War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Cobalt SS just got "Amtraked"

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 04:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by scottw03
I don't see anything in his post that is saying anything of the sort. He thought it was an SS/SC, thought it would be a good race. The Cobalt started everything by weaving in and out of traffic to line up and then floored it first. it lost. Then instead of being cool about it and giving a thumbs up it ran off with his tail between his legs.

Then the RSX guy comes on here and states what happens and is looking to find the guy to find out what the cobalt was running under the hood since the guy didn't stick around to tell him. How is that being a dick. Until people started basically calling his car a POS he was cool about everything. This is the typical BS that you see on the other forums that you guys b*tch about and then you do it right back to a guy just coming on your forum.

I just don't understand your guys reactions to this. It makes no sense at all.
Show me one spot where he was asking what mods the other guy has. And that he was just here to find out. Come on man.
It seems like he thought he had it all figured out. But he didn't.
It wasn't even an SS/SC.

"Funny, because although I know he was flooring it; he sure didn't have the getup and go that I was expecting with that blower. So needless to say, I follow suit and downshift into 3rd (we were going around 75mph). What happens next is what I can best describe as a AMTRAK train pulling past a stationary object. I think a better description is the length of space between my car and his after finishing off my 3rd gear is that there was enough space for an AMTRAK train to fit".

Does it make sense now??
Old 11-27-2006, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jackalope
Slapping a blower on an RSX is a pretty big pretty expensive mod! Sorry I'll stick with the Cobalt SS/SC for under $20k and then put the same money into modding it that he dumped into the RSX. I bet the Cobalt would be just as fast if not faster. Stock for stock his RSX is no compition but sure you dump that kinda cash into any car and it better be quick.

ricer mentality. you could do an sr20det swap into a 240sx and do a couple mods for 300rwhp and a low 13 second car for far less than the cost of an ss/sc. that doesnt mean the 240 is the better car to buy... plus with his blower, as it has been stated he is running 11psi and is probably pushing over 300whp...thats more than the stock internals on the ss/sc can safely handle and alot of rsx-s's are putting down that power. don't bring this kinda crap up. his car is faster than a stock ss/sc by a pretty big amount, probably close to a full second in a 1/4. a full second is ALOT and 10 lengths easy. now put 2 and 2 together and his story is very beleivable. even if it wasn't an ss/sc, the fact of the matter is that his car is alot faster than a stock ss/sc and would probably own one by a long shot. stop bitching and moaning. His car is faster. sure he could have said it a bit nicer, but he didn't really say anything out of line. get over yourselves guys there ARE faster cars out there.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:39 PM

wow. this thread is still going? the original poster must be viewing this and laughing.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:40 PM

^^^^ What don't you freaking non-cobalt drivers understand.

We don't give a **** if the RSX won.

We dodn't enjoy people trolling over here to tell people about it when their facts are even straight to begin with.

How about you guys get over yourselves.

Did the trolls get lost on the way to their forums or what? wow
Old 11-27-2006, 04:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
ricer mentality. you could do an sr20det swap into a 240sx and do a couple mods for 300rwhp and a low 13 second car for far less than the cost of an ss/sc. that doesnt mean the 240 is the better car to buy... plus with his blower, as it has been stated he is running 11psi and is probably pushing over 300whp...thats more than the stock internals on the ss/sc can safely handle and alot of rsx-s's are putting down that power. don't bring this kinda crap up. his car is faster than a stock ss/sc by a pretty big amount, probably close to a full second in a 1/4. a full second is ALOT and 10 lengths easy. now put 2 and 2 together and his story is very beleivable. even if it wasn't an ss/sc, the fact of the matter is that his car is alot faster than a stock ss/sc and would probably own one by a long shot. stop bitching and moaning. His car is faster. sure he could have said it a bit nicer, but he didn't really say anything out of line. get over yourselves guys there ARE faster cars out there.

