War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

4G Eclipse GT vs Cobalt SS/SC

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hell some dude even stated 4g > SRT-4 :lol

Some of them are just tools that bash other car just because they dont like them WTF grow up

Originally Posted by cobaltR
I actually went and read that 13pages of crap on that thread....good lord...but anyways...I like your srt4 too evilgoat...even though its an ECONOMY CAR lol..j/k....a couple of those guys are pretty thick headed. I also cant believe how angry they started to get about trolling...yet half of them were trolling on this site to find answers...lol....oh well...
jajajaa can you believe that, a SRT performance car is a economy car

ohhh by the way all you SHOULD KNOW THAT OUR CARS ARE NOT STOCK NEW BECAUSE THEY COME FI according to sparrow

Last edited by evilgoat; 09-03-2008 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-03-2008, 09:07 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
srt-4 < all

j/k man lol, I almost bought one but the dealer was a dick
Old 09-03-2008, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by evilgoat
hell some dude even stated 4g > SRT-4 :lol

Some of them are just tools that bash other car just because they dont like them WTF grow up

jajajaa can you believe that, a SRT performance car is a economy car

ohhh by the way all you SHOULD KNOW THAT OUR CARS ARE NOT STOCK NEW BECAUSE THEY COME FI according to sparrow
lol...yeah...that was classic...our cars come with FI so they are not stock....I couldnt stop laughing on that one. We might as well say STI's and EVO's are economy cars too....basically nothing but junk....lol...the eclipse is far superior to all us "economy cars". Oh well at least some of them over there arent complete tools.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:30 PM

I dont think a eclipse would win. I was neck and neck with my bone stock 95 pgt... those things arent quick at all we went up to 120 mph and it was still neck and neck. It was a auto.. but still. Probe gt's have like 150 whp maybe, probabely even less.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:31 PM

upate:

aparently i got banned for no reason in that site, they can go **** themselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 08:03 PM

An Eclipse forum bans an SRT-4 driver for defending a cobalt.... seriously, the irony. I'd give you rep just for not being a fanboy.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Okay.... Being an ex DSM'er, here's my opinion (for what it's worth):

Being a GT, I can almost bet without looking at any of the specs to this car that it's a peformance v6 engine AND naturally aspirated because NO 4 cylinder made by Mitsubishi is "fast" without boost. I'll even go as far as saying the Gs-t and the Gs-x isn't all that great. However, the turbocharged engine in those cars responde very well to modifications, much like an SRT4.

So that being said, they are comparing a performance v6 to our performance 4 cylinders? Right off the bat, that isn't an even race. It's sorta like comparing the size of a raisin to the size of a grape. However...

Most people can come to the conclusion that a 4G GT vs an SS/SC is a close drivers race. Anyone know how big that v6 is? If my 4 cylinder, 2.0 LITER ENGINE MIND YOU, can keep up or even nearly keep up with that motor then I would call that good. Hell, our cars keep up with engines bigger than that, performance or not. Most people don't realize that... I raced a caddy the other night with the norstar v8 I guess? He pulled half a car on me, and I have no engine mods. He jumped outta the car and was all struttin around after that... I felt like smackin him. Dude? My heaton supercharged 2.0 just kept up with your v8? Open your beady little eyes! Does everyone get my point?

I'd like to see these 4G's hold up to an SS/TC. Talk about a car that responds VERY WELL to nearly any mod? The SS/TC is the one for that category. And guess what 4G dicks? It's a 2.0! Boosted or not, it's turbocharged from the factory. I know it's hard to swallow, but choke that apple down.

All-in-all, you'll have those who think their car is superior to all. The truth is there is always something faster, no matter what you're driving. And as far as that phrase "economy car" goes, any Eclipse GS or RS model is trumped by our 2.2 LT. Yes, that engine is 0.2 liters bigger. Bring that up in court. You'll get laughed outta the room...

