War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Any one ever race a bike?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05SS/02WS6
I have raced several sport bikes in my WS6. From little 250cc-1300cc busa's. If the person riding a 600-750cc was a damn good rider it was close and if we would have raced 10 times it would have been 5 to 5. Like the one guy said they don't have much up top and I almost always got them outta the hole unless like I said they were a damn good rider. However anything bigger than a 750cc would usually pull me up top but I would alomost always beat them to the 60' ft mark and sometimes 1/8 mile. I think unless the person was a terrible rider it would be damn near impossible for a SS/SC to beat anything bigger than a 600cc since my ws6 was running 11.0x's @ 131 and I don't think I have seen a SS/SC that fast yet.

Well, for one thing what's you 60ft like at the track.

And also consider, you running 11.0 should be more than enough to take most riders out on the street. 600's CAN get into the 10's, but your average rider isn't gonna do that. And the only way they are getting into the 10's is if they know how to ride cause they are quick down low. The drag coefficient on a bike is terrible!!

Your WS6 sounds sick BTW. I love the look of WS6's. If i had to choose between any of the f-body's that's the car I would choose.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Kwin
Im pretty into motorcycles too and im just wondering if any one had ever raced one?

If so how did it go
power-to-weight, man , power-to-weight.....
Old 10-17-2007, 07:31 PM

my leaf blower has more than 250cc!
Old 10-17-2007, 07:33 PM

My 60' at the track were usually 1.5-1.6 there was a couple guys on bikes that could keep up with me off the line on a good launch but they were very good riders. I wouldn't know cause I have never rode a bike but from what I watch when they hook it is hard to keep the front tire down the good riders would do that and not have to get out of it cause they were about to pull a huge wheelie like most of the riders that were not as good. Thanks for the props on the car also. There are 2 Evo here where I am from that are running in the 10.6-10.7 range those thing are a badass car as well nothing but respect for you guys. I am hoping with the new turbo setup I can get up there with some of the 900-1000cc with ok riders. The 11.0's were on the stock LS1 with a cam, bolt on's, 12 bolt and T56 with McLeod Street Twin and a 150 shot. Hoping to see some mid to low 9's out of the new setup but who knows we will have to see next spring when the track opens again.

Originally Posted by Evolvr2006
Well, for one thing what's you 60ft like at the track.

And also consider, you running 11.0 should be more than enough to take most riders out on the street. 600's CAN get into the 10's, but your average rider isn't gonna do that. And the only way they are getting into the 10's is if they know how to ride cause they are quick down low. The drag coefficient on a bike is terrible!!

Your WS6 sounds sick BTW. I love the look of WS6's. If i had to choose between any of the f-body's that's the car I would choose.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bgbearcatfan
my leaf blower has more than 250cc!
You must have one huge motherfucking leaf blower.

I have one of the biggest hand helds you can get and it's 30cc.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:35 PM

i raced a ninja one time.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:03 PM

id say it maybe runs 12s. i know a guy from my work has a harley (i forget) and he said he ran 12s but he has a few things done to it (very lil things)... just spray if you race him lol
Old 10-18-2007, 05:39 PM

Never attented to race a bike. This couple on their Harley's cut me off bad with less than a car length between me and the other car. I finally got around them and the woman decided to tail me. I slowed down to **** her off and she pulled into the right lane to go and I had none of that. When she fell back in I blasted her windshield washer fluid and she tried to go again. No chance the balt took off. Meanwhile the I couldn't even see the husband in the mirroe
Old 10-18-2007, 05:52 PM
Banned

You guys are letting to many Harley riders feed you full of ****.

The fastest production Harley was the V-Rod and it ran 12's, a normal large displacement Harley might run high 13's. Even with full S&S mods they are still slow when talking about bikes.

Riding a import bike you get **** from all of the Harley riders. It's kind of like the grief we give import cars but in this case the import is faster.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:01 PM

My husband has an 07 HD sporster, I don't know much about it. We ran a few times, I barely beat him with stage 2, but it was a slaughter after my exhaust and 2.9. He has something small done to it, I don't know what though.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by 2.4SlowassBalt
what? no offense but thats kind of difficult to believe.
Hes right small bikes like that shake at speeds around 60 making them dangerous and not easy to get to much above that

i know most motorcycles would win i was just wondering

I love how much faith in our cars speed

Originally Posted by Stouffer
Never attented to race a bike. This couple on their Harley's cut me off bad with less than a car length between me and the other car. I finally got around them and the woman decided to tail me. I slowed down to **** her off and she pulled into the right lane to go and I had none of that. When she fell back in I blasted her windshield washer fluid and she tried to go again. No chance the balt took off. Meanwhile the I couldn't even see the husband in the mirroe
What English?

