War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Big turbo GTI vs Cobalt SS/SC

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Brian MP5T
See the funny thing is SOME OF YOU WIERDOS Still think the SS is better even if that is a $100,000 car.

I agree that there is no place for it in the "Sport Compact" class simply because of the cost. But some of you crazy wankers are willing to go down with the ship.

"My SS is Faster than an M3 so its better (And I have Sex with my Cousin)"
bolded cause i spit water all over my fucken screen when i read that.

and too all the nay-sayers, German cars are much more well built than American cars.

Don't even get me started on the recalls my buddies taken his SS/SC in for!

Granted VW does have a little trouble sometimes with lemons, none of the other Manufacturer's do.

and calling VW **** is just ludacris, I'd personally take a R32 over a SS/TC and i love the SS/TC's and no i dont care that the R32 is more expensive, its a 3.2 VR6 and with a lil turbo, or supercharger those things straight fly! Audi AWD FTMFW!

I've gotta agree with the MP5 guys arguements here.

Some of you are just a tad too loyal to your Cobalts.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:00 PM

Finally someone who sees my humor!
Old 04-22-2009, 05:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
bolded cause i spit water all over my fucken screen when i read that.

and too all the nay-sayers, German cars are much more well built than American cars.

Don't even get me started on the recalls my buddies taken his SS/SC in for!

Granted VW does have a little trouble sometimes with lemons, none of the other Manufacturer's do.

and calling VW **** is just ludacris, I'd personally take a R32 over a SS/TC and i love the SS/TC's and no i dont care that the R32 is more expensive, its a 3.2 VR6 and with a lil turbo, or supercharger those things straight fly! Audi AWD FTMFW!

I've gotta agree with the MP5 guys arguements here.

Some of you are just a tad too loyal to your Cobalts.
say hello to 10k+ worth of work to make 300 whp! Shitty engine, internals, and needs a turbo upgrade. Id rather spend 3k on a turbo kit and make 400 whp in the SS/TC or spend 3k on my CSRT and make 433whp/533wtq with stock components.

VW's are the only non-tuner friendly tuner cars. They SUCK from a modding standpoint. Those things cost a small fortune to modify. Every tuner that VW makes ( GTI's, MKV's, Farenheit, R32, and whatever other crap models they put out ) are the worst modders on the market. Civic si/RSX-s have a cheapo aftermarket. NSRT4, CSRT4's can make boku numbers without busting a sweat on stock internals. SS/TC has already made more whp on a stock turbo than that GTI's make on a turbo upgrade. WRX/STI's have amazing AWD and can easily make 12's and 11's with little work. EVO's have forged components, and a decently sized turbo, mid 11's and low 12's on those = bolt ons and a tune.

sooo, how exactly are the engines in any VW tuner better when they break easier than every other car I just listed? Even the MS3 is a better platform and those damn things had rods breaking from the factory. All VW has for the GTI is advertising, and this mentality that "foreign is better", and their plaid scottish kilt interiors.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:36 PM

Oh my ****, you actually just 100% proved his entire post...
Old 04-22-2009, 05:40 PM

car is nice if he was local i would have bought it.

while we are on the topic of Euros i want to pick up a 2002 audi S4 for a daily driver my question is cobalts have hptuners what do audi's have. Its a biturbo with the K04 so i would just do the turbo wheel mod, exhaust intake headers and call it good. But how do they tune it maybe i should start a new thread as this is a hell of a thread jack

Last edited by pimpnwink; 04-22-2009 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-22-2009, 05:46 PM
Banned

u are a confused little man....
Old 04-22-2009, 05:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
funny well built german cars my service advisor at work has a 2003 VW jetta 1.8T guess what his cheap plastic water pump fins snapped off in his block I had to do the pump the thermostat and his timing belt and the tensioner setup is just retarded you need an M5 x 55 bolt to compress the hydraulic tensioner stupidest design ever all you fanbois saying VW's are the **** havent worked on them OR try to get parts for them JUNK! The only aspect they take our car in MAY be the interior Good job OP

Originally Posted by pimpnwink

while we are on the topic of Euros i want to pick up a 2002 audi S4 for a daily driver my question is cobalts have hptuners what do audi's have. Its a biturbo with the K04 so i would just do the turbo wheel mod, exhaust intake headers and call it good. But how do they tune it maybe i should start a new thread as this is a hell of a thread jack
the S4's have chips for them and they really wake them up just like us stGE 1 - 3

Last edited by zrated89; 04-22-2009 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-22-2009, 05:52 PM

some thing about putting chips on a car makes me shudder lol. Ill look into it on their forums thanks.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:59 PM

Haha!!!! and the AWD system in the R32's is actually a really amazing system as well. but i wont even try and explain any of that. you're obviously stuck in your own groove.

and if you think the GTI looks nasty whats that make your Cailber?