No sense in bumpin gums over all this... Take it to the track and find out for sure.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:31 PM

word i agree take it to the track.. most sense that has been written about this whole mess.. and second of all ss/tc is a pretty stought car cant take nothing away from it have and always will state that.. my thing is that your little 4cyclinder takes a sc or a tc to give the GT a competition. give the gt a supercharger(like mine) and im sure there isnt to many street legal balts that will keep up... now im not getting up all on my high horse or anything but look at mod for mod.. there really isnt a comparision. i make almost 2x your guys FLYWHEEL hp to my wheels on only 10psi.. now if you want to go back to the whole thing "well my car is a 4cylinder and yours is a 6cylinder".. well right there your admiting defeat.. cause whats an evo or an sti.. ohh right a 4 banger... and again like ive stated before on here i love gm and chevy.. i wont own any other domestic car or truck but maybe just a thought but its not in the same class.. now yes granted im more then sure that there has to be a cobalt on here that will beat my eclipse thats street legal(at least i hope) but im sure its running well over 20 psi with supporting mods..
just my two cents...
Old 09-12-2008, 07:41 PM

I would hand your boat its ass on a platter even with it being boosted sorry, some of us actually have highly modified LSJ's and we know are **** about the cars....
Old 09-12-2008, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by clipse48
word i agree take it to the track.. most sense that has been written about this whole mess.. and second of all ss/tc is a pretty stought car cant take nothing away from it have and always will state that.. my thing is that your little 4cyclinder takes a sc or a tc to give the GT a competition. give the gt a supercharger(like mine) and im sure there isnt to many street legal balts that will keep up... now im not getting up all on my high horse or anything but look at mod for mod.. there really isnt a comparision. i make almost 2x your guys FLYWHEEL hp to my wheels on only 10psi.. now if you want to go back to the whole thing "well my car is a 4cylinder and yours is a 6cylinder".. well right there your admiting defeat.. cause whats an evo or an sti.. ohh right a 4 banger... and again like ive stated before on here i love gm and chevy.. i wont own any other domestic car or truck but maybe just a thought but its not in the same class.. now yes granted im more then sure that there has to be a cobalt on here that will beat my eclipse thats street legal(at least i hope) but im sure its running well over 20 psi with supporting mods..
just my two cents...
Who cares if its a 4cylinder of 6cylinder and why would you even make a comment like "your little 2.0l needs a sc or tc to give the gt competition" ARE YOU SERIOUS. Thats the way it came stock...and now you want to compare a supercharged eclipse (which I consider highly modded) to a stock ss/sc or ss/tc...your nuts! You make it sound like the cobalt needs to prove you and all your eclipse buddies it can hang. I'm afraid your mistaken...its the 4g eclipse that needs to prove something. There are plenty of 400whp cobalts on here...one even commented to you. If you did some research you'd know there are STREET LEGAL cobalts out there with more than 500whp. How many 4g eclipse's have more than 500whp? Will the eclipse ever make more than that? Its yet to be seen....depends on the aftermarket for it...which right now isnt much. The cobalt has much more support than the 4g eclipse and probably will always have more than it. Also who cares about how much boost your running...as long as its safe, reliable and effecient. I could care less if I'm running 5psi or 50psi. At the end of the day I dont care what motor you have 4,6,8,10,12,16 cylinder, turbocharged, supercharged or twin charged. All that matters is the power that hits the pavement and what you run through the quarter. Thats just my 2cents.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:27 PM

wow i have a couple vids of me beating those
Old 09-12-2008, 10:41 PM

sorry to go off topic but why is steddy banned?
Old 09-13-2008, 10:32 AM

just my two cents...
seriously bro, your ricer comments are just hilarious. The 4 cylinder needs a turbo or supercharger to compete with your sixer. Not ****, your car was designed to run a mivec 6 cylinder so obviously it will make more power than a NA 4 cylinder it has bigger displacement so technically is able to make more power. Well guess what THE REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT IS CALLED BOOST

So back to your comment Put a supercharger in a 4G GT it will be fast right, how about putting a six cylinder in a cobalt WOULD IT BE JUST AS FAST? Do you see how retarded that sounds? Its nothing but ricer excuses bro you race what you brought that is it.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by steddy2112
Stock for stock the 4g is faster.
I just saw this thread. And no, the stock, the 4g is NOT faster. I've raced a few when I was stock and it wasn't pretty. Especially from a stop. Those things are PIG heavy and get out of the hole worse than a newb driver in a cobalt.