Last edited by Kwin; 10-18-2007 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-18-2007, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by 05SS/02WS6
My 60' at the track were usually 1.5-1.6 there was a couple guys on bikes that could keep up with me off the line on a good launch but they were very good riders. I wouldn't know cause I have never rode a bike but from what I watch when they hook it is hard to keep the front tire down the good riders would do that and not have to get out of it cause they were about to pull a huge wheelie like most of the riders that were not as good. Thanks for the props on the car also. There are 2 Evo here where I am from that are running in the 10.6-10.7 range those thing are a badass car as well nothing but respect for you guys. I am hoping with the new turbo setup I can get up there with some of the 900-1000cc with ok riders. The 11.0's were on the stock LS1 with a cam, bolt on's, 12 bolt and T56 with McLeod Street Twin and a 150 shot. Hoping to see some mid to low 9's out of the new setup but who knows we will have to see next spring when the track opens again.

Plus you have the best color WS-6!! That car is SO sexy in black. Some cars should ONLY come in black.

Thanks for the props. I like to think Evo's are fast....considering I own one. But they are nowhere near as consistent as F-Body's in the quarter mile. It's just a fact. Hopefully Evo owners and other sport compact owners will realize it.

There isn't a reason we shouldn't all be able to get along, but each car has it's strengths (well, most) and the 1/4 mile and top end are definitely a couple for the LS1 powered F-Body's.

Liter bikes are tough no matter what you are driving. Unless you have something 700HP and up, the Liter bikes (with a good rider) are hard as hell to beat.

And turbo LS1's are incredible. I know of a turbo Camaro SS around here. It looks so stock...until you see the huge front mount intercooler. From what I heard he has horrible traction problems and still runs low-mid 10's.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The most fun things to kill are STi's and Evos.

They all think they are awesome rolling up next to you at 80, I usually look over at them and watch them take off...then bus them.

Drag racing bike to bike is all about the launch, because I have beaten R1s and Busas with crappy riders on em.

I wouldn't think about racing my car versus a bike...that is just stupid...and whoever said something about top end is completely correct. Bikes have a drag coeffeciency of a bus(I'm not exaggerating here). Bikes are 0-top speed in HOLYFUCKINGSHIT...where as cars are a little less high strung

Originally Posted by Kwin
Hes right small bikes like that shake at speeds around 60 making them dangerous and not easy to get to much above that

i know most motorcycles would win i was just wondering
What do you mean shake?

Last edited by steddy2112; 10-18-2007 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-18-2007, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Archie
How would we do against a Harley Sportster? A guy at work has one but doesn't want to race me because he thinks he runs 9's in it stock. He also thinks that it is faster than 90% of the sports bikes out there.

I think he is full of bull.

He is full of Bull****!!!! Only possible way for that Harley to be that fast is if it is modded quite a bit!!! That is the slowest bike Harley makes... I have a Suzuki GSXR750 that runs 9.90's on a stock motor.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by redSSBalt
He is full of Bull****!!!! Only possible way for that Harley to be that fast is if it is modded quite a bit!!! That is the slowest bike Harley makes... I have a Suzuki GSXR750 that runs 9.90's on a stock motor.
Faster than a Gix K7 1000?

I don't think so.

600 high 10s, 750 mid to low tens, 1000 High nines with the busa a few hundreths faster

EDIT: Stock motor...as in you would HAVE to do a sprocket swap to get there...
Old 10-18-2007, 07:58 PM
Banned

yea alot of my friends have modded busa's and modded gxr 1000's... well... yea...

But hey....the world is perfect.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by steddy2112

They all think they are awesome rolling up next to you at 80, I usually look over at them and watch them take off...then bus them.

Drag racing bike to bike is all about the launch, because I have beaten R1s and Busas with crappy riders on em.

I wouldn't think about racing my car versus a bike...that is just stupid...and whoever said something about top end is completely correct. Bikes have a drag coeffeciency of a bus(I'm not exaggerating here). Bikes are 0-top speed in HOLYFUCKINGSHIT...where as cars are a little less high strung

What do you mean shake?
It's fun to kill Evo's and STi's....on a motorcycle??

You've got your priorities all fucked up. It would have to be a pretty modded the hell out Evo or STi to keep up with a liter bike. And still atleast 450 or so WHP to keep up with a 600.

I know my 600 rips my Evo's ass.

And I was the one that originally mentioned the Drag Coefficient. The Busa has the best DC, and I still think it's higher than some of the worst DC cars on the market. I know it takes A LOT to reach the 200mph mark on a bike.

Stop racing Evo's and Sti's. Race other bikes or drag cars. That's more of a challenge.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:05 PM

I don't think so.

