War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Big turbo GTI vs Cobalt SS/SC

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1badss/sc1
13.9 @ 106.6 with a 2.3 60' STOCK. Im about 60 whp / 95 ft lbs stronger than what I was stock. In fact, I wouldnt be surprised if I not only have more whp/wtq than u, but also have a better power/weight ratio as well.

And to think u were the one talking about how awsome it is owning an under dog, yet u try to dog mine on its looks. Let ur true colors show.
buahahahahahahahaha 13.9 stock, i ran a 14.0 stock in 95 degree weather with a DA near 2500'

And power to weight blah blah blah you can have more of everything and better everything yet you are still SLOWER?

and btw looks dont make a car an underdog. . . everyone in their right mind knows those 2.4L turbo motors dodge makes can handle power and make a good amount of power. hows that an under dog? infact i'd say your car is near the top of the food chain for its class making it the car everyone gunning to beat.

My car on the other hand is old technology especially compared to LSx motors.

and Yes my motor could handle that much power stock WITHOUT forged internals, infact there are a few FI guys running near 550rwhp and their cars have been running strong for quiet some time.

BTW, our engines are forged, so I can promise that not only will they handle more power stock for stock, but they will handle more power with internals too.
You can't be serious. . . .there are severl LT1's with forged internals with well over 1000hp and have been for quiet some time.

No 4 cylinder will hold more power than any V8 if both motors have built internals.

Last edited by PNYKLR-TA; 04-23-2009 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-23-2009, 05:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
buahahahahahahahaha 13.9 stock, i ran a 14.0 stock in 95 degree weather with a DA near 2500'

And power to weight blah blah blah you can have more of everything and better everything yet you are still SLOWER?

and btw looks dont make a car an underdog. . . everyone in their right mind knows those 2.4L turbo motors dodge makes can handle power and make a good amount of power. hows that an under dog? infact i'd say your car is near the top of the food chain for its class making it the car everyone gunning to beat.

My car on the other hand is old technology especially compared to LSx motors.

and Yes my motor could handle that much power stock WITHOUT forged internals, infact there are a few FI guys running near 550rwhp and their cars have been running strong for quiet some time.
that 14.0 is still lower, and Ill be willing to bet ur trap wasnt ANYWHERE CLOSE to mine ( aka my car is more powerful than urs in the top end, and from a roll ).

Slower?? Hows that? I got a better ET than u stock, and Im making gobs more power now than I was before with just a PCM, exhaust, and intake. And like I said, Id be willing to bet Im making more power than u AND I weigh about 300 lbs less. So again, how are u faster?

being an underdog is being on the not liked team. Most people dont like the CSRT because of its looks. Regardless of the gem thats under the hood ( the engine, tranny, clutch, etc ), they hate it because its not pretty looking. Ur no better hating on the car for its looks than everyone else. And this is why it makes me sooo much happier smoking a nice looking beamer, camaro, TA, mustang etc because its not supposed to happen. The CSRT is the ultimate sleeper.

Were going to have to agree to disagree on the lt's making 550whp on stock internals. I happen know for a fact that those engines ( to include a friend of mines ) have a tendency to kaboom. I dont see a lt making 550 whp reliably without some sort of engine support mods.

**and thats still not 570whp either**
Old 04-23-2009, 05:22 PM

that 14.0 is still lower, and Ill be willing to bet ur trap wasnt ANYWHERE CLOSE to mine ( aka my car is more powerful than urs in the top end, and from a roll ).

Slower?? Hows that? I got a better ET than u stock, and Im making gobs more power now than I was before with just a PCM, exhaust, and intake. And like I said, Id be willing to bet Im making more power than u AND I weigh about 300 lbs less. So again, how are u faster?

being an underdog is being on the not liked team. Most people dont like the CSRT because of its looks. Regardless of the gem thats under the hood ( the engine, tranny, clutch, etc ), they hate it because its not pretty looking. Ur no better hating on the car for its looks than everyone else. And this is why it makes me sooo much happier smoking a nice looking beamer, camaro, TA, mustang etc because its not supposed to happen. The CSRT is the ultimate sleeper.

Were going to have to agree to disagree on the lt's making 550whp on stock internals. I happen know for a fact that those engines ( to include a friend of mines ) have a tendency to kaboom. I dont see a lt making 550 whp reliably without some sort of engine support mods.

**and thats still not 570whp either**
ok what was the DA when you ran that 13.9. . . my point in saying i ran a 14.0 in 2500' DA and that in any kinda of decent weather it would have been a high to mid 13. . . .and DEF below a 13.9.

I'm sure you dont understand much about DA's as you've made that obvious.

