War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

400hp GOATvs 06 SS/SC

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 01:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
realiabilty is all in how you drive and the tune
Old 04-04-2007, 01:38 AM

True true...I caught the mod bug BAD with my Cobey. I didn't plan to mod her like I am, but it just happened. It's like getting a tat. You start with one and are like, yup I'm good, then next thing you know you want another and another. lol...Truth be told, we have yet to find the true potential of our motors. Some are trying, but it is a slow process. Head gaskets and head studs around 300whp for sure. Axles are known to go with the right traction, and our clutches have been known to have issues, but not everyone. I beat on mine pretty good and I'm creepin on 13K in mileage with the stock clutch so far. *knocks on wood* lol...

Our largest issue is traction. I truly believe with soley suspension/traction mods, we are more then capable of high 13's. 12's for our cars are not that far fetched either. I have gone against an 03-04 Stang Gt with K&N intake, exhaust and tune and walked away from him from 40ish when he got the jump, I also walked on a Stg2 SRT4 which surprised the hell outta him. LOL!! You will love her for sure. Try an look for an early 07 or 06 model so you can get the Recaros, if you're not too large of a fella, you will thank me for this. The LSD is a nice option also
Old 04-04-2007, 08:39 AM

6'1 230 and I have 2 little ones that we have to sit behind me from time to time. Thanks for the tips.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:26 AM
Banned

With all of the false information in this thread about GTO's it's pretty easy to see why a simple SS/SC Stage 2 can hang with one.

I am not trying to preach here after all I have had a SS/SC so I know what they can do.

- The GTO launches like a SOB, it's more so 400HP/400FtLbs that makes it difficult. The IRS takes a little getting used to nothing a few practice launches won't solve. As for internet stories of terrible wheel hop, maybe when heavily abusing the car. I have yet to feel even the slightest hop and I have launched mine quite a few times.

- A 2004 LS1 GTO is just a little slower than a LS1 F-Body due to weight. The F-Bodies have 3.23 w/A4 and 3.42 w/M6 and the GTO has 3.46 w/A4 & M6.

- A 2005-2006 GTO is a low 13 high 12 second car and will trap around 108mph. In the 1/4 with equal drivers it will slightly edge out a LS1 F-Body, from a roll the LS2 will pull on a LS1 F-Body. Once again the slight weight advantage helps the F-Body in the 1/4.

I know that SS/SC's have crazy top end pull but the LS1/LS2 pulls just as hard at 3,500rpm it doesn't need to work into it's power.

Keep in mind not every car on the road is driven by people who know how to drive it to it's full potential. Thus why there are 15 second SS/SC's and 14 second GTO's. Too many people get a manual and have no idea how to launch or shift.

Obviously people who take the time to learn there car will run better times. They are the people who will run 14.3 in a stock SS/SC and 13.0 in a stock GTO.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:30 AM

i think thats probably the first post i have ever seen from you to where i dont wanna crawl through the computer and kick your ass.. maybe your starting to turn around cody.. impressive
Old 04-04-2007, 03:39 PM

MyGoat is extremely well respected on the GTO forums. His knowledge and ambitions have helped our community a ton. I had the pleasure of meeting him when I first picked up my car at a RKC meet in frisco (by chance do you remember me? Late october picked up a 6spd spice red goatwith temp tags? it was just before you started the turbo set up on the TBSS, wish I really wish I could have seen!). Anyways, he knows exactly what he is talking about by experience to the fullest.

As far as times go, yes that list is not updated. Many people don't care to either. I probably have the highest stock dyno GTO on that board from what I have checked, but it is not posted in the dyno sections because I can't scan a sheet. Same thing for them, but if you look around you will see planety of stock (down to the tires) GTO's running 12.8-12.9 trapping no more then 109 (more like 107-108 on those runs). The camaro's and T/A's are a tick or two behind that, I have heard of a handful of 12 second slips stock but not as many as the GTO's.

I am hoping to get my throttle body ported in the future by him since I am local, and you guys should be glad to have a memeber that is eager to learn and improve your cars like he did to our community. About WRP, just go search WRP on google video or other video sites and you will see what he is talking about. He is another great guy to talk with and can drive the **** out of his car. Nothing like old school mixing in with new school!

I have to get back to work, I hope to see some of ya'll around. I know I have met some of you at local meets and GTG's (at grapevine hooters/cruise and El Chico car show) and through Robert. I look forward to see more of you. Anyone interested in rolling out with me to that RKC party/meet at scion of Dallas next monday? Look for a spice red GTO if you do. Tyler
Old 04-04-2007, 03:43 PM

I love WRP's videos and that southern accent just puts the icing on the cake...lol

He puts them together nicely as well, funniest was when the lady flashed him for no reason