War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

another mush-tang kill

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 02:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sensesfail99
the caliber srt4 is suppose to be a monster. I dont remember where I read, but i think i read that they might not be able to release it with as much power as they wanted because it keeps breaking stuff. theyre ugly ass hell though.... i just like the removable ceiling light thing!
my winter car is the caliber r/t. they keept dragin their feet on the SRT
Old 03-02-2007, 03:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
V6 stang owners have ALWAYS been like that. A friend of mine after high school had a GT, don't remember what year though. She constantly had people telling her "Aw, that thing's a total waste of money. Hell, with $xxx I could smoke that thing like it was nothing. The v6 just has so much more potential." Thing was they never had anything done to them anyway!
Old 03-02-2007, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by alleycat58
V6 stang owners have ALWAYS been like that. A friend of mine after high school had a GT, don't remember what year though. She constantly had people telling her "Aw, that thing's a total waste of money. Hell, with $xxx I could smoke that thing like it was nothing. The v6 just has so much more potential." Thing was they never had anything done to them anyway!
The V6 does have good potential if you want to go that way... just as much potential as the GT actually if you boost the stock longblock on each, but to bash someone for starting with a GT over a V6 is pretty dumb... no doubt about it.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Blainestang
The V6 does have good potential if you want to go that way... just as much potential as the GT actually if you boost the stock longblock on each, but to bash someone for starting with a GT over a V6 is pretty dumb... no doubt about it.
10-4, I've been doing a little research on the 2005+ V6 stangs.
Someone rigged one with a turbocharger and they're running mid 12's in it.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by monkeiboy
10-4, I've been doing a little research on the 2005+ V6 stangs.
Someone rigged one with a turbocharger and they're running mid 12's in it.
Yeah, neither of the V6's are going to catch their V8 counterparts w/ just bolt-ons, but they both seem to take to boost well and hold up well doing it. There's a turbo automatic 3.8 w/ the stock heads, cam, internals, block, etc that's running 10.9@127 or so. Basically, he just put a little suspension on there and threw on a custom turbo and tuned it really well. I think he's making 450-500whp on the totally stock engine boosted to 17psi.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:39 PM

For whatever reason I've never had a V6 Mustang try to race me,but I have talked to some dumb MF'ers that own them.BTW +1 about the dude not knowing **** about Mustangs,the 94-95 Cobras are slow ass cars,mid to high 14s,and every V8 Mustang made after '99 is faster,manual or automatic.For some reason people still think 5.0s are god and far better than the 4.6.They are better than the pathetic 96-98 npi 4.6s,but thats it.5.0s can be made fast as hell for not alot of money[much cheaper than a 4.6],but in stock or near stock trim they don't have much at all.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:27 PM

not really. 400RWHP is the safe mark for the new edge GTs, 450RWHP is when stuff starts breaking. it's about 50RWHP more on the 05+ GTs. that's not really a whole lot of potential when ya think about it. you can get there with a blower and intercooler and you're pretty much done.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:34 PM
Banned

in response

"Do you know ANYTHING about Mustangs? There are TONS of Mustangs that are faster than a "5.0 SVT," which I assume means a 93-95 Cobra. Those cars ran low 14's or so, maybe not even that fast for the 94-95's. Either way, 99-04 GT's are just as fast, any 96-98 4.6L Cobra is faster, the 99 and 01 Cobra's are faster, 03-04 Mach 1's are MUCH faster, 03-04 Cobra's are so much faster it's not even funny, '05+ GT's are faster, and it's hardly even worth mentioning the '07 GT500. In fact, with some bolt-ons, '05+ V6 Mustang's are running deep into the 14's with the 5.0 Cobra's."

u must not know much about mustangs considering that a svt mustang is supercharged and with some tuning and pulley swaps u can run quarter miles in the high 12's.... so get ur **** strait... im not down playing mustangs.. my uncle owns one, my dad owns one, my grandfather has own so many i cant count on all my fingers and toes.... ive owned 2 one being a 89 mustang 5.0 fox body with Kenne Bell supercharger pushing 22 lbs of boost. and the other one was a 95 mustang 5.0 " last year of the 5.0" that my father and my uncle helped me convert in to a svt mustang that also pushed 20 lbs of boost.. in in terms of fast mustangs i think that the svt is one of the only stock mustangs worth talking about aside from the ones i mention and the saleen..

thats my stance as a mustang fan...

dont question me i just might have to school u about life next

Last edited by nramlow2006; 03-02-2007 at 11:25 PM.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:12 PM

Not to start a fight here but you must not know a whole lot about SVTs or mustangs in general because the only SVT that came factory supercharged is the 03/04 Cobra and the new 07 Shelby GT500 and both those cars run low 12s stock. You add a pulley and tune and your in the 11s with an 03/04 and 10s in a Shelby. Also KBs cant even make that much boost they absolutley max out at 18 psi and to get that you have to have one BUILT MOTOR and a Flowzila KB. Dont call people out and call them idiots when your posting wrong **** yourself.