And what are you running now? Funny how you resort to the from a roll my car is faster. And the I trap higher, well last time i checked the person who crosses the traps first wins, not the person with the higher Trap speed

We can argue all day, but your car is not faster than mine sorry buddy.

We arent trap speed racing. ohh and that 12.9 run was the first run i've ever had with an A/M converter and then the track shut down cause some a-hole went kabloom and oil everywhere.

With some practice i should be able to hit a 12.7 or lower once again in 2000' DA.

Whats your fastest time?? [ET wise, casue thats what really counts]

P.S.

Sure if its an old warn out LT1 it will go kabloom with that much power, but there are several well taken care of LT1's that i know of that run 550+rwhp with nitrous and or FI all day long.

These guys are on stock shortblocks that have anywhere from 75k to 175k.

Just have to take care of the motor and not treat it like Joe Dirt.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:45 PM
Banned

ok what was the DA when you ran that 13.9. . . my point in saying i ran a 14.0 in 2500' DA and that in any kinda of decent weather it would have been a high to mid 13. . . .and DEF below a 13.9.

I'm sure you dont understand much about DA's as you've made that obvious.

And what are you running now? Funny how you resort to the from a roll my car is faster. And the I trap higher, well last time i checked the person who crosses the traps first wins, not the person with the higher Trap speed

We can argue all day, but your car is not faster than mine sorry buddy.

We arent trap speed racing. ohh and that 12.9 run was the first run i've ever had with an A/M converter and then the track shut down cause some a-hole went kabloom and oil everywhere.

With some practice i should be able to hit a 12.7 or lower once again in 2000' DA.

Whats your fastest time?? [ET wise, casue thats what really counts]

P.S.

Sure if its an old warn out LT1 it will go kabloom with that much power, but there are several well taken care of LT1's that i know of that run 550+rwhp with nitrous and or FI all day long.

These guys are on stock shortblocks that have anywhere from 75k to 175k.

Just have to take care of the motor and not treat it like Joe Dirt.
I dont care what the DA is, u still ran a 14.0, which is slower. Ur point in pointing out the DA is because u didnt beat a 13.9. If Im going to make excuses for myself like u are then how about this. I ran a 13.9 @ 106.6 with only ONE TIME at the track. I didnt get the car till late last year and went on the last day the track was open. If I had an entire season I can guarantee I would have gotten a better time than that. Sooo, we can go back and forth about this crap all day long, but in the end I still got a 13.9 and u still got a 14.0.

I havent run her yet this season. However I do know that stage 1 guys running light bolt ons have netted low 13's. I have stage 1, with lots of bolt ons, and a TCS for launching. My stock times are better than the average driver, so Id be safe in expecting at least a 12.9 this season with a really high trap. Possibly DR's in the late season.

Im not resorting to from a roll, Im pointing out the fact that my car is stronger than urs. 20mph, 40, 60, hell even 5, Id more than likely crush u. The only advantage u have is from a dig. Anything other than that and ud be toast. Soooo. on the highway u see me what u going to do? Ask me to stop so we can go from a dig? I dont think so. A car should be fast all around, not just from a dig. Trap indicates roll strength, ET indicates dig strength. Its best to have both being strong, not one or the other. This is why the TCS is going to help in the dig.

also, I said STOCK INTERNALS not block. Psitons, rods, crank, etc need to be stock. EVERYTHING other than the fuel injectors must be stock. Those engines are already high compression, how the hell u going to run 550whp FI without lower compression pistons?
Old 04-23-2009, 05:57 PM

I dont care what the DA is, u still ran a 14.0, which is slower. Ur point in pointing out the DA is because u didnt beat a 13.9. If Im going to make excuses for myself like u are then how about this. I ran a 13.9 @ 106.6 with only ONE TIME at the track. I didnt get the car till late last year and went on the last day the track was open. If I had an entire season I can guarantee I would have gotten a better time than that. Sooo, we can go back and forth about this crap all day long, but in the end I still got a 13.9 and u still got a 14.0.

I havent run her yet this season. However I do know that stage 1 guys running light bolt ons have netted low 13's. I have stage 1, with lots of bolt ons, and a TCS for launching. My stock times are better than the average driver, so Id be safe in expecting at least a 12.9 this season with a really high trap. Possibly DR's in the late season.
do you even understand DA's? In all reality i did beat your time, cause if you ran the same night as me in phoenix, that 13.9 woulda been a 14.2 or 14.1 at best.

Thats like me making fun of a car in Colorado with 100hp more running the same times. . . because he is in a much higher altitude and the air is much less dense, making it harder for a car to run the same times it does at a lower altitude.

