War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Any one ever race a bike?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 06:18 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You talking about the fact taht a GTO would walk a STi and EVO or thr V-Rod comment?

Because both are true.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by codyss
You talking about the fact taht a GTO would walk a STi and EVO or thr V-Rod comment?

Because both are true.
That the GTO does NOTHING better than the STi or Evo other than racing above 100MPH. So when there are sanctioned events for Roll Racing, you go ahead and let me know.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:26 PM
Banned

So being both quicker and faster in the 1/4 doesn't count?
Old 11-14-2007, 06:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm Ben Spies bitch!
Old 11-14-2007, 06:28 PM
Banned

Oh you think so huh...
Old 11-14-2007, 06:29 PM

If it were true it would.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:31 PM

Similar mods between both cars gets you:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/d...a4016adcfe.htm
Old 11-14-2007, 06:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh you think so huh...
Man listen, I have backed you up in this thread but you need to relax a tad my friend.

I really can't believe this thread is still going. Yes, a GTO only beats an Evo/STi stock after 100 mph, but the rally cars are short geared and have AWD. It's nature of the beast, just likea re-geared bike will beat a non-geared one. Chill and be a little more open minded about things and not get all ZOMG!!1!111!!!UNO!

This is just a forum and half of us are just telling it how it is...
Old 11-14-2007, 07:03 PM

funny they all run extremely similar 1/4 times, and evo's sti's are easier to be consistent with.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by steddy2112
Man listen, I have backed you up in this thread but you need to relax a tad my friend.

I really can't believe this thread is still going. Yes, a GTO only beats an Evo/STi stock after 100 mph, but the rally cars are short geared and have AWD. It's nature of the beast, just likea re-geared bike will beat a non-geared one . Chill and be a little more open minded about things and not get all ZOMG!!1!111!!!UNO!

This is just a forum and half of us are just telling it how it is...
Seems like some intelligence made its way back into this post, at any rate. This made me chuckle.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:47 AM

Oh you think so huh...

get off the high horse. If you had any clue about cars you would have respect for anything with a motor and not talk so much garbage about certain cars. You obviously have some sort of chip on your shoulder to be bashing all these people who try to justify why you're always misinformed. It's ok man, a GTO is a great car and not everyone's cup of tea. It's ok to say an EVO, STI, ss/sc, etc. are cool cars. Just because you drive a GTO doesn't make you any better than someone who likes to modify and put in hard earned money towards a car. We're all car enthusiasts who love the hobby for what it is....we shouldn't be bashing each other seeing who has the bigger dick. It seems the younger generation has lost sight of that.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:40 AM
Banned

Me saying So you think so was a joke.

And just so all the kids on here know I have respect for anyone until they make me have reason not to. Like I have said a million times before I said the same **** about those two cars when I had my SS/SC and Camaro SS owning a GTO a nothing to do with it.

It's just pretty ******* stupid when a year ago it was well known fact that a SS/SC could hang with a STi or EVO from a roll and a Stage 2 would pull just a little. It was also well known fact that from a dig either car would pull hard on a SS/SC S2 and then it would even back out.

For some reason all of the new kids seem to thing the LS1 and LS2 somehow fall between the SS/SC and STi/EVO. I am sorry but when you remove the track skills from either you are left with low trap speeds and at best decent 1/4 times.

These cars are a video gamers dream but in real life they aren't nothing special.

And I really love how I am misinformed and magazine race. When in reality you guys are the damn magazine racers. I have raced these cars driven these cars or seen them in action at the track. I was whooping on them in my Camaro SS's, SS/SC and now my GTO so I will be damned if I will sit here and let fanboys pretend any more.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by cakeeater
did cody come cry to you? lol. so your numbers aren't current? carry on then.
well whats your numbers. must be preaty ugly or just plan suck since you dont show them off. better yet show a dyno sheet. even better show us the pic of the "supercharger".plus with my old setup with nitrous would probably be around 650-675rwhp. can you say that with that little mach. I hope you know on low boost im going to be around 800hp+.

really have you ever drove a sti or evo 90% chance thats a NO. if you dont launch it right(computer dogs it down) they are very inconsistant but i bet your magazine didnt tell you that.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:43 PM

It's ok man. Drive your car, be happy ....it's useless to care or defend your car or anyone elses for that matter. Who cares what people think on the internet. It is a forum to express whatever you want to express but it's in bad taste and makes you look like a child when you bicker like a kid about fanboys, bench racing, or magazine racing. It's redundant and will never end.

QUOTE=codyss;1668043]Me saying So you think so was a joke.

And just so all the kids on here know I have respect for anyone until they make me have reason not to. Like I have said a million times before I said the same **** about those two cars when I had my SS/SC and Camaro SS owning a GTO a nothing to do with it.

