War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

95 prelude si 5 speed vs. 06 ss/sc

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 05:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
95 prelude si 5 speed vs. 06 ss/sc

basically, i pull up to a red light... it's like 1 in the morning. nobody around, than this prelude newest gen. w.e. i dont know pulls up and revs his little lawn mower engine. i roll down my black tinted window and give him the thumbs down and smile. he rolls down his pos window and says **** you ****** ss stands for superslow... get a real import bitch... i simply say let your car back up your mouth. race me and shut up. he says ok. i roll back 1 car length to give him at least a little advantage. lol light turns green he is screaming his motor and gunning it like crazy. i half my half throttle in 1st to eliminate tire spin. i don't even get to go through fully in 2nd before i have 3 lengths on him... i put on my hazards to show that my fake import ate his real import... figuretively speaking of course. he doesnt say nothing he doesnt even stop for the next red light i was already stopping at to say you are the man i love your cobalt you know what i mean... he turned right and went home with his tail between his legs probably. i swear people and there honda's think since they have a loud pipe they can beat the world. i hope i see this guy again and i'll say... nice real import you have there. figured someone will get a kick out of this story... so for future refrence guys... if a honda pulls up next to you just roll down your window and give the thumbs down... roll it back up and turn. dont waste your gas like i did.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haha nice story. You're lucky he didn't try to fishtail you into the guardrail as you were going by out of desperation. He sounded pretty serious.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:55 PM

95 isnt the newest body style, if it was a 95 si it didnt have vtec. either way they are nice economy cars but not a race car by any means. dont waste your gas next time hahaha you should have let him beat you then raced for money and taken everything from him
Old 11-02-2008, 05:59 PM

the 95 prelude and 94 have vtec, they are low 15 second cars stock, easy beat for a SS/SC but a good race for a SS/NA
Old 11-03-2008, 07:57 AM

all i'm saying is that if you are in a gaylude with a loud pipe and a sweet intake... don't talk smack... like when we were waiting to turn.. his buddy from the stupid altima with stickers all over it says... HOWS YOUR BLOCK HOLDING UP!... to the gaylude... and he's like oh it's PERFECT. i'm like wow these are kids, i think i'll have to skool them. just remember guy's if you see any honda... it's a waste of gas. usually i'll be at the red light. and they pull up going winnng winnnnnnng winnnnng u know there motor sound.... i'll rev back.... boom turns green. i drive normally and they TAKE OFF lol they look like such @$$holes racing nobody.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by 06SS ALL DAY
all i'm saying is that if you are in a gaylude with a loud pipe and a sweet intake... don't talk smack... like when we were waiting to turn.. his buddy from the stupid altima with stickers all over it says... HOWS YOUR BLOCK HOLDING UP!... to the gaylude... and he's like oh it's PERFECT. i'm like wow these are kids, i think i'll have to skool them. just remember guy's if you see any honda... it's a waste of gas. usually i'll be at the red light. and they pull up going winnng winnnnnnng winnnnng u know there motor sound.... i'll rev back.... boom turns green. i drive normally and they TAKE OFF lol they look like such @$$holes racing nobody.
ANY Honda? You may want to rethink that. I ran into a boosted Civic that would give any 90% of the Cobalts out there an embarrassment.

I used to own an Acura and loved it. They bashed Cobalts and Neons. You guys bash Hondas. I know it's natural but it really is dumb to just blanket bash an entire car make.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:54 AM
Banned

Old 11-03-2008, 09:59 AM

ok ok... naturally aspirated honda? with the acception of a nsx and s2k. nsx are ugly and should be junked but are quick. and the s2k's are perfect cars as far as mazda miata's go... i mean honda s2000's. it just pisses me off that the ******* said "get a real import you ******" what part of chevy did this honda owner not understand?
Old 11-03-2008, 10:07 AM

Another ignorant honda/car owner who doesn't respect what other people have. Just remember they all aren't like that...
Old 11-03-2008, 10:09 AM

only good import (jap and chinese) STOCK are the rx7's/rx8's(for autocross etc..), s2k aka fast miata, integra gsr... hmmm anyone else think of any? stock american cars now... mustang gt, cobra, new gt500 cobra, saleen, cobalt SS/cobalt ss/sc/tc, chevy camaro, ford lightning, caddy cts-v, trailblazer ss, jeep srt 8, srt4... viper, dodge srt10 the truck? should i keep going.... hands down in order to have a fast import. you must swap, add, convert etc... on america's side. we usually sell our cars fast stock. oh i forgot about the acura rsx type s. i always wantd a type s before i bought my balt... but something about the cobalt just said "buy me baby you won't regret it" and ya know what... i dont regret it at all. it's been nothing but happiness over here guys. can anyone concur?

