War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Cobalt Sc Vs Acura Rsx-s (vids)

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 09:06 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mike09SS
it did hook up it ran 10's. your lnf was not designed to be able to make that kind of power safley. wait...your stock? you have no room to talk. you bought the chepeast poorly made car available in the class and your talking about cars more superior to yours? christ someone help this kid.
Kid?? LOL, what are you 12?? You are a complete joke. Anyone that worships gay Hondas like you has to be.

Step out into the real world. Anyone that tries to run 10's with a 4 cylinder FWD and still keep it streetable is a RETARD. The fact that you troll about RSX's just proves that you know absolutely nothing about real cars, because nobody buys a Honda to go fast. Unless you are a ricer.

Cheap?? Poorly made?? You are on a Cobalt forum, if you don't like the car (obviously you don't) then GTFO. I bought the car because its a good daily driver, not because I wanted to run 10's you idiot

Funny how the Cobalt SS beat the Evo, STI, Si, RSX-S, and IS-F at VIR yet its cheap and poorly made?? GM spend tons of engineering and R&D dollars to get the car just right. You wouldn't know cheap if it hit you in the eye, cheap is Hondas with their press in wheel bearings, crappy brakes, and garbage transmissions. Of course you don't know what the inside of a trans even looks like, so I might as well be talking to the wall. Actually the wall is smarter than you, because it doesn't try and talk back by making retarded uneducated posts like you do.

And somehow the RSX, which is based on the shitbox Civic, has a nonforged motor, garbage 6 speed trans, 16" wheels, and crappy cast iron brakes off a minivan is superior?? Your head it so far up your ass that there's no hope, you're beyond ignorant.

For the amount of money those retards are putting into their gay Hondas I would be running 8's with my other car.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 08SSTCRD
Kid?? LOL, what are you 12?? You are a complete joke. Anyone that worships gay Hondas like you has to be.

Step out into the real world. Anyone that tries to run 10's with a 4 cylinder FWD and still keep it streetable is a RETARD. The fact that you troll about RSX's just proves that you know absolutely nothing about real cars, because nobody buys a Honda to go fast. Unless you are a ricer.

Cheap?? Poorly made?? You are on a Cobalt forum, if you don't like the car (obviously you don't) then GTFO. I bought the car because its a good daily driver, not because I wanted to run 10's you idiot

Funny how the Cobalt SS beat the Evo, STI, Si, RSX-S, and IS-F at VIR yet its cheap and poorly made?? GM spend tons of engineering and R&D dollars to get the car just right. You wouldn't know cheap if it hit you in the eye, cheap is Hondas with their press in wheel bearings, crappy brakes, and garbage transmissions. Of course you don't know what the inside of a trans even looks like, so I might as well be talking to the wall. Actually the wall is smarter than you, because it doesn't try and talk back by making retarded uneducated posts like you do.

And somehow the RSX, which is based on the shitbox Civic, has a nonforged motor, garbage 6 speed trans, 16" wheels, and crappy cast iron brakes off a minivan is superior?? Your head it so far up your ass that there's no hope, you're beyond ignorant.

For the amount of money those retards are putting into their gay Hondas I would be running 8's with my other car.

at this post. this guy is comparing the trannies of a non FI car to a FI car. the rsx doesnt have a forged motor, how terrible of them to not put forged components in a NA car dude you make everyone here at css.net laugh. goodluck in life man you need all the help you can get.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:48 PM
Banned

at this post. this guy is comparing the trannies of a non FI car to a FI car. the rsx doesnt have a forged motor, how terrible of them to not put forged components in a NA car dude you make everyone here at css.net laugh. goodluck in life man you need all the help you can get.
Typical ricer. Try and discredit other people because you have absolutely no idea what you are taking about.

What the hell does F/I have to do with the transmission?? NOTHING you idiot. Honda has so many issues with their 6 speeds in the RSX-S and Si that it made national news, they are junk. The issue is that they go through synchros within only a few thousand miles, and Hondas solution it to just replace the trans with another identical unit that will do the same thing. Once you're out of warranty, its your problem.

