War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

4G Eclipse GT vs Cobalt SS/SC

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 12:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by darrion
what ever guys all im saying when i came in here was that a stock GT V6 will most positively beat a Stock SS/SC and even if they do under rate the cars it will still be beat stock for stock you cant tell me it wont
Read the other 10 pages and I think alot people will tell you it can. Drivers race in my opinion....fastest stock gt is the same as the fastest stock ss/sc. Either way...they are decent platforms...I just think the balt is better, it has much more aftermarket support.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:17 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Bades
for the most part the EJ205and EJ207 can make around high 300s low 400s on pump wit the right tunin bigger tubro and supporting.. problem is the 2.0 has lag wit the bigger turbos need to make 400hp....but the EJ257 on the other hand ive seen makin high 400s on pump... but that pushin it.. the internals just dont like that much power...lol
Ah ok. I knew the ej25 spooled turbos a bit better than the 20 did, thanks for that.

Originally Posted by ToTaLeD
We have a newb here. SS/SCs make more than 205 to the wheel stock. Period. The end. This is old news.
thank you!
Old 09-17-2008, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake
Hmmm...have you seen stock times for the GT and the SS/SC? If you had you wouldn't say that.
i dont need the see times, times dont mean **** when you have bad drives, i know this cause i beat a ss/sc on the highway in my girls car (06 GT) the other night from a 30 roll then from a 60 roll, i didnt when by all that much but i won and thats all that matters it was like a car both times
Old 09-17-2008, 12:20 AM

i dont need the see times, times dont mean **** when you have bad drives, i know this cause i beat a ss/sc on the highway in my girls car (06 GT) the other night from a 30 roll then from a 60 roll, i didnt when by all that much but i won and thats all that matters it was like a car both times
Oh **** I beat a corvette ZR1 the other night because he missed 4 gears...
Old 09-17-2008, 12:21 AM

your right...bad drivers...so I guess the other guy wasnt a bad driver....and so because you beat it once...it can beat all ss/sc's. Oh wait...but you just said bad drivers....wow....
Old 09-17-2008, 12:22 AM

Oh **** I beat a corvette ZR1 the other night because he missed 4 gears...
what ever man, i understand why people dont like you ss guys, alot of yall think that yalls cars are the end all of all end alls, yall think that everyone that drives a base cobalt or any other tuner car are not as good as you
Old 09-17-2008, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by cobaltR
your right...bad drivers...so I guess the other guy wasnt a bad driver....and so because you beat it once...it can beat all ss/sc's. Oh wait...but you just said bad drivers....wow....
SSHHHHH don't speak in logic!
Old 09-17-2008, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by cobaltR
now im saying stock for stock, mods are a tottaly different story so no that does not cover all ss/sc
Old 09-17-2008, 12:24 AM

No **** about the cfm would of never knew that. Cause a gt35 turbo will do the same exact thing as a stock turbo would.(Being sarcastic) but we haven't talked about turbos or replacing a supercharger with a different one. Maybe a pullet but that's about it.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:27 AM

what ever man, i understand why people dont like you ss guys, alot of yall think that yalls cars are the end all of all end alls, yall think that everyone that drives a base cobalt or any other tuner car are not as good as you
What the **** are you talking about dude?! I never said my car is faster than all this ****. Ask Jackalope, I'm actually VERY real about my car.

The Eclispe GT runs 14.0s in the quarter mile being there best times

The SS/SC runs 14.0s int he quarter mile being their best times...HOW is that not a driver's race.

I'm not going to group you with the 2.2L owners, most of them are intelligent and don't jump to conclusions all the time.

PS, my first car was a 2.2L.

You my friend, are illogical and don't know what you are talking about.

now im saying stock for stock, mods are a tottaly different story so no that does not cover all ss/sc
STOCK FOR STOCK IS A ******* DRIVERS RACE WHAT IS SO HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND?! THEY BOTH RUN 14.0 IN THE QUARTER MILES!

you use the logic because you beat one with a bad driver you can beat them all. I bet your girl's car is an auto anywho, you can't **** up, manual car can.

Last edited by Scythe_Snake; 09-17-2008 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-17-2008, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by clipse48
No dude giving me way to much credit. I'm studying to be one. Still got a ways to go though. But thanks for the compliment lol.
And please educate me please what is different from your motor and a pt cruiser motor? Cause honestly I don't know(not being a smart ass and would actually like to know the difference)
pt cruiser turbo and srt-4 has basically the same engine and turbo. Your car engine is designed to pump 260+ hp out of a v6 motor by using a high compression engine. As a result your engine when running boost can only hold so much boost around 8-10lbs if that with tunning required. The internals are not meant for boost so they will fail under too much stresss. Unlikely lower compression motors can run high boost
Old 09-17-2008, 12:38 AM

No man I'm talking about between a non turbo pt cruiser motor and a turboed one? Except stuff to make the car run with the turbo. Is it a different block? Different internals? I know how my motor was designed. As far as what it can handle before it will blow up is still pending. And pretty much any car that is a performance that's not from the factory with a turbo or supercharger runs a high compression. Can't really name any off the top of my head.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:39 AM

What the **** are you talking about dude?! I never said my car is faster than all this ****. Ask Jackalope, I'm actually VERY real about my car.

The Eclispe GT runs 14.0s in the quarter mile being there best times

The SS/SC runs 14.0s int he quarter mile being their best times...HOW is that not a driver's race.

I'm not going to group you with the 2.2L owners, most of them are intelligent and don't jump to conclusions all the time.

PS, my first car was a 2.2L.

You my friend, are illogical and don't know what you are talking about.

