War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Cobalt Sc Vs Acura Rsx-s (vids)

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 03:24 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
I dunno man, I love my 06. It still has ~20k miles left on the warranty. So far I really dont have any complaints. It does need the rotors resurfaced, but thats it so far. Runs great, and the AWD is amazing.

I cant wait to build the engine and make a disgusting DD.

thats a good buy. i personally just dont want to take the risk. i would go with an fp green turbo on that. would be sweet.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Meh still don't think it's any better, but whatever you say.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rissa
Meh still don't think it's any better, but whatever you say.
love you
Old 01-19-2010, 04:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
omg, the RSX tyranny is sickening in this thread. I'm about to the point where I think they are about as annoying as a ******* scion TC. It's a honda, it has no tq, it's slow. THere ya go. Case closed.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mike09SS
whats your point? same thing, honda makes acura.
Oh, my point was that it's a Honda with an Acura badge. Not that I believe having anything Honda/Acura is a bad thing, I don't hate the RSX. It's just not the best bang for your buck car. Though the fit and finish may not meet Honda standards, the Cobalt is by all means not a piece of garbage like some in the Honda community believe it to be. Plus I spent less than $23,000 for a high 13 second econo-box. One that still averages 27 mpg in the city for me.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SS4ME
Oh, my point was that it's a Honda with an Acura badge. Not that I believe having anything Honda/Acura is a bad thing, I don't hate the RSX. It's just not the best bang for your buck car. Though the fit and finish may not meet Honda standards, the Cobalt is by all means not a piece of garbage like some in the Honda community believe it to be. Plus I spent less than $23,000 for a high 13 second econo-box. One that still averages 27 mpg in the city for me.

theres 2 ways to look at it. obviously out of the box the rsx is a little slower. when built right it deserves respect because those motors can be beast. people need to appreciate cars for what they are and what they are capable of. i love all cars, alot of people on this site are 1 sided idiots who really dont have a clue. to say the rsx is gay or slow and has no torque so it cant be fast, is so stupid.

I see your happy with your purchase because as you said, "i spent less than 23,000 for a high 13 second econobox". thats fine thats why i bought my car and traded in the rsx. what it comes down to is the cost of money to mod the rsx to make it fast. 99% of people only like to do the basic bolt ons and tune, which in an rsx lets face it, is not that fast so its immediatley considered slow. But when pushed further the k20 is just as capable as any lsj or lnf is, which is the point.

if i cant get an evox for a good price i might just give up and buy a regular car next. acura tsx is nice
Old 01-20-2010, 10:17 AM

lock this ******* thread already. geeze. it's a bunch of kids bickering back and forth about import vs domestic. blah blah blah.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by wantedSS/TC
lock this ******* thread already. geeze. it's a bunch of kids bickering back and forth about import vs domestic. blah blah blah.
grow up. nobody is arguing. were discussing the two cars in the thread title. if you dont like it then stop posting in here.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:45 AM

grow up. nobody is arguing. were discussing the two cars in the thread title. if you dont like it then stop posting in here.
what color was ur RSX??
Old 01-20-2010, 10:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
what color was ur RSX??
blue. doubt its around here anymore i think they gave it to a dealership in another state.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SLoW SHO

Kinda like a Cobalt? The K20 is good for just as much power as an LNF of LSJ without opening it up.
Nahh, not like a Cobalt you stupid ricer. LNF uses a forged crank, forged rods, Hypereutectics, piston oil squirters, and its low compression. Its built for boost. K20 is built to be N/A, and boosting it only results in a nice display of engine parts scattered all over the road.

Kinda like a Cobalt again? AND, there have been many RSX's in the 10's, hooking up just fine, no Joe Schmoe in a Cobalt has come CLOSE, save for 1 or 2 shop cars. Don't talk about race team cars that have 10 billion dollars invested.
I couldn't give less of a **** about your stupid ricer race teams with "10 billion" invested trying to go fast in a piece of **** Honda. They are just as ignorant as you are. If you want to run 10's, you get a car designed to go fast. And that doesn't include any gay Hondas. If someone can break 10's in a Cobalt, good for them. The Cobalt isn't designed for that either.

the k20 is the best NA 4cylider engine built. it shouldnt even be compared to a v8. that makes 0 sense. rsx>cobalt all day everyday. better looking, better quality, better car. an rsx on 12-14psi is raping 99% of the cobalts on this board.
Why shouldn't be it compared to a V8?? Because the LSX V8 is 10 times better than any pile of crap motor Honda has ever built?? Because Honda engines are open deck, 2 bolt main, non forged, gutless 4 cylinders?? Please.