93 SVT Cobra - 15.0 - 14.5
94-95 SVT Cobra - 14.5 - 14.0
96-98 SVT Cobra - 14.0-13.8
99-01 SVT Cobra - 13.9- 13.5
03-04 SVT CObra - 12.9-12.5
07+ Shelby GT500 - 12.5-12.3

As you can see any thing before the 03/04 Cobras really werent that fast.

Also you cant convert a car to an SVT, it is one or it is't, you can make a replica though.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 04YellowGT
Not to start a fight here but you must not know a whole lot about SVTs or mustangs in general because the only SVT that came factory supercharged is the 03/04 Cobra and the new 07 Shelby GT500 and both those cars run low 12s stock. You add a pulley and tune and your in the 11s with an 03/04 and 10s in a Shelby. Also KBs cant even make that much boost they absolutley max out at 18 psi and to get that you have to have one BUILT MOTOR and a Flowzila KB. Dont call people out and call them idiots when your posting wrong **** yourself.

Also you cant convert a car to an SVT, it is one or it is't, you can make a replica though.
it was a flowzila kb and i guess u could call it a replica...
Old 03-02-2007, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by nramlow2006
u must not know much about mustangs considering that a svt mustang is supercharged
Oh, really?... actually only the 03-04 Cobra's are supercharged, stock... not the MUCH slower '95 5.0 Cobra.

and with some tuning and pulley swaps u can run quarter miles in the high 12's....
High 12's with a pulley swap!?!?! Try mid 12's BONE STOCK. My friend's bone stock '03 Cobra went 12.9@113 and made 371whp. Wrong again...

so get ur **** strait...
How bout you just let me know when you actually post some correct information before you start talking trash about mine.

im not down playing mustangs.. my uncle owns one, my dad owns one, my grandfather has own so many i cant count on all my fingers and toes.... ive owned 2 one being a 89 mustang 5.0 fox body with Kenne Bell supercharger pushing 22 lbs of boost. and the other one was a 95 mustang 5.0 " last year of the 5.0" that my father and my uncle helped me convert in to a svt mustang that also pushed 20 lbs of boost..
YAY!!! Your family's owned some Mustangs... If you want to play that game, I own 3 right now... but since you've already proved that owning Mustangs doesn't mean you actually know jack about them, we'll get back to talking about actual information...

in in terms of fast mustangs i think that the svt is one of the only stock mustangs worth talking about aside from the ones i mention and the saleen..
Stock, the amazing '95 SVT Cobra isn't that fast at all. In fact, like others have said, and GT 99 or newer is as fast, and the newer Cobra's and Machs would demolish it. So, how is it that the '95 Cobra is "worth talking about" but all the other cars faster than it aren't? Interesting...

dont question me i just might have to school u about life next
Oh, I would NEVER question your Mustang knowledge... It speaks for itself.

Originally Posted by nanaki
not really. 400RWHP is the safe mark for the new edge GTs, 450RWHP is when stuff starts breaking. it's about 50RWHP more on the 05+ GTs. that's not really a whole lot of potential when ya think about it. you can get there with a blower and intercooler and you're pretty much done.
I'm confused. Are we agreeing? I said that when boosting the stock longblock, the GT's and V6's have similar potential. I talked about the guy with the 450-500whp V6, and that's the same stock longblock potential for the GT's. Neither have Terminator-like potential with the stock longblock, but 400whp+ is pretty good... especially for something in the same class as a V6 Mustang. That's all I'm saying is that the V6 and GT have similar power potential before something breaks, which I think we're in agreement with.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:08 AM
Banned

Stock, the amazing '95 SVT Cobra isn't that fast at all. In fact, like others have said, and GT 99 or newer is as fast, and the newer Cobra's and Machs would demolish it. So, how is it that the '95 Cobra is "worth talking about" but all the other cars faster than it aren't? Interesting...

i will agree with u on that but from the block stand point the 5.0 is a thing of beauty... you can do so much with it and its built like a tank..
Old 03-03-2007, 12:29 AM

i will agree with u on that but from the block stand point the 5.0 is a thing of beauty... you can do so much with it and its built like a tank..
Yeah, I'll be dropping a stroker 5.0... a 347 to be exact... in my '93 Notchback when I get the chance, so I definitely agree that the 5.0 engine is an awesome platform for performance... and it's cheap, too, which is definitely a bonus. ... although, the actual "block" that comes stock, isn't THAT strong. 500whp is about the limit, and a lot of guys lose the block long before that. Not that you can't make more power on the stock block, but you're on borrowed time for sure if you're making 500whp+.

