War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

350z on the highway

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 03:04 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have posted what car I drive. I have a 77 Z with a mild SBC in it. I don't see what this matters as far as roll=rice and knowing what FAST cars really are.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Projekt
nice kill, those cars get mean once they are modded (twin turbo kit omg 400+ RWHP!!!) nice kill tho!
I just have to throw this out. Any car with a TT kit should have 400hp

Nice kill BTW to orginal poster.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by balla
I have posted what car I drive. I have a 77 Z with a mild SBC in it. I don't see what this matters as far as roll=rice and knowing what FAST cars really are.
It could be because guys that don't have a problem hooking and/or have a slow car from a roll (or in general) always say that racing from a roll is rice. It seems like you fall into this category. The only time its some what rice is if they are too big bitch to race it at the track and then its still not really rice, they’re just a *****.

Hell you don't even know the difference between a street car and drag car so how the hell do you know what fast is? You could look at a Top Fuel car and then a Pro Street car and say the Pro Street car is slow even though its not. A 120+ trap speed on a 100% street car is not slow by any means. Is it fast compared to a drag car? No, but that’s the only thing that car is made to do.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 04YellowGT
It could be because guys that don't have a problem hooking and/or have a slow car from a roll (or in general) always say that racing from a roll is rice. It seems like you fall into this category. The only time its some what rice is if they are too big bitch to race it at the track and then its still not really rice, they’re just a *****.

Hell you don't even know the difference between a street car and drag car so how the hell do you know what fast is? You could look at a Top Fuel car and then a Pro Street car and say the Pro Street car is slow even though its not. A 120+ trap speed on a 100% street car is not slow by any means. Is it fast compared to a drag car? No, but that’s the only thing that car is made to do.
The only people that complain about drag cars and street cars are those that can't keep up. We have local guys that run high 8s on motor, with no interior, chute, etc. and their car is registered and perfectly legal to run on the street. And they get called "drag cars".

In conclusion there is no set definition of street car or drag car. Some of these guys trap wellllllll past 120 too and think freeway racing is the gayest thing ever.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:59 PM

The only people that complain about drag cars and street cars are those that can't keep up. We have local guys that run high 8s on motor, with no interior, chute, etc. and their car is registered and perfectly legal to run on the street. And they get called "drag cars".

In conclusion there is no set definition of street car or drag car. Some of these guys trap wellllllll past 120 too and think freeway racing is the gayest thing ever.
HAHA all you do is prove my point even more on how stupid you are. The only people that think its fair are the ******** that own the drag cars claiming they’re street cars because I’ve got license plate for it. The only time people complain about street vs drag cars is when some ******** pulls his car off a trailer at a meet and starts talking **** to street cars. Congrats *******, your gutted car running on C16 race gas and 5.30 gears w/ slicks can beat my car I drive every day on the tires I use every day.

Ok how many of those guys drive 2-3 hours to the track in their "street car", how many of them drive them to work or to events everyday? How many of these guys can even run pump gas in the car? I would say none of them do because they can’t.

There was a guy talking **** to me at a car meet one day who drove a Pro-Street Camaro that was a “STREET CAR”. It was tubbed, gutted, slicks, whole nine yards and ran low 8s. I told him I would race him for $1,000 and had the cash in my hand BUT we had to drive our cars to Indy (2 - 2.5hr drive). We had to drive the whole way non-stop other than fuel only and got two (2) stops for pump gas (87-93oct).

I told him I would go right then and there or we could do it on another weekend. He looked at me really weird and said and I quote “I can’t do that my car doesn’t run on pump gas and my fuel cell only holds 5 gallons and I couldn’t drive that far in it anyways with out it over heating. “

I laughed and said well it should be able to do that pretty easily since it’s a street car, I mean I have a street car just like you and I can do it. I could even make it to Indy and back non-stop with only a tank and half.

Oh by the way there are set rules on a “STREET CAR” look at any KOTS competition rules.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:05 PM

dizzang to this thread:l ock:
Old 02-06-2008, 07:18 PM
Banned

HAHA all you do is prove my point even more on how stupid you are. The only people that think its fair are the ******** that own the drag cars claiming they’re street cars because I’ve got license plate for it. The only time people complain about street vs drag cars is when some ******** pulls his car off a trailer at a meet and starts talking **** to street cars. Congrats *******, your gutted car running on C16 race gas and 5.30 gears w/ slicks can beat my car I drive every day on the tires I use every day.