And i'd be willing to bet from a 40 roll or even 60 roll you wouldnt over take me until about 120mph's trust me i've raced cars that trap higher than mine, thats the nature of having a stalled auto. I've raced a completely built 1996 Cobra [its the 4v motor thats in the 03-04 Mach 1's] and this car had full-bolt on's and traps a good 108-110 in the 1/4 and is also 5 speed, well i drug his ass from a 60 all the way to about 125 when he let off.

ohh and that was before my cut-out and i had a passenger when he was solo.

It is very obvious you havent been in the sport very long so ill just leave every thing at this.

By the time you run a 12.9 ill be in the mid 12's

[edit] i just realized you are in Ohio, so dont even get me started on DA's the highest DA you've probably ever raced in is 500' if i were to have ran my car in that kinda elevation and weather i would have ran a 13.7-13.8 stock and 12.6-12.7 as of now easily.

Just goes to show you know very little about drag racing haha.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:08 PM
Banned

do you even understand DA's? In all reality i did beat your time, cause if you ran the same night as me in phoenix, that 13.9 woulda been a 14.2 or 14.1 at best.

Thats like me making fun of a car in Colorado with 100hp more running the same times. . . because he is in a much higher altitude and the air is much less dense, making it harder for a car to run the same times it does at a lower altitude.

And i'd be willing to bet from a 40 roll or even 60 roll you wouldnt over take me until about 120mph's trust me i've raced cars that trap higher than mine, thats the nature of having a stalled auto. I've raced a completely built 1996 Cobra [its the 4v motor thats in the 03-04 Mach 1's] and this car had full-bolt on's and traps a good 108-110 in the 1/4 and is also 5 speed, well i drug his ass from a 60 all the way to about 125 when he let off.

ohh and that was before my cut-out and i had a passenger when he was solo.

It is very obvious you havent been in the sport very long so ill just leave every thing at this.

By the time you run a 12.9 ill be in the mid 12's

[edit] i just realized you are in Ohio, so dont even get me started on DA's the highest DA you've probably ever raced in is 500' if i were to have ran my car in that kinda elevation and weather i would have ran a 13.7-13.8 stock and 12.6-12.7 as of now easily.

Just goes to show you know very little about drag racing haha.
14=14. U still ran a 14.0, and like I said, first time at the track I ran a 13.9. Excuses, are excuses. You dont see me making up excuses because it was the first time at the track with this car ever. Ur stock best time ( with countless runs at the track ) was still worse than my first time at the track with my car. I could easily argue like u are and say" well gee wizz, if I had an entire season at the track I probly could have gotten a 13.7, or 13.6, so ur 14.0 @ 2500 would still be slower." Im not making up excuses though.

13.9 > 14.0

Even at ur elevation, did u forget that FI cars dont suffer like NA do? I guess so huh. So even at ur elevation, I would probly still have run a 13.9.

Also, the 1996 cobra is not the same as the 03-04 mach 1's. The 99-01 SVT's and the 03-04 Mach 1's share basically same engine and block. Both have either a teksid or a windsor engine block.

look here:

Commonly known by Mach 1 owners as an "R" code DOHC, (for the unique VIN engine R code) this all-aluminium engine features the same high flow heads as the 2003–2004 SVT Cobra, 2003–2004 Mercury Marauder, 2003–2005 Lincoln Aviator, and the 2003–2009 Australian Boss 5.4 L V8s (see Ford of Australia Boss 5.4 L), the engine also has intake camshafts sourced from Lincoln's 5.4 Liter "InTech" V-8 to provide more mid-range torque. The Mach 1 engine had a 10.1:1 compression ratio in contrast to the 1999 and 2001 Cobra's 9.85:1, and the Mach 1 was equipped with a Windsor Aluminum Plant or WAP block unique from the Teksid aluminium blocks used in the 1996–1999 Cobras. The Mach 1 also featured a relatively high redline of 6,800 rpms (5-speed cars) and fuel cut off at 7,050 rpms. While on paper the 305 hp (228 kW) ratings seem a loss when compared to the 1999 and 2001 SVT Cobras which produced 320 hp (239 kW), in practice the Mach 1 engine produced similar peak horsepower and substantially more torque.

the mach 1 has nothing to do with the 96 cobra other than having a wap block, whcih replaced the teksid that the 1996 was using.

Besides that, the mid to early 90's mustangs were a joke in comparison to the 03+ mustangs.

O, and BTW, the guys running low 13's on stage 1 without the bolt ons I have net 109 trap speeds.