Originally Posted by Red Rocket SS
I do know that as much as eclipse owners dont want to admit it, they do not have a sports car, just a sporty one. They are chicks cars and have been that way since they got rid of the 4G63 in 99. I had a 90 GSX and it was by far my fav car to date. I love Evo's, so its not a bash against Mitsu's, but those new eclipses are soft.
true statement. When the 3rd gen was introduced, the car hit chick car status and hasn't changed since.

Last edited by ralliartist; 09-13-2008 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-16-2008, 06:00 PM

seriously bro, your ricer comments are just hilarious. The 4 cylinder needs a turbo or supercharger to compete with your sixer. Not ****, your car was designed to run a mivec 6 cylinder so obviously it will make more power than a NA 4 cylinder it has bigger displacement so technically is able to make more power. Well guess what THE REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT IS CALLED BOOST

So back to your comment Put a supercharger in a 4G GT it will be fast right, how about putting a six cylinder in a cobalt WOULD IT BE JUST AS FAST? Do you see how retarded that sounds? Its nothing but ricer excuses bro you race what you brought that is it.
how is that ricer homie.. saying if you add a supercharger to a car is rice? hahahahhahahahaha thats some funny ****.. if i said add a neon kit or some sick ricer wings and a NOS sticker ill beat your car then i would understand... your really starting to sound like a mustang cobra owner.. "umm umm my car has a smaller motor so so so i run a supercharger to make up for where my car lacks in displacement" dude dont start making the chevy sound like a bitch complainer cause it has a smaller motor... and your wack srt-4 also. point being you show me a cobalt or srt-4 that makes 425 whp and 430wtq on 10-12 psi on pump gas with stock internals and nothing more then a i/h/e.. ill retract every statment ive made on this and any forum. or in fact show me a cobalt that makes over 450whp with stock internals and nothing more then i/h/e i will be amazed
Old 09-16-2008, 06:27 PM

how is that ricer homie.. saying if you add a supercharger to a car is rice? hahahahhahahahaha thats some funny ****.. if i said add a neon kit or some sick ricer wings and a NOS sticker ill beat your car then i would understand... your really starting to sound like a mustang cobra owner.. "umm umm my car has a smaller motor so so so i run a supercharger to make up for where my car lacks in displacement" dude dont start making the chevy sound like a bitch complainer cause it has a smaller motor... and your wack srt-4 also. point being you show me a cobalt or srt-4 that makes 425 whp and 430wtq on 10-12 psi on pump gas with stock internals and nothing more then a i/h/e.. ill retract every statment ive made on this and any forum. or in fact show me a cobalt that makes over 450whp with stock internals and nothing more then i/h/e i will be amazed
The hahn turbo kit and zzp twincharge kit are making very close to those numbers on the stock motor, but not at 10-12psi. But like I said who gives a crap on how much boost your running its putting the power down isnt it. Like I also said, show me a 4g eclipse that is making over 500whp and I'm might be impressed too....uh wait..there isnt any...but there are cobalts that do....hmmmm...so once again I guess the 4g is superior to the eclipse.....not .
Old 09-16-2008, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by cobaltR
The hahn turbo kit and zzp twincharge kit are making very close to those numbers on the stock motor, but not at 10-12psi. But like I said who gives a crap on how much boost your running its putting the power down isnt it. Like I also said, show me a 4g eclipse that is making over 500whp and I'm might be impressed too....uh wait..there isnt any...but there are cobalts that do....hmmmm...so once again I guess the 4g is superior to the eclipse.....not .
wait couple months after i get my mivec tuner and ill show you many!! on stock internals and again probally no more then 15 psi.. give me a walboro fuel pump bigger injectors and a good tune i say ~550 whp... and still on 15psi. if i turned the boost up to even 20 psi the motor would take off without the car lol.. and second please point me in the direction on where you can fine that turbo kit for a cobalt.. cause did a google search didnt find ish.. closes i got is 140+ whp on stock motor so if my math does me right your putting about 100 less whp which isnt to close.. and 500 whp street legal cobalt with stock internals.. again still couldnt find it so if you could point me in that direction please!. and like ive said before in this forum and on even 4g eclipse forums cobalt is a stout car for what it is.. good bang for your buck.. but big whp numbers on a stock block or no motor swap(which with the car being so small dont think any other gm motor would fit) is still yet to be proven.. if you think your gonna be the talk of the town for a 400 whp car with again MORE then 20 psi and supporting mods either your from a really really small town or everyone drives civics lol..