As for RSX vs. Cobalt, I can subjectively say the Cobalt is the overall better car having driven both. The only thing the RSX-S has going for it is slightly nicer interior materials. The SS S/C looks nicer than the RSX Type-S, it sounds better, the engine has more pwoer and torque and is stronger, the SS handles better, stops better, and just plain drives better.

RSX's on 12-14PSI cost a pretty penny and would still have trouble beating up on a modded SS T/C. And thats if the boosted k20 doesn't blow up, which is unlikely, considering boosted Hondas are ticking time bombs. I have a factory warranteed, quality control tested, 260HP/260TQ boosted Ecotec, vs. some ricer with a boosted up RSX thats got no warranty, poor driveability, and is likely to blow up. Not to mention you need to spend thousands in a turbo kit to even match a stock SS T/C. GM is the world leader in powertrain control, which is why they are so easy to service, tune, and mod. Honda is so damn cheap that they can't even use different harness connectors for various engine components, its cheaper to use the same ones. And you can't just plug in and tune a Honda, you have to get some extremely expensive piggyback systems. Keep repping your stupid Hondas, I can go all day.

Last edited by 08SSTCRD; 01-20-2010 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-20-2010, 10:30 PM

dang... all i was hearing in those vids from that rsx was RIIIIIIICE BURRRRRRN ERRRRRRRRRR... jk
Old 01-20-2010, 10:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 08SSTCRD
Nahh, not like a Cobalt you stupid ricer. LNF uses a forged crank, forged rods, Hypereutectics, piston oil squirters, and its low compression. Its built for boost. K20 is built to be N/A, and boosting it only results in a nice display of engine parts scattered all over the road.

I couldn't give less of a **** about your stupid ricer race teams with "10 billion" invested trying to go fast in a piece of **** Honda. They are just as ignorant as you are. If you want to run 10's, you get a car designed to go fast. And that doesn't include any gay Hondas. If someone can break 10's in a Cobalt, good for them. The Cobalt isn't designed for that either.

Why shouldn't be it compared to a V8?? Because the LSX V8 is 10 times better than any pile of crap motor Honda has ever built?? Because Honda engines are open deck, 2 bolt main, non forged, gutless 4 cylinders?? Please.

As for RSX vs. Cobalt, I can subjectively say the Cobalt is the overall better car having driven both. The only thing the RSX-S has going for it is slightly nicer interior materials. The SS S/C looks nicer than the RSX Type-S, it sounds better, the engine has more pwoer and torque and is stronger, the SS handles better, stops better, and just plain drives better.

RSX's on 12-14PSI cost a pretty penny and would still have trouble beating up on a modded SS T/C. And thats if the boosted k20 doesn't blow up, which is unlikely, considering boosted Hondas are ticking time bombs. I have a factory warranteed, quality control tested, 260HP/260TQ boosted Ecotec, vs. some ricer with a boosted up RSX thats got no warranty, poor driveability, and is likely to blow up. Not to mention you need to spend thousands in a turbo kit to even match a stock SS T/C. GM is the world leader in powertrain control, which is why they are so easy to service, tune, and mod. Honda is so damn cheap that they can't even use different harness connectors for various engine components, its cheaper to use the same ones. And you can't just plug in and tune a Honda, you have to get some extremely expensive piggyback systems. Keep repping your stupid Hondas, I can go all day.

you got the 260/260 part right. niceee
Old 01-20-2010, 11:17 PM
Banned

you got the 260/260 part right. niceee
Care you argue my point?? Or are you just too stunned to say anything else because its obvious I know a lot more than you do??
Old 01-20-2010, 11:20 PM
Banned

Care you argue my point?? Or are you just too stunned to say anything else because its obvious I know a lot more than you do??
You don't know anything, you sound like a delusional punk. Your post doesn't even warrant a response.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:34 PM
Banned

You don't know anything, you sound like a delusional punk. Your post doesn't even warrant a response.
Delusional punk??