Stage 1 CSRT4 with map clamp, drop in filter, stage 1, and catted DP = 310whp/350wtq. I have more than this.

Last edited by 1badss/sc1; 04-24-2009 at 12:21 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:12 PM

14=14. U still ran a 14.0, and like I said, first time at the track I ran a 13.9. Excuses, are excuses. You dont see me making up excuses because it was the first time at the track with this car ever. Ur stock best time ( with countless runs at the track ) was still worse than my first time at the track with my car. I could easily argue like u are and say" well gee wizz, if I had an entire season at the track I probly could have gotten a 13.7, or 13.6, so ur 14.0 @ 2500 would still be slower." Im not making up excuses though.

13.9 > 14.0

Even at ur elevation, did u forget that FI cars dont suffer like NA do? I guess so huh. So even at ur elevation, I would probly still have run a 13.9.

Also, the 1996 cobra is not the same as the 03-04 mach 1's. The 99-01 SVT's and the 03-04 Mach 1's share basically same engine and block. Both have either a teksid or a windsor engine block.

look here:

Commonly known by Mach 1 owners as an "R" code DOHC, (for the unique VIN engine R code) this all-aluminium engine features the same high flow heads as the 2003–2004 SVT Cobra, 2003–2004 Mercury Marauder, 2003–2005 Lincoln Aviator, and the 2003–2009 Australian Boss 5.4 L V8s (see Ford of Australia Boss 5.4 L), the engine also has intake camshafts sourced from Lincoln's 5.4 Liter "InTech" V-8 to provide more mid-range torque. The Mach 1 engine had a 10.1:1 compression ratio in contrast to the 1999 and 2001 Cobra's 9.85:1, and the Mach 1 was equipped with a Windsor Aluminum Plant or WAP block unique from the Teksid aluminium blocks used in the 1996–1999 Cobras. The Mach 1 also featured a relatively high redline of 6,800 rpms (5-speed cars) and fuel cut off at 7,050 rpms. While on paper the 305 hp (228 kW) ratings seem a loss when compared to the 1999 and 2001 SVT Cobras which produced 320 hp (239 kW), in practice the Mach 1 engine produced similar peak horsepower and substantially more torque.

the mach 1 has nothing to do with the 96 cobra other than having a wap block, whcih replaced the teksid that the 1996 was using.

Besides that, the mid to early 90's mustangs were a joke in comparison to the 03+ mustangs.

O, and BTW, the guys running low 13's on stage 1 without the bolt ons I have net 109 trap speeds.

Stage 1 CSRT4 with map clamp, drop in filter, stage 1, and catted DP = 310whp/350wtq. I have more than this.
DA is not an excuse *******! Its how you can compare times for cars that run in different weather conditions and elevations.

Your car would def not still run a 13.9 here considering the air is much hotter than it is in Ohio RETARD meaning your IAT's would be much higher than they would out there resulting in pulled timing. Plain and simple if i were to come to Ohio i'd run much faster than i would here in pheonix, and the same apply's for you, if you came to phoenix you'd run slower plain and simple dude give it up.

And ohh wow the block is different, but wasnt the comment i made that the 96 motor was a 32 valve just like the 03-04 machs 1's? ohh yea it was DUH. And you are right, the intake was slightly different too, but in general with bolt on's the 2 cars [ a 96 cobra, and 03 or 04 Mach 1] with bolt on's dyno within 5-10rwhp of one and other.

Thats a huge difference sorry you were right
Old 04-24-2009, 12:20 PM
Banned

DA is not an excuse *******! Its how you can compare times for cars that run in different weather conditions and elevations.

Your car would def not still run a 13.9 here considering the air is much hotter than it is in Ohio RETARD meaning your IAT's would be much higher than they would out there resulting in pulled timing. Plain and simple if i were to come to Ohio i'd run much faster than i would here in pheonix, and the same apply's for you, if you came to phoenix you'd run slower plain and simple dude give it up.

And ohh wow the block is different, but wasnt the comment i made that the 96 motor was a 32 valve just like the 03-04 machs 1's? ohh yea it was DUH. And you are right, the intake was slightly different too, but in general with bolt on's the 2 cars [ a 96 cobra, and 03 or 04 Mach 1] with bolt on's dyno within 5-10rwhp of one and other.

Thats a huge difference sorry you were right
First, u start off with elevation, now ur making excuses for heat? Ur soo full of excuses it makes me LOL.

I beat u stock. End discussion.

Secondly, I think ur full of BS especially since the average stock 96 formula runs a 14.3 or less in ideal conditions. Hell, even 01-02 trans ams with their superior LS1's ran mid to low 13's in ideal conditions stock. No way in hell ur running with a LS1 trans am stock for stock, not happening. I think ur full of ****, and your car was either modded, or ur just making up bullshit.

