War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

6.0 gto. killed.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 02:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chevysalesman614
i'm pretty sure he talks **** on every forum

FYI: cody did, at one time have a Cobalt SS S/C

People like SuperchargedSS make these forums fun and add some pep to my day!

And by the way keep in mind there is a difference between taking **** and knowing your ****. I know what I am talking about some of you grasshoppers just need to hop off mommy's tit and go explore and race in the real world.

SuperchargedSS ************* like you make owning a car like mine that much better. You prance up in your o'so ******* bad ecobox and try to start **** then get killed. Two days later you bitch how a GTO has to pick on 4 cylinders.

Sorry asshat but it is 2007 the number of cylinders a car has is no longer the deciding factor as to slow or fast.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:19 PM

Hahaha, you realize your being baited right?

Originally Posted by codyss
People like SuperchargedSS make these forums fun and add some pep to my day! .
That's pretty sad when a forum post peps up your day. ...

Originally Posted by codyss
SuperchargedSS ************* like you make owning a car like mine that much better. You prance up in your o'so ******* bad ecobox and try to start **** then get killed. Two days later you bitch how a GTO has to pick on 4 cylinders.

Sorry asshat but it is 2007 the number of cylinders a car has is no longer the deciding factor as to slow or fast.
No way... I didnt know that ...

When did I say I expected to "Prance" up to anything and beat it? . Your fabricating a scenario just to make your GTO sound faster than a cobalt, which is the point I am making. Like, no **** man...really, an LS2 is faster than a balt? I didnt know that ... wow...

I wouldnt roll up to a Ls2 with my bolt ons thinkin I will give em a run... get serious. Even if I did lose, whats the big deal? . I didnt buy the balt thinking I would be outrunning v8's it was just a nice suprise to yank a gt.

Also, I understand the ricer fly by's etc you guys get, as I get em all the time too. I am not talking about that. Ricers get what they get, they are retards if they come rolling up with nothing but a n/a vtech and fartcan thinking they will pull you... I am not even dissing your almighty GTO, although I would for sure go with something faster should I go V8... its not that hard to understand is it? Also if the balt is a pos ecobox, why do you feel you need to be here defending your ls2 against it? insecurity I would imagine...

Once again, I just think an ls2 pickin on a 4cyl is candy ass, as well as Ls2 owners having to justify their cars as being fast in a 4cyl chevy forum.

Last edited by SuperchargedSS; 11-13-2007 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-13-2007, 03:25 PM
Banned

The GTO is one of the faster v8's out there. And definately in the top 2 or 3 when it comes to being an N/a v8. Not to mention the price that one can be had for when comparing it to the other faster v8's.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Area47
my car is actually safer than yours sunshine.

show me a stock ss/sc or stage 2 ss/sc that can make a 70-140 mph pass and keep the egt temps below 1400 degree's.

oh wait, they can't

so you tell me, which car is going to live longer. one that can maintain a 12.0 afr at wot and hit maybe 1325 degree's on the egt after a 0-110 mph run.

or a stage 2 car that runs 10.8 afr. goes through the traps at 1550-1600 degree's.

just because my car is modded does not mean will not live.

Alrighty I'll make you a deal Area47.

You drive your car like you want for the next 2-3 years. I'll do the same to mine. At the end lets see who has more cost in repairs. (And breaking something then upgrading it does count as a repair!)

Deal? Because clearly your car is more reliable.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by SLoW SHO
The GTO is one of the faster v8's out there. And definately in the top 2 or 3 when it comes to being an N/a v8. Not to mention the price that one can be had for when comparing it to the other faster v8's.
Like...uh...F-Bodies??

Not trying to bash the GTO's, they are sharp, have alot of potential, and I almost got one, but the 04's are kind of a joke. The TBSS's are giving them a run for their money, and that's coming from a 5 thousand pound brick on wheels.

I do however, miss my Cobalt a bit because it's always nice to surprise people with how quick she was. Then again, it is pretty nice to surprise people with my tank too..

Either way, we are all GM people, why can't we all just get along??
Old 11-13-2007, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Grimlakin

You drive your car like you want for the next 2-3 years. I'll do the same to mine. At the end lets see who has more cost in repairs. (And breaking something then upgrading it does count as a repair!)

Originally Posted by 1gmfanatik
Like...uh...F-Bodies??