Nahh, that title is reserved for the retards (you included) trying to rep a piece of **** Honda on a Domestic forum. Get a life.

When you have a legitimate response, maybe I'll take you seriously.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:34 PM

I've yet to see you say anything even remotely of substance, in any topic. Back up **** you say with some sort of fact so you form an intellectual response, not an opinionated blabber that results in a shitfest of nonsense bouncing back and forth. "na ur dum dis car iz fastah" vs "nuh uh dis car da bestst" vs "SLOW!!11" is not an argument or even a conversation, there's no substance to it.

He made an argument with some info (which can subsequently be researched by those who are ignorant on the subject), you're more of a troll than I am. And I rarely post anything unless it's to bitch, like right now.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sarvoth
I've yet to see you say anything even remotely of substance, in any topic. Back up **** you say with some sort of fact so you form an intellectual response, not an opinionated blabber that results in a shitfest of nonsense bouncing back and forth. "na ur dum dis car iz fastah" vs "nuh uh dis car da bestst" vs "SLOW!!11" is not an argument or even a conversation, there's no substance to it.

He made an argument with some info (which can subsequently be researched by those who are ignorant on the subject), you're more of a troll than I am. And I rarely post anything unless it's to bitch, like right now.
Glad someone else sees that this guy is nothing more than a trolling import ******
Old 01-21-2010, 03:43 AM
Banned

in all honesty man if your going to try and argue, at least know the facts. almost every claim you made was false.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:45 PM
Banned

in all honesty man if your going to try and argue, at least know the facts. almost every claim you made was false.
So instead of just calling BS, explain what was false.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:56 PM
Banned

So instead of just calling BS, explain what was false.
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=348528
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=343140
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=323181

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwXlJafge5c
Old 01-23-2010, 05:49 PM
Banned

thank you. enough said. tired of trying to talk to misinformed people. not worth the time anymore.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:37 PM
Banned

thank you. enough said. tired of trying to talk to misinformed people. not worth the time anymore.
Those links are a joke. You're talking about a bunch of stupid Honda ricers who strapped huge turbos to their K-series engines and made big numbers for....a few dyno pulls. See how impressive it is when their thread next week says "Help: blown motor".

The guy even says it himself:

"Next plans for the car are to put the built motor in the car (after this one blows up)..."

Then another member says:

"that motor is not going to last 2 long @ that type of power."

Even they know the piece of **** is gonna blow up. How is that impressive?? Stop swinging on the k20's nuts.

Those engines were neither designed nor intended for any form of boost. Its a 4 cylinder economy car engine, not a race car. Since you obviously know nothing about engines, a 2 bolt block that small pushing that kind of power is only on borrowed time. Not to mention the turbo lag, the car is gutless enough without a turbo. I'm sure it hooks up real well too, being FWD and all
Old 01-25-2010, 01:16 AM
Banned

Those links are a joke. You're talking about a bunch of stupid Honda ricers who strapped huge turbos to their K-series engines and made big numbers for....a few dyno pulls. See how impressive it is when their thread next week says "Help: blown motor".

"Next plans for the car are to put the built motor in the car (after this one blows up)..."

Even they know the piece of **** is gonna blow up. How is that impressive?? Stop swinging on the k20's nuts.

Those engines were neither designed nor intended for any form of boost. Its a 4 cylinder economy car engine, not a race car. Since you obviously know nothing about engines, a 2 bolt block that small pushing that kind of power is only on borrowed time. Not to mention the turbo lag, the car is gutless enough without a turbo. I'm sure it hooks up real well too, being FWD and all
Quote the whole thing...

from... http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=343140
"Yes it is my only car and is my daily driver, thats why I did it on pump gas so I can do it every day. I am going to beat on it until it blows, I never drive the car from one point to another without going into boost either, I really beat on this thing.

Next plans for the car are to put the built motor in the car (after this one blows up), change the intake manifold and possibly intercooler setup, try to make some real power, and crank up the boost."

But it didn't blow... http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=348528

No comment on the vid?????
Old 01-25-2010, 01:12 PM
Banned

it did hook up it ran 10's. your lnf was not designed to be able to make that kind of power safley. wait...your stock? you have no room to talk. you bought the chepeast poorly made car available in the class and your talking about cars more superior to yours? christ someone help this kid.

Quick Reply: Cobalt Sc Vs Acura Rsx-s (vids)