STOCK FOR STOCK IS A ******* DRIVERS RACE WHAT IS SO HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND?! THEY BOTH RUN 14.0 IN THE QUARTER MILES!

you use the logic because you beat one with a bad driver you can beat them all. I bet your girl's car is an auto anywho, you can't **** up, manual car can.
ok so your saying its a drivers race i can agree with that if what you say is true about the under rated hp but we will never know who will win because it can all be blamed on bad drivers, and yes my girls car is an 5speed auto with the sportstronic trans. because she was born with a birth defect and her left leg isnt as strong as her right, and thats the only reason, she can drive stick it just not as good as most cause its hard for her to push in the clutch
Old 09-17-2008, 12:40 AM

No **** about the cfm would of never knew that. Cause a gt35 turbo will do the same exact thing as a stock turbo would.(Being sarcastic) but we haven't talked about turbos or replacing a supercharger with a different one. Maybe a pullet but that's about it.
Just checkin......at least you know...
Old 09-17-2008, 12:46 AM

Ya man reading you can learn a lot lol. But anyways bottom line everyone buys their cars for their reason and what they have in mind for a build. Sorry if I offended anyone. Still stand behind my point but I'm sure you do as well. But on another note when the f are they gonna start carrying f-in ss on the lot.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:48 AM

ok so your saying its a drivers race i can agree with that if what you say is true about the under rated hp but we will never know who will win because it can all be blamed on bad drivers, and yes my girls car is an 5speed auto with the sportstronic trans. because she was born with a birth defect and her left leg isnt as strong as her right, and thats the only reason, she can drive stick it just not as good as most cause its hard for her to push in the clutch
Dude, ask ANYONE who knows what they are talking about. 99% of people know the ss/sc is underrated. do 1 minute of research and you'll find that.

If that is your logic then no car will ever know its best driving.....

But if you see a list of all the eclipse GT stock times and the ss/sc stock times you'll see its a pretty close race and whichever one misses a gear or shifts to slow or hits the redline or ***** up, will end up costing them the race....which is the definition of a driver's race....which ever driver is better, stock for stock, he will most likely win. If both drivers are equal, it will be a neck to neck race most likely.

I'm not saying the ss/'sc is faster, i'm not saying its an uber fast car, its not, its quick car thats nice and fun to drive.

Ya man reading you can learn a lot lol. But anyways bottom line everyone buys their cars for their reason and what they have in mind for a build. Sorry if I offended anyone. Still stand behind my point but I'm sure you do as well. But on another note when the f are they gonna start carrying f-in ss on the lot.
the ss turbos 09 are already out. some guy dynoed 281whp on an 09 sedan.

I felt queezy.

Last edited by Scythe_Snake; 09-17-2008 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-17-2008, 12:51 AM

No man I'm talking about between a non turbo pt cruiser motor and a turboed one? Except stuff to make the car run with the turbo. Is it a different block? Different internals? I know how my motor was designed. As far as what it can handle before it will blow up is still pending. And pretty much any car that is a performance that's not from the factory with a turbo or supercharger runs a high compression. Can't really name any off the top of my head.
they are just different motors, pistons, rods, crank, the block itsf, etc.

For isntance the might LS1 very high compression engine can only hold about 7-8 and be safe. anything more than that it will need to modifiied the bottom end.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:52 AM

Every dealer here says that they can only get them speacial order. They don't carry them in bulk.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:55 AM

Dude, ask ANYONE who knows what they are talking about. 99% of people know the ss/sc is underrated. do 1 minute of research and you'll find that.

If that is your logic then no car will ever know its best driving.....

But if you see a list of all the eclipse GT stock times and the ss/sc stock times you'll see its a pretty close race and whichever one misses a gear or shifts to slow or hits the redline or ***** up, will end up costing them the race....which is the definition of a driver's race....which ever driver is better, stock for stock, he will most likely win. If both drivers are equal, it will be a neck to neck race most likely.

I'm not saying the ss/'sc is faster, i'm not saying its an uber fast car, its not, its quick car thats nice and fun to drive.

I felt queezy.
ok so we agree, so no more arguing amoungest the cobalt brother hood
Old 09-17-2008, 01:01 AM

Its all good. Like wise, I hope you didnt take anything to heart either. I like good debates. Like I said the eclipse is a good platform...just not my cup of tea. Everyone has their reasons to buying their car. The 4g is just starting to explore what it can and cant do...which is where the cobalt was a year or more ago. My point should be that there are plenty of 400-500whp cobalts out there that are reliable and proven. The RIPP kit is a good start for the eclipse and hopefully has opened the doors for more aftermarket support. 400whp is a great place of the 4g to start. My biggest question is how reliable is it? It seems like some owners are already having tuning issues with this kit regarding that. Hence why I argued that the cobalt has proven that it can handle those numbers and above reliably. The cobalt community is still learning where are cars stand with modding...we learn new stuff..it seems everyday. I can only hope that more aftermarket support comes for the 4g...otherwise who knows....this maybe where the performance ends for it. Look at where the 3g eclipse is. Thank god the 4g is leap and bounds above it. I have no problems with you defending your car....as I will with mine...but earlier it seemed you thought the eclipse was above the cobalt....which was what I didnt get because the cobalt has been there and done that. Overall I think these cars are evenly matched, stock and modded. After all this debacle all I can say is happy modding and keep us updated on where the 4g is headed.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:02 AM

ok so we agree, so no more arguing amoungest the cobalt brother hood
Agreed.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow this blew up
Old 09-17-2008, 01:06 AM

^^ and this amazes YOU
Old 09-17-2008, 01:06 AM

I felt queezy.
That made me feel queezy too.... I'm so jealous. The 09's already make more power than the 08's....crazy....
Old 09-17-2008, 01:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by evilgoat
^^ and this amazes YOU
hahah no just hope the beetle comment didn't upset anyone hahaha

Quick Reply: 4G Eclipse GT vs Cobalt SS/SC