The RSX-S doesn't have a forged motor because its N/A. Yet retards (people like you) try and boost these motors, which only results in destruction. Its obvious why you troll forums, you'd get your ass whopped in the real world.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:59 PM
Banned

Typical ricer. Try and discredit other people because you have absolutely no idea what you are taking about.

What the hell does F/I have to do with the transmission?? NOTHING you idiot. Honda has so many issues with their 6 speeds in the RSX-S and Si that it made national news, they are junk. The issue is that they go through synchros within only a few thousand miles, and Hondas solution it to just replace the trans with another identical unit that will do the same thing. Once you're out of warranty, its your problem.

The RSX-S doesn't have a forged motor because its N/A. Yet retards (people like you) try and boost these motors, which only results in destruction. Its obvious why you troll forums, you'd get your ass whopped in the real world.

there we have it, i can always count on you to post the wrong info.

really? is that why it doesnt have a forged motor? you got me man thanks for pointing that out.

How about you tell me why the brakes and rotors are all warped and had to be recalled for the 08's. what about the intake you got on their without a tune. your car is currently running like ass and you dont even know it. the gearing and powerband is absolute crap compared to the rsx. oh and gm spent so much time on the cobalt they decided NOT to put in forged pistons.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:22 PM
Banned

there we have it, i can always count on you to post the wrong info.
What is wrong info?? Once again, you have nothing to argue against because all you do is run your mouth and not back it up with facts.

really? is that why it doesnt have a forged motor? you got me man thanks for pointing that out.
Glad you could learn something. Plenty of N/A motors have forged parts, especially ones that turn high RPM's. The K20a isn't one of them, because Honda couldn't give less of a rats ass about durability on that engine. If it makes it past their shitty 3 year 36K warranty period, they are in the clear.

How about you tell me why the brakes and rotors are all warped and had to be recalled for the 08's.
My car has 41,000 miles. Original brakes and rotors, front and back, no "warpage". I'm sure you don't even know what "warped rotors" even means, you are clueless. You won't even feel a rotor that is untrue, because the calipers (rear) will compensate for it. The pulsation in the pedal you feel is not from the rotors being out of true.

what about the intake you got on their without a tune. your car is currently running like ass and you dont even know it. the gearing and powerband is absolute crap compared to the rsx. oh and gm spent so much time on the cobalt they decided NOT to put in forged pistons.
Running like ass?? No, definitely not. I know I need a tune for my intake you idiot. I didn't install it, the intake was on the car when I bought it.

Gearing and powerband is crap?? LMAO, you are so damn stupid. The LNF makes 260ft/lbs or torque at 2,000RPM, and a peak of 260HP. The RSX makes about 23ft/lbs at 2,000RPM and needs t be wound out to 6,000RPM to engage VTEC and make anything resembling horsepower. Yet the LNF powerband is crappy?? You are so stupid its beyond comprehension.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:35 PM

Glad you could learn something. Plenty of N/A motors have forged parts, especially ones that turn high RPM's. The K20a isn't one of them, because Honda couldn't give less of a rats ass about durability on that engine. If it makes it past their shitty 3 year 36K warranty period, they are in the clear.

funny. i had a B18C that revved to 9500rpms on a daily basis. no forged rods or pistons. just factory OEM Honda parts. you have no clue what you are talking about.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:41 PM

sounds badass
Old 01-25-2010, 10:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nismothecat
funny. i had a B18C that revved to 9500rpms on a daily basis. no forged rods or pistons. just factory OEM Honda parts. you have no clue what you are talking about.
Good for you. Want a cookie?? Just because it doesn't blow up doesn't mean its well designed.

What did it make at 9500RPM?? A whopping 150HP lol?? Only a ricer would brag about RPM's.

Maximum RPM's don't mean jack ****, HP and torque are what really matter. Whether you're making that power at 3200RPM (diesels) or 6,000RPM or 9,000RPM doesn't matter, the power its making is what matters.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:52 PM

Good for you. Want a cookie?? Just because it doesn't blow up doesn't mean its well designed.

