War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Beat my first vette today! ;)

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cobalt_Daddy
i doubt very much all 600hp supras only run 11's in the 1/4.
anything will have a shitty power curve when the turbo is as big as the motor and laggy as hell... i don't know why people always say supras have shitty power curves...i've seen plenty big power supras fly in the 1/4 mile... not all of them are setup to roll and even the ones that do roll go like snot... and keep up with or beat cars with supposed good power curves. not every supra has a huge laggy turbo so you're stereotyping the car.

hell the stock twin turbo supra with 320hp could hit 0-60 in a little over 4 seconds and nail low 13's at almost 110mph in the 1/4 mile. that's pretty quick in stock form nevermind having anything done to it...
Truth, just because most people are used to seeing youtube videos of dyno queen / highway warrior supras in cali (mostly) all around the country there are fast ass Supras in the 1/4 ranging from 10's down to 8's.

The majority of Supra's that most people see are set up by people who love to show their dynos and set their car up to ride great on the road but shitty at the track. Don't be a retard and regurgitate things you assume by watching youtube or hear other people say because they hop on the Supra hater bandwagon. I'm not the biggest fan but damn I respect a car that can hold over 600 whp on a stock block and do 9's in the quarter ... on a stock block.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by JBThrasher22
Truth, just because most people are used to seeing youtube videos of dyno queen / highway warrior supras in cali (mostly) all around the country there are fast ass Supras in the 1/4 ranging from 10's down to 8's.

The majority of Supra's that most people see are set up by people who love to show their dynos and set their car up to ride great on the road but shitty at the track. Don't be a retard and regurgitate things you assume by watching youtube or hear other people say because they hop on the Supra hater bandwagon. I'm not the biggest fan but damn I respect a car that can hold over 600 whp on a stock block and do 9's in the quarter ... on a stock block.
I love supras I wanted one before I got my t/a and I still plan on getting one eventually. There are plenty in the tens I know I was using it as an example. You guys are getting your panties in a bundle over nothing. I know three guys with supras at my track one is ~500 running low 12's and squeaks 11's ones ~550's closer to 600 running deep 11's almost tens and one runs nines dont know his power but I am guessing ~800 judging by the turbo and he sprays. You guys gotta stop being so sensitive.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:55 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
not sensitive just hate it when people stereotype a car as being a dyno queen or roll racer only with a shitty power band... any car can be made fast and there are plenty of supras out there that can prove it.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:28 AM

not sensitive just hate it when people stereotype a car as being a dyno queen or roll racer only with a shitty power band... any car can be made fast and there are plenty of supras out there that can prove it.
Im not arguing that didnt I just say there's a guy at my track running nines. Just saying the supra guys I know all know that the highway is where they shine and if you cant realize that then I dunno what to tell you
Old 12-31-2010, 12:41 PM

its a fact of the matter, the Supra's suspension was not made to launch... are there fast ass supras? yes, on suspension that does not resemble anything stock, lol

that is the big problem with them, traction...

and its not what you believe on youtube from other drivers so much as go and look at all the videos posted by Supra owners on youtube

90% of them will be from a roll, youtube is one of the main reasons they got that stereotype

"I trap 140, run high 10s, but will kill you from a roll"
Old 12-31-2010, 03:42 PM

what a good launch can do

YouTube - Evo X GSR vs Corvette Z06
Old 12-31-2010, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Shibito
I love the people who say a Vette can't lose to a Cobalt. Too bad Vette lovers, it can. 330whp in a Cobalt gives it the same hp to weight ratio as a Grand Sport LS3 Corvette. I know there are other factors that go into the race, but with the power to weight ratio that close. A good driver in a Cobalt will beat an average driver in the Vette.
i agree since a 02 vette drive asked me to race him from a 70 roll and lets say he couldnt keep up shure his was an auto too
Old 12-31-2010, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by BlackLsCoupe
i agree since a 02 vette drive asked me to race him from a 70 roll and lets say he couldnt keep up shure his was an auto too
yeah and that is a 300whp vette with a shitastic 4-speed auto

