War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Any one ever race a bike?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DTM2188
Na man, I'm not one to get caught up in arguing over what car is better than other cars. Its not to say that I agree with the stuff that you say, but everyones entitled to their opinion. I don't find the GTO to be on a higher level than Evo's/STI's. But they are two very different types of cars in various aspects. While you say a Evo/STI is slow in the quarter mile (which I disagree with), I could say the GTO sucks in the corners and turns. It wasn't made for that though, it was made for raw power and straightline racing. While you say that an AWD import is gay and only for fanboys, I could say your just upset that the GTO is only RWD and has some traction issues and that your bias to only American Muscle. I'm not going to argue over who's car is faster and in what types of races. Instead, I'll just state the facts:

Evo/STI have incredible handling that will never be macthed by the GTO
Evo/STI have insane low end power and great top end power, but yes, its top end is not as great as its bottom end.
Evo/STI creators where smart enough to realize that by utilizing technology, they could create an AWD car that absolutely tears things up on and off the track.
Evo/STI don't have to rely on huge power numbers to generate excellent performance times, but we will use a Turbo (again the wonders of technology)

GTO shows signs of handling issues, thus why they are not a road course car, but instead a pure drag car (and they are dam good at that).
GTO has a wonderful power band.
An AWD GTO would be... scary...but thats not American Muscle style.
GTO relys on huge power numbers to generate its performance numbers, a typical characteristic of N/A American Muscle.

But thats just my opinion

If an Evo was running on a track at 140mph, then guess what...its trap time musta been pretty dam impressive. So you guys may want to rethink your posts in that other thread.

EDIT: JOKING! ITS JUST A JOKE, LAUGH AT IT, DONT GET MAD
haha To bad more people couldnt just laugh **** off and not get so damn butthurt! Much more productive that way!

Last edited by KlugSRT-4; 11-15-2007 at 07:42 PM.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by redstanger
well whats your numbers. must be preaty ugly or just plan suck since you dont show them off. better yet show a dyno sheet. even better show us the pic of the "supercharger".plus with my old setup with nitrous would probably be around 650-675rwhp. can you say that with that little mach. I hope you know on low boost im going to be around 800hp+.

really have you ever drove a sti or evo 90% chance thats a NO. if you dont launch it right(computer dogs it down) they are very inconsistant but i bet your magazine didnt tell you that.
i dont have any pictures of my car on this computer nor do i have my dyno sheets. I'm at school, but when i go home for thanksgiving break, anyone is welcome to come help out with my build, in fact i've asked before if anyone would like to help it'd be appreciated because it is taking quite a bit longer than expected and i'd like to at least get it running again soon. BTW i put down just under 500whp on 13 psi (reached 12 on the dyno) before i blew a rod due to my shitty tuning abilities not being able to compensate for the heat soak issues. With a professional tune i would have easily been mid 500's at peak. When im finished with my build, the car SHOULD be capable of high 700's, but im not banking on any certain numbers because i dont want to dissapoint myself. I really dont care if you believe me or not, but if anyone is in the area of bloomfield hills michigan, you can come see the car and help me if you want any time i am home. And i've driven quite a few sti's and one evo actually, and it is extremely easy to launch awd cars compared to rwd, even cody says that all the time. You and cody got double standards coming out the ears.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:03 PM
Banned

I still really find it amusing that people call the GTO a drag car, ask klugsrt-4 if the ****** can corner.

90% of the people who bicker about GTO handling have never drove one or basing there opinion off on that had a boat ride alignment issue.

My GTO handles better than my non-bilstein Camaro SS, my LT1 Firebirds and my 2003 Mustang GT which had full mach1 suspension with Cobra (03&98) swaybars.

AWD cars will always seem to handle better due to more wheels doing the work but a GTO still does a damn fine job.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by codyss
I still really find it amusing that people call the GTO a drag car, ask klugsrt-4 if the ****** can corner.

90% of the people who bicker about GTO handling have never drove one or basing there opinion off on that had a boat ride alignment issue.