What did it make at 9500RPM?? A whopping 150HP lol?? Only a ricer would brag about RPM's.

Maximum RPM's don't mean jack ****, HP and torque are what really matter. Whether you're making that power at 3200RPM (diesels) or 6,000RPM or 9,000RPM doesn't matter, the power its making is what matters.
it made 194whp and 139tq back in 2002. it made good power for its time.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:42 AM
Banned

What is wrong info?? Once again, you have nothing to argue against because all you do is run your mouth and not back it up with facts.

My car has 41,000 miles. Original brakes and rotors, front and back, no "warpage". I'm sure you don't even know what "warped rotors" even means, you are clueless. You won't even feel a rotor that is untrue, because the calipers (rear) will compensate for it. The pulsation in the pedal you feel is not from the rotors being out of true.

Running like ass?? No, definitely not. I know I need a tune for my intake you idiot. I didn't install it, the intake was on the car when I bought it.

Gearing and powerband is crap?? LMAO, you are so damn stupid. The LNF makes 260ft/lbs or torque at 2,000RPM, and a peak of 260HP. The RSX makes about 23ft/lbs at 2,000RPM and needs t be wound out to 6,000RPM to engage VTEC and make anything resembling horsepower. Yet the LNF powerband is crappy?? You are so stupid its beyond comprehension.

your car IS running like ass. I bet your idle is rough when you start up for at least 20-30 seconds. Especially in colder temperatures.

and just so you know i can tell you didnt read ANYTHING in the other thread. I OWN a 09 cobalt ss so i WOULD know what warped rotors are because I had to have mine replaced you idiot . Along with a large amount of others in the same boat. The back breaks were completley shot as well. There is even a sticky thread in here about it being a known problem.

Look you dont know a damn thing about the car you drive, and your expecting me to try and absorb knowledge from you? I mean your trying to argue which car has better gearing when its clearly the RSX by a mile. the lnf power band is good compared to what? the lsj? no its actually worse than the lsj nevermind.

ive owned both cars and i like both cars, but the cobalt is just not the quality. Its not called bashing, its called criticizing GM for not giving you enough for your dollar to be honest. you cant even put bolt ons on our car without getting a tune because it wont make power without one.

ive seen you call every single car other than a cobalt "****". STI's, EVO's, Acuras/anthng hona. Guess what they are ALL better than the cobalt and always will be. The cobalt is a fun little car thats why I bought it, but its not even in the same class. wake up and smell the roses sunshine and stop being angry at the world kid.

it made 194whp and 139tq back in 2002. it made good power for its time.

the guy doesnt appreciate anything other than a cobalt. your probably wasting your breath.

Last edited by Mike09SS; 01-26-2010 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-26-2010, 12:05 PM
Banned

your car IS running like ass. I bet your idle is rough when you start up for at least 20-30 seconds. Especially in colder temperatures.
Correct. As soon as it warms up though, it runs just fine.

and just so you know i can tell you didnt read ANYTHING in the other thread. I OWN a 09 cobalt ss so i WOULD know what warped rotors are because I had to have mine replaced you idiot . Along with a large amount of others in the same boat. The back breaks were completley shot as well. There is even a sticky thread in here about it being a known problem.
Mine have been fine. And if you knew anything about brakes to begin with, you'd know that the issue isn't "warped rotors". The technical term is rotor runout, but thats still not what causes the vibration you feel.

Look you dont know a damn thing about the car you drive, and your expecting me to try and absorb knowledge from you? I mean your trying to argue which car has better gearing when its clearly the RSX by a mile. the lnf power band is good compared to what? the lsj? no its actually worse than the lsj nevermind.
Once again...how is the powerband worse?? Its better than both the LSJ and the RSX-S. It makes 260ft/lbs at 2,000RPM....neither of the other two engine even come close. And it makes 260HP at 5300RPM. You can rev your RSX-S all the way to 8,000 and it still will only make 200HP.

ive owned both cars and i like both cars, but the cobalt is just not the quality. Its not called bashing, its called criticizing GM for not giving you enough for your dollar to be honest. you cant even put bolt ons on our car without getting a tune because it wont make power without one.
So when GM engineers designed the car, they should have been worried about making sure its compatible with all forms of aftermarket parts?? Their priority is to ensure driveability, power, fuel efficiency, and emmissions, not make sure it will run 100% with aftermarket parts installed. If you want to install aftermarket parts then be ready to get a tune, its not rocket science.