Originally Posted by BradSi
Another ignorant honda/car owner who doesn't respect what other people have. Just remember they all aren't like that...
let me make a correction... this guy was 17-18... with a sideways hat... i shulda asked him where to buy a sideways hat with a flat bill... it's usually the younger crowd that are all egotistical... imagine if someone gave you the thumbs down... would you flip out and curse etc... or would you keep your window shut and show up the other guy who gave you the thumbs down? i didn't say one word. i made one gesture and let my car do the talking

Last edited by 06SS ALL DAY; 11-03-2008 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-03-2008, 10:12 AM

meh. I wouldn't have even looked over. Happened to me a few times. If I would have said something though, it probably would have been along the lines of, "So, are you just naturally gay, or you just trying really hard?"
Old 11-03-2008, 10:18 AM

lol your a nut Brad... but you know what i mean. did he even really have to rev his motor or anything? and when his friend said how is your block... he replied perfect? like his car wasn't even fast but than again his block is holding up perfect like there was work done? idk man. next time someone rev's there motor at me, unless they have a beard... i'm turning away from them.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by BigEMU1
Haha nice story. You're lucky he didn't try to fishtail you into the guardrail as you were going by out of desperation. He sounded pretty serious.
like in initial D hahah
Old 11-03-2008, 10:35 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Dude...you started off wrong. Why would you give a fellow enthusiast the thumbs down? You lowered yourself to ******* status right there.

Yeah, grats on your kill, but no class, sportsmanship or respect for another auto enthusiast. Next time give him the thumbs up and say "Nice car bro, its clean." or something like that. They will probably show you the same respect and you may even be able to make a friend.

PS Brad....I still hate you and your overly clean car. :P
Old 11-03-2008, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake

PS Brad....I still hate you and your overly clean car. :P
I know. I hate you and your silver snake. Ok, that sounded bad.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by BradSi
I know. I hate you and your silver snake. Ok, that sounded bad.
LAWL
Old 11-03-2008, 11:17 AM

I used to have an RSX-S. Now an 08 SS.

I see people in all kinds of cars doing the same ****.. from civics, to Mustang GTs to Dodge Rams.

Good kill! I would have done the same. I kind of did. Yesterday some kid in a Probe GT revved twice at me. Had his girl with him. I let him go first and just laid into 2nd gear a bit - all it took.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake
Dude...you started off wrong. Why would you give a fellow enthusiast the thumbs down? You lowered yourself to ******* status right there.

Yeah, grats on your kill, but no class, sportsmanship or respect for another auto enthusiast. Next time give him the thumbs up and say "Nice car bro, its clean." or something like that. They will probably show you the same respect and you may even be able to make a friend.
x2

hazzards are super-ricer-style-ninja slap. Seriously, sell the cobalt. I only do hazzards to my friends as a joke of how stupid it is. Hate douches.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:53 AM

the lude wasn't clean from what i seen... interior was stripped etc... i hardly lowered myself... i spoke the truth with my thumb... hey phantom i loooove your signature lmao pinks....
Old 11-03-2008, 12:12 PM
Banned

Speaking of Honda Preludes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My buddy bought one back in like 2004 a 97 with 67k on the clock.

He bought it for $8,500 dollars in "Mint" Condition

Since then he has invested over 20k into the car

He has replaced

Engine - Replaced once - Rebuilt once

Transmission- Replaced 2x

Timming gears - About 5x

Alternator 2x

Estimated cost of car including repairs and loan interest- $22,217.00

He sent me the numbers 67k - 120k Mileage period.

He now wants to sell it for $4,000

LMFAO
Old 11-03-2008, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by 06SS ALL DAY
the lude wasn't clean from what i seen... interior was stripped etc... i hardly lowered myself... i spoke the truth with my thumb... hey phantom i loooove your signature lmao pinks....
Still showed disrespect and showed that you're a bit of a jerk. I bet you would be awfully pissy if some 600 whp STi came up to you, with 4 people in his car, started laughing at you and gave you the thumbs down. You'd be pretty upset/butt hurt about it. Treat people like you want to be treated.

I kinda want a turbo'ed H22 Prelude to whomp you, then give you the thumbs down. Then you'll know how it feels.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:36 PM
I'm too JDM for you

let a boosted k20 hatch roll up on you one day. thats a mid 10 second car. cant wait to build mine when i get back home from school. also, i would never start **** with someone i didnt know at a red light, too many crazy ass people in this world
Old 11-03-2008, 01:45 PM

My best friend has a 95 prelude 2.3L non Vtec 230,000 miles original motor w/ intake and i have a 07 ss/na auto full boltons and he gave me a run for my money... but after the tune i walk all over him
Old 11-03-2008, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by _UnLiMiTeD_
the 95 prelude and 94 have vtec, they are low 15 second cars stock, easy beat for a SS/SC but a good race for a SS/NA
not the si's that generation si cars were the 2.3 block non vtec with better suspension pieces and really short gears, but they still did 155. it was a track car and pretty good at it, just a little over 2800 pounds. with an almost 50-50 weight transfer. the 2.3 had 160hp and 160tq the vtec had 190hp. the vtec ones run low to flat 15's. with a great driver in the prelude and a crappy one in a ss/sc i could see it being a close race
Old 11-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BLAZIN07SS
let a boosted k20 hatch roll up on you one day. thats a mid 10 second car. cant wait to build mine when i get back home from school. also, i would never start **** with someone i didnt know at a red light, too many crazy ass people in this world

Don't start **** with people at stop lights ? FTW.. Start **** .. If asking to race is starting **** you would have to be the biggest ***** on this earth who is affraid to loose.

B20 .. WHAT IS THIS KID TALKING ABOUT !!!!

How many times are you gunna run 10 second 1/4ths ? ONCE !!! You obviously havent seen the dudes sig with the pinks episode or watched it.

You may run 10's a few passes before your little hampster runs out of breath.

B20 average run with more then 400 HP non stock internals is 10 passes ..

WOW!

here is a reminder on B-20 POWER!!

Quick Reply: 95 prelude si 5 speed vs. 06 ss/sc