It's just pretty ******* stupid when a year ago it was well known fact that a SS/SC could hang with a STi or EVO from a roll and a Stage 2 would pull just a little. It was also well known fact that from a dig either car would pull hard on a SS/SC S2 and then it would even back out.

For some reason all of the new kids seem to thing the LS1 and LS2 somehow fall between the SS/SC and STi/EVO. I am sorry but when you remove the track skills from either you are left with low trap speeds and at best decent 1/4 times.

These cars are a video gamers dream but in real life they aren't nothing special.

And I really love how I am misinformed and magazine race. When in reality you guys are the damn magazine racers. I have raced these cars driven these cars or seen them in action at the track. I was whooping on them in my Camaro SS's, SS/SC and now my GTO so I will be damned if I will sit here and let fanboys pretend any more.[/QUOTE]
Old 11-15-2007, 05:47 PM
Banned

Belive me I know that and don't really care anyway.

Internet forums just give me something to do between waking up and work.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:50 PM

Belive me I know that and don't really care anyway.

Internet forums just give me something to do between waking up and work.
Oh please! This it your e-bible cody! You dont have to lie to theses people that take this forum business as part of the evo wacking lifes.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:53 PM
Banned

Dammit Jered why not just tell them my room is full of EVO posters!

Well gotta go the mail man just dropped of my new issue of Dope Ass Tuner Monthly.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:00 PM

Dammit Jered why not just tell them my room is full of EVO posters!

Well gotta go the mail man just dropped of my new issue of Dope Ass Tuner Monthly.
DAT!!!!!
Old 11-15-2007, 06:00 PM

codyss do you have any time slips that you can post?
Old 11-15-2007, 06:06 PM
Banned

Would you just like random slips from my 10 year collection or something specific.

And please don't use a slip or no slip as a basis as to GTO vs ____ or ____
Old 11-15-2007, 06:09 PM

Sorry, shoulda been more specific. Do you have any time slips or your current GTO? Stock? W/ Mods in sig.?
Old 11-15-2007, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by DTM2188
Sorry, shoulda been more specific. Do you have any time slips or your current GTO? Stock? W/ Mods in sig.?
All the tracks are closed around here.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:12 PM
Banned

I know what you meant, I just figured you were hoping I would throw some slips up with high 13's on them so you could say well EVO's run XX.XX @ XX.XX.

I myself could care less about slips I used to live at the track and know how consistant street cars are.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:30 PM

I know what you meant, I just figured you were hoping I would throw some slips up with high 13's on them so you could say well EVO's run XX.XX @ XX.XX.

I myself could care less about slips I used to live at the track and know how consistant street cars are.
Hey didnt our track close because a evo hit a wall doing 140!.... Oh wait, brain went into evo whacking mode. It was like 80 or some ****.

EDIT:JOKE! I am only messing around. No harm to anyone!
Old 11-15-2007, 06:54 PM

Na man, I'm not one to get caught up in arguing over what car is better than other cars. Its not to say that I agree with the stuff that you say, but everyones entitled to their opinion. I don't find the GTO to be on a higher level than Evo's/STI's. But they are two very different types of cars in various aspects. While you say a Evo/STI is slow in the quarter mile (which I disagree with), I could say the GTO sucks in the corners and turns. It wasn't made for that though, it was made for raw power and straightline racing. While you say that an AWD import is gay and only for fanboys, I could say your just upset that the GTO is only RWD and has some traction issues and that your bias to only American Muscle. I'm not going to argue over who's car is faster and in what types of races. Instead, I'll just state the facts:

Evo/STI have incredible handling that will never be macthed by the GTO
Evo/STI have insane low end power and great top end power, but yes, its top end is not as great as its bottom end.
Evo/STI creators where smart enough to realize that by utilizing technology, they could create an AWD car that absolutely tears things up on and off the track.
Evo/STI don't have to rely on huge power numbers to generate excellent performance times, but we will use a Turbo (again the wonders of technology)

GTO shows signs of handling issues, thus why they are not a road course car, but instead a pure drag car (and they are dam good at that).
GTO has a wonderful power band.
An AWD GTO would be... scary...but thats not American Muscle style.
GTO relys on huge power numbers to generate its performance numbers, a typical characteristic of N/A American Muscle.

But thats just my opinion

Originally Posted by KlugSRT-4
Hey didnt our track close because a evo hit a wall doing 140!.... Oh wait, brain went into evo whacking mode. It was like 80 or some ****.

EDIT:JOKE! I am only messing around. No harm to anyone!
If an Evo was running on a track at 140mph, then guess what...its trap time musta been pretty dam impressive. So you guys may want to rethink your posts in that other thread.

EDIT: JOKING! ITS JUST A JOKE, LAUGH AT IT, DONT GET MAD

Quick Reply: Any one ever race a bike?