Whats a "ricer mentality" when he starts talking about what mods he has and what he thinks the Cobalt has so I said comperable and thats a "ricer mentality" ? Please explain how exactly that is oh enlightened one. NHRA and the IHRA does the EXACT same thing!
They class the cars! But thats ricer mentality right? I mean its cool to put a full blown funny car up against a street car cause not to would be having a "ricer mentality" But I guess the NHRA and IHRA are full of nothing but ricers right? Maybe it would be best if you understood REAL racing a little bit more and not just street racing. To class a car isn't being a ricer its called running a good race! For him to beat the pants off a stock 2.2 in a supercharged Honda and then brag about it is like John Force beating a mini van at the Gator Nationals and bragging about it to the world! THAT is a "ricer mentalitiy" not wanting to class cars based on mods.

I know their are TONS of cars waaaay faster then the Cobalt (I know I have a 9 second Fire Bird thanks ) but when a hard core modded Honda comes here and says he spanked a bone stock 2.2 and then brags about it hell yeah he's gonna catch **** over it!
Old 11-27-2006, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by CTCOBALTSSS
Show me one spot where he was asking what mods the other guy has. And that he was just here to find out. Come on man.
It seems like he thought he had it all figured out. But he didn't.
It wasn't even an SS/SC.

"Funny, because although I know he was flooring it; he sure didn't have the getup and go that I was expecting with that blower. So needless to say, I follow suit and downshift into 3rd (we were going around 75mph). What happens next is what I can best describe as a AMTRAK train pulling past a stationary object. I think a better description is the length of space between my car and his after finishing off my 3rd gear is that there was enough space for an AMTRAK train to fit".

Does it make sense now??
Here is his post
Originally Posted by Blacknite
So I was on my way home pretty late last night when I see this red car with a all to familiar wing. The car is a red Cobalt SS, after market exhaust (dual exhaust in fact), after market rear bumper and gauge pods in the A pillar. Michigan plates and a nice Cobaltss.net stickers on the window.

As I'm making my way pass him, I see him weave through traffic a bit to get beside me. It takes a little while, but he finally decides he wants to see what this RSX has under the hood. I hear him down shift and I wait for that supercharger whine to let me know he is getting on it...

Funny, because although I know he was flooring it; he sure didn't have the getup and go that I was expecting with that blower. So needless to say, I follow suit and downshift into 3rd (we were going around 75mph). What happens next is what I can best describe as a AMTRAK train pulling past a stationary object. I think a better description is the length of space between my car and his after finishing off my 3rd gear is that there was enough space for an AMTRAK train to fit.

After I let off, he clearly does not want to line up with me again. In fact, he speeds through traffic to make sure I don't get beside him again... So I couldn't give him a thumbs up for effort or even

If you see this thread, let me know if you're down for another run if maybe you were in the wrong gear... I sure hope so.
Sorry didn't ask what mods the guy had, must have thought that myself, but asked if the guy wanted to do another run. The cobalt was the one that did the ricer fly-by and didn't even give a thumbs up when he lost.

here is what he thought, "oh here is a RSX, a POS honda, I can take that with my 2.2L" And then he tried to. He underestimated the car he was going to race and lost. Then instead of giving props he ran off. You guys b*tch when the ricers do that sh*t but it is ok when a cobalt does it and the Honda guy comes on the board looking for him?

Look, if a RSX that was putting down nice power whipped my a$$ I wouldn't be happy but I would respect that the guy put some time, effort and money into his car (just like all of us with our SS/SCs and SRT-4s and S2Ks, etc...) and that props were due. A thumbs up and not running from the guy afterwards would be the minimum I would do.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:55 PM

Still don't see where he was asking what kind of mods he had.

Good try though. This thread is lame and you guys know what we are talking about.
Just go away. You obviously don't belong here if you think trolling is ok.

Again. Get over yourselves.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:56 PM

Here is his post

Sorry didn't ask what mods the guy had, must have thought that myself, but asked if the guy wanted to do another run. The cobalt was the one that did the ricer fly-by and didn't even give a thumbs up when he lost.

here is what he thought, "oh here is a RSX, a POS honda, I can take that with my 2.2L" And then he tried to. He underestimated the car he was going to race and lost. Then instead of giving props he ran off. You guys b*tch when the ricers do that sh*t but it is ok when a cobalt does it and the Honda guy comes on the board looking for him?