My GTO handles better than my non-bilstein Camaro SS, my LT1 Firebirds and my 2003 Mustang GT which had full mach1 suspension with Cobra (03&98) swaybars.

AWD cars will always seem to handle better due to more wheels doing the work but a GTO still does a damn fine job.
Its not bad!

Hey look what i found!

haha Found it on the srt-4s and gave me a laugh!

EDIT: Joking. Only messing around. Not Trolling just thought i would share!
Old 11-16-2007, 05:47 PM

SRT-4's handle better than GTO's. I personally owned an SRT-4 and I have driven my buddy's GTO a TON of times. The SRT is a much tighter ride. Not to say the handling on an SRT-4 is amazing, it's just better.

The GTO is very floaty. The ride is very smooth and the power delivery makes driving it very comfortable at most speeds. When you enter a turn though the body rewards you with roll and it doesn't feel very sure footed when it's pushed. Otherwise, the seats are very comfortable. It has power everything.

It's a great Bahn burner. But an elite track-car it is not.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:25 PM
Banned

Your buddy must have had the optional blown front shocks.

A GTO by no means rides smooth and this is compared to my SS/SC and Bilstein Camaro SS. And the only time body roll really comes into place is in a very tight small corner.

When we co corner carving my GTO usually has less body lean than klugsrt-4's car. Keep in mind also a inexperienced driver will misinterpit the way IRS corners vs solid axle as body roll or bad handling.

Truth be told if a GTO owner has never had they car aligned it is most likely the cause of alot of the claims of bad handling.

If the boat ride over didn't **** things up GM techs fliping springs and making camber adjustments to avoid strut rub did.

Set the car where it should be 0 to -.25 camber with very little toe and it is night and day difference.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:27 PM

hell ya, and i put that 9 yr old to shame with his huffy.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:30 PM

I don't know the difference between your GTO and his GTO suspension wise. I'm sure there is pretty much no difference. I didn't specify there is A LOT of body roll, but despite what you may be saying to the contrary....there is. Everytime I jump into a GTO from my Evo I feel like I'm driving a boat. When driving it, you feel like what you are doing....driving a 3800lb+ car. I'm sure I can scrounge up a few more GTO's to test out on, but I'm willing to bet they all feel the same. Maybe you have some kind of suspension freak from the factory.

And from what I'm to know the IRS on the GTO makes it pretty difficult to launch. Not always, but that's what I'e heard from a few GTO owners. I don't own one, so I don't know personally.

ALso, I dunno which GTO you're driving, but the one I drove was smooth as hell to drive. WAY smoother than my Evo. Way smoother than my buddy's STi. Smoother than every SRT I have driven. Smoother than the Civic I owned, the Impreza my brother owns, or his Integra.......smoother than A LOT of cars. You're other cars must have been rolling on pillows cause my buddy's GTO has no suspension problems I know of and it's smooth and comfortable as **** to drive.

In either case I'm going to see if I can drive a couple more GTO's. I will be more than happy to keep this thread in mind and post my results. I also see if I can get several drivers to drive all the cars in this comparison (Evo, GTO, SRT) and see which has the least body roll on a scale and which has the best ride quality, etc. I have all of these cars at my disposal. My buddy who lives 6 houses down has an SRT and has a ton of friends with SRT's, so I'm sure I can find a stock suspension one no problem. I'll post my non-professional non-biased results.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:33 PM

If you really want just take a drive to my Old Mans house and pick up my STi for the comparo.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:06 PM

Your buddy must have had the optional blown front shocks.

A GTO by no means rides smooth and this is compared to my SS/SC and Bilstein Camaro SS. And the only time body roll really comes into place is in a very tight small corner.

When we co corner carving my GTO usually has less body lean than klugsrt-4's car. Keep in mind also a inexperienced driver will misinterpit the way IRS corners vs solid axle as body roll or bad handling.

Truth be told if a GTO owner has never had they car aligned it is most likely the cause of alot of the claims of bad handling.

If the boat ride over didn't **** things up GM techs fliping springs and making camber adjustments to avoid strut rub did.

