War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Cobalt SS just got "Amtraked"

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 08:35 PM
p7x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why is it that we only have these problems with the STI/WRX and RSX/SI guys???, rarely ever the srt4, GTO, EVO guys or any other car for that matter.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Bad06SS
Hello blacknite, nice race. I'm not convinced that you ran into a "supercharged" ss. However, what is your full mod list? Track times with trap speed?
I trap as fast.. (if not faster) than your fastest SS. Unfortunately, my 60' is not so great, so my ET is also, not so great. Haven't really run at the track for real in a while.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:37 PM

Who cares?
Old 11-26-2006, 08:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blacknite
I trap as fast.. (if not faster) than your fastest SS. Unfortunately, my 60' is not so great, so my ET is also, not so great. Haven't really run at the track for real in a while.

Yes, E.T. is mainly an indication of your launching abilities. What I want to know is the mph trap speed. What's your fastest trap, and what does it consistantly trap? BTW, you really shouldn't say you trap as fast as our fastest SS, because there's a SS/SC that runs 9's @~150mph.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by heyzeus11
nice; did you do any logging yet with your car to see if its knocking? Who did you get to do the tweaking?
I have barely any counts of knock in 4th, and his name is Jestr(evom.net). Awesome tuner! Well worth it. Unfortunately Ill be gone for like 2 months(late dec), but Ill have more stuff when I come back!
Old 11-26-2006, 08:40 PM

So? I trapped ~108 with a clutch not engaging properly the entire way down the track-what does that prove? You're dancing around the question and not giving answers, what are you hiding? What I'm curious on, is the actual year, make and model of your car, and atleast a very close guess as to what your car should run, and at what raceweight. Even though guessing is kind of weak (since only timeslips tell the true story), I would like to know.
13.4 @ 109 last year. Race weight is stock weight. Clearly I can run much faster, as my car is faster than it was then. Just haven't been back to practice to get the 60' down and faster shifting
Old 11-26-2006, 08:41 PM

Ding Ding Ding.. we have a winner. No recent charts, or slips, but lets just say that I make more than most SS but I'm still under 300whp. As we all know, time slips are more of an indication of how well a driver handles his car on set conditions from a dig, and have nothing to do with the results of street race. But I trap over 106mph... even when I miss a gear
Alright then, time to be fair. Race a SS/SC that has as much money put into it that your car has. Then lets see the outcome.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:41 PM

13.4 @ 109 last year. Race weight is stock weight. Clearly I can run much faster, as my car is faster than it was then. Just haven't been back to practice to get the 60' down and faster shifting

Cool, that's what I was looking for. What do you think you should trap now, 112? Also, what's your full mod list?
Old 11-26-2006, 08:42 PM

Yes, E.T. is mainly an indication of your launching abilities. What I want to know is the mph trap speed. What's your fastest trap, and what does it consistantly trap? BTW, you really shouldn't say you trap as fast as our fastest SS, because there's a SS/SC that runs 9's @~150mph.
lol, well street driven SS on your top 10 I should say. Fastest trap was 110mph, again not with my current mods. Is that good enough?
Old 11-26-2006, 08:44 PM

this has to be the stupidest thread on the whole site
Old 11-26-2006, 08:46 PM

Cool, that's what I was looking for. What do you think you should trap now, 112? Also, what's your full mod list?
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...14&postcount=4

I tried to be 'fair' if that's what you want to call it. Since when is a street run something that can be contested fair or unfair though? I should trap 112 or so. Full mod list is I/H/E SC. Pretty much it for power.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:46 PM

lol, well street driven SS on your top 10 I should say. Fastest trap was 110mph, again not with my current mods. Is that good enough?

There's quite a few that has just done head/cams, etc, there just isn't many tracks open right now. There should be several on here that are capable of 114-115mph traps. Also, for some like me, the time that's on that list isn't even close for my car. Had I not had so many clutch issues, I'd have a more current time to post.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by halfj99
this has to be the stupidest thread on the whole site
glad that you could bring such great intellect to this thread
Old 11-26-2006, 08:47 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
I never said I didn't have more mods than him. Because I know I do. Just posting up a kill and called HIS car slow. If you are similarly modded, then yes, I called your car slow
So you come on here to 'brag' about beating a car that isn't even on equal ground. Real mature. Now if you wanted to actually brag about something, then talk about beating a SS/SC that has an equal amount of work done to it.