And you say the car isn't enough for the dollar?? You're on drugs. Nowhere else will you find a direct injected, turbocharged 260HP engine, Brembo brakes, 18" forged alloys, and a chassis that outhandles the Evo and STi and gets 30MPG doing it, all for $23K. What the hell more do you want??

Honda can afford to give you a slightly nicer interior because the engine is straight out of the mass produced Accord, the brakes are crappy cast iron single posts with small rotors, its not boosted, and it doesn't even handle worth a damn. Yet back in 2006 (last year it was made) it still cost more than a 2010 SS. And you are bitching about value?? Please.

ive seen you call every single car other than a cobalt "****". STI's, EVO's, Acuras/anthng hona. Guess what they are ALL better than the cobalt and always will be. The cobalt is a fun little car thats why I bought it, but its not even in the same class. wake up and smell the roses sunshine and stop being angry at the world kid.
Kid?? You are obviously about 16, seeing as you have no idea what a real car is. Seems your life has revolved around econobox riceburners and factory tuners. I work on cars for a living, and I see what all types of manufacturers bring to the table. Some things are good, some things aren't. The Cobalt is by no means an example of stellar quality, I never said it was. However, many of its features are very well designed and easy to service. The same can't be said for Mitsubishis, Subarus, and Hondas, or just about any Asian car.

My SS outhandles both the Evo and STi on a road course, costs $10,000 less, looks much better (Evo and STi are just plain ugly), and still gets much better fuel economy. yet you're bitching because the interior isn't as nice?? You have a lot to learn, boy.

the guy doesnt appreciate anything other than a cobalt. your probably wasting your breath.
Like the rest of your post, clueless. I only bought the Cobalt for a daily driver. Its nothing compared to a real car like a Vette. But its the best value in its class, and it accomplishes its mission of cheap fun 100%. I don't see what there is to argue about that.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:06 PM

RSX's are teh gay
Old 01-26-2010, 12:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
eh, I'll argue the powerband thing. LSJ has one of the best powerbands of any car I've seen. Just too bad the gearing sucks and doesn't really take advantage of it.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:44 PM

the SS/TC handles the same as a Evo. the SS/TYC beat it around Vir(Lightning Lap)and the Evo X beat the SS/TC around Laguna Seca(Laguna Lap). its a drivers race in both cars. when you add more power the Evo jumps ahead.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:59 PM

and RSX's still suck

Actually, Id like to say FWD sucks.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:00 PM

Honda can afford to give you a slightly nicer interior because the engine is straight out of the mass produced Accord, the brakes are crappy cast iron single posts with small rotors, its not boosted, and it doesn't even handle worth a damn. Yet back in 2006 (last year it was made) it still cost more than a 2010 SS. And you are bitching about value?? Please.

and an 06 RSX-S is still worth more than your 2 years newer 08 SS. also what did Chevy have out in 2002 when the RSX-S came out??? nothing even close to competition for the RSX-S

Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
and RSX's still suck

Actually, Id like to say FWD sucks.
yeah FWD does pretty much suck.

Last edited by Nismothecat; 01-26-2010 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-26-2010, 01:12 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=08SSTCRD;4632933]Correct. As soon as it warms up though, it runs just fine.

Mine have been fine. And if you knew anything about brakes to begin with, you'd know that the issue isn't "warped rotors". The technical term is rotor runout, but thats still not what causes the vibration you feel.

Ok we get it you work on cars. That doesnt change the fact that both needed to be replaced in the first couple thousand miles.