Look, if a RSX that was putting down nice power whipped my a$$ I wouldn't be happy but I would respect that the guy put some time, effort and money into his car (just like all of us with our SS/SCs and SRT-4s and S2Ks, etc...) and that props were due. A thumbs up and not running from the guy afterwards would be the minimum I would do.

See now this point I agree with 110%! I don't care what your driving if youbeat me fair and square I'll give you a thumbs up and tell you great race! The kid in the Cobalt was obviously just that a kid and in being a kid when he got spanked he got mad and did the standard ricer flyby. Thats bad form your right. But the original poster could have worded things a tad less confrontational and none of this would have happened. Maybe this is all one big misunderstanding thats turned nasty but it'd be nice to hear from the original poster so he could clear that up so the flaming would stop.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jackalope
Whats a "ricer mentality" when he starts talking about what mods he has and what he thinks the Cobalt has so I said comperable and thats a "ricer mentality" ? Please explain how exactly that is oh enlightened one. NHRA and the IHRA does the EXACT same thing!
They class the cars! But thats ricer mentality right? I mean its cool to put a full blown funny car up against a street car cause not to would be having a "ricer mentality" But I guess the NHRA and IHRA are full of nothing but ricers right? Maybe it would be best if you understood REAL racing a little bit more and not just street racing. To class a car isn't being a ricer its called running a good race! For him to beat the pants off a stock 2.2 in a supercharged Honda and then brag about it is like John Force beating a mini van at the Gator Nationals and bragging about it to the world! THAT is a "ricer mentalitiy" not wanting to class cars based on mods.

I know their are TONS of cars waaaay faster then the Cobalt (I know I have a 9 second Fire Bird thanks ) but when a hard core modded Honda comes here and says he spanked a bone stock 2.2 and then brags about it hell yeah he's gonna catch **** over it!
no it is a ricer mentallity when you say who cares if it's fast, it costs more and for the amount of money he spent you could have a much faster cobalt. who cares? the fact is his car is faster and alot of you (not necessarily you) are calling bs blah blah blah, i want slips blah blah blah...it has been verified that he REALLY DOES have the mods that he says he has, and at 11psi he will rock any mildly modded or stock cobalt. don't say, this is bs this never happened, or i dont beleive it. kindly say, are you sure it was a 2.0 (as many of you did and i am not trying to call out those that did this) not, there is no way that was a 2.0 it was definately a 2.2 and you wouldn't pull that hard on a 2.0 because with those mods, he WILL pull VERY hard on an ss/sc. i am just sick and tired of people calling bs on this kind of stuff while these kind of threads are going on.

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/well-happened-first-thing-break-after-modding-39257/

yea....took a 370rwhp blown 5.0.....riiiiiiiiiiiight. hey it's possible i guess but reiduculously unlikely, yet only one person so far has even questioned it, but when someone says they owned THE ALMIGHTY SS/SC in a 300fwhp+ acura, the militia has to go to work and lynch the ******.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:10 PM

Here is his post

So what part of my post didn't you understand that I said I thought he put he was looking for mods and that it must have been something that I thought of instead. I must have been thinking what mods did the cobalt have. I even highlighted my last post for you with that quote.

This thread is pointless. no matter what he says he will be put down for owning a RSX and the ricer cobalt that ran off won't come forward to accept blame for actions.

This thread is done. just lock it.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:12 PM

no it is a ricer mentallity when you say who cares if it's fast, it costs more and for the amount of money he spent you could have a much faster cobalt. who cares? the fact is his car is faster and alot of you (not necessarily you) are calling bs blah blah blah, i want slips blah blah blah...it has been verified that he REALLY DOES have the mods that he says he has, and at 11psi he will rock any mildly modded or stock cobalt. don't say, this is bs this never happened, or i dont beleive it. kindly say, are you sure it was a 2.0 (as many of you did and i am not trying to call out those that did this) not, there is no way that was a 2.0 it was definately a 2.2 and you wouldn't pull that hard on a 2.0 because with those mods, he WILL pull VERY hard on an ss/sc. i am just sick and tired of people calling bs on this kind of stuff while these kind of threads are going on.