Set the car where it should be 0 to -.25 camber with very little toe and it is night and day difference.

haha Why do i always get brought up in this.

Less body lean.....
Old 11-16-2007, 09:28 PM

^^Less body roll?
Old 11-16-2007, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by StinkBOMB
^^Less body roll?
I know that but haha I guess my 2800 pound neon has more body roll then a GTO. Never knew that!
Old 11-16-2007, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by KlugSRT-4
I know that but haha I guess my 2800 pound neon has more body roll then a GTO. Never knew that!
Then it's a good thing Cody is here to set the record straight.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by StinkBOMB
Then it's a good thing Cody is here to set the record straight.
hahaha Yes it is!
Old 11-17-2007, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by KlugSRT-4
hahaha Yes it is!
who are you guys kidding? The GTO has no body roll, the perfect amount of oversteer, the best looks ever, the nicest interior, and an engine/tranny combo chosen by god himself. Come on guys you should know this by now.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by cakeeater
i dont have any pictures of my car on this computer nor do i have my dyno sheets. I'm at school, but when i go home for thanksgiving break, anyone is welcome to come help out with my build, in fact i've asked before if anyone would like to help it'd be appreciated because it is taking quite a bit longer than expected and i'd like to at least get it running again soon. BTW i put down just under 500whp on 13 psi (reached 12 on the dyno) before i blew a rod due to my shitty tuning abilities not being able to compensate for the heat soak issues. With a professional tune i would have easily been mid 500's at peak. When im finished with my build, the car SHOULD be capable of high 700's, but im not banking on any certain numbers because i dont want to dissapoint myself. I really dont care if you believe me or not, but if anyone is in the area of bloomfield hills michigan, you can come see the car and help me if you want any time i am home. And i've driven quite a few sti's and one evo actually, and it is extremely easy to launch awd cars compared to rwd, even cody says that all the time. You and cody got double standards coming out the ears.
haha na. wow 700 with a four valve 4.6 yank yank yank been done before. you BROKE a rod because your engine is a weakling(unforged). 13psi with stock Mach 1 engine your brilliant what do expect to happen(good to 420ish). vortech with heat soak problems ??? so you were running a s/c with that psi without a air to water cooler. mmmh smart. i dont think a broken rod is a result of poor tuning smart.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:32 AM

haha na. wow 700 with a four valve 4.6 yank yank yank been done before. you BROKE a rod because your engine is a weakling(unforged). 13psi with stock Mach 1 engine your brilliant what do expect to happen(good to 420ish). vortech with heat soak problems ??? so you were running a s/c with that psi without a air to water cooler. mmmh smart. i dont think a broken rod is a result of poor tuning smart.
I'll have to agree with red on this one, even with a great tune a rod or piston would have gave way eventually. Also poor tuning results in a fried piston not a rod... detonation kills pistons and rpms kill rods. Any non 03-04 cobra motor is only good to around 450+/- rwhp; you say you were making just under 500 so it was a ticking time bomb. Please tell I read wrong that you didn’t have an aftercooler or intercooler, if that’s true I’m surprised it didn’t blow up a long time ago.

Also don't plan on running 700rwhp unless you’re making some serious boost with all the supporting mods, that’s not an easily attainable number especially for a street car. What blower do you have, if it’s an S-Trim that wont even be enough blower, you’ll have to upgrade to a T-Trim (which is what I’m doing) and then that still prolly wont be enough. I’ve been in 600rwhp Cobras, running a lot of boost through KBs and Whipples, and they are driven on the street but VERY dangerous.

