War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Beat my first vette today! ;)

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 11:42 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Just to be clear, a LS3 vette is roughly 400lbs heavier then a Cobalt. That's according to GM themselves. Not 200...
Old 12-27-2010, 11:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JBThrasher22
You do realize that more people are injured / killed with a motorist eatting or drinking while driving than illegal street racing per year. Not saying it is right just saying being ohollier than thou over this is stupid. Unless you always keep your hands on the wheel and eyes on the road at all times you percentage wise have a higher chance of injury/ fatality by changing a radio station ( non wheel control) talking on the phone or even drinking a coke then street racing just sayin.
thats the dumbest thing i've heard all week. You cant compaire fatalities on the road to street racing. Well you can but thats not the point. If the people racing took it at the track, there would be a 99.9% drop in deaths. Not to mention, the % of innocent people would be slim to nil.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by srt-10
thats the dumbest thing i've heard all week. You cant compaire fatalities on the road to street racing. Well you can but thats not the point. If the people racing took it at the track, there would be a 99.9% drop in deaths. Not to mention, the % of innocent people would be slim to nil.
More like a .9% drop in traffic deaths. The number of street racing accidents total compared to just random traffic fatalities isn't even close. street racing accidents are an extremely low number in all reality. They just get more publicity because the media puts it on the front page where as when someone randomly dies it's usually not on the front page.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:55 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I think it's funny that people acknowledge now that we can beat Vettes, when just a year ago when some friends and I reported it, everybody refused to believe it. lol

LS3 Vettes are tough to beat... not saying it can't be done, but you and your 'Balt both gotta be on your game.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shibito
More like a .9% drop in traffic deaths. The number of street racing accidents total compared to just random traffic fatalities isn't even close. street racing accidents are an extremely low number in all reality. They just get more publicity because the media puts it on the front page where as when someone randomly dies it's usually not on the front page.
Hell...
we had 4 people in the state die yesterday from accidents related to the snow/ice we got sunday night.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:59 PM

Fact remains that thousands of people die each year from basic things as drinking a coke while driving just remember that you drip 30 % of your reaction time to instances each time you take a sip of your coke. And there was a reported less than 75 street racing fatalities last year and of the 75 there were less than 10 innocent bystanders who were not involved in the act. Now go check the stats on fatalities due to cell phones. I'm not saying it is right I am stating the fact that being hollier than thou about the instance when you have just as much if not more of a chance of causing a accident by eatting drinking or talking on the phone. With that being said let me say doing any kind of racing or even at high speed runs with traffic is just plain moronic.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Stamina
I think it's funny that people acknowledge now that we can beat Vettes, when just a year ago when some friends and I reported it, everybody refused to believe it. lol

LS3 Vettes are tough to beat... not saying it can't be done, but you and your 'Balt both gotta be on your game.
I specifically remember being the first to run a Vette I got flamed horribly and I lost to it. I could pull it just a little 40-115 and then then I'd be watching the Vette's tail lights.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:32 AM

And just like every thread in this section, someone trolls around, and yells "Street racing = fail." If you don't like it, dont enter the section dedicated to street racing. I don't do it, but I don't come in here trying to bash people. Seriously, stfu. IBTL

OP. Good kill.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:40 AM

I specifically remember being the first to run a Vette I got flamed horribly and I lost to it. I could pull it just a little 40-115 and then then I'd be watching the Vette's tail lights.
First TC? Cuz you're def not the first Balt.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by JL-KA
First TC? Cuz you're def not the first Balt.
Ya. I loved the response from CSS.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:15 AM

guys, i just thought id post this because it would be something we could all look upon as how under estimated our cars are to other people lol! i promise this, it was by about 2 and a half cars from a 45 roll on his honk. yes my car was running absolutely great and i was on my game. so ill put it to those advantages. the guy in the vette was a bit bigger of a fellow, but he was to the floor cause i could here his exhaust from my car and he seemed to have shifted just fine. but who knows maybe he missed a gear for a sec cause that could have made the world of a difference! i cant hear too much after about a car ahead because im catless and muffler delete people that have this know how loud this is haha. but no this is not made up and i wish i had proof but it was kind of a spur of the moment thing! lol
Old 12-28-2010, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by cmatthewb101
And just like every thread in this section, someone trolls around, and yells "Street racing = fail." If you don't like it, dont enter the section dedicated to street racing. I don't do it, but I don't come in here trying to bash people. Seriously, stfu. IBTL

OP. Good kill.
its not dedicated to street racing, its "war stories" and it clearly says CCS.net doesnt support or encourage street racing, be smart and take it to the track.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:28 AM

^ Legality..you know there is a separate drag racing section..
Old 12-28-2010, 01:43 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
First off, to the OP: Good kill man. I bet it felt good to take down big brother 'Vette'!