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39257

yea....took a 370rwhp blown 5.0.....riiiiiiiiiiiight. hey it's possible i guess but reiduculously unlikely, yet only one person so far has even questioned it, but when someone says they owned THE ALMIGHTY SS/SC in a 300fwhp+ acura, the militia has to go to work and lynch the ******.

I'm with this guy ^^^

Very well said.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:14 PM

I think maaaybe your getting upset with the wrong person here. I never called BS on him for whatever his car has or runs. I think its freaking AWESOME to squeeze that kinda power from the little engine (not a put down I'm used to big blocks ) Then the whole mod for mod thing came up and all I said was a comprable built SS/SC could probly hang with him if not beat him. TA DA! No hate here at anywhere! I just think the way he worded his original post was ment to stir the pot and look! (gasp!) thats EXACTLY what it did! Point prooved, thank you drive thru.

The problem is that YOUR so ready to defend this guy against everyone who dares to say anything your not reading whole posts or your reading into them words that aren't there.

I never called him a lyer, never accused him of making up his mods, the whole thing or any of it! All I said was his original post came off dickish and that maybe it was a 2.2 and then you ran with it calling ME a ricer! LMAO! Dude my Cobalt SS is a 2.4 sedan with automatic trans and is bone stock! If I wanna go fast I'll go get my 1972 Fire Bird, totaly 180 degrees from rice!

Chill a little and you'll see I'm NOT hating him or his car just the way he worded one paragraph is all.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:27 PM

I think you guys chose to take it as him being dickish because I read through that and didn't take any offense to it. I thought he was being pretty cool about it and then his first few post were cool too and then people had to start getting on him about it. I think it is really how each person reads it because I still don't see anything wrong with his post. I can see your (cobalt SS/SC guys) point of view, don't get me wrong, I do see it from your point of view I think but at the same time I am still seeing it from my original view and still stick with there is nothing wrong with it. If you guys take it the wrong way then it is your own fault.

Why not just ask him how he meant it or if he could word it better to resolve this issue. BTW, I take it the ricer cobalt owner still hasn't fessed up to his lose yet???

regardless, I am done with this thread, taken up enough of my time away from looking up future mods and useful info.

BTW, I still consider the Cobalt SS/SC the next best car for the $$$ next to the SRT-4.

SRT-4 = Faster (its the Fastest, sorry just had to put that in there from that stupid thread on the forums)
Cobalt SS/SC = Fast & better handling.

I would own one in a heartbeat if I could afford both.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:28 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Wow, evidentally I'm not the only one whom thought the Acura/Honda guy was confrontational. lol.

I think you guys chose to take it as him being dickish because I read through that and didn't take any offense to it. I thought he was being pretty cool about it and then his first few post were cool too and then people had to start getting on him about it. I think it is really how each person reads it because I still don't see anything wrong with his post. I can see your (cobalt SS/SC guys) point of view, don't get me wrong, I do see it from your point of view I think but at the same time I am still seeing it from my original view and still stick with there is nothing wrong with it. If you guys take it the wrong way then it is your own fault.

Why not just ask him how he meant it or if he could word it better to resolve this issue. BTW, I take it the ricer cobalt owner still hasn't fessed up to his lose yet???

regardless, I am done with this thread, taken up enough of my time away from looking up future mods and useful info.

BTW, I still consider the Cobalt SS/SC the next best car for the $$$ next to the SRT-4.

SRT-4 = Faster
Cobalt SS/SC = Fast & better handling.

I would own one in a heartbeat if I could afford both.

Okay, think of it like this. If a guy in an NSX with heavy mods raced you and you had a stock SRT, and he came to your boards and bragged about shooting past you like a bat outta hell. I'm sure you'd be upset as well. And how do you figure the guy was 'rice'? Maybe he couldn't get up to the RSX again?