600 high 10s, 750 mid to low tens, 1000 High nines with the busa a few hundreths faster

Yes, I did say stock motor!! Don't know where you get your numbers from though. Newer 600's can run in the low 10's to high 9's. Mine is a little older, it's a 2001. liter bikes and Busa's are running in the 8's now, stock. Mine does have different gearing, but that doesn't change the fact that the motor is STOCK!! My bike completely stock runs 10.20's in the 1/4. That is stock height, stock length and stock gearing. Mine is lowered and stretched along with being geared for the 1/4 with a -1 in the front and +2 in the rear.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:11 PM

It's fun to kill Evo's and STi's....on a motorcycle??

You've got your priorities all fucked up. It would have to be a pretty modded the hell out Evo or STi to keep up with a liter bike. And still atleast 450 or so WHP to keep up with a 600.

I know my 600 rips my Evo's ass.

And I was the one that originally mentioned the Drag Coefficient. The Busa has the best DC, and I still think it's higher than some of the worst DC cars on the market. I know it takes A LOT to reach the 200mph mark on a bike.

Stop racing Evo's and Sti's. Race other bikes or drag cars. That's more of a challenge.
Did you miss the part where I am minding my own business and they come trolling past me?

I, by all means, do not seek these people. These are the same people that will woof on a Camaro SS with their Colt...

Originally Posted by redSSBalt
Yes, I did say stock motor!! Don't know where you get your numbers from though. Newer 600's can run in the low 10's to high 9's. Mine is a little older, it's a 2001. liter bikes and Busa's are running in the 8's now, stock. Mine does have different gearing, but that doesn't change the fact that the motor is STOCK!! My bike completely stock runs 10.20's in the 1/4. That is stock height, stock length and stock gearing. Mine is lowered and stretched along with being geared for the 1/4 with a -1 in the front and +2 in the rear.
I'm not calling bullshit...I'm just saying that I would have to see it to believe it...because you would have to strap and lower it to get those times.

And that is not 'bone' stock.

Ahhh bike talk...makes me happy

Last edited by steddy2112; 10-18-2007 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-18-2007, 08:22 PM

The one thing you EVO guys have on us SS/SC guys is that turbo instead of the SC seems its much easier to mod a turbo car to make it go fast instead of a SC I am guessing that is why a modded evo, sti and srt-4 eat our SS's up when modded. There is a guys with a Silver and a guy with a yellow evo here in Spokane and they have both run faster than my WS6 ever did with the stock motor and nitrous. Granted they do have quite a bit of cash invested into there cars but still to make a little 4cyl run itno the mid 10's and still be able to drive it on the streets daily is pretty impressive if you ask. I love the black on my car too kind of a pain in the ass to keep clean but worth it. Only other color I would ever have it in other than black is sunset orange metallic than is a bitchin looking color on the WS6's aswell. As far as the power I am hoping with a little help from some N2O to make 800-900rwhp but once again who knows we will just have to see. The LS1 f-body's have a ton of top end but like I said with the guys here with there EVO's they seem to have theirs setup pretty damn good to run that fast

Plus you have the best color WS-6!! That car is SO sexy in black. Some cars should ONLY come in black.

Thanks for the props. I like to think Evo's are fast....considering I own one. But they are nowhere near as consistent as F-Body's in the quarter mile. It's just a fact. Hopefully Evo owners and other sport compact owners will realize it.

There isn't a reason we shouldn't all be able to get along, but each car has it's strengths (well, most) and the 1/4 mile and top end are definitely a couple for the LS1 powered F-Body's.

Liter bikes are tough no matter what you are driving. Unless you have something 700HP and up, the Liter bikes (with a good rider) are hard as hell to beat.

And turbo LS1's are incredible. I know of a turbo Camaro SS around here. It looks so stock...until you see the huge front mount intercooler. From what I heard he has horrible traction problems and still runs low-mid 10's.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:27 PM

I don't think so.

2004 r6 was the first stock 600 to run under 10 seconds in the 1/4... granted hardly any rider that isnt professional could get thre but it is possible!
Old 10-18-2007, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Redtide
2004 r6 was the first stock 600 to run under 10 seconds in the 1/4... granted hardly any rider that isnt professional could get thre but it is possible!
I had an 04 R6!!

Now I have an 07 R6s.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:58 PM

I had an 04 R6!!

Now I have an 07 R6s.
I didn't like how the seat on the R6 seemed to be WAAAAY up in the air.

I love my Gix variety is the spice of life.

Seemslike 90% of the riders on the planet are squids though I swear...
Old 10-18-2007, 10:31 PM

What do you mean shake?
The Frame starts to vibrate cause your pushing the engine
Old 10-19-2007, 12:40 AM

I didn't like how the seat on the R6 seemed to be WAAAAY up in the air.

I love my Gix variety is the spice of life.

Seemslike 90% of the riders on the planet are squids though I swear...
Been a Yamaha fan for years, so I stuck with them. The new R6 is like an inch too tall for me so I went with the S version.

I can't ride Gixxers cause everyone has them. The 750 is a comfy bike though

Quick Reply: Any one ever race a bike?