War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Beat a turboed SUV tonight.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 03:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beat a turboed SUV tonight.

yeh i raced my 2.2 against a turbo mazda cx-7. and let me tell you those things are **** poor slow. smoked him 3 out of 3 by 2 car lengths each time. it was the dudes moms. he said that the turbo doesnt fully spool till bout 3k which is really gay. i smoked him off the line hard each time. and by the ver yvery end of the 1/4 mi. he was jus finally starting to make ground, but what does that matter that was the finish line.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:18 AM

go again tell him to foot brake it (fully boosted) and take off trac control hell smoke you those are quick should be quicker than you if he knew how to drive...after take off wasent he reelin you in? but oviously you were a better driver so congrats!
Old 03-27-2008, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by hungryhip-ccp
go again tell him to foot brake it (fully boosted) and take off trac control hell smoke you those are quick should be quicker than you if he knew how to drive...after take off wasent he reelin you in? but oviously you were a better driver so congrats!
he tried that on the third time and i still had him. granted i foot brake and launch perfect every time....he did it with the trac off. he was in sport mode so he was shiftin it too.. he wasnt reelin me till about 70-75mph but by then it was too late
Old 03-27-2008, 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by 07BluBalt
he tried that on the third time and i still had him. granted i foot brake and launch perfect every time....he did it with the trac off. he was in sport mode so he was shiftin it too.. he wasnt reelin me till about 70-75mph but by then it was too late
huh never raced one just drove one, funny how when turbo cars pull they may feel fast but apperently all are not good kill shouldent really be anything left... YOU WON! fair and square... wait 70-75 so 1/4 mile he'd agot you? and what about a roll you try that? dosent matter you still won...
Old 03-27-2008, 03:42 AM

no i meant right at about 70 -75 he started to come back, not fast but creepin. by the time we hit 90 i still had 1+ car length- thats a little over a 1/4 mi.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by 07BluBalt
no i meant right at about 70 -75 he started to come back, not fast but creepin. by the time we hit 90 i still had 1+ car length- thats a little over a 1/4 mi.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:28 AM

oh my god. what is the world coming to?
Old 03-29-2008, 12:33 AM

street racing ftl
Old 03-29-2008, 12:37 AM

who said it was a street race?
Old 03-29-2008, 12:51 AM

I'm not gonna lie it was
Old 03-29-2008, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by bigrroberto
street racing ftl
^^^^^scared of the poe poe^^^^^
Old 03-30-2008, 03:05 AM

^^^^^scared of the poe poe^^^^^
scared of killing innocent bystanders = intelligent = not you.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by cakeeater
scared of killing innocent bystanders = intelligent = not you.
i know the risks... 4 people were killed by a DRUNK DRIVER at our street races not a racer, not some young kid, a DRUNK DRIVER drunk driving ftl street racing ftw imo now if you dont like my opinion thats fine... im not arguing that its dangerous, but so is life! would you rather sit in a house protected from the world or would you rather live? i like to live and ill take my chances... thread is dead any ways, just cause you cant keep your mustang in a sraight line dosent mean that everyone cant drive! jk

Last edited by hungryhip-ccp; 03-30-2008 at 11:14 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:29 PM

i know the risks... 4 people were killed by a DRUNK DRIVER at our street races not a racer, not some young kid, a DRUNK DRIVER drunk driving ftl street racing ftw imo now if you dont like my opinion thats fine... im not arguing that its dangerous, but so is life! would you rather sit in a house protected from the world or would you rather live? i like to live and ill take my chances... thread is dead any ways, just cause you cant keep your mustang in a sraight line dosent mean that everyone cant drive! jk
ill take my chances shooting off my 12 gauge at squirrels running across the window sills of your house then. **** around with your own life all you want, street racing is dangerous for the rest of us, i dont care if you hit a tree. I don't drive drunk either, but i guess since more people are killed by drunk drivers, street racing must be fine. Good logic, you are gonna go a long way in life. i usually don't get involved in this, but making a joke about someone who knows how stupid street racing is just calls for it.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by cakeeater
ill take my chances shooting off my 12 gauge at squirrels running across the window sills of your house then. **** around with your own life all you want, street racing is dangerous for the rest of us, i dont care if you hit a tree. I don't drive drunk either, but i guess since more people are killed by drunk drivers, street racing must be fine. Good logic, you are gonna go a long way in life. i usually don't get involved in this, but making a joke about someone who knows how stupid street racing is just calls for it.

your a funny feller dont get your panties in a wad! call me stupid/immature all you want when it comes down to it ill take care of my self and you can qft cause you and your posts mean nothing to me! obviously your not going to change me or the whole world so like i said before pull your g-string out your ass and live life to the fullest... ps im not 16,17,18 or anywhere close so dont think of me or talk to me like im a immature kid who thinks im invincible... i took a stab at you cuz i was making a now youve turned it into some kind of save the world ****... street racing FTL happy now? you win im stupid!

life is too short for this arguing/disagreeing ****... thats why i simply said imo now youve spoke yours and ive said mine so once again, end of thread............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......................................... wait a min looking at the thread you didnt even post street racing ftl i wasent even talking to you wtf are you so pissy about if your just looking out for me then i understand and im sorry for being simi rude to you but yeah ill take care of my own... and good lookin out!