oh yeah and read the last sentence of your post!! need to edit

Originally Posted by ralliartist
I just saw this thread. And no, the stock, the 4g is NOT faster. I've raced a few when I was stock and it wasn't pretty. Especially from a stop. Those things are PIG heavy and get out of the hole worse than a newb driver in a cobalt.

true statement. When the 3rd gen was introduced, the car hit chick car status and hasn't changed since.
haha ya and ive raced a ferrari and i pulled by like 3 cars..
dude find a cobalt ss in albuquerque, new mexico and we can end this discussion.. ill even have my buddy in his even video it for all to see.. look for this eclipse and well set something up

Last edited by clipse48; 09-16-2008 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-16-2008, 10:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
kinda looks like an elongated beetle...and why are you even comparing anyway?
Old 09-16-2008, 10:12 PM

Hey fellas i was browsing the 4G Eclipse forums and these fellas talk mad crap about SS/SC about how slow they are balblabla bla. Im not here to discuss that but rather to know how does a Cobalt SS/SC stands against a 4G Eclipse GT stock for stock and mod vs mod.

Here there is a link of the forum if u like to take a look

http://www.club4geclipse.com/modules...r=asc&start=60

Note: I dont know if u have to register or not to be able to look at that particular thread. IF, so then forget it or just register cuz its hilarious what they say
stock for stock, 4g eclipse GT V6 219whp-256 crank hp, Cobalt SS/SC 204 Crankhp

i konw cause my girl has one, its ******* fast
Old 09-16-2008, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Rissa
and the cobalt looks like a new cavi.. we all have are styles..
and comparing what?
Old 09-16-2008, 10:23 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Rissa
rissa, so honest.

Originally Posted by darrion
stock for stock, 4g eclipse GT V6 219whp-256 crank hp, Cobalt SS/SC 204 Crankhp
what? 204 crank hp? what are you talking about?

and the cobalt looks like a new cavi.. we all have are styles..
and comparing what?
Aww come on, nothing better than new cavi? gotta come back with something snappy to combat what a chick sad about your car.

I don't even care to go back and see/read this whole thread. One dude on your own forums was telling you the truth. This is silly.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake
rissa, so honest.

Aww come on, nothing better than new cavi? gotta come back with something snappy to combat what a chick sad about your car.

I don't even care to go back and see/read this whole thread. One dude on your own forums was telling you the truth. This is silly.
nah dude cause i actually like the cobalt SS.. but it really is.. and second nothing better then elongated beetle.. or calling and evo a grandma car icause it has 4 doors.. or a 2008 sti a soccer mom car cause its a 4door hatch? rigghhhtt buddy. and it is silly i agree 110% so like i said lets settle this? any takers.. ill race before i get my mivec tuner and tune and walboro fuel pump..
and with my goodyear street tires
Old 09-16-2008, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake

im talking about the Cobalt SS/SC has like what 204 or 207 horse power at the crank and the 06 Eclipes GT V6 has 256 horse power at the crank
Old 09-16-2008, 10:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by darrion
im talking about the Cobalt SS/SC has like what 204 or 207 horse power at the crank and the 06 Eclipes GT V6 has 256 horse power at the crank
wrong

nah dude cause i actually like the cobalt SS.. but it really is.. and second nothing better then elongated beetle.. or calling and evo a grandma car icause it has 4 doors.. or a 2008 sti a soccer mom car cause its a 4door hatch? rigghhhtt buddy. and it is silly i agree 110% so like i said lets settle this? any takers.. ill race before i get my mivec tuner and tune and walboro fuel pump..
and with my goodyear street tires
If I had photoshop I'd get a picture of a new beetle and stretch it, BOOM then you have an eclipse.

Last edited by Rissa; 09-16-2008 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-16-2008, 11:01 PM

Your right. A fast ass bug lol. And I do actually have a photoshop. Let me add some headlights and make the nose a little more pointer. And BAM you have a cavi. Ill post it when I'm done.

Quick Reply: 4G Eclipse GT vs Cobalt SS/SC