Anyway, glad we could agree on something
Old 03-03-2007, 12:33 AM
Banned

Yeah, I'll be dropping a stroker 5.0... a 347 to be exact... in my '93 Notchback when I get the chance, so I definitely agree that the 5.0 engine is an awesome platform for performance... and it's cheap, too, which is definitely a bonus.
ahhhhhh.. common ground... i have a friend who has that exact engine and its *******.. he hasnt putt it in his car yet..
Old 03-03-2007, 01:34 AM

thats a fact.... ive taken 2 v6 mustangs both being mid 90's with one being auto and the other manual... the auto was not comp. but the manual gave me a run for my money... but at the end of the run i was a car up on him

god i hope the guys in the mustang forums are reading this im sure they are all like..." are cars are unstoppable hahahaha "

news flash i had a 5.0 svt thats is the only mustang worth talking about .. well i take that back.. older boss 302's and shelby's included
Okay so I saw this thread with Mustang in the title and thought I am not reading that. And then I did.

I really don't know a whole lot about 5.slows, or the svt ones, but you mention older boss 302's and shelbys. Why do people throw out the boss 302 when it really wasn't that fast. 14.8 with stock tires isn't fast in my book. Sure it could handle for a muscle car, but muscle is about the straight line. Even the Shelby's weren't that fast. Everyone sees the movie Gone in 60 Seconds and goes ohh now that's a fast car. The 67 shelby GT-500 (the car in the movie) was a 14.6 second car, and the 68 GT-500KR was only 14.3. I would say the most notable Mustang would probably be the 1969 Boss 429 or 1969 Mach 1 428 Cobra Jet. The Boss ran 14.0@103. Now the Mach 1 was faster than the 429 and ran 13.9 @103mph. But don't be fooled, the 429 is one of the best blocks ever made. It had semi-hemi heads, 4 bolt mains, forged steel crank, header style exhaust manifolds, and the list goes on. Basically a race engine. The Boss outweighed the Mach 1 by almost 300lbs, and the engine was used by Nascar, and drag racers. The block with the right engine builder could become a 800 hp beast n/a. And in the time when almost all parts were cast, you have to admit that was a good motor that made a great car.

By the way all of these times were with stock trim. Steel wheels, and bias ply tires that were about as skinny as civics. The widest that anyone could get factory on a muscle car from that era was about a 225. Throw on a good set of new age DR's with lightweight wheels, and you get a good half second or more off of that time.

But since we stepped back into Ford history, I would like to jog your memories about a stock Ford car that would put every one of us to shame. Reintroducing the 1964 Ford Thunderbolt! A 427, stuffed into the midsize Fairlane. Many front end mods, 8 equal length exhaust headers snaked through the suspension. High rise manifold, and raised hood, hurst 4 speed 4.44 gears, asymmetrical rear springs, trunk mounted 95lb bus battery(to put that power to the ground), plexiglass windows, fiberglass front body panels, bumpers, and doors. And nothing inside but super lightweight police package buckets, and the rear bench. Just engine, frame, driver, and a big battery in back. A beast of a car. And putting out about 500hp, this car ran 11.76 at 122.7mph. Again in factory tires.

Have a nice day.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by SS4ME
That guy was talking smack to me saying his V6 Mustang would rape me from a dig! He may have gotten me for like the first 20ft. then it would be all taillights for him. I guess that was his attempt to try and show me up?
i dont think i have ever tlaked to you in my life, let alone raced you. good job lying to the whole forum tho!

Originally Posted by Red2.4SS/SC
all i know is that 8cd3egro or whatever his name is used to be a hardcore mustang v-6 **** talker then someone in the 2.2 beat him 6 times and made a thread about it , havent heard from the kid since, probably traded in his v-6 crustang for a vtak
yea beat me in the winter....when i had summer tires on spinning all the way thru the top of second, on a side street behind the mall where i almost hit another car head on. and it was a friendly race, and i admit i lost. I know the kid and we have no problems, it was fun. did you even see the video of when we raced in good conditions earlier this year....yea the one where my friend and i both in v6's totally dissapeared from view of TWO 2.2's? I have talked to the kid since, but there has been no **** talking until, what a surpise, it comes from one of you guys! You guys will cry if you go ot the stang forums and see that there are more than 4 or 5 s197 6's running faster times on street tires on the stock block than any balt on the forums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80LDT...elated&search=

listen....barely any tire spin. everyone got a good launch, and there were 4 cars so this is a pretty good depiction of what will usually happen. I am not a very good driver and i don't pretend to be either, so my launches are very inconsistant as i launch very rarely, and have only been driving a stick for like...6 months.