Not trying to bash the GTO's, they are sharp, have alot of potential, and I almost got one, but the 04's are kind of a joke. The TBSS's are giving them a run for their money, and that's coming from a 5 thousand pound brick on wheels.

I do however, miss my Cobalt a bit because it's always nice to surprise people with how quick she was. Then again, it is pretty nice to surprise people with my tank too..

Either way, we are all GM people, why can't we all just get along??
not me. (at least not until 2008.5 ) i'm the lone blue oval in this crowd

Last edited by chevysalesman614; 11-13-2007 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-13-2007, 04:10 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
i can do that. word of warning. i seriously doubt it will have the car in the 2 years anyways. as far as costs go. you really do not want to compare that.

if people do not stop bitching in this thread. i will delete it.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Area47
i don't have any recent 1/4 mile times. why? i really have no desire to run it. if i had slicks, axles, and a good clutch, im sure i could rip off a 12 pretty easy.

60's
pacesetter header
3 inch dp
3 inch cat back
k&n intake
water injection
cobra h/e
my personal tune
ttr solid mount phantom knock creator

the car put down 280/265. i backed it off since then. i think. i change it every could days so it's hard telling right now.

stage 2 cars are fun to pick on

I was there the day for that 280 run... believe me that goddamn car is fast as hell... his dumbed down tune is still faster than my 262 hp car!
Old 11-13-2007, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Grimlakin

i have had my car heavily modded for well over a year now and i can say without a doubt you have been in your dealer more times than i have been to mine. Last time i was there was when i bought the car 1.5 years ago. Don't give me bs about modded cars blow up, drivers make cars blow up
Old 11-13-2007, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by lsjwannabe
i have had my car heavily modded for well over a year now and i can say without a doubt you have been in your dealer more times than i have been to mine. Last time i was there was when i bought the car 1.5 years ago. Don't give me bs about modded cars blow up, drivers make cars blow up
I do agree, someone post up some of the stock Stage 2 logs, and Area throw up some of our logs, and see which is safer! GM's tune is scary as hell, I'm surprised more Stage 2 cars haven't blown up!
Old 11-13-2007, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by M-Dub
I do agree, someone post up some of the stock Stage 2 logs, and Area throw up some of our logs, and see which is safer! GM's tune is scary as hell, I'm surprised more Stage 2 cars haven't blown up!
OK OK OK. i KNOW THAT THIS IS GONNA RUB SOMEONE THE WRONG WAY. WHY THE **** DO YOU GUYS KEEP TALKING ABOUT WIDE BAND LOGS? First of all I am pretty sure that the engineers at GM know way more than any of us. PERIOD. Say whatever you want, but, the gm stg 2 tune is 10000000000000000000000000000000% safe. Stop spreading your hear say! I hate the fact that these posts keep sayin a gm stg 2 isnt safe, and even less safe with a 2.79 pulley. There are exception to EVERY rule, and set up, and ambient temps, and fuel, and elevation, etc............................................... ....... ASK yourself this Why would GM warranty the stage two if it wasnt tuned very safe? safe doesnt come from lean, its from running rich. And I dont know where you get this bad or skewed info but trust me, ( or dont i care) the GM stage 2 tune is VERY VERY richly tuned period! I can explain many diffrent facets of how and why but only about3% of this sites members would understand. PLUS the other 97% of the members would argue with me anyway despite the fact they are regurgitating info they HEARD, just to appear knowledgeable and intelligent. That being said, YES you can get a ss/sc tuned much better than GM does it. GM tunes for longevity, not for dialed in peak performance. THANK you.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by LUCKY333
OK OK OK. i KNOW THAT THIS IS GONNA RUB SOMEONE THE WRONG WAY. WHY THE **** DO YOU GUYS KEEP TALKING ABOUT WIDE BAND LOGS? First of all I am pretty sure that the engineers at GM know way more than any of us. PERIOD. Say whatever you want, but, the gm stg 2 tune is 10000000000000000000000000000000% safe. Stop spreading your hear say! I hate the fact that these posts keep sayin a gm stg 2 isnt safe, and even less safe with a 2.79 pulley. There are exception to EVERY rule, and set up, and ambient temps, and fuel, and elevation, etc............................................... ....... ASK yourself this Why would GM warranty the stage two if it wasnt tuned very safe? safe doesnt come from lean, its from running rich. And I dont know where you get this bad or skewed info but trust me, ( or dont i care) the GM stage 2 tune is VERY VERY richly tuned period! I can explain many diffrent facets of how and why but only about3% of this sites members would understand. PLUS the other 97% of the members would argue with me anyway despite the fact they are regurgitating info they HEARD, just to appear knowledgeable and intelligent. That being said, YES you can get a ss/sc tuned much better than GM does it. GM tunes for longevity, not for dialed in peak performance. THANK you.
Thanks for ruining my friends kill post with your whining! If you don't like it, don't click on this thread! kthxbi
Old 11-13-2007, 05:27 PM