Originally Posted by redcobalt07
yeah i love when people say they beat a corvette or something like that in a 45 roll street race like that is any good measure of what car is faster or not
It actually is. It is showing what car is faster and taking out the, say, AWD launch, or the 2 step, or the Mickey Thompson slicks you have on, or the big gear you have in the car. You sitll have to shift, and its actually more accurate to what car is 'faster'

Originally Posted by demento
Well like I have said before. To bad both of you did not slam into a tree or telephone pole. Street racing = fail
Seriously? If you don't like street racing, don't come in here on your priestly high horse and demean those in here that do. I could say smoking = fail, but people are still going to smoke.

Unless you have NEVER done it, never sped, or never broken a law on the road, then you have no room to talk.

I agree. See this is why this section of the forums is pointless. Its all about these kids that go out, illegal street racing (which is fail right there) And its mostly roll racing which is another fail. And then dont post proof, which is another fail.

If you want to make a nice post, take a video of you and a vette racing at a drag strip.
1) you came into this side of the forum to read stuff...sooooo...thats on you
2) I personally know people who are older than you or I that have been in the game racing since the late 80s at the track AND on the street on backroads where there are no other cars besides them and others who feel like them.
3) Roll racing is not a fail in any way form or fashion. its actually the most 'fair' or 'equal' race there is. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't a viable way to show the power of a vehicle.

its not dedicated to street racing, its "war stories" and it clearly says CCS.net doesnt support or encourage street racing, be smart and take it to the track.
So whats the 'drag racing' section for?
Old 12-28-2010, 01:54 AM

lol thanks snake. and by the way i saw your pic for the calendar and your pic took my vote love the black and white theme you got with the led tails. lol but yes lastly it felt really good to take down the big brother haha
Old 12-28-2010, 02:09 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Oh snap! Thanks for the vote man! I appreciate it. I didn't get to show the engine bay or the rest of the car, but it was the 'best' picture I had of it! Thanks for your vote man! And good lcuk wiht your balt! Keep her quick, reliable, and good looking!
Old 12-28-2010, 02:16 AM

yup no prob man and ya for sure! maybe be getting dynoed within the next couple of weeks so that should prove interesting haha
Old 12-28-2010, 11:33 AM
Banned

You're an idiot.

"I think street racing is fail so I'm gonna go into the War Stories where ppl only street race and tell them they are idiots."

That's real intelligent...
Takes one to know one
And I never called the op a idiot
Old 12-28-2010, 11:38 AM
Premium Member

Oh I did not know cars were meant to street race, and I did try it a few times up until I seen how stupid it was
haha probably when you realized you don't know how to drive
Old 12-28-2010, 11:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Godly
haha probably when you realized you don't know how to drive
Ya what ever
Old 12-28-2010, 01:08 PM

lolz
Old 12-28-2010, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Godly
I hate people on forums like you. You can set there and act like you've never street raced in your life but I guarantee you have.

Realize that alot of people don't have access to a track and its really their only option to drive their car the way its meant to be driven. So quit trying to act like your the worlds most law obiding citizen and accept the fact that everyone goofs off on the road when no one else is around.

So quit your bellyaching!

/Rant.

Anyway good kill OP!
almost signature worthy
Old 12-28-2010, 03:57 PM

Takes one to know one
And I never called the op a idiot
Well aren't you an intelligent 12 year old

Although I'm sure you're going to use your same come back
Old 12-28-2010, 07:48 PM

Just to be clear, a LS3 vette is roughly 400lbs heavier then a Cobalt. That's according to GM themselves. Not 200...
3250-2975=/=400, lol and I took the higher end of both cars

Full Test: 2008 Chevrolet Corvette

2008 Corvette - Model Year Highlights

and we all can agree the Cobalt weighs 2950-2975lbs, right?
Old 12-28-2010, 07:52 PM

All the ratings I've seen for the Cobalt SS are right around 2900lbs.

Don't say you took the higher end of the Vette when right in your first link they say the weight as tested was 3272

Quick Reply: Beat my first vette today! ;)