HAHAHAHA! i'd say those are just about the ugliest cars on the road other than the Aztek. . .

i dont care if it make 100000000000hp with 6 dollars of upgrades it still looks like shiiiiiiit!
Old 04-22-2009, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by pimpnwink

It's not an actual "chip". It's a downloaded tune. There are several companies out there that do this. I have the GIAC tune on my car, which made it from 6-7 PSI factory boost to about 14 PSI (1 Bar). It also made throttle response better and low end as well. I got bigger injectors and went for what they call the 1+ tune which mean I'm running 21 PSI and didn't have to upgrade anything else.

The S4 is about the same way. K04's on the S4 with a nice tune is crazy power!

Quick edit...check out audizine.com. Loads of info!
Old 04-22-2009, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by audi dude
It's not an actual "chip". It's a downloaded tune. There are several companies out there that do this. I have the GIAC tune on my car, which made it from 6-7 PSI factory boost to about 14 PSI (1 Bar). It also made throttle response better and low end as well. I got bigger injectors and went for what they call the 1+ tune which mean I'm running 21 PSI and didn't have to upgrade anything else.

The S4 is about the same way. K04's on the S4 with a nice tune is crazy power!

Quick edit...check out audizine.com. Loads of info!
what kinda power are you making with 21 psi now?

and what car exactly is that in your sig? what engine is in it too?

just for all these people saying German cars are trash.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:11 PM
Banned

Haha!!!! and the AWD system in the R32's is actually a really amazing system as well. but i wont even try and explain any of that. you're obviously stuck in your own groove.

HAHAHAHA! i'd say those are just about the ugliest cars on the road other than the Aztek. . .

i dont care if it make 100000000000hp with 6 dollars of upgrades it still looks like shiiiiiiit!
Firstly, u replied to the wrong person.

Secondly, I never said the GTI looks nasty? It looks like a nice car ( minus that awful PLAID interior ).

Thirdly, I paid for a car with a REAL engine and tranny in it, along with TONS of creature comforts and all year versatility. Honestly, do hatches ever look better than coupes and 2 seaters? I dont think so.

I can plow through the snow, pile up just as much stuff as a flat bed, have cold drinks in the built in cooler, and kick ass down the drag strip. Not to mention the stock internals in the CSRT4 are easily handling 570+ whp with a big turbo upgrade. Its an EVO X engine without the EVO price tag.

And if all u care about is looks, then u really shouldnt mod anything. Last time I checked:

functional > cosmetics

U may not like the way my car looks, but honestly all youll ever see is my rear end so I guess it wouldnt matter what it looks like huh?

O, btw, I trapped higher than u STOCK.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:00 PM

No Dude,

You just Pwned yourself. I wasn't talking about you... It was the dude directly above my post.

So in essence you just flamed me for agreeing with you.. FAIL
Old 04-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Banned

No Dude,

You just Pwned yourself. I wasn't talking about you... It was the dude directly above my post.

LOLOLOLZ

this is funny as hell....
Old 04-22-2009, 08:14 PM

why all of you still bitching lol
Old 04-22-2009, 08:15 PM

You are still the owner of a Cobalt...
Old 04-22-2009, 08:16 PM

are you talking to me
Old 04-22-2009, 08:17 PM

Umm... Do you own a Cobalt? If No then No.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:35 PM
I'm too JDM for you

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
and you still own a protege. :giggle:
Old 04-22-2009, 09:55 PM

what kinda power are you making with 21 psi now?

and what car exactly is that in your sig? what engine is in it too?

just for all these people saying German cars are trash.
I put down 205 WHP and I have the 1.8T engine. I ran the 1/8th in 9.6 at 73 MPh. The car isn't "fast" compared to the Cobalt SS by no means, but it's really impressive for a "luxury family sedan". My car is a 2003 Audi A4.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:22 AM

the r32 isnt awd its 4 motion theirs a difference and the r32 is way over priced for its performance and cost thousands of dollars to even make any power. the r32 has nice interior (i like the old r32 seats better) and they handle well but when comes to going they are just pathetic. the only respectable vw when it comes to performance will be the gti-r if it comes out.

