's aren't fast at all, I'm slow and i know it. That is one of the very few times i've actually gone over 100, besides at the track, and i do feel irresponsible about that...but I didn't put anyones lives in danger except my own. I didn't try to "run" the guy, i did follow him from a ways back for a while and he slowed down, did flybys, then paced me. At 2AM, the freeway was empty. In my opinion, a ricer is someone who drives wrecklessly and trying to race at any moment. I most certainly didn't go looking for a challenge, but apparently the Z did...even though i took the bait that does not make someone a ricer, just wanted to see if i could hold my own since i saw one running high 13's at the track a while back.

Have you ever been on a long stretch of public road, and gone past 100? I know it's an irresponsible thing but most people are guilty.
Not calling you slow or trying to insult your car. At 2AM there was you and another guy, so it wasn't empty. How fast did you end up going??? And you don't consider that wreckless??? Myself and I hope many others would respect you more if you let the Z go about his business. Especially considering you were TIRED and driving home. Maybe I am wrong and should just ignore all the news feeds of idiots "street racing", killing/injuring themselves and others, and just tell you, 'GREAT RACE BUDDY!'

I haven't gone over 100 since I went to WillowSprings Raceway (almost 140 on the straight ). Before that on a public road... I honestly can't remember.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:00 AM

Not calling you slow or trying to insult your car. At 2AM there was you and another guy, so it wasn't empty. How fast did you end up going??? And you don't consider that wreckless??? Myself and I hope many others would respect you more if you let the Z go about his business. Especially considering you were TIRED and driving home. Maybe I am wrong and should just ignore all the news feeds of idiots "street racing", killing/injuring themselves and others, and just tell you, 'GREAT RACE BUDDY!'

I haven't gone over 100 since I went to WillowSprings Raceway (almost 140 on the straight ). Before that on a public road... I honestly can't remember.
i know street racings pretty dumb and stuff too and yes track is best place but take a chill pill dude let ppl be ..no ones gonna change by you russling his feathers at least he wasn't stupid enough to do it on a regular street or race in traffic..to me personally if theres like no traffic around thats pretty much no one on the road and consider that an ok to go every once in a while if the chance pops up
Old 01-31-2008, 04:02 AM
Banned

i see so many 350z's on the highway,non of them want to pull with me..i raced a cobalt lt from a 60 roll
Old 01-31-2008, 04:34 AM
syP

stfu your car is slow
Old 01-31-2008, 04:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by syP
stfu your car is slow
Old 01-31-2008, 01:09 PM

I told you, i shut it down at 110 and the Z kept on going. It always scares me when i go that fast. I really do not consider that wreckless, In my opinion it is fairly easy to control at higher speeds. Never said I was tired, just said I had the music blasting in order to stay wide awake. Yes I agree street racing is dumb and dangerous, but this is not the fast and the furious here, just a quick 80-110 acceleration then back to using cruise control all the way home.

Quick Reply: 350z on the highway