War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Another for the LS

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another for the LS

So word is spreading around work that I have my Cobalt LS, and that it actually isn't that slow of a car. Now more people that have put more money into their cars are wanting to race.

Today was a guy in the tire shop with me, who owns an ES Lancer. He's done the basic bolt ons, i/e, header, had a giant ricer wing (then realized it was stupid and took it off), and now he's got a carbon deck lid, and is getting a carbon hood. For the race he took everything out of his car except his seats.

Okay so we line up no traffic, two lanes.

He says "How far do ya wanna go?"

I say "Till 90-ish."

Light goes green. He jumps me about half a car, cause I still need to get rid of my crap continentals. I spin through 2000rpms (thats taking it easy), and then grip, and grip good. I get to about 4000rpms and I'm even again. Next thing I know, I hear him shift and I'm still at about 5500rpms and have a half car in first. So I shift at 6200rpms, and I just pull and pull and pull till I'm at about 90mph, and he's a football field behind.

Now honestly I thought that would have been a decent race, but I guess not. He says something about him messing up. But its an automatic. Pft. Ricers

So now we go from a roll at 40mph. I'm not looking at him, expecting honks, and he does 1, 2, 3 on his fingers and goes, I realize just as he's going. Oh well, he gets a full car and then here I go and reel him in and blow by.

Last one from 55mph. This time I tell him, I'm gonna give you one full car and wait till you go. I wait, and I guess he goes, but then I'm on him and again flying by and letting him see only Oo oO (taillights).

So then I slow down, and he says, "Man, you have more torque, a lot more torque!"

I say "I know."

He turns off to the right, and I go left.

Cliff Notes: I raced a 2003 Lancer ES, i/e, header, carbon trunk

Race 1: From a stop to 90-I had a football field,

Race 2: From 40 to about 80- 3-4 cars,

Race 3: From 55 I give him a car and say I'll play catchup- 5 cars.

Cobalt: 3 Lancer: 0
Old 03-10-2007, 09:38 PM

no surprise, they were 120hp stock. But nice to see the 2.2Ls beating the competiton.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:33 PM
Banned

kool man i just took a 2000ish saturn. and it was like that. just pulled and pulled and pulled on him. lol awsome kill. 2.2 FTW!!!

btw i like the cobalt impression tailights.

\-------/ <-----btw i added the wing lol cause i got the ss wing
Oo . oO