I'm sure everyone know what he meant by "what happened next could best be described as an amtrak train shooting past a stationary object".
Old 11-27-2006, 05:32 PM

wow.
this thread is horrible. you come to a cobalt forum, after racing a kitted 2.2L and you have a blower on an RSX-S and you pull the "buslengths" attitude that acura owners are hated for?

jesus.

someone lock this junk its a waste of time.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:38 PM

you are way off track brother.
the fact that an acura beat a 2.2l cobalt is not what people are taking issue with in this thread.

Look at the title of the thread.....
look at the PICTURE linked in the thread....
this is NOT some honda owner stepping into a rival forum saying "yeah i ran a cobalt the other day.....beat him by a fair bit....pretty good race"

This is a smartass cocky acura owner with a chip on his shoulder bragging it up ricer style with a thread full of witty little snaps about beating a car 3 classes below him with a supercharger power adder.

THAT is what people are "lynching the ******" for.

and I for one say hand me a ******* pitchfork and a firebrand. this bitch needs to go.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:41 PM

I'm pretty local, if you guys would ever like to come down here i would be down.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake
Wow, evidentally I'm not the only one whom thought the Acura/Honda guy was confrontational. lol.

Okay, think of it like this. If a guy in an NSX with heavy mods raced you and you had a stock SRT, and he came to your boards and bragged about shooting past you like a bat outta hell. I'm sure you'd be upset as well. And how do you figure the guy was 'rice'? Maybe he couldn't get up to the RSX again?

I'm sure everyone know what he meant by "what happened next could best be described as an amtrak train shooting past a stationary object".

Seriously, and I know you probably won't believe me, if I lost and I lost bad I would have no problem with it. Did I lose yes, did I lose by alot yes. It is like the RX-7s I race at the track. I have as of yet to beat them. They are off the line and halfway down the track before I knwo it. Do I b*tch about it, hell no. Means I got more work to do. Trust me, I would be exactly how I said I would be because that is the kind of person I am. Now, if I lost by less than a car or so and the guy was like, "I left him like 8 car lengths back", now yes I would have a problem with that. Big difference in 1 and 8. that is a huge difference in power and speed.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:48 PM

Oh forgot, any of the cobalt SS/SC owners that are military need to PCS over to England. I need more to race. LOL. The two we have here are hard to get ahold of. one has to work alot so track days are far and between and the other is deployed. Been good races between me and them. Like I said I would own one.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:13 PM

This thread<3
Old 11-28-2006, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by an0malous
you are way off track brother.
the fact that an acura beat a 2.2l cobalt is not what people are taking issue with in this thread.

Look at the title of the thread.....
look at the PICTURE linked in the thread....
this is NOT some honda owner stepping into a rival forum saying "yeah i ran a cobalt the other day.....beat him by a fair bit....pretty good race"

This is a smartass cocky acura owner with a chip on his shoulder bragging it up ricer style with a thread full of witty little snaps about beating a car 3 classes below him with a supercharger power adder.

THAT is what people are "lynching the ******" for.

and I for one say hand me a ******* pitchfork and a firebrand. this bitch needs to go.

X INFINITY!
Old 12-17-2006, 08:06 PM

Well guys, heres an update on Blacknite. We raced last night 5 times total. Well, I wont post the results here because this isnt my thread, but I will tell you all that his car is by no means slow and I can see why he said "Amtraked".(btw, If you want to know what happened, PM me)
Alex aka evolve
Old 12-17-2006, 08:12 PM

nice.

so he beat an evo.

good thing he goes onto other car forums and brags about beating their 2.2l base models then.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by an0malous
nice.

so he beat an evo.

good thing he goes onto other car forums and brags about beating their 2.2l base models then.
I never said he won. His car is fast, Ill admit. btw, Im putting 344hp and 351 tq on a dynojet at 10.8 afrs...
Old 12-17-2006, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by evolve
I never said he won. His car is fast, Ill admit. btw, Im putting 344hp and 351 tq on a dynojet at 10.8 afrs...
wait a minute....evo...

shouldnt he be off racing base model lancers and posting pictures of trains on their forums?

no one said he wasnt fast. that wasnt the point.

Quick Reply: Cobalt SS just got "Amtraked"