notice it is ALWAYS the cobalt guys here to start **** with the mustang owners, then you guys talk about how much the mustang guys troll? i am not even just defending mustangs here, somebody actually is trying to be offensive to ME specifically, great job guys, maybe you should merge with clubrsx.com.

i'd be interested to see a stock cobalt anything put down these types of numbers at any boost on the stock block in any of the three trims. good luck running with that on the stock block/tranny with any setup, and btw, it's been proven safe to run 11-12psi on that kit in a daily driven car, so good luck cobalt guys, but im sure the v6's can never be as fast as a cobalt! don't think it's safe to boost a stock 4.0? well i think caroll shelby may disagree (see the cs6).

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/9...e4016946bd.htm

stop talking **** when you have no idea what you are talking about, and don't make up **** about other members of the forums (ss4me) it just makes you look like an idiot.

Last edited by 8cd03gro; 03-03-2007 at 02:20 AM.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
i dont think i have ever tlaked to you in my life, let alone raced you. good job lying to the whole forum tho!

yea beat me in the winter....when i had summer tires on spinning all the way thru the top of second, on a side street behind the mall where i almost hit another car head on. and it was a friendly race, and i admit i lost. I know the kid and we have no problems, it was fun. did you even see the video of when we raced in good conditions earlier this year....yea the one where my friend and i both in v6's totally dissapeared from view of TWO 2.2's? I have talked to the kid since, but there has been no **** talking until, what a surpise, it comes from one of you guys! You guys will cry if you go ot the stang forums and see that there are more than 4 or 5 s197 6's running faster times on street tires on the stock block than any balt on the forums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80LDT...elated&search=

listen....barely any tire spin. everyone got a good launch, and there were 4 cars so this is a pretty good depiction of what will usually happen. I am not a very good driver and i don't pretend to be either, so my launches are very inconsistant as i launch very rarely, and have only been driving a stick for like...6 months.

notice it is ALWAYS the cobalt guys here to start **** with the mustang owners, then you guys talk about how much the mustang guys troll? i am not even just defending mustangs here, somebody actually is trying to be offensive to ME specifically, great job guys, maybe you should merge with clubrsx.com.

i'd be interested to see a stock cobalt anything put down these types of numbers at any boost on the stock block in any of the three trims. good luck running with that on the stock block/tranny with any setup, and btw, it's been proven safe to run 11-12psi on that kit in a daily driven car, so good luck cobalt guys, but im sure the v6's can never be as fast as a cobalt! don't think it's safe to boost a stock 4.0? well i think caroll shelby may disagree (see the cs6).

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/9...e4016946bd.htm

stop talking **** when you have no idea what you are talking about, and don't make up **** about other members of the forums (ss4me) it just makes you look like an idiot.

i dont think that these guys are talking **** persay... and i do agree with u that there are a few fast s197 6's ... there are a few mustangs that shouldnt even be mustangs...like the old 4 cyl. ... now if ur talking newer mustangs the new v6's are rather fast compared to the early to mid 90's v6's that where slower then poo for a mustang... i dont think people are trying to start a forum war they are stating some facts and a majority there thought on this subject... everybody feels differently about different cars...
Old 03-03-2007, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Archie
Okay so I saw this thread with Mustang in the title and thought I am not reading that. And then I did.

I really don't know a whole lot about 5.slows, or the svt ones, but you mention older boss 302's and shelbys. Why do people throw out the boss 302 when it really wasn't that fast. 14.8 with stock tires isn't fast in my book. Sure it could handle for a muscle car, but muscle is about the straight line. Even the Shelby's weren't that fast. Everyone sees the movie Gone in 60 Seconds and goes ohh now that's a fast car. The 67 shelby GT-500 (the car in the movie) was a 14.6 second car, and the 68 GT-500KR was only 14.3. I would say the most notable Mustang would probably be the 1969 Boss 429 or 1969 Mach 1 428 Cobra Jet. The Boss ran 14.0@103. Now the Mach 1 was faster than the 429 and ran 13.9 @103mph. But don't be fooled, the 429 is one of the best blocks ever made. It had semi-hemi heads, 4 bolt mains, forged steel crank, header style exhaust manifolds, and the list goes on. Basically a race engine. The Boss outweighed the Mach 1 by almost 300lbs, and the engine was used by Nascar, and drag racers. The block with the right engine builder could become a 800 hp beast n/a. And in the time when almost all parts were cast, you have to admit that was a good motor that made a great car.