Good Luck and be safe.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:31 AM

I DO have an aftercooler, and i DID expect something to break. this is common knowledge if you have read my posts. I was testing the limits of the block before i built it. you think you are the first to reach those kinda numbers on the 2v? so what if it's been done before? why do you think you are such hot ****? I'm not going to argue with you about why i broke a rod, it was majorly due to my tuning causing way too much knock between 4500 and 5000 rpm's due to too much timing and the fact that i did quite a bit of street tuning before i hit the dyno and my IAT's in the shop were way higher than i had seen on the street with that tune. My A/F ratio was very safe, and i thought the timing was fine, but obviously i was wrong. i dont know why you are being so immature. If you think a rod can't break due to knock, you are very confused. Yes it is alot more common to crack a ring land, etc. but it is very possible to bend/break a rod and that's exactly what happened. I didn't even say anything about my car in this thread, in fact I very rarely talk about my car because i know people like you are going to demand pictures and what not when i dont have them. If anyone here wants to come by and see it, we can schedule something right now for when i am home so pm anyone, call up some friend you have in my area, whatever you want. i'd rather we take this to pm and not get some bogus infractions or anything, just chill out you're being a total ******* for no reason at all.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my boss has an R1 and he rips me a new one on the straights but I laugh at him when we turn cause I just sail by him (usually followed by him laughing back at me once the road straightens out!!) I'm not much of a bike fan really, but my god they are fast
Old 11-18-2007, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Co|3aLt $$
my boss has an R1 and he rips me a new one on the straights but I laugh at him when we turn cause I just sail by him (usually followed by him laughing back at me once the road straightens out!!) I'm not much of a bike fan really, but my god they are fast
If he's letting you bet him in the turns then he doesnt know how to ride.

I'm more of a car fan myself, despite owning a bike. I still know what they are capable of. Many people underesimate a bikes ability to manuever.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:20 PM

Soo.... an R1 cant hit turns faster than a 2.4 cobalt with exhaust and neons? Awesome.

Obviously a car will outperform a bike in turns given the right amount of power/braking just for the fact that there is alot more of a contact patch than what a bike is capable of laying down. However, i dont think your cobalt has either to be passing an R1 in turns unless this guy either: a. Doesnt know how to ride. or b. Has this bike stretched and lowered soo much that it cant turn.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:45 PM

.......................... I want to drop kick you in your dumb head.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:23 PM
Banned

This thread goes all GTO Vs then the first post about bikes again is dumber than ****!

And seriously guys go read up on GTO's before you keep bashing.

With all of the smashed strut bushings, blown front struts or old design struts, blown radius rod bushings, strut rub and boat ride alignment I would bet money that 4 out of 5 GTO's need suspension help.

I happened to get lucky so far knock on wood that my only issue was a minor camber tweak. Bushings are holding up and struts are the new design.

You guys need to also know the differnce between handling vs natural unbalance. Is it a real surprise that a egg crate like the STi and EVO rides harder? Hell my GF's Sunfire rides harder but it isn't because of the suspension being better it's called hard springs + short wheel base + weight.

Anyway I am to tired to waste anymore time.................
Old 11-18-2007, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by cakeeater
I DO have an aftercooler, and i DID expect something to break. this is common knowledge if you have read my posts. I was testing the limits of the block before i built it. you think you are the first to reach those kinda numbers on the 2v? so what if it's been done before? why do you think you are such hot ****? I'm not going to argue with you about why i broke a rod, it was majorly due to my tuning causing way too much knock between 4500 and 5000 rpm's due to too much timing and the fact that i did quite a bit of street tuning before i hit the dyno and my IAT's in the shop were way higher than i had seen on the street with that tune. My A/F ratio was very safe, and i thought the timing was fine, but obviously i was wrong. i dont know why you are being so immature. If you think a rod can't break due to knock, you are very confused. Yes it is alot more common to crack a ring land, etc. but it is very possible to bend/break a rod and that's exactly what happened. I didn't even say anything about my car in this thread, in fact I very rarely talk about my car because i know people like you are going to demand pictures and what not when i dont have them. If anyone here wants to come by and see it, we can schedule something right now for when i am home so pm anyone, call up some friend you have in my area, whatever you want. i'd rather we take this to pm and not get some bogus infractions or anything, just chill out you're being a total ******* for no reason at all.

haha ur a funny character. i just stopped half way through man you need a life if you type that much damn kid.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:03 PM

Quick Reply: Any one ever race a bike?