So dumb, no respect for another guy just having fun with his car and modding it. That's like me laughign at you because you lost to a GTO or Mustang Shelby.

Why can't you just have respect for the guy and give him a thumbs up for even giving it a go for you to get your thrills.

This is just going to start another war between two car groups. just like with the GTIs, Tiburons, Srt-4's, and Evos.

Originally Posted by p7x
why is it that we only have these problems with the STI/WRX and RSX/SI guys???, rarely ever the srt4, GTO, EVO guys or any other car for that matter.
Because the SRT-4, GTO, Evo guys have a little more respect for people I think. I could say something the first three have in common, but I won’t.

Originally Posted by tcolli17
Alright then, time to be fair. Race a SS/SC that has as much money put into it that your car has. Then lets see the outcome.
X10
Old 11-26-2006, 08:49 PM

There's quite a few that has just done head/cams, etc, there just isn't many tracks open right now. There should be several on here that are capable of 114-115mph traps. Also, for some like me, the time that's on that list isn't even close for my car. Had I not had so many clutch issues, I'd have a more current time to post.
That's great, but it does not make my statement false nor warrant the mindless posts from the site trolls up here. Maybe I'll run across a good modded Cobalt soon enough
Old 11-26-2006, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake
So you come on here to 'brag' about beating a car that isn't even on equal ground. Real mature. Now if you wanted to actually brag about something, then talk about beating a SS/SC that has an equal amount of work done to it.

So dumb, no respect for another guy just having fun with his car and modding it. That's like me laughign at you because you lost to a GTO or Mustang Shelby.

This is just going to start another war between two car groups. just like with the GTIs, Tiburons, Srt-4's, and Evos.

Because the SRT-4, GTO, Evo guys have a little more respect for people I think. I could say something the first three have in common, but I won’t.

X10
Again, thank you for your contribution

Edit: so find me a 'similarly' modded Cobalt that meets your requirements. I'm not here to give respect to another car. I'm here to post about what happened, find out what kinds of mods it takes for a Cobalt to be as fast and to get another run that's good; and while I'm at it, learn a bit more about the car. So unless you can help in any of those regards, it may be best for you to move along
Old 11-26-2006, 08:53 PM

Its all about "run what ya brung". It you lose, you lose. Sometimes you win. Its all about good competition, ya know? Ive lost, even at my best, it happens.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:54 PM

OK why are we comparing a stock $22K car to a $24K car with $5K in mods????

anyone???
Old 11-26-2006, 08:54 PM

Your car goes as fast as how deep your pockets go.

Thats the truth. I respect anyone that puts time and money into there car and dont have to post and mouth off because they think they are fast. Let your car do the talking.

For your info you drive a RSX that runs in the 13s that and that isnt fast at all. Actually you drive a SC RSX and cant get into the 12s that is kinda embrassing.

Also I'm not saying my car is quick so you cant talk.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:55 PM

we've got cobalts with mods that cost less than your car's sticker that run 12's
Old 11-26-2006, 08:57 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by sethallen
OK why are we comparing a stock $22K car to a $24K car with $5K in mods????

anyone???

For the same reason that the Evo guys tried comparing their cars to us.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:57 PM

That's great, but it does not make my statement false nor warrant the mindless posts from the site trolls up here. Maybe I'll run across a good modded Cobalt soon enough

Actually, it does make your statement false. You said that you trap as high if not higher than our fastest SS/SC. However, you don't actually have a timeslip showing a mph faster than 110mph, which is how fast our fastest guy has actually trapped. So no, you don't trap faster untill you show a valid timeslip of your car going 111mph+. Also, lighten up and try not so sound so arrogant, and then maybe you'll get better responses from people.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by evolve
I have barely any counts of knock in 4th, and his name is Jestr(evom.net). Awesome tuner! Well worth it. Unfortunately Ill be gone for like 2 months(late dec), but Ill have more stuff when I come back!
awesome, he is suppose to be real good.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake
For the same reason that the Evo guys tried comparing their cars to us.
I dont. I drive an evo.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by evolve
Its all about "run what ya brung". It you lose, you lose. Sometimes you win. Its all about good competition, ya know? Ive lost, even at my best, it happens.
no doubt.

Quick Reply: Cobalt SS just got "Amtraked"