War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Anyone else notice this?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 08:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh yes. When I'm out in the E46, every swapped Honda wants to play. Whenever I pull out the H out...nobody wants :-(
Old 07-17-2009, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by mattcossel29
I know you are still a noob, but learn to take area47's word as gold. He is one of the most helpful and knowledgeable people on here as far as the cobalt goes especially tuning with hptuners from what I have read.

Oh, and not in my town no one really races me all the high schoolers have seen me out at the speedway and want nothing to do with my car.
Originally Posted by Area47
uh huh.

you're a tool
You two do realize how much hp it takes to "blow" the tires off from a 50 mph rolling start past the guy he was racing to maybe 70mph? I am betting he heard a chirp when he let go of the clutch quickly then maybe his clutch started slipping or he mistook the quick rev of second gear to be spinning.

Gold huh, so he could tell you a TC can beat a 06 viper stock from exactly a 36 punch and that is right then?

Now I know Area is playing hide the numbers game because he must be some big time street racer and doesn't want dominic to know what his economy car is putting down, but he better be putting down 450+ considering it is the middle of summer and he was "blowing the tires off" over 50 mph.

Thanks for being grown up about the name calling area...

Tyler

LOL at calling me a noob, I have been here longer then both you guys...
Old 07-17-2009, 09:07 AM

Ive seen tuned and bolted TC's bust em loose from 40-50, areas making a bit more... Failwheel drive remember amx.... jeez
Old 07-17-2009, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by MaxVQ35DE
Ive seen tuned and bolted TC's bust em loose from 40-50, areas making a bit more... Failwheel drive remember amx.... jeez
****, if I rail the **** out my clutch doing about 35-40 mph in second I can rip tires loose a little.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:49 AM

I was trying to find this earlier and was curious, what does each gear go to in each speed?

I understand the whole fail wheel drive and weight transfer. But in the middle of summer and blowing them off is different then bust them a little loose. If it was winter and was on cold slick asphalt then yeah I can see that from the torque hit of the TVS, but this just isn't cutting it. I would love to see a video of his car laying down some tracks (that is what happens when you go spinning past someone from a 50 punch) a la this car.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/7...LS1_158824.htm

Yes it is more powerful, but he is still spinning and when that happens you get tracks. Spinning rubber + road = tracks.

Up for it area?

Tyler

What kind of tires you running area? Size too...
Old 07-17-2009, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by amxguy1970

Tyler

settle down noob.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:44 AM

I was trying to find this earlier and was curious, what does each gear go to in each speed?

I understand the whole fail wheel drive and weight transfer. But in the middle of summer and blowing them off is different then bust them a little loose. If it was winter and was on cold slick asphalt then yeah I can see that from the torque hit of the TVS, but this just isn't cutting it. I would love to see a video of his car laying down some tracks (that is what happens when you go spinning past someone from a 50 punch) a la this car.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/7...LS1_158824.htm

Yes it is more powerful, but he is still spinning and when that happens you get tracks. Spinning rubber + road = tracks.

Up for it area?

Tyler

What kind of tires you running area? Size too...
Dude you really just need to quit while you have any shred of dignity left. I get the feeling you're about to get completely PWNED...
Old 07-17-2009, 10:57 AM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
You two do realize how much hp it takes to "blow" the tires off from a 50 mph rolling start past the guy he was racing to maybe 70mph? I am betting he heard a chirp when he let go of the clutch quickly then maybe his clutch started slipping or he mistook the quick rev of second gear to be spinning.

Gold huh, so he could tell you a TC can beat a 06 viper stock from exactly a 36 punch and that is right then?
Now I know Area is playing hide the numbers game because he must be some big time street racer and doesn't want dominic to know what his economy car is putting down, but he better be putting down 450+ considering it is the middle of summer and he was "blowing the tires off" over 50 mph.

Tyler

There is a run that Venom09 did in the autocross section where he gives the viper a head start and catches up to it. He had a stock T/C sedan with Nitto T05 tires. so yes the statement about beating viper stock is true. look it up on youtube.

Obviously not in a straight line, thats just retarded even you saying that.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:24 AM

I've also noticed that people with BMWs all drive around like they're in NASCAR. I know the thing was meant to be a race car but the Hutch =/= Autobahn.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by ForsakenOutlaw57
I've also noticed that people with BMWs all drive around like they're in NASCAR. I know the thing was meant to be a race car but the Hutch =/= Autobahn.
Not ALL.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:33 AM

I had a douche in a 550 cut me off WOT in traffic, My maxima at the time was no match of course, but he got stuck behind a semi, and when we resumed cruising, I managed to get in front of him and tested his ability to dodge pennies out my sunroof. Id love to see him again with the TC
Old 07-17-2009, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by beefy Si
Not ALL.
Well I have seen a few 65+ drivers not doing much and those women who drive on the steering wheel not do much but around my area they're basically tearing up the road (and dodging or hitting every pothole they see). They're actually some of the more annoying drivers on the road.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by LittleMT
settle down noob.
Hey hey, we need to stick together. Besides, join date!

Originally Posted by Tazmanian_Dvl
Dude you really just need to quit while you have any shred of dignity left. I get the feeling you're about to get completely PWNED...
Yeah, like I am going to lose any dignity on a cobalt forum.

Oh, and it is Owned not pwned...

Now where did the hate on BMW drivers come from? No I don't own one nor desire to, but not all base model 3 series and 5 series drivers are idiots... I will say they seem to be the ones most likely to not signal though!

Tyler
Old 07-17-2009, 01:09 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Tyler

yes, thats right. i mistook it all. the fact you were i my car, or have been in my car makes it all better. you know so much about me, it's scary. stalker much?

450? no. street racer? no. stopped doing that.

30mph hit. since you know so much about my car and what it is capable of. as it sits right now. what does it put to the ground?

Hey hey, we need to stick together. Besides, join date!

Tyler
yes, that's it. a join date matters. that's all that matters apparently. you lost dignity when you posted on here. pride on this forum is not an option. this is the ******* internet. you picked the fight. not me.

shouldn't you be hitting up some swap meets for more amc parts?

Last edited by Area47; 07-17-2009 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-17-2009, 01:11 PM

Civics can be good fast cars. Just takes some work, but i do notice how all of them feel like they got something to prove, but i notice when i go to meets and catch **** from V8 guys i can see where they get it from, and they catch even more **** from every1 caus its a civic.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Gestapo007
Civics can be good fast cars. Just takes some work, but i do notice how all of them feel like they got something to prove, but i notice when i go to meets and catch **** from V8 guys i can see where they get it from, and they catch even more **** from every1 caus its a civic.
That's what they get for buying a Civic .
Old 07-17-2009, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by ForsakenOutlaw57
That's what they get for buying a Civic .
It's true. Being a Civic owner I have caught garbage from tons of people. But the people who talk crap no matter what you have more than likely don't know much about cars in the first place. I usually don't say anything back. I offer to take them for a ride however. That's when the bullshit stops.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:29 PM

Received 417 Likes on 341 Posts
I got ppl wanting to race all the time when I was in my Integra. I hardly ever obliged unless it was a CRX that had a passenger and a coffee can muffler. Now no one wants to race me in the Balt. So no, I haven't really noticed it OP. It could also be that I have debadged it...