Once again...how is the powerband worse?? Its better than both the LSJ and the RSX-S. It makes 260ft/lbs at 2,000RPM....neither of the other two engine even come close. And it makes 260HP at 5300RPM. You can rev your RSX-S all the way to 8,000 and it still will only make 200HP.

most agree the LSJ has the better powerband over the LNF.

So when GM engineers designed the car, they should have been worried about making sure its compatible with all forms of aftermarket parts?? Their priority is to ensure driveability, power, fuel efficiency, and emmissions, not make sure it will run 100% with aftermarket parts installed. If you want to install aftermarket parts then be ready to get a tune, its not rocket science.

And you say the car isn't enough for the dollar?? You're on drugs. Nowhere else will you find a direct injected, turbocharged 260HP engine, Brembo brakes, 18" forged alloys, and a chassis that outhandles the Evo and STi and gets 30MPG doing it, all for $23K. What the hell more do you want??

im paying 23k for a cobalt man. i understand the performance your getting for the dollar, but thats not what a car is all about. Quality, reliability, resale value are all important factors when buying a car. believe it or not thats more important to most people bud.

gm has always had problems with brakes and rotors they are infamous for it. my car as it sits is worth about 13k right now. my rsx last year was worth 15k. you do the math...

Kid?? You are obviously about 16, seeing as you have no idea what a real car is. Seems your life has revolved around econobox riceburners and factory tuners. I work on cars for a living, and I see what all types of manufacturers bring to the table. Some things are good, some things aren't. The Cobalt is by no means an example of stellar quality, I never said it was. However, many of its features are very well designed and easy to service. The same can't be said for Mitsubishis, Subarus, and Hondas, or just about any Asian car.

My SS outhandles both the Evo and STi on a road course, costs $10,000 less, looks much better (Evo and STi are just plain ugly), and still gets much better fuel economy. yet you're bitching because the interior isn't as nice?? You have a lot to learn, boy.

i know exactly what a real car is. I live in buffalo, so the weather doesnt allow to me own a RWD muscle car as a daily driver all year round. so the next best bet for performance is a turbo 4 banger.

you keep overlooking everything. Those cars have way more potential than a cobalt ever would. if you want to keep comparing everything stock, then that completley defeats the purpose of owning a tuner car.

Like the rest of your post, clueless. I only bought the Cobalt for a daily driver. Its nothing compared to a real car like a Vette. But its the best value in its class, and it accomplishes its mission of cheap fun 100%. I don't see what there is to argue about that

there never was anything to argue about. I said i like both cars but felt the acura was a better overall car for the money. you came in bitching up a storm because you cant handle an opinion backed up by facts which you choose to call BS on even with video proof. We get it you hate foreign cars, but thats just being close minded and oblivious to their potential.

Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
RSX's are teh gay
you dick i hate you lol. when can i get a ride in the evo man

Last edited by Mike09SS; 01-26-2010 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-26-2010, 01:23 PM
Banned

Correct. As soon as it warms up though, it runs just fine.

You should learn how to read dyno charts.

I think he is just saying the "modability" is nowhere near that of almost any Honda. Which makes me bring up another point foreign cars especially Japanese have MUCH more stringent regulations placed upon their cars than domestics before they can be shipped here.

Some people like resale value, like how a 2006 RSX-Ss w/50k miles is selling for more than a 2010 Cobalt SS with 5000 miles. This argument is pointless you have not driven an RSX. It is like a ZR1 owner calling a Ferrari crap because it makes less power and doesn't handle as well and costs more, yet the ZR1 owner has never driven a Ferrari to understand why people love Ferraris.

It gets better gas mileage w/ LESS POWER and less weight no ******* duh, nothing a tune can't fix. Everything else you said is your useless OPINION.

Like the rest of your post, clueless. I only bought the Cobalt for a daily driver. Its nothing compared to a real car like a Vette. But its the best value in its class, and it accomplishes its mission of cheap fun 100%. I don't see what there is to argue about that.
It is the best value to YOU. Like I said some people want more.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:44 PM
Banned

and an 06 RSX-S is still worth more than your 2 years newer 08 SS. also what did Chevy have out in 2002 when the RSX-S came out??? nothing even close to competition for the RSX-S
Thats because ricers are willing to pay high prices for Hondas because of the name. Not because the car is anything special.