Ok how many of those guys drive 2-3 hours to the track in their "street car", how many of them drive them to work or to events everyday? How many of these guys can even run pump gas in the car? I would say none of them do because they can’t.

There was a guy talking **** to me at a car meet one day who drove a Pro-Street Camaro that was a “STREET CAR”. It was tubbed, gutted, slicks, whole nine yards and ran low 8s. I told him I would race him for $1,000 and had the cash in my hand BUT we had to drive our cars to Indy (2 - 2.5hr drive). We had to drive the whole way non-stop other than fuel only and got two (2) stops for pump gas (87-93oct).

I told him I would go right then and there or we could do it on another weekend. He looked at me really weird and said and I quote “I can’t do that my car doesn’t run on pump gas and my fuel cell only holds 5 gallons and I couldn’t drive that far in it anyways with out it over heating. “

I laughed and said well it should be able to do that pretty easily since it’s a street car, I mean I have a street car just like you and I can do it. I could even make it to Indy and back non-stop with only a tank and half.

Oh by the way there are set rules on a “STREET CAR” look at any KOTS competition rules.
There are cars that could easily fit your lame ass requirements that are still tubbed, chuted, etc... and you would still call them DRAG cars and bitch and moan when they did drive that 2.5hr drive and proceeded to rape you in the ass.

Seriously only a *** would say let's drive 150miles before we race.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:24 PM

There are cars that could easily fit your lame ass requirements that are still tubbed, chuted, etc... and you would still call them DRAG cars and bitch and moan when they did drive that 2.5hr drive and proceeded to rape you in the ass.

Seriously only a *** would say let's drive 150miles before we race.
Ok there are but I asked if these cars YOU are talking could do it.

And only a *** would claim to to be a street car with a car that has nothing it. Obviously that wasn't a bad question to ask because he couldn't do it.

HAHA I just saw you live California where you cant even run LT headers or cams but you talk about an 8sec street legal car.

Last edited by 04YellowGT; 02-06-2008 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-06-2008, 07:27 PM
Banned

Ok there are but I asked if these cars YOU are talking could do it.

And only a *** would claim to to be a street car with a car that has nothing it. Obviously that wasn't a bad question to ask because he couldn't do it.
So all you did is talk yourself out of a race. Whoopy. You shouldn't have been talking **** to someone with a faster car in the first place. That would be like me taking my daily driver and going up to lambos and saying, "want to race? no not acceleration, an mpg race, lets see who gets further on one tank of gas." GAY.

HAHA I just saw you live California where you cant even run LT headers or cams but you talk about an 8sec street legal car.
HAHA more proof you have no idea what you are talking about.

Last edited by balla; 02-06-2008 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-06-2008, 07:32 PM

So all you did is talk yourself out of a race. Whoopy. You shouldn't have been talking **** to someone with a faster car in the first place. That would be like me taking my daily driver and going up to lambos and saying, "want to race? no not acceleration, an mpg race, lets see who gets further on one tank of gas." GAY.
I wasn't talking **** to him he came up to me and asked what my car ran. I told him 11s he laughed and said my car runs 8s. Some words were exchanged and then I made him the offer.

HAHA more proof you have no idea what you are talking about.
Prove me wrong all knowing one

I got to ask do you have history in racing do you have one of these cars or do you just like talking **** about something you have no business in?
Old 02-06-2008, 07:42 PM

balla , i dont think you have ever been around a true race car.

interstate rracing is not stupid either. At 2am, i think its pretty damn safe.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:48 PM

why am i not suprised to see BALLA once again talking **** on a car forum.. i think thats all this guy does...lame..
Old 02-06-2008, 08:20 PM
Banned

Prove me wrong all knowing one.

I got to ask do you have history in racing do you have one of these cars or do you just like talking **** about something you have no business in?
Prove you wrong about what?

pre-75 cars don't have to smog. Neither do diesels.

I've been around street racing for about 8 years now, drag racing longer. I have no desire to go as fast as those guys, but I know they are FAST. I have made several friends that cover the spectrum of cars/bikes, trust me when I was young (stupid) I thought roll racing was cool. Until I read this post on my local street racing forum...

