War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Cobalt SS just got "Amtraked"

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 11:12 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
I"m not even gonna bother reading this crap
Old 11-27-2006, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't get the impression that he was being cocky or anything from his story unless it has been edited since it was first posted. I saw he raced a Cobalt (at the moment we are not sure if it was a SS or SS/SC it seems) and won. Well, any car with some decent mods can beat another car. So it is extremely likely that he did beat it.

It looks like to me he came on the forums to see if he could find the guy he raced and find out what mods he had so he could judge where he stood with his own car. Hell I do that all the time when I go to the track and race (most of the time win) another car. And we are talking about racing old muscle cars, Skylines, Evos, RX-7s etc.... (the damn RX-7s are frickin killing me out there on the track). Anyway, it looked like he was looking for another friendly race with the other guy. Not doggin on the Cobalt at all until someone had to throw up the B.S. flag and start raggin on him and his RSX-S.

Seriously, maybe I missed something but I didn't get anything you guys got out of that story. As for the SRT-4 guys showing respect to the Cobalt, I do. I think they are pretty fast. Again any car with some good mods can be. I know two guys over here in the UK that have them and they are pretty cool (the car and the guys). They hold their own at the track.

Blacknite, sorry you have had a crappy time on the forums with this post. If I lived anywhere around you I would run ya. If I win, I win, if I lose, just means I need to spend more money. LOL Good luck.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:25 PM

Old 11-27-2006, 12:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by The_Blur
I don't want to be a dick, but 90% of the War Stories section is street racing. These races are impromptu, and there really isn't anyone to record. If someone were around, it would probably be a cop pulling over the racers.
Nah I was pointing more to his claims of trap speeds and such with no time slips. Plus he's claiming mods he has but won't produce any pics.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:31 PM

I too, think it was a kitted LS. That is the only cobalt i have seen with dual exhaust. That's the thing, if a 2.2 sticks a SS/SC wing on their car, and someone kills them, then they assume they beat a SS/SC.

Now, i wouldn't doubt you would beat a SS/SC. You would most likely beat 85% of the people on this site. Now, i don't think you would have beat a SS/SC THAT bad, even if he was stock. You say a blown Type S runs mid 13's? A stock SS/SC runs low 14's with a good driver. Yea, .7 of a sec. is alot, but not enough to "amtrac" a car....
Old 11-27-2006, 02:36 PM

Old 11-27-2006, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Cirrus
Did you actually hear the blower? If not, chances are it was a 2.2 (maybe 2.4) with an SS/SC wing...

As I said in REPLY #1, since he didn't hear a supercharger besides that of his own, it was likely a 2.2 or 2.4. Did anyone listen? NO.

Bragging about owning a base model is t00 k3wl f3r sk3w|.

LOCK 'ER UP.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:22 PM

Lock It!
Old 11-27-2006, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
winning is everything when everyone here is calling him out and saying he is lying. if he REALLY is blown there is no contest, his car is faster than an ss/sc even mildly modded. why is it that everyone is questioning this, but in the thread with the kid that said he beat a BLOWN 5.0 with 370RWHP, barely anyone questions it? i can tell you why. because everyone thinks their ss/sc's are the fastest cars ever made and their e-dicks go flacid when they hear about a kill of an ss/sc. get over it, there are faster cars out there.
He is SCd. Im a living witness.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by 05BlackCobaltSS
I too, think it was a kitted LS. That is the only cobalt i have seen with dual exhaust. That's the thing, if a 2.2 sticks a SS/SC wing on their car, and someone kills them, then they assume they beat a SS/SC.

Now, i wouldn't doubt you would beat a SS/SC. You would most likely beat 85% of the people on this site. Now, i don't think you would have beat a SS/SC THAT bad, even if he was stock. You say a blown Type S runs mid 13's? A stock SS/SC runs low 14's with a good driver. Yea, .7 of a sec. is alot, but not enough to "amtrac" a car....
He is putting 300whp down, whats so hard to believe?
Old 11-27-2006, 03:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Slapping a blower on an RSX is a pretty big pretty expensive mod! Sorry I'll stick with the Cobalt SS/SC for under $20k and then put the same money into modding it that he dumped into the RSX. I bet the Cobalt would be just as fast if not faster. Stock for stock his RSX is no compition but sure you dump that kinda cash into any car and it better be quick.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by evolve
He is putting 300whp down, whats so hard to believe?