In 2002, the Camaro was still in production, wich stomps the living hell out of the RSX-S in every possibly way. And back then, you could get a Z28 coupe for $22,800, which was cheaper than an RSX-S. And for that money you got a better looking car, RWD, 350HP LS1 V8, T56 6 speed manual, limited slip diff, SLA strut front suspension, a 3 link rear, and 28MPG highway.

yeah FWD does pretty much suck.
Which is why real performance cars power the real wheels.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:53 PM

you dick i hate you lol. when can i get a ride in the evo man
anytime sweet cheeks
Old 01-26-2010, 04:57 PM

Thats because ricers are willing to pay high prices for Hondas because of the name. Not because the car is anything special.
the RSX is still worth money 5 years down the line. the Cobalt wont be worth much.

In 2002, the Camaro was still in production, wich stomps the living hell out of the RSX-S in every possibly way. And back then, you could get a Z28 coupe for $22,800, which was cheaper than an RSX-S. And for that money you got a better looking car, RWD, 350HP LS1 V8, T56 6 speed manual, limited slip diff, SLA strut front suspension, a 3 link rear, and 28MPG highway.

And Chevy still couldnt sell enough to keep producing them.

Which is why real performance cars power the real wheels.
or AWD.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:11 PM
Banned

Ok we get it you work on cars. That doesnt change the fact that both needed to be replaced in the first couple thousand miles.
No, you obviously don't get it, because you still have no idea why they need to be replaced. You just assume that everyone has the same issue as you, which isn't true.

most agree the LSJ has the better powerband over the LNF.
Here are the dyno graphs from both:

LNF Dyno

LSJ Dyno

The LNF has a hugely better torque curve, and makes more peak power. Both make peak power at 5600RPM. How is the LSJ better?? I don't dislike the LSJ, I just don't see where you are coming from.

im paying 23k for a cobalt man. i understand the performance your getting for the dollar, but thats not what a car is all about. Quality, reliability, resale value are all important factors when buying a car. believe it or not thats more important to most people bud.
The Cobalt has proven to be reliable, good overall quality, and average resale value. Its not a damn Hyundai or Kia, its a Chevy.

gm has always had problems with brakes and rotors they are infamous for it. my car as it sits is worth about 13k right now. my rsx last year was worth 15k. you do the math...[/B]
You wouldn't know a brake problem if a rotor hit you accross the face. GM is most definitely NOT "infamous" for brake system issues. Stop just making things up. Nissan is the most famous for having garbage brakes. Their calipers are always going bad, and most recently C&D crashed a 370Z because the brake pedal went to the floor while tracking it at VIR. Nothing was defective, the brakes just couldnt take the hard use.

i know exactly what a real car is. I live in buffalo, so the weather doesnt allow to me own a RWD muscle car as a daily driver all year round. so the next best bet for performance is a turbo 4 banger.
Then stop acting like cars like the RSX-S is the end all to performance vehicles. Its a damn Civic with a nicer interior and an engine out of an Accord. Cost Honda damn near nothing to build.

you keep overlooking everything. Those cars have way more potential than a cobalt ever would. if you want to keep comparing everything stock, then that completley defeats the purpose of owning a tuner car.
What cars have more potential?? Once again, the RSX is nothing more than a damn Civic with an engine swap. It has no potential at all, you don't see pro drag racers tracking RSX's

Why does keeping a car stock defeat the purpose of owning it?? Not everyone likes to void their warranties by modding and overstressing factory components. How does the Cobalt SS have no pointif its not modded?? Its fun to drive, fastest in its class, gets good fuel economy, and looks nice. What is wrong with that??

