War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

6.0 gto vs tuned ss/tc

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 09:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6.0 gto vs tuned ss/tc

i am at work right now but as long as i don't get too lazy i will at least post the clips of the races tonight, we did 2 40 rolls, the gto had a tune (street i believe not a dyno tune), headers, exhaust and that is all he said (but i assume he had some form of an intake too cause who does all those mods without an intake lol)

1st run: we got to 40, i start to brake boost and he just goes lol i guess he thought that i was going (happened to me 3 times that night with three different cars lol) lol, anyway, we line back up 3 beeps and from the start i put him right at the back of my door. Than that ls2 motor kicks in and he starts gaining lol so i shift into forth and neither one of us pull, race goes to 120/125 (wherever our 4th ends i think it is 120)

results : cobalt (lost) at gto's back bumper/tire

2nd run: we got to 40 (again) i start to brake boost, i beep, we go again he falls back a lil but this time i mess up the no lift shift (still getting used to having to nls at 6100 cause my rpms can't keep with my motor lol, not exactly at least, and i found that nls at 6100 will make me chirp third sometimes lol) anyway that ls2 top end kicks in and a half a car gets put between us...... than he stops pullin again lol

results : cobalt lost by 1/2 a car

but even tho i lost i was very happy with what happened especially since i have a system in my car and me an my passenger weigh over 400lbs together (gto also had a passenger, at most him and his passenger weighed 350lbs lol but the car is much heavier so i guess all is fair )

ps i had a few other css members with me and i know one of them is waiting for the vids of him vs the stock si lol...... walked lol i will really attempt to get the vids up after work
Old 04-01-2009, 11:14 AM

No repsonses yet from anyone? Good run, that is about what I thought would happen with a bolt on tuned LS2 goat with a tuned TC after reading that other thread of what a tuned TC traps and runs. Good run! Next up for that goat, the magic stick!

Tyler
Old 04-01-2009, 11:15 AM

oh god this is too much to read this early in the morning !
Old 04-01-2009, 11:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
check if he was cammed man
Old 04-01-2009, 11:57 AM

This must be an april fools joke lol
Old 04-01-2009, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by TurbochargedFuture88
This must be an april fools joke lol
nah no joke agent007kimble (sp) was behind us and i (my passenger) filmed it

we ran last night not today lol

Originally Posted by amxguy1970
No repsonses yet from anyone? Good run, that is about what I thought would happen with a bolt on tuned LS2 goat with a tuned TC after reading that other thread of what a tuned TC traps and runs. Good run! Next up for that goat, the magic stick!

Tyler
well i ordered my catless dp from CIA yesterday afternoon..... so next time i run hopefully i will win

btw lol at the magic stick lol

Last edited by widowedeight; 04-01-2009 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-01-2009, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by reign1
check if he was cammed man
cammed!? haha i hope that was an april fools joke!

those LS2 goats are pretty impressive if you ask me, the LS1 goats well . . . [borat voice] not so much
Old 04-01-2009, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA

those LS2 goats are pretty impressive if you ask me, the LS1 goats well . . . [borat voice] not so much
yeah ls2>ls1 no doubt lol
Old 04-01-2009, 03:29 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
nice loss, i lost to one a few weekends ago by 1.5 cars from a 40 in my ss/sc, the goat wasn't tuned though.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:31 PM
Banned

cause my rpms can't keep with my motor ?????????????????

LOL n00bs
Old 04-01-2009, 03:46 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I used to own a yellow 2005 LS2 GTO with a tune, intake and catback and I was pretty quick but too heavy IMHO. 3725lbs. My TC is almost 1K lbs lighter, handles better by a big margin, stops faster and cost the same new as a used GTO. Oh, I forgot. My TC will own any stock or lightly modded GTO in a strait line too.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Terminator2
I used to own a yellow 2005 LS2 GTO with a tune, intake and catback and I was pretty quick but too heavy IMHO. 3725lbs. My TC is almost 1K lbs lighter, handles better by a big margin, stops faster and cost the same new as a used GTO. Oh, I forgot. My TC will own any stock or lightly modded GTO in a strait line too.
sounds like a sweet SS/TC you got man, and i agree, but not sure if you understood wrong, never did i say id take a GTO over a SS TC Cobalt, or that the GTO was even better for that matter. plus if i was gunna get anything like that i'd get a G8, there is a guy who ran a 13.1 or 13.0 with just a tune on LS1tech. impressive car if you ask me. plus 4 door and is large enough for a few buddies.