Lucky doesn't know...he's just mad because I whip him at call of duty 4

jk

GM Stage 2 tune = Safe...VERY safe. No 5 ways about it. Is it the best tune for power? Nope...is it safe? You bet your sweet ass it is, otherwise they would NEVER warranty it. Period.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:30 PM

Squish just delete this thing... people don't like to be proven wrong and get their panties in a bunch so just delete it!
Old 11-13-2007, 05:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yup completely agree.

while its ugly, and some of it seems a little messy....
its very conservative and safe. ( i wont say VERY safe, because on 91 octane it will have some knock, on 93-94 its very safe)

and you cant fault them for that considering they are warrantying it.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:33 PM

knowing GM, its probably set up to go super lean right at 3 years or 36,000 miles

j/k this is supposed to be a war with GTO owners.. not a stage 2 tune debate. especially since the cobalt in the race dosent even have stage 2.

we can argue this all day long in a thread created for said arguement. go make it, if you want to talk about that.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:36 PM

[I]Sorry asshat but it is 2007 the number of cylinders a car has is no longer the deciding factor as to slow or fast.[/QUOTE][/I]

Complete contradiction!!! read it again! Cody. Why are you so beligerant about a ss/sc beating a gto? YOU are right stock they cant! Modded they can be way faster than a stock GTO. Speed costs money how fast can you afford to go? PLUS I do understand your frustration, BUT keep in mind the bulk of the members are pretty young on this site. YOU REALLY should look at a 4 banger tryin to race you as a complement to your car! They only **** with you cuz they want to compare thier modded 4 to a 8 cyl that they know is fast! On the other side of the coin, show a little respect for those who actually modded thier cars to even be close to your 8, more or less if a 4cyl car beats an 8. We all know that mod for mod, a built 4 cant beat a built 8 with similar mods! APPLES for APPLES.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:37 PM

Thank you Chevysalesman with a Cobra!

We are so WELL beyond Stage 2 this argument doesn't even matter!
Old 11-13-2007, 05:42 PM
Rent me! per hour

i hate to be a dick man, but what little you know about gm's tune, or what those injectors are capable of.

there is a fine line between running rich and being safe, and running rich and being in the danger zone. 11.3 is fine for afr. 10.0 is not. you're not trying to achieve 6.6 stoich with straight alcohol
Old 11-13-2007, 05:42 PM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can voice your opinions guys, but be civil & keep it on topic. This is about Area, his race, and his tune; not what your opinions on stg 2 is.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:43 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by M-Dub
Squish just delete this thing... people don't like to be proven wrong and get their panties in a bunch so just delete it!
you ignorant little worm! if you knew half what you think you do, I might actually care what you think! Go read a book! stop regurgitating your ignorance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You make guys like AREA that actually know something look bad just for aquainting themselves with your dumb ass!!!!!!!!!!!!! - sorry AREA no offense to you or any of your knowledgeable aquaintences.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:44 PM
Rent me! per hour

p.s. if you knew what those are injectors are capable of, and what they are being pushed to do. you would run and cry. how gm gets away with this, i have no idea.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree its to rich.

but if it was in the "danger zone"
then SRT4s, Cobalts, MS3s etc etc would all be having problems.
because they all come from the factory dumping fuel.
Rent me! per hour

you ignorant little worm! if you knew half what you think you do, I might actually care what you think! Go read a book! stop regurgitating your ignorance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You make guys like AREA that actually know something look bad just for aquainting themselves with your dumb ass!!!!!!!!!!!!! - sorry AREA no offense to you or any of your knowledgeable aquaintences.
lucky, calm down, he is a very good friend of mine, and actually does know something. it's ok. he is just commin in at my defense.

Anyway.... Squish, hey Me vs. Treefdy???