One person posted this "what is wrong with roll races? It shows how much power you got against another car, its no about driver really there, its about power and what your car can do. Not who could get the jump, or who launch better, its just great" Followed by...

"You basically just made my argument for me . . . it's ONLY about how much power a car makes, not about if the driver can drive, not about if the suspension works, nothing. It's the Special Olympics if racing . . . for retards ONLY. Why not just scale the cars, then go to a dyno and race calculators??? It's be safer and less wear and tear on the cars!! If all that weren't enough, there's no clear-cut start OR finish line . . . some ******* can do a ricer flyby and claim he won even though the other guy had 10 cars on him when he let off.

I stand by my statement that freeway racing is just plain gay. Learn to drive and learn to tune a chassis . . . if you can't do that, go find another hobby."

He drives a nitroused injected BBC in 80's GTA, tubbed etc. VERY FAST CAR.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:25 PM

this is the gayest thread ever. balla, go get a life, and take your lame ass wrx with you.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:56 PM

Prove you wrong about what?

pre-75 cars don't have to smog. Neither do diesels.

I've been around street racing for about 8 years now, drag racing longer. I have no desire to go as fast as those guys, but I know they are FAST. I have made several friends that cover the spectrum of cars/bikes, trust me when I was young (stupid) I thought roll racing was cool. Until I read this post on my local street racing forum...

One person posted this "what is wrong with roll races? It shows how much power you got against another car, its no about driver really there, its about power and what your car can do. Not who could get the jump, or who launch better, its just great" Followed by...

"You basically just made my argument for me . . . it's ONLY about how much power a car makes, not about if the driver can drive, not about if the suspension works, nothing. It's the Special Olympics if racing . . . for retards ONLY. Why not just scale the cars, then go to a dyno and race calculators??? It's be safer and less wear and tear on the cars!! If all that weren't enough, there's no clear-cut start OR finish line . . . some ******* can do a ricer flyby and claim he won even though the other guy had 10 cars on him when he let off.

I stand by my statement that freeway racing is just plain gay. Learn to drive and learn to tune a chassis . . . if you can't do that, go find another hobby."

He drives a nitroused injected BBC in 80's GTA, tubbed etc. VERY FAST CAR.
Being around it and actually doing it is two totally different things. Hell people go to NASCAR events but don't claim to know how race or build one. So have you been a participant or a spectator?

Who is he?

Also your telling me these guys in these drag cars run 5/6spd manuals, I don't about over there but ever guy here running that fast is running an auto?

EDIT: Whats the fastest YOU have ever went at the track in one of your cars?
Old 02-06-2008, 09:58 PM

Who is he?

Also your telling me these guys in these drag cars run 5/6spd manuals, I don't about over there but ever guy here running that fast is running an auto.
i know you were asking him a question, but... i'm pretty sure this clown is wasey. css.net terrorist. don't even give him the time of day.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by chevysalesman614
i know you were asking him a question, but... i'm pretty sure this clown is wasey. css.net terrorist. don't even give him the time of day.
Whether it is or not, I’m still making this guy look like a moron. Some people might believe this guy and I want to make sure the people that do realize he isn’t as smart as he tries to act. I love when these clowns get on forums and try starting **** because I'll pick there whole post apart and make them look like the douchebag they really are.

Last edited by 04YellowGT; 02-06-2008 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-07-2008, 12:22 AM
Banned

Being around it and actually doing it is two totally different things. Hell people go to NASCAR events but don't claim to know how race or build one. So have you been a participant or a spectator?

Who is he?

Also your telling me these guys in these drag cars run 5/6spd manuals, I don't about over there but ever guy here running that fast is running an auto?

EDIT: Whats the fastest YOU have ever went at the track in one of your cars?
I've made a few high 11 second passes in my current car.

Where did I say anything about 5/6spd manuals???

He is someone that goes faster and has gone faster than I ever will.

Whether it is or not, I’m still making this guy look like a moron. Some people might believe this guy and I want to make sure the people that do realize he isn’t as smart as he tries to act. I love when these clowns get on forums and try starting **** because I'll pick there whole post apart and make them look like the douchebag they really are.
Pick "there" posts apart? Really? Like how it should be "their"? Or how you made up some BS about 5/6spd manuals???