there never was anything to argue about. I said i like both cars but felt the acura was a better overall car for the money. you came in bitching up a storm because you cant handle an opinion backed up by facts which you choose to call BS on even with video proof. We get it you hate foreign cars, but thats just being close minded and oblivious to their potential.
No, you are the ignorant one who worships anything with the H badge on it. I've driven plenty of Hondas and Acuras, RSX-S included. It is nothing special at all. They have transmission problems out the ass. Synchros go bad all the time. Apparently this is worsened by "skip shifting" (2nd to 4th, 5th to 3rd, ect) and Honda will "void your warranty" if you find out you have been "skipshifting". They built the transmissions so cheaply that the synchros can't take a wide ratio shift, it just results in grinding and tears up both the gear and synchro hub. Honda has an entire TSB on this issue. And you say these cars are quality?? You are only fooling yourself.

Making a conclusion about quality from the drivers seat is the most ignorant thing you can do. There is more too it than a nice dash and leather seats, the components that make the car run are what matters. And Honda fails miserably at that in terms of serviceability, quality, and design.

And Chevy still couldnt sell enough to keep producing them.
That doesn't change its performance or price, and the fact that it whoops up on every other car from that year and price range.

or AWD.
No, RWD. AWD is nothing more than more **** to go wrong and higher parasitic losses. you drive an Evo, have fun when your diff takes a ****.

Last edited by 08SSTCRD; 01-26-2010 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-26-2010, 05:11 PM

Here are the dyno graphs from both:

LNF Dyno

LSJ Dyno

The LNF has a hugely better torque curve, and makes more peak power. Both make peak power at 5600RPM. How is the LSJ better?? I don't dislike the LSJ, I just don't see where you are coming from.

Ur wrong. The LSJ flows better than the LNF. Go look at the powerband on a turbo LSJ vs an LNF. Much better.

O yea, ur an IDIOT for comparing an SC vs a Turbo. GTFO. A turbo LSJ > LNF
Old 01-26-2010, 05:19 PM
Banned

omg this guy and his story books.

THERE WAS A RECALL ON ALL CHEVY COBALT SS FOR 08 and even into 09 there was a problem with the brakes and rotors. there are numerous sticked threads on it. now in 2010 they have another issue with the front brakes. IT IS ALL THE SAME PROBLEM thats why its called a RECALL.

lol everything but chevy sucks. this is getting out of hand, but its so funny because this guy is clearly lost.

Last edited by Mike09SS; 01-26-2010 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-26-2010, 05:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by IhaveReturned
You should learn how to read dyno charts.
I just posted both charts. Tell me again why the LSJ has the better powerband??

I think he is just saying the "modability" is nowhere near that of almost any Honda. Which makes me bring up another point foreign cars especially Japanese have MUCH more stringent regulations placed upon their cars than domestics before they can be shipped here.
Modding a Honda is something most people grow out of in the teens, because they realize all it does is cause the car to break faster and its still slow as molasses.

What the hell "stringent regulations" are you even referring to?? Or did you just make that up??

Some people like resale value, like how a 2006 RSX-Ss w/50k miles is selling for more than a 2010 Cobalt SS with 5000 miles. This argument is pointless you have not driven an RSX. It is like a ZR1 owner calling a Ferrari crap because it makes less power and doesn't handle as well and costs more, yet the ZR1 owner has never driven a Ferrari to understand why people love Ferraris.
I've driven plenty of RSX's, Type S included. Its a damn Honda Civic with different styling and a different engine. I was not impressed whatsoever. Get off your high horse, comparing a Cobalt to an RSX is nothing like comparing a ZR1 to a Ferarri.

It gets better gas mileage w/ LESS POWER and less weight no ******* duh, nothing a tune can't fix. Everything else you said is your useless OPINION.
You have no arguement. Cobalt is still faster around a track, cheaper by $10K, and gets better fuel economy. Stop arguing against the facts, I'm comparing factory stock to factory stock.

It is the best value to YOU. Like I said some people want more.
More?? Like an RSX-S?? Less powerful, worse handling, slower, garbage transmission, weaker clutch, and worse braking?? Thats more LOL?? Boy your head is really up your ass...

Quick Reply: Cobalt Sc Vs Acura Rsx-s (vids)