By the way all of these times were with stock trim. Steel wheels, and bias ply tires that were about as skinny as civics. The widest that anyone could get factory on a muscle car from that era was about a 225. Throw on a good set of new age DR's with lightweight wheels, and you get a good half second or more off of that time.

But since we stepped back into Ford history, I would like to jog your memories about a stock Ford car that would put every one of us to shame. Reintroducing the 1964 Ford Thunderbolt! A 427, stuffed into the midsize Fairlane. Many front end mods, 8 equal length exhaust headers snaked through the suspension. High rise manifold, and raised hood, hurst 4 speed 4.44 gears, asymmetrical rear springs, trunk mounted 95lb bus battery(to put that power to the ground), plexiglass windows, fiberglass front body panels, bumpers, and doors. And nothing inside but super lightweight police package buckets, and the rear bench. Just engine, frame, driver, and a big battery in back. A beast of a car. And putting out about 500hp, this car ran 11.76 at 122.7mph. Again in factory tires.

Have a nice day.
Very true but your talking about a car that only 106 were built in 3 years. Not that many people know about that car and doesn't have the histor the Mustang has. The funny thing is really no Muscle car was fast back then yea there were a few but 14s were the norm in these car unless you modifed the car your self which many did.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 04YellowGT
Very true but your talking about a car that only 106 were built in 3 years. Not that many people know about that car and doesn't have the histor the Mustang has. The funny thing is really no Muscle car was fast back then yea there were a few but 14s were the norm in these car unless you modifed the car your self which many did.
that thunderbolt sounds like ford went a little over kill.... hahaha it sounds like a superbird..
Old 03-03-2007, 12:23 PM

http://secure.hop.com/

Do you remember me now? I never said I raced you, all I said is you were talking smack about beating me from a dig. Talk about being an IDIOT! It's nice to hear someone in an SS kicked your ass though!
Old 03-03-2007, 04:54 PM

That guy was talking smack to me saying his V6 Mustang would rape me from a dig! He may have gotten me for like the first 20ft. then it would be all taillights for him. I guess that was his attempt to try and show me up?
passed tense would mean it happened. What was my attempt to try to show you up? There was never an attempt to "show you up," saying this implies that we raced.
Old 03-03-2007, 05:29 PM

passed tense would mean it happened. What was my attempt to try to show you up? There was never an attempt to "show you up," saying this implies that we raced.
Umm, when you said this.

Originally Posted by 8cd3gro
my lame ass v6 rustang will run right with your car from a dig right now
I guess you didn't say rape. Oh well.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:48 AM

Umm, when you said this.

I guess you didn't say rape. Oh well.
wow... i bet your e-dick just grew two inches. doesn't it suck when you look like an idiot in front of the entire forum?
Old 03-04-2007, 01:59 PM

wow... i bet your e-dick just grew two inches. doesn't it suck when you look like an idiot in front of the entire forum?
You should know, you do everytime you post. What do you bring again? Oh yes, a badass V6 Mustang. What was your point to that post anyways? I highly doubt you could hang from a dig and who cares what you do to your car in the future. I could say the same thing. I guess that comment made your e-***** grow 2 inches to a whopping 3 incher?! You are ghey and your car is ghey! You should have bought a real Mustang, like a GT!
Old 03-04-2007, 02:13 PM

You should know, you do everytime you post. What do you bring again? Oh yes, a badass V6 Mustang. What was your point to that post anyways? I highly doubt you could hang from a dig and who cars what you do to your car in the future. I could say the same thing. I guess that comment made your e-***** grow 2 inches to a whopping 3 incher?! You are ghey and your car is ghey! You should have bought a real Mustang, like a GT!
i love how you are ragging on me because i bought a high 14-low 15 second car....you drive a mid-low 14 second car. I am 17 and my car is totally payed off. You are probably in your 20's at least and owe on your car. I don't use "ghey" so i am already one step above you in life, and an s197 gt would rape the living **** out of your car from a dig, but you still wouldn't give it any respect. It's kinda funny how alot of you guys give respect to an rsx-s when my car is actually just as fast if not faster stock, but because you have rwd envy or something, you just can't give any respect to a car that costs less and is a bit slower... i guess you guys deserve 0 respect from the srt-4 owners because it is faster and cheaper huh?

Quick Reply: another mush-tang kill