War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Beat my first vette today! ;)

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 08:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This thread is still alive....

Ok, the OP beat a vette, driver probably had a bad day. **** happends, i beat a LS3 Vette with my truck (not sure what year, i know the guy said it was a LS3) the only reason i won is he spun like crazy and then missed 2nd gear...**** happends. But a good driver in both cars the cobalt would get spanked.

/thread.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cobalt_Daddy
noone is going out to race LS3 vettes now expecting to win..
Meiz do!
Old 01-04-2011, 09:31 PM

lol seriously who **** in your cornflakes this morning? noone is going out to race LS3 vettes now expecting to win... the OP won... we're all aware that this is probably not a normal outcome... why don't you go be a buzzkill somewhere else..
sorry i'm a realist... I hate to see threads like this, i guess i've been around cars too long... beating a driver is never anything to brag about... not even going to lie, i've beaten cars I shouldn't, hell I outlaunched a modded evo and beat one through the 1/8th mile... do I go around bragging about it? no, I don't think i've ever even mentioned it here, the reason is i'd lose that war 18/20 times.... a driver should never be a measuring stick and Peter Griffin said it best, threads like this really grinds my gears
Old 01-04-2011, 10:06 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 08inBama
sorry i'm a realist... I hate to see threads like this, i guess i've been around cars too long... beating a driver is never anything to brag about... not even going to lie, i've beaten cars I shouldn't, hell I outlaunched a modded evo and beat one through the 1/8th mile... do I go around bragging about it? no, I don't think i've ever even mentioned it here, the reason is i'd lose that war 18/20 times.... a driver should never be a measuring stick and Peter Griffin said it best, threads like this really grinds my gears
Wrong, it's everything to brag about, especially when you beat them for money. Races are never Car Vs. Car, it's Car and driver Vs. Car and Driver. IDK if other tracks do it but here we have an event called NO E.T. where TONS of people grudge race for large amounts of money. Afterwords there is always tons of **** talking and bragging. Guess what? The winners get to brag about winning because they won.

Now obviously if the OP went out bragging that he could beat Vettes he would get put in his place rather quickly but the point is he won, he gets to brag about his win.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:19 AM

Think thats the point of racing, otherwise it would also be the car with the better Power:Weight ratio....no point in racing if u know you have less hp then someone.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:11 AM

I rub it in my friends face when I beat their cars. Just because I put the work and the money in to be faster doesn't mean I cant boast about it
Old 01-05-2011, 08:42 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jetaws6
I rub it in my friends face when I beat their cars. Just because I put the work and the money in to be faster doesn't mean I cant boast about it
lol exactly... this is ridiculous... people again say roll racing is gay because it doesn't require skill... yet the vette lost to a balt on a roll probably because the other driver sucked ... now tell me where the skill had no bearing on the outcome in that roll?
you can't win in this forum... if you beat a faster car it's because the other guy couldn't drive yet if you win from a roll others will say roll racing is gay and requires no skill... so you can't win..

so really anyone can build a faster car with the right amount of money... there is no skill there and no victory in winning if you knew your car had a tonne of money into it and was faster... and if you lose it's just embarrasing because you suck at driving...

as damien said... racing is: car + driver vs. car + driver...

who cares why he won... he won!

it's not the first time a faster car lost a race and it won't be the last so just accept it.. besides most people don't have the ***** to admit they lost a race on this forum and post it... which is why there is more people claiming wins against faster cars than loses against them.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:51 PM

lol exactly... this is ridiculous... people again say roll racing is gay because it doesn't require skill... yet the vette lost to a balt on a roll probably because the other driver sucked ... now tell me where the skill had no bearing on the outcome in that roll?
you can't win in this forum... if you beat a faster car it's because the other guy couldn't drive yet if you win from a roll others will say roll racing is gay and requires no skill... so you can't win..

so really anyone can build a faster car with the right amount of money... there is no skill there and no victory in winning if you knew your car had a tonne of money into it and was faster... and if you lose it's just embarrasing because you suck at driving...

it's not the first time a faster car lost a race and it won't be the last so just accept it.. besides most people don't have the ***** to admit they lost a race on this forum and post it... which is why there is more people claiming wins against faster cars than loses against them.

racing from a roll does not require near as much skill as running from a dig, however, that doesn't mean everyone can do it... however, I will definitely bet this, you give me 2 weeks and I could have just about anyone racing pretty competitively from a roll... from a dig, they'd still be getting their feet wet

Roll Racing is GAY racing

a tuned/bolt-on LNF Cobalt is getting car lengths put on it by 90% of the Ls3 Vettes on the damn road, the 10% being those with terrible drivers
Old 01-05-2011, 07:58 PM

it's not the first time a faster car lost a race and it won't be the last so just accept it.. besides most people don't have the ***** to admit they lost a race on this forum and post it... which is why there is more people claiming wins against faster cars than loses against themThats why i post ALL my videos that i record of racing, win or lose..

