War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

BNR2871 vs. Built Ralliart w/ FP Green

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 04:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
an auto Evo with over 400tq? trans was probably slipping a bunch. the autos dont like that much power.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by WannaBFast5
I can always get tires that cheap. Just how it is. I dont mean to come off cocky nor is my Balt anywhere need fast enough or where i want it. Sad part is i am the only turbo balt in my area or for that fact within 3hrs. Also mean as a AIRMAN(kinda a jackass move on your end) if my chain of command is acting stupid and coming up with retarded answers to something i kinda tell them. Also i get his car is w/e but clearly not from a 40roll.....just stating what ive said b4. So again i ask is the money worth spending on something that clearly shows little results??? I mean we normally only run 40's or lower here.....once in a grand while ill find some1 who wants a 50. I mean ive only been doing this for 5yrs know so who am i to say much right? ig ill go back to my noob corner and let you "E-7's" have all the fun
Yea, I do know that higher ranking people can be idiots(My chief is one of them) but at the end of the day while explaining to him that the Radar really works like this and not like that(cause he is clueless) I still call him Chief and respect him....well....respect the Anchor he wears on his collar(Hardware...get it?). Airman... whatever Chair Force all the same, lol( You got what I was saying cause you guessed it).

What's little about Your 340ish butt dyno and ZZP's dyno of a BNR build they did a few months back where they got 440+whp? What are gains worth to you? 200-300? You can come out of your corner, just be chill about things. I give you permission(E6)..... hahaha
Old 07-06-2012, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Nismothecat
an auto Evo with over 400tq? trans was probably slipping a bunch. the autos dont like that much power.

How the hell would you know????

LOL
Old 07-06-2012, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WannaBFast5
Also i get his car is w/e but clearly not from a 40roll.....just stating what ive said b4. So again i ask is the money worth spending on something that clearly shows little results??? I mean we normally only run 40's or lower here.....once in a grand while ill find some1 who wants a 50. I mean ive only been doing this for 5yrs know so who am i to say much right? ig ill go back to my noob corner and let you "E-7's" have all the fun
Im going to address this calmly without adding fuel to the fire.

You asked if it was worth it to spend money on something that does show results. My response is this -

Who said his car isnt showing results? He makes 400+whp and is running with a 440+hp car of a tad more weight. Given traction is his issue that does not mean the money he spent did not give him performance, as when he has traction the car moves out.

Furthermore, anytime you upgrade a part and make a LOT more power you expose other weaknesses. In this case he found his next mod, tire. What i can promise you is this. Even spinning to 90mph my car would walk all over a stock turbo cobalt(before you cry BS remember my brother has a full bolt-on/tuned 09 ss/tc as well). Put it up against a car making the same power with more traction and that isnt the case. At the end of the day he still showed gains from his mods.

If you put drag radials on your car and raced frog he would still pass you while spinning, sorry thats just how it is. You are arguing against people who have pushed the stock K04 to the limits and then upped their game on the same suspension/tire as before. We know what the car did before and after.

Was my upgrade worth it even if my traction is severly limited on low rolls with the street tires on it? You betcha. When i toss on some sticky tires to support it, its even nastier. Several of the cars at the meet already found out, and more wont even race me because they dont want to lose to a cobalt on film.

Last edited by ford; 07-06-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:59 PM

I probably would do better from a 40 roll with decent tires but these Falken 615s are bald and I haven't gotten new ones yet.

The Ralliart dynod on a Mustang dyno for those wondering.

And the reason I got the BNR instead of an AWD vehicle is bc I can't afford the one I want yet and I wont settle for anything else.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Nismothecat
Yes, his clutches are toast. I mentioned that in the OP. His car is much faster than it appears.