Originally Posted by audi dude
I put down 205 WHP and I have the 1.8T engine. I ran the 1/8th in 9.6 at 73 MPh. The car isn't "fast" compared to the Cobalt SS by no means, but it's really impressive for a "luxury family sedan". My car is a 2003 Audi A4.
your audi is pretty sexy

Last edited by supermantxz24; 04-23-2009 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-23-2009, 01:54 PM

No Dude,

i was agreeing with you, and most of that post was in response to the guy you were talking too, guess i shoulda qouted him too.

Originally Posted by 1badss/sc1
O, btw, I trapped higher than u STOCK.
Last time i checked the winner of a race didnt win based apon trap speed.

And congrats really, if i were at sea level with a DA closer to 0 i'd have ran a 12.6 @ 106 with a 1.9 60' when my car is capable of at least a 1.7 60' on DR's. So that'd put me around a 12.4 at least, most likely lower, and with stock unported heads on a car thats nearly old enough to be your cars father. And cost 1/6 the price.

So what great times does your Box run?

And sure those motors can handle 500whp. . . but the question is for how long? 30k miles. . . im guessing thats a high estimate. My car can and will handle that much power for 100k, 150k, hell maybe even 200k.

But you've got that cooler in your car. . . got me on that one.

Last edited by PNYKLR-TA; 04-23-2009 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-23-2009, 04:30 PM
Banned

i was agreeing with you, and most of that post was in response to the guy you were talking too, guess i shoulda qouted him too.

Last time i checked the winner of a race didnt win based apon trap speed.

And congrats really, if i were at sea level with a DA closer to 0 i'd have ran a 12.6 @ 106 with a 1.9 60' when my car is capable of at least a 1.7 60' on DR's. So that'd put me around a 12.4 at least, most likely lower, and with stock unported heads on a car thats nearly old enough to be your cars father. And cost 1/6 the price.

So what great times does your Box run?

And sure those motors can handle 500whp. . . but the question is for how long? 30k miles. . . im guessing thats a high estimate. My car can and will handle that much power for 100k, 150k, hell maybe even 200k.

But you've got that cooler in your car. . . got me on that one.
can u handle 570+ whp on stock internals? I dont think so. That lt motor would blow itself to the moon on an 570 whp FI application without any forged components. Not only this, but the 570 whp CSRT has been running this setup for a long time now, and it has been beaten on from countless dynos, and drag strip races.

BTW, our engines are forged, so I can promise that not only will they handle more power stock for stock, but they will handle more power with internals too.

13.9 @ 106.6 with a 2.3 60' STOCK. Im about 60 whp / 95 ft lbs stronger than what I was stock. In fact, I wouldnt be surprised if I not only have more whp/wtq than u, but also have a better power/weight ratio as well.

And I drive a toaster box, mini bus, turbo van, etc. Funny how that works huh?

Functionality > Cosmetics

^ remember this

And to think u were the one talking about how awsome it is owning an under dog, yet u try to dog mine on its looks. Let ur true colors show.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by {TEAM ADRENALINE}
I hate to disagree with u but the new VW's arent worth ****. In the long run they fall aprt and are actually poorly built
I agree I have seen many vw's go to **** within 36k miles...........they are expensive but built cheap as ****

Why are there so many people on an SS forum bashing the SS for a shitty VW????
Old 04-23-2009, 04:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Weaver332
I agree I have seen many vw's go to **** within 36k miles...........they are expensive but built cheap as ****

Why are there so many people on an SS forum bashing the SS for a shitty VW????

because the general populus is brainwashed into thinking that foriegn is better by default. Theyre completely dillusional.

Quick Reply: Big turbo GTI vs Cobalt SS/SC