War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

beat my first STI!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 01:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Badju587
Difference being, you don't sign a waiver to get your license.
Huh, what does that matter?
Old 01-08-2008, 01:42 PM

GET the **** off the street racing subject people are going to do it, your not going to change them. yes its wrong, yes i do it but so are guns and fast food but im sure you use both.

o nice kill by the way.

Last edited by poppagun; 01-08-2008 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-08-2008, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by poppagun
GET the **** off the street racing subject people are going to do it, your not going to change them. yes its wrong, yes i do it but so are guns and fast food but im sure you use both.

o nice kill by the way.

but but but but but but.... it's my right to be ignored while expressing my anti-street racing sentiment in a street racing thread. My meek words will stop people from doing the racing that's be around since long before I was born.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by balla
Huh, what does that matter?
Not a big fan of this kind of chat, so I'll end with this. He mentioned that it's dangerous to race on the street or track, and I agree, but there's one big difference. Tracks require a waiver, meaning you and everyone else knows the risks associated with racing there. You don't sign a waiver to drive on public roads, which means no liability protection, and your car insurance will probably drop you if they hear about it (you can buy track insurance to cover track damage, but it's espensive as heck). Not saying it will happen, if you race and nothing happens, so much the better, I prefer not to take that chance. If you do, that's your call.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, that was pointless...

So, what year STi was this? That was asked a while ago and we still haven't received an answer.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:02 PM

you guys giving him **** for street racing need to back off.... he did not advertise he went street racing, he said he raced a guy, it could have been on his own property, drag strip, or on the street... you dont know, until you pick at it to find out.... so you are the one bring up the street race topic....

even if he did say i went street racing... so what... he already did it, him posting it or not posting it is not going to change wether he did it or not.

yes street racing can kill innocent people, and is illegal. but so does many other things that many of you people most likely do... speeding (1mph over is speeding), rolling stop signs, pass in no passing, tailgating,list goes on....

so back off!
Old 01-08-2008, 02:08 PM

Jesus, drop it already...
Old 01-08-2008, 09:50 PM

To all of you who think street racing is okay, take a look at these videos and then come back here and tell me its alright.
http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos-08...eet-Racing.htm
Old 01-08-2008, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by poppagun

o nice kill by the way.
Guns are not wrong. Guns are the constitutionally protected saviors of our lives. Street Racing and fast food in the same category? Wow.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:25 PM

why does every racing thread turn into a flame war about street racing? its getting kind of old.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:25 PM

useless without video.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by anthonyS88
why does every racing thread turn into a flame war about street racing? its getting kind of old.
I agree, street racing is getting kind of old.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:26 PM

what is old is a lot of members on this site arguing about street racing.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:29 PM

Canada

Originally Posted by h0l0caust
I STREET RACE! PERIOD. and i dont give ****.

nice kill btw
You belong in jail..
Old 01-08-2008, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by anthonyS88
I am going to step in for a second, because that is a post worth commenting on. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that if no body speaks up, street racing gets glorified by all the "nice kills", etc. Look, I am 40 years old and I have street raced many times. I still do sometimes under tightly controlled conditions. I will even go on the street within reason. A quick jump off the line to 40, or a downshift on a fairly open freeway from 55 to 80, but I am carefull and mature enough to be smart and not endanger myself or others. When someone posts a thread talking about how they raced so and so form a roll to 120 or whatever, others look at that and the positive responses and wants to do the same. It is our nature. By posting those kinds of threads, we encourage those that are not mature enough to know beter to go out and street race with little regard for themselves or others. Innocent people die as a result. We all know that street racing is as old as cars themselves. That is what it is. We are not going to stop it here. I, for one, however don't like to see it glorified and promoted as the thing to do to earn respect ammongst your fellow car enthusiasts.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:37 PM

wow, this thread turn into GASR. Guys against street racing. I know guys at every age that do it. Just be responsible and don't do it when other people are around. Make sure the road conditions are good, and especially don't put other people lives in jeopardy. If you do, then your a idiot period.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by srowler9
wow, this thread turn into GASR. Gays against street racing. I know guys at every age that do it. Just be responsible and don't do it when other people are around. Make sure the road conditions are good, and especially don't put other people lives in jeopardy. If you do, then your a idiot period.
fixed....

and again, don't confuse STREET RACING with people being idiots.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by MasterMike
You belong in jail..
i dont belong in jail at all.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by h0l0caust
i dont belong in jail at all.
he belongs in jail but not for street racing , ask chris hanson. ps would you like some cookies
Old 01-09-2008, 02:50 PM

fixed....

and again, STREET RACERS are ****.
Fixed.....
Old 01-09-2008, 03:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by StinkBOMB
Fixed.....
You suck at the fixing.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:32 PM

For every casualty resulting from street racing, the hollywood producers of movies like "The Fast and the Furious" should be sued.

The government should require that all race circuits in area's prone to street racing have free admission for evening hours at least three days a week.

New tracks should be built in area's that don't have them yet. It's not like we don't pay enough in taxes.

People are going race cars one way or another because it's fun and adds spice to hideously mundane lives. I don't care what regulations are put forth.

Not only is human nature above laws, it takes pride in shattering them.

They need to come up with better solutions that allow our instincts to be free, possibly even in constructive ways like tuner clubs and sponsors at the free admission track events.

That way pedestrians don't get killed and everybody is at least somewhat happy with a little bit of compromise.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by osiris
For every casualty resulting from street racing, the hollywood producers of movies like "The Fast and the Furious" should be sued.

The government should require that all race circuits in area's prone to street racing have free admission for evening hours at least three days a week.

New tracks should be built in area's that don't have them yet. It's not like we don't pay enough in taxes.

People are going race cars one way or another because it's fun and adds spice to hideously mundane lives. I don't care what regulations are put forth.

Not only is human nature above laws, it takes pride in shattering them.

They need to come up with better solutions that allow our instincts to be free, possibly even in constructive ways like tuner clubs and sponsors at the free admission track events.

That way pedestrians don't get killed and everybody is at least somewhat happy with a little bit of compromise.

These are the worse ideas I have ever heard. Last thing this country needs is more people being sued and forcing businesses to give stuff away for free.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by red_line_cobalt
you guys giving him **** for street racing need to back off.... he did not advertise he went street racing, he said he raced a guy, it could have been on his own property, drag strip, or on the street... you dont know, until you pick at it to find out.... so you are the one bring up the street race topic....

even if he did say i went street racing... so what... he already did it, him posting it or not posting it is not going to change wether he did it or not.

yes street racing can kill innocent people, and is illegal. but so does many other things that many of you people most likely do... speeding (1mph over is speeding), rolling stop signs, pass in no passing, tailgating,list goes on....

so back off!
i agree
Old 01-09-2008, 03:51 PM

These are the worse ideas I have ever heard. Last thing this country needs is more people being sued and forcing businesses to give stuff away for free.

Quick Reply: beat my first STI!