I am pretty sure Euthanasia has the fastest car on this board lets ask him how gay roll racing is.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:22 AM

I've made a few high 11 second passes in my current car.

Where did I say anything about 5/6spd manuals???

He is someone that goes faster and has gone faster than I ever will.

Pick "there" posts apart? Really? Like how it should be "their"? Or how you made up some BS about 5/6spd manuals???

I am pretty sure Euthanasia has the fastest car on this board lets ask him how gay roll racing is.
So you throw up someone out of no where, is he the one that runs 8s?

You made a few high 11sec passes with a MILD 77 Camaro? That’s not a mild car if that’s the case or you lying, probably the latter. What were you trapping on these 11sec runs? You don’t go from running 15s which is what those cars ran to 11s with a MILD setup. That takes a bored, stroked car with a aggressive head and cam package or a power adder. Either way your talking internal motor work and a solid 60’.

You talk about being good driver and learning how to drive. There really isn’t too much to a auto car so I would imagine only other option is a manual transmission car.

See what I’m saying, nothing you are saying is adding up and you keep contradicting what you previously said.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:40 AM
Banned

So you throw up someone out of no where, is he the one that runs 8s?

You made a few high 11sec passes with a MILD 77 Camaro? That’s not a mild car if that’s the case or you lying, probably the latter. What were you trapping on these 11sec runs? You don’t go from running 15s which is what those cars ran to 11s with a MILD setup. That takes a bored, stroked car with a aggressive head and cam package or a power adder. Either way your talking internal motor work and a solid 60’.

You talk about being good driver and learning how to drive. There really isn’t too much to a auto car so I would imagine only other option is a manual transmission car.

See what I’m saying, nothing you are saying is adding up and you keep contradicting what you previously said.
HAHAHAHAHAHAH YOU HAVE NO FUCING CLUE!

77 Z, does not = Camaro. TOOLBOX!

Isn't too much to aN auto car running 8s?

Euthanasia was not the guy I quoted, he is just a respected member on this board that knows how gay roll racing is and like I said he probably has the fastest car on here.

See what I am saying, nothing you say shows that you know ANYTHING.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:44 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
balla, just a quick question, why are you on a cobalt forum?
Old 02-07-2008, 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Hockeyman
balla, just a quick question, why are you on a cobalt forum?
he's a troll
Old 02-07-2008, 02:00 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAH YOU HAVE NO FUCING CLUE!

77 Z, does not = Camaro. TOOLBOX!

Isn't too much to aN auto car running 8s?

Euthanasia was not the guy I quoted, he is just a respected member on this board that knows how gay roll racing is and like I said he probably has the fastest car on here.

See what I am saying, nothing you say shows that you know ANYTHING.
Ok then what is it? I figured Z as in Z28. Be a little more specific so I don’t have to guess.

I didn't say you were quoting Euthanasia I really don't care about him. He has cool, fast cars but his opinion is not god so it doesn’t matter.

I asked who the guy you brought up in the previous post that had the 80s GTA is he the car that runs 8s?

You keep shying away from the questions I ask you. You only give me half an answer or completely ignoring it and talking about something else.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:03 AM
Banned

Ok then what is it? I figured Z as in Z28. Be a little more specific so I don’t have to guess.

I didn't say you were quoting Euthanasia I really don't care about him. He has cool, fast cars but his opinion is not god so it doesn’t matter.

I asked who the guy you brought up in the previous post that had the 80s GTA is he the car that runs 8s?

You keep shying away from the questions I ask you. You only give me half an answer or completely ignoring it and talking about something else.
Z=Z cars

He is a guy I know locally.

Shying away? NO, just laughing at your ASSumptions.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:10 AM

Z=Z cars

He is a guy I know locally.

Shying away? NO, just laughing at your ASSumptions.
HAHA once again not answering the question I asked I'll take that as no he was not the car that runs 8s if not why the hell did you bring him up out of thin air?

I guess I wouldn't have to assume **** if you would just answer the question flat out.

You have yet to answer my question about the 8sec car if it could do/did the things I listed.

I've never heard a car called a Z other than a Z28, 350z and Datson 280Z

I not aware of any car from factory being called just "Z"

Quick Reply: 350z on the highway