War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Amazed a Mazdaspeed 3

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 01:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Amazed a Mazdaspeed 3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is my first actual race with a MS3. LOL, well I was on the way to work, left real early to run into the BX. As I was walking out I saw the Speed 3 backing out of the space a couple spots up from me. So I ran to the car and chased him down. We get off base and are heading down this road towards the dealerships.

He doesn't notice me following him until I get up beside him at a light. But there were cars in front of us so we just kind of rolled off the light put it in 2nd and then I heard him pound it, so I step on it and pull past like he wasn't on it, so I figured he just pumped the gas for a sec or 2 and let out.

The next light I'm in the far left lane he's in the far right. There is a truck in the middle lane. I had his attention now though and I knew when the light went green that we were going for it. Unfortunately the roads are real nasty with sand and salt right now.

So we both are throttling the cars out of the hole on the green and then we both short shift into 2nd at the same time, only he gets traction and I'm still just boiling the tires. I get up to 60 with smoke just pouring from the tires and I have half a car on him so I back the throttle out a tad and the tires grab all of a sudden. I instantly put like 3-4 cars on him from 60-80 shift to 3rd and let out.

I slow down and he gets up beside me and gives me 2 thumbs up with the window down and yelling, "that thing is ******* fast!!!!!!". I yell to him "good run" and I give him a thumbs up for entertaining me. Then he takes the next right up into a neighborhood. I turn around and head back to work.

My thought process, I thought those MS3's were supposed to be pretty fast and hang with a modded cobalt ss/sc pretty well. I guess only if you are having massive traction problems then they do. LOL Pretty good fun for my first race against a MS3. Now I need to find a Caliber SRT-4.

CLIFF NOTES: Held a half a car boiling the tires off up to 60 on a stock MS3, then caught traction and walked him like a dog. me = not impressed.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they are very fast i got smashed by one with alot of bolt ons...from a 30 roll, but he was brake boosting so idk i wish i would have raced him heads up
Old 12-07-2008, 03:34 AM

I love it when that happens. Makes me smile like no other.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:30 AM

I've only seen two MS3's at my local track, both were stock, and they were both running 14.1 @ about 101-102, so they are pretty quick stock but a decently modified SC can easily take them.

I have heard they can be deadly with mods though, so a modded MS3 would probably put up a better fight, but Ralli's car is pretty quick for an SC, so who knows how they would do against him.

Kevin
Old 12-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by OntarioKev
a decently modified SC can easily take them.

I have heard they can be deadly with mods though, so a modded MS3 would probably put up a better fight, but Ralli's car is pretty quick for an SC, so who knows how they would do against him.

Kevin
a properly modded MS3 would vandalize an equally modded SS/SC....SS/SC need meth just to hit a 110 trap...
Old 12-07-2008, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by lVlemphizStylez
a properly modded MS3 would vandalize an equally modded SS/SC....SS/SC need meth just to hit a 110 trap...
Truth

However ms3s aren't too quick. 60 roll it's hard to put more than 2 cars without meth. 40 roll a stage 2 would hang pretty close until 80

Suprised the ms3 didn't overtake you as 60-80 for them is sex.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:34 AM

idk i ran one with a manual boost controller on 17 psi and no cat from a 40 and beat it by about 1 to 1.5 cars... and i was gonna keep pulling it seemed..... traffic got in the way... my cousin has a mustang that runs with me and he get ass raped by one.... like3 - 4 cars... good kill
Old 12-08-2008, 02:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
there were a few at the 1/8th mile this past year when i was there, they were not running anything close to me, but then again, I was on slicks and they were on street tires. So maybe they'll be back out next season. Then I'll have a vid of them getting destroyed at the track. lol. Just like the srt in the vid of my 13.2 pass. lol.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:09 AM

Personally, I'm not afriad of anyone from a dig when rolling in the Sy. Now, when I'm rolling in the FWD car, forget it. I love out launching Evos and Stis