So get a SS/SC car with the stage kits and see what its putting down. I don't doubt he's running 300 hp but to be fair it should own a car with 80 hp less. Lets see how it does against a comparably modded Cobalt.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by 05BlackCobaltSS

LOL join the SRT-4 world with us having to deal with the SRTDesigns body kits they have for normal neons. LOL
Old 11-27-2006, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jackalope
So get a SS/SC car with the stage kits and see what its putting down. I don't doubt he's running 300 hp but to be fair it should own a car with 80 hp less. Lets see how it does against a comparably modded Cobalt.
I agree, but the original post was a kill. A good kill nonetheless. Admit it, and move on. Maybe youll beat an RSX with a SC. Post it and be happy. Move on, he won, thats it.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree, but the original post was a kill. A good kill nonetheless. Admit it, and move on. Maybe youll beat an RSX with a SC. Post it and be happy. Move on, he won, thats it.
What are you two but buddies or something? Go away man.

What a dumb thread. Lets see some videos.

Or we can do this all day.

DUDE! I just wooped on an RSX. It was like a train.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:45 PM

I think someone already pretty much proved it was a 2.2. I doubt there are many kitted, dual exhaust..yadda yadda running around in the sticks down there. Give it up guys...if this kid feels like his ***** grew 3 inches, let it be, no need to whip out the rulers
Old 11-27-2006, 03:48 PM

i hear theres some good racing in edison, is this true?
Old 11-27-2006, 03:49 PM

as far as his track times ive been to the track with him several times; he consistantly traps between 107(high)-109(low)mph, and that was with a 9lb pulley. Currently he has a 11lb pulley, and I believe the only time he went to the track with the 11lb pulley he mis-shifted on his only run. As far as ETs I do not think he has done no better then low 13s, mainly b/c of his 60'. As far as getting him to post his time slips thats up to him; im sure he just wants to find out how his car stacks up to the s/c cobalts(but with his trap speeds I would not think a stage0-2 would stand a chance, but I dont know what other mods there are for cobalts).
Old 11-27-2006, 03:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Cobalt443
I think someone already pretty much proved it was a 2.2. I doubt there are many kitted, dual exhaust..yadda yadda running around in the sticks down there. Give it up guys...if this kid feels like his ***** grew 3 inches, let it be, no need to whip out the rulers
Oh come on Deb you've heard of the .net rule of thumb.

It's legal to beat trolls with a stick no wider than your thumb.

I think a few of us broke the law though.

Either way. It's over I guess........

Till' next troll ladies and gentlemen.

The whole point is don't come here trolling. That's great your car is fast. We care.....we really do.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by CTCOBALTSSS
What are you two but buddies or something? Go away man.

What a dumb thread. Lets see some videos.

Or we can do this all day.

DUDE! I just wooped on an RSX. It was like a train.
no we arent buddies. i just cant stand haters. if you beat one, good for you.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:51 PM

i hear theres some good racing in edison, is this true?

yes very true
Old 11-27-2006, 03:52 PM

hey Ben, the dyno reads 7% low.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Blacknite
So I was on my way home pretty late last night when I see this red car with a all to familiar wing. The car is a red Cobalt SS, after market exhaust (dual exhaust in fact), after market rear bumper and gauge pods in the A pillar. Michigan plates and a nice Cobaltss.net stickers on the window.

As I'm making my way pass him, I see him weave through traffic a bit to get beside me. It takes a little while, but he finally decides he wants to see what this RSX has under the hood. I hear him down shift and I wait for that supercharger whine to let me know he is getting on it...

Funny, because although I know he was flooring it; he sure didn't have the getup and go that I was expecting with that blower. So needless to say, I follow suit and downshift into 3rd (we were going around 75mph). What happens next is what I can best describe as a AMTRAK train pulling past a stationary object. I think a better description is the length of space between my car and his after finishing off my 3rd gear is that there was enough space for an AMTRAK train to fit.

After I let off, he clearly does not want to line up with me again. In fact, he speeds through traffic to make sure I don't get beside him again... So I couldn't give him a thumbs up for effort or even

If you see this thread, let me know if you're down for another run if maybe you were in the wrong gear... I sure hope so.

Describe the dual exhaust, there are several cars that come from the dealership with a dual exhaust set up and they are the 2.2
Old 11-27-2006, 04:06 PM

I never said it wasn't. Basicly he beat the pants off what may have been a 2.2 and came here and went na na na na I beata Cobalt! Thats why he got hate NOT cause he owns a Honda but for the way he came off.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:15 PM

I don't see anything in his post that is saying anything of the sort. He thought it was an SS/SC, thought it would be a good race. The Cobalt started everything by weaving in and out of traffic to line up and then floored it first. it lost. Then instead of being cool about it and giving a thumbs up it ran off with his tail between his legs.

Then the RSX guy comes on here and states what happens and is looking to find the guy to find out what the cobalt was running under the hood since the guy didn't stick around to tell him. How is that being a dick. Until people started basically calling his car a POS he was cool about everything. This is the typical BS that you see on the other forums that you guys b*tch about and then you do it right back to a guy just coming on your forum.

I just don't understand your guys reactions to this. It makes no sense at all.

Quick Reply: Cobalt SS just got "Amtraked"