and if you are going for lightest, handles better, stops faster, and cost, and straight line performance i could name 5 or 6 cars that would out due your cobalt.

some people just plain like the GTO's and want one, even if they can get a better car for cheaper, that weights less, that handles better and goes in a straight line better.
its all a matter of personal prefference.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Banned

sounds like a sweet SS/TC you got man, and i agree, but not sure if you understood wrong, never did i say id take a GTO over a SS TC Cobalt, or that the GTO was even better for that matter. plus if i was gunna get anything like that i'd get a G8, there is a guy who ran a 13.1 or 13.0 with just a tune on LS1tech. impressive car if you ask me. plus 4 door and is large enough for a few buddies.

and if you are going for lightest, handles better, stops faster, and cost, and straight line performance i could name 5 or 6 cars that would out due your cobalt.

some people just plain like the GTO's and want one, even if they can get a better car for cheaper, that weights less, that handles better and goes in a straight line better.
Brand new for the same price ?
Old 04-01-2009, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Buddhaphish
cause my rpms can't keep with my motor ?????????????????

LOL n00bs
lol i ment to say stock rpm gauge is signifigantly faster so i have not gotten used to timing the nls lol i don't even know wtf ^^ that means lol so i am blaming it on the fact that i have to wake up natrually cause i gave up coffee for lent lol

yeah..... no that car doesn't exist yet lol

Last edited by widowedeight; 04-01-2009 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-01-2009, 04:56 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Name just one in the same price range. Under $25000. I dont think you can and please not Hyundai Genesis 2.0T no comparison on Acceleration in a stratline stock it is pitiful. Almost 7 seconds to sixty and 15.7 in the QM.
I did a ton of research before I bought this car and frankly it blows me away in almost ever area except the interior. For the money though from a performance perspective the TC Cobalt is unmached it its price category IMHO. It beat many cars that cost 2 and three times more on C&d's lightning lap. Heck with a better set of tires it could be alot quicker. Continential sportcontact 2s are not exactly the best performance tire out there. Just my opinion of the car. I have very high standards BTW. It is hard to complain about a car than performs as well as it does and still manages to get over 30 mpg on the hwy.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:09 PM

i never said brand new, he was comparing it to a used car. i was under the impression we just ment any car . . .

Name just one in the same price range. Under $25000. I dont think you can and please not Hyundai Genesis 2.0T no comparison on Acceleration in a stratline stock it is pitiful. Almost 7 seconds to sixty and 15.7 in the QM.
I did a ton of research before I bought this car and frankly it blows me away in almost ever area except the interior. For the money though from a performance perspective the TC Cobalt is unmached it its price category IMHO. It beat many cars that cost 2 and three times more on C&d's lightning lap. Heck with a better set of tires it could be alot quicker. Continential sportcontact 2s are not exactly the best performance tire out there. Just my opinion of the car. I have very high standards BTW. It is hard to complain about a car than performs as well as it does and still manages to get over 30 mpg on the hwy.

well since you compared your cobalt to a used GTO, i was thinking you ment any car like i stated above, but i'd say you are probably correct that no other 'NEW CAR' would be as fast or handle as well for the price.

i thought we were talking any car for any price and in that case is the case that i could name off several cars that would be cheaper and faster.

dont get me wrong i love the cobalts man especially the TC ones.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:11 PM

Not this again... We all know how you "upgraded" dude

BTW, it's 750 lbs difference and you get a 140 less HP, cramped quarters with worse seats among other things. I would love to see you "own" a full bolt on LS2, that is considered lightly modded because there is no engine work; and look what it took you to get there...

Tyler

PS, The base car starts at 24.3 with destination and loaded costs 26.3 with destination. Over 26k for an economy car is a bargin? Compared to Evo's and such yeah, but a few more K and you can upgrade to something better; like a 1SS Camaro!
Old 04-01-2009, 05:12 PM

i never said brand new, he was comparing it to a used car. i was under the impression we just ment any car . . .

well since you compared your cobalt to a used GTO, i was thinking you ment any car like i stated above, but i'd say you are probably correct that no other 'NEW CAR' would be as fast or handle as well for the price.

i thought we were talking any car for any price and in that case is the case that i could name off several cars that would be cheaper and faster.

dont get me wrong i love the cobalts man especially the TC ones.
i'm still waiting for the five or six lol
Old 04-01-2009, 05:21 PM

Not this again... We all know how you "upgraded" dude

BTW, it's 750 lbs difference and you get a 140 less HP, cramped quarters with worse seats among other things. I would love to see you "own" a full bolt on LS2, that is considered lightly modded because there is no engine work...