this is a 385whp vette with a 6-speed auto at worst

i've never said a vette couldn't lose to a Cobalt, **** a C6 can lose to a Cobalt

a well driven LS3 Vette will put a hurting on a tuned/bolt-on LNF Cobalt, and i'll continue to say that
Old 12-31-2010, 05:51 PM

i dont think that was a z06 but the evo rolled out hard at line damn
Old 12-31-2010, 10:32 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by jetaws6
i dont think that was a z06 but the evo rolled out hard at line damn
Nope it wasn't a Z06 .... it's missing a bunch of Z06 stuff....mainly the hood opening . That Vette was pulling hard on the back half thou.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
YouTube - 09 cobalt ss/tc vs c6 corvette

its all about the driver just b/c you have a fast car doesn't mean you can drive it fast
Old 01-01-2011, 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by JacBlackSS/TC
YouTube - 09 cobalt ss/tc vs c6 corvette

its all about the driver just b/c you have a fast car doesn't mean you can drive it fast
nice video.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:33 PM

If it was a 2009 corvette like you said in OP then it was running the 427hp LS3 motor and stock only weighing about 200 lbs more then our cobalts with around 300-320hp (with listed mods for OP car) the chances of you winning are .01% and that is due to a driver who had no business in a corvette to begin with. Not to bash on the OP, but I valet cars for a part time job and have driven a new 2009 C6 vette and own a Cobalt SS/TC and i know that vette can beat my car as it stands (sig for HP/TQ of my car) sorry but im calling bull **** until i see a video of this.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by m0ore4ustin391
If it was a 2009 corvette like you said in OP then it was running the 427hp LS3 motor and stock only weighing about 200 lbs more then our cobalts with around 300-320hp (with listed mods for OP car) the chances of you winning are .01% and that is due to a driver who had no business in a corvette to begin with. Not to bash on the OP, but I valet cars for a part time job and have driven a new 2009 C6 vette and own a Cobalt SS/TC and i know that vette can beat my car as it stands (sig for HP/TQ of my car) sorry but im calling bull **** until i see a video of this.
no one is going to take you seriously if you cant at least figure out proper specifications. not trying to be a dick but its been said on this thread numerous times a ls3 6spd has 430-436 crank hp if they have the bi-mode exhaust. look on chevy's website. plus youre comparing whp vs crank hp. makes no sense. make a proper argument.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by m0ore4ustin391
Thread is going in circles..
Old 01-03-2011, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Perfect.disguise
Thread is going in circles..
yeah agreed
Old 01-03-2011, 01:08 AM

YouTube - 2009 Chevrolet Corvette LS3 A6 Dyno Run
Old 01-03-2011, 03:43 AM

^ that is about right, though i've seen as high as 385whp stock...

i'll put it this way, the same dyno a Cobalt puts down 320+, that vette is going to be close to 390whp

Cobalts put down around 300-310whp bolt-on/tuned on heartbrakers, Ls3s put down 375 on heartbreakers... eiher way you're talking about 65 real horsepower difference, a couple hundred pounds, and one of them is RWD with a 6-speed

its just stacked against the Cobalt... you might run with the vette from 40-110, but even then i'd give the edge to the Vette... and then its going to pull on you so hard you might as well just concede its the slower car... because from a dig on the street, its going to be ugly... the same can be said on a prepped track

now no doubt with a shitty driver you could probably take a C6, that isn't what this is about, this is about car vs car... and the Cobalt is just in a losing battle that gets that much worse at the 1st hint of mods being brought in for the LS3

no doubt for what we have in our cars, most of us can stack up nicely against cars we probably shouldn't, however, i've been around street racing my whole life... this is the 1st I4 i've owned, i've owned more than one V8, I wouldn't want to put my car up against a full Bolt-on 6-speed LS1 f-body from a dig, much less a ******* Ls3 Corvette

and I probably have as much or more track time than MOST people here... but I will stand stand by that, i'm very confident in my abilities, **** I turned a 2.1 60' on some Faulken 452s but I also turned a 1.91 in a bone stock LS1 trans am... and they aren't a LS3 Vette, i'll just leave it at that