IMO roll racing is gay, that being said you still need to know how to ****, from a dig requires more skill then roll racing.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:25 PM

racing from a roll does not require near as much skill as running from a dig, however, that doesn't mean everyone can do it... however, I will definitely bet this, you give me 2 weeks and I could have just about anyone racing pretty competitively from a roll... from a dig, they'd still be getting their feet wet

a tuned/bolt-on LNF Cobalt is getting car lengths put on it by 90% of the Ls3 Vettes on the damn road, the 10% being those with terrible drivers
thank you for proving everyones point... this thread is obviously reflected by that 10% .. so quit acting so suprised and upset that everyone believes it happened .. as it's been said time and time again... it's car and driver not just car... so the superior car doesn't always win.. that's what makes racing fun and competative.. if the faster car always won because it's "supposed to" then noone would ever race..
Old 01-05-2011, 08:35 PM

^ so what
Old 01-05-2011, 09:02 PM

Threads like this make me lulz. I'll go find a LS3 Vette and see what my little SS/TC can do.. 1:1 mix, 24 PSI, 75 shot.. I'm praying the transmission stays together everytime I spray it haha. I guess if I beat one though, I will have people saying it didn't happen, or it's not possible because every Vette owner is a pro driver.

Sidenote: Shibito, do you have a gen1 or gen2 to whipple?
Old 01-05-2011, 09:17 PM

How about this, if you race a car, especially one like a vette, and you beat him. Make sure you record if. If you didnt record it, dont post. /thread
Old 01-05-2011, 09:18 PM

lol umm how about no
Old 01-05-2011, 09:26 PM

I have videos haha. H/C 6.0 gto, 03 cobras, zl 550 camaro, 06 full bolt on/cams mustang gt, 252et swapped ss/tc.. But this thread isn't about me. Haha
Old 01-05-2011, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by 2006RedCobaltSS
I have videos haha. H/C 6.0 gto, 03 cobras, zl 550 camaro, 06 full bolt on/cams mustang gt, 252et swapped ss/tc.. But this thread isn't about me. Haha
lol, well unfortunely on this cobalt forum you need some sort of proof that you beat any car, otherwise it starts a **** storm. When i beat a Mustang Saleen with 480whp at the strip, everyone called bs until i was able to upload the pics of the car and the time slip.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:05 PM

also full of younger people that like to make a race seem like a lot more haha. v6 mustang = gt500. reason i keep quiet and do my own thing.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:13 PM

i pulled multiple c6 vettes just saying
Old 01-05-2011, 11:44 PM

wow i can't believe some of the things i just read lol
Old 01-05-2011, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by JacBlackSS/TC
wow i can't believe some of the things i just read lol
want to read it again?
Old 01-06-2011, 12:29 AM

no that's ok still recovering from the 1st headache i got
Old 01-06-2011, 05:04 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 2006RedCobaltSS
Threads like this make me lulz. I'll go find a LS3 Vette and see what my little SS/TC can do.. 1:1 mix, 24 PSI, 75 shot.. I'm praying the transmission stays together everytime I spray it haha. I guess if I beat one though, I will have people saying it didn't happen, or it's not possible because every Vette owner is a pro driver.

Sidenote: Shibito, do you have a gen1 or gen2 to whipple?
gen 2. I'm liking the new 2.9L Whipples though so I might swap to that after my switch to E85 starts feeling slow.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by srt-10
How about this, if you race a car, especially one like a vette, and you beat him. Make sure you record if. If you didnt record it, dont post. /thread
lol even if you record it someone will still think the other driver sucked... video evidence won't prove a thing unless it's a video of teh vette driver shifting like a mad man driving the hell out of his car.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:18 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^Yeah...

There are and always will be many variables in a race. How many times in professional racing did a better driver win when he had a worse car... or a worse driver win when he had a better one... or one that should win takes a wrong turn or breaks down. Despite those variables, the only thing that really matters is who crosses the finish line first.

People can and will speculate about races even with video, but at the end of the day you just gotta count a win as a win. Sometimes the variables don't line up right for a car/driver that day, but that's just the nature of it all.

If a Geo Metro won a quarter mile race against a Corvette because the Corvette broke down off the line, then the Geo wins, not the Corvette because it "should have" won or something.

If the purpose is just to know "which car is faster" though, then you always have to ask "in the hands of whom"? Otherwise, we're just left with what looks faster on paper as far as specs.

I hate to sound cliche, but a win is a win I guess I'm just saying. It's just how it goes. Sure maybe one car should have won over another, but if we only went by that then what's the point of racing.

Last edited by Stamina; 01-06-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:30 AM
Premium Member

IMHO ..... A win is a win only when you are racing for money or point's . Otherwise 90% of most races are to figure out which car is faster ......even if it takes a few times (due to driver error) to come up with an average. Lol .... I just had to put this smart ass comment in here.

Now......
here's to hoping this thread die's, and stays dead .

Quick Reply: Beat my first vette today! ;)