Tyler
thats kinda what i was getting at, if you were to put full bolt-on's on that LS2 like headers intake throttle body all that snazz it would haul ***** flat out. just the IRS makes it tougher to launch.

Originally Posted by widowedeight
i'm still waiting for the five or six lol

you kidding man? if we are talking used. . . i could make my car do all that for under 25k, an old fox body mustang, a old Eagle talon, a old WRX, for that matter you could get an old pinto and for 25k make it handle better, stop better, and accelerate in a straight line better.

like i said i didnt know we were talking about 'brand new' cars smart ass.

and i just read C&D's quickest cars of 2009 from 20,000-25,000K and the Mazda speed 3 won. . . granted they used a 4 door cobalt SS, not sure why but hey. . .

ohh and i forgot all about the dodge Caliber SRT4 . . . just googled some times. . . stock they have gone 13.5 . . now again im not cutting down the Cobalts im a GM guy and would take the cobalt over the Caliber, but you asked me to find some and i did.

whats the stock SS/TC running on average?
Old 04-01-2009, 05:27 PM

Was that GTO Blue?? If so, it's my boys... He's only running full exhaust, CAI, and a Diablo tune. Tune Time is going to be putting a cam in and a bangin dyno tune soon enough.

Good runs.. I'm gonna have to teach him NOT to run the SS/TC's and SS/SC's from 40/45 cause ya'll are in peak boost, and that's a weak spot for the LS series motors. MAY have been a little different from 50/55 or even 60mph.

Damn, I miss all the good stuff.. I woulda ran with my Blue Box on wheels. LOL!

thats kinda what i was getting at, if you were to put full bolt-on's on that LS2 like headers intake throttle body all that snazz it would haul ***** flat out. just the IRS makes it tougher to launch.

you kidding man? if we are talking used. . . i could make my car do all that for under 25k, an old fox body mustang, a old Eagle talon, a old WRX, for that matter you could get an old pinto and for 25k make it handle better, stop better, and accelerate in a straight line better.

like i said i didnt know we were talking about 'brand new' cars smart ass.

and i just read C&D's quickest cars of 2009 from 20,000-25,000K and the Mazda speed 3 won. . . granted they used a 4 door cobalt SS, not sure why but hey. . .
ohh and i forgot all about the dodge Caliber SRT4 . . . just googled some times. . . stock they have gone 13.5 . . now again im not cutting down the Cobalts im a GM guy and would take the cobalt over the Caliber, but you asked me to find some and i did.

whats the stock SS/TC running on average?

PLEASE do not start quoting Car and Driver and MotorTrend or whatever.. They suck at life, and drive worse. I can't comment on the stock times though..

Last edited by 1gmfanatik; 04-01-2009 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-01-2009, 05:50 PM

PS, The base car starts at 24.3 with destination and loaded costs 26.3 with destination. Over 26k for an economy car is a bargin? Compared to Evo's and such yeah, but a few more K and you can upgrade to something better; like a 1SS Camaro!
No one pays 26 for this car and if they do they got screwed...most are 20-24k...some can be had for quit a bit less.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:04 PM

its amazing, you could post a vid of a ss/tc beating a gto, and some have, and the gto guys STILL call bs

i imagine if the ss/tc had bolt ons along with the tune it would have won the race
Old 04-01-2009, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by glhs379
its amazing, you could post a vid of a ss/tc beating a gto, and some have, and the gto guys STILL call bs

i imagine if the ss/tc had bolt ons along with the tune it would have won the race
I don't recall seeing anything where any GTO guys were calling BS.. Relax there killer.. Credit is being given where credit is due.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by 1gmfanatik
I don't recall seeing anything where any GTO guys were calling BS.. Relax there killer.. Credit is being given where credit is due.
i was thinking the same thing haha.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by 1gmfanatik
i was thinking the same thing haha.

Quick Reply: 6.0 gto vs tuned ss/tc