ITS NOT THE SAME MOTOR. What part of that dont u understand? TEKSID /= WAP. Are u stupid? Valves dont make a ******* difference. You could have a ******* 32 valve 4 banger, does it make it the same as a ******* 32 valve V8? No u retard. Read this:

A TEKSID IS A DIFFERENT MOTOR THAN A WINDSOR ALUMINUM PLANT. I used to own a ******* 01 cobra with a teksid ( before they replaced them with the WAP ). Theyre different motors dumb ass. Different compressions stock, different everything. The 96 COBRA AND A MACH 1 DO NOT SHARE THE SAME MOTOR. U CANT TAKE PARTS OUT OF A ******* 96 COBRA MOTOR AND PUT THEM INTO A MACH 1 MOTOR.

5-10whp difference? ARE U ON CRACK?? Stock the mach 1's made more WHP and WTQ than the 99-01 Cobras. The 99-01's made more power than the POS 96 cobra, so how the **** are they within 5-10whp? Theyre not. Even with bolt ons, the mach 1 still has a superior engine. U ever own a modular motor in ur life? Im guessing not based on the ignorance in ur responses.
U have nothing going for u, so please just take ur BS and stfu. O, and I know u changed ur original post to say that its a 4v motor, but even there u FAIL.

Last edited by 1badss/sc1; 04-24-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:38 PM

First, u start off with elevation, now ur making excuses for heat? Ur soo full of excuses it makes me LOL.

I beat u stock. End discussion.

Secondly, I think ur full of BS especially since the average stock 96 formula runs a 14.3 or less in ideal conditions. Hell, even 01-02 trans ams with their superior LS1's ran mid to low 13's in ideal conditions stock. No way in hell ur running with a LS1 trans am stock for stock, not happening. I think ur full of ****, and your car was either modded, or ur just making up bullshit.

ITS NOT THE SAME MOTOR. What part of that dont u understand? TEKSID /= WAP. Are u stupid? Valves dont make a ******* difference. You could have a ******* 32 valve 4 banger, does it make it the same as a ******* 32 valve V8? No u retard. Read this:

A TEKSID IS A DIFFERENT MOTOR THAN A WINDSOR ALUMINUM PLANT. I used to own a ******* 01 cobra with a teksid ( before they replaced them with the WAP ). Theyre different motors dumb ass. Different compressions stock, different everything. The 96 COBRA AND A MACH 1 DO NOT SHARE THE SAME MOTOR. U CANT TAKE PARTS OUT OF A ******* 96 COBRA MOTOR AND PUT THEM INTO A MACH 1 MOTOR.

U have nothing going for u, so please just take ur BS and stfu. O, and I know u changed ur original post to say that its a 4v motor, but even there u FAIL.

hahahahahaha ok big guy. get your panties in a wad. i know its hard to understand things like DA and heat, because heat and weather does affect DA

i guess ignorance is bliss right? And there have been stock LT1's that have run 13.7's and 13.8's. and stock LS1's as low as 12.9. just FYI, LS1's are typically low 13's cars, LT1's are typically high 13's cars.

ohh and no you didnt beat me stock. sorry.

and dont forget i beat you now by alot like alot alot. haha

this thread has lost all its value thou, we were originally talking about GTI's and SS's and you had to take it to the next level about our cars.

get off the internet kid and get a life

Sorry OP ill leave the thread back to you guys.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:46 PM
Banned

hahahahahaha ok big guy. get your panties in a wad. i know its hard to understand things like DA and heat, because heat and weather does affect DA

i guess ignorance is bliss right? And there have been stock LT1's that have run 13.7's and 13.8's. and stock LS1's as low as 12.9. just FYI, LS1's are typically low 13's cars, LT1's are typically high 13's cars.

ohh and no you didnt beat me stock. sorry.

and dont forget i beat you now by alot like alot alot. haha

this thread has lost all its value thou, we were originally talking about GTI's and SS's and you had to take it to the next level about our cars.

get off the internet kid and get a life

Sorry OP ill leave the thread back to you guys.
ur the assclown that seems to think the GTI is amazing because its foreign. Its really not, but ur too ignorant to see that. Ur brainwashed like every other dumb ass.

And I dont care what other cars ran. YOU ran a 14.0. I ran a 13.9. You can paper race all day long, but the fact of the matter is u ran a 14.

And u didnt beat me by ****. I told u, Im not stock anymore. I know for a fact Im faster than u. Only a matter of time till I get those slips.