everyone is arguing that the vette is a 12.1-12.2 car, ok.... exactly HOW MANY stock turbo LNFs have ran that? 2? and they were on drag slicks, etc.... do you have any idea what a LS3 Vette would run on drag slicks only? mid 11s, that is without any exhaust work, no tune, etc.... you can't sit there and say "so and so ran low 12s in their cobalt" when they went to the line with a 16" wheel on some damn drag slicks, weight reduction, etc. and then use that as the bench mark of every stock turbo Cobalt... when it was a freakish time only a few have replicated... no doubt ZZP hit 11s stock turbo, in a shop car with weight reduction, smaller brakes, etc... and other than them, isn't cmiller the only other person who's hit low 12 with the stock turbo? and he was on full blown slicks, not even DRs... my point is, for the most part, this race won't even be close, you're taking a 12.7-12.9 car and trying to run with a 12.0-12.2. car... those 5 1/10ths equal to about 9-10 car lengths..........................even that race from a roll is going to be bad

this reminds me so much of back in the day when guys with lightly modded LS1 f-bodies were talking about outrunning terminator Cobras and then using videos and timeslips of guys who couldn't drive them for dick in their proof... completely ignored the guys reeling off mid/low 12s stock, always the guys running 13s or high 12s they used as their benchmark

and back then, I was a guy with a bolt-on, stalled, DR trans am(though I could run with them from a dig because of the stall and the jump i'd get but from a roll it was horrendous, they'd walk all over me) saying "it won't happen with a good driver"... i'll be here banging that drum on this issue as well, it just isn't happening

Last edited by 08inBama; 01-03-2011 at 04:10 AM.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:52 AM

well car vs car = a tie.

b/c without drivers they dont move...

so there goes that arguement.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:27 PM

ok, well, anyone who can drive a manual vs anyone who can drive a manual and/or if it runs into a 6-speed auto... the LNF is getting beat, end of discussion
Old 01-03-2011, 01:51 PM

regardless the OP beat a vette... who cares what the circumstances are... a win is a win and the vette owner probably wondered how a cobalt beat him.. everyone needs to stop being so butthurt... we all know a vette is a faster car in general but that does not mean that it can't lose to a lesser car from time to time..
Old 01-04-2011, 05:57 PM

^^^ exactly!!! I already know the numbers guys and never said he was a professional driver but just that I know he lost from the speeds we raced at. Heck who knows maybe he missed a gear for a split second and lost all the momentum.. All I know that it was a c6 regular 2009 model and manual. Not trying to be ricer here lol if I didn't win I wouldn't have posted haha. But ya great bids with dynos and speaking of which, to the people that want to see a vid of this I don't have one because I didn't have a camera ready in time and that's my bad lol. But I do promise I beat him
Old 01-04-2011, 08:02 PM

regardless the OP beat a vette... who cares what the circumstances are... a win is a win and the vette owner probably wondered how a cobalt beat him.. everyone needs to stop being so butthurt... we all know a vette is a faster car in general but that does not mean that it can't lose to a lesser car from time to time..

no the vette owner probably said.... "nows the time to get that driving lesson"

i'm sorry, we'd be LUCKY to outrun the LS2 vettes, the LS3 Vettes are a half second faster than them... but go ahead guys, don't listen to the guy trying to prevent you getting torn up in a race, keep racing those late model vettes
Old 01-04-2011, 08:04 PM

lol im not gonna go pick on them, just saying i got one and am happy :P
Old 01-04-2011, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by 08inBama
no the vette owner probably said.... "nows the time to get that driving lesson"

i'm sorry, we'd be LUCKY to outrun the LS2 vettes, the LS3 Vettes are a half second faster than them... but go ahead guys, don't listen to the guy trying to prevent you getting torn up in a race, keep racing those late model vettes
lol seriously who **** in your cornflakes this morning? noone is going out to race LS3 vettes now expecting to win... the OP won... we're all aware that this is probably not a normal outcome... why don't you go be a buzzkill somewhere else..

Quick Reply: Beat my first vette today! ;)