War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Cobalt Ss: Post-a-kill

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 01:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobalt Ss: Post-a-kill

simple thread.. hopefully it'll take off.. just post make and model.. possible mods and year (or gen)

so far..

2004 A4 2.0 stock- he was goin but really didnt have much of a chance... not sure if he was ***** out though.

2003 RSX-S with intake, race headers and exhust.. looks like it can keep close.. but his second gear is no match to the SS.

MK4 VW Passat.. intercooler and bov from what i could see and hear... 3rd gear roll from about 50.. was out of sight by 4th gear.

no losses yet but it'd be sweet to see those up too.. peace
Old 05-28-2005, 01:42 AM

2005 Chevy Cobalt Sedan base- stock

just playin a lil bit with that, but he did want to know how my SS is and info on it.
Old 05-28-2005, 02:51 AM

Two SVT's in two days

The first focus approached me from an entrance ramp, we were both doing about 60 mph. He looked at me puzzled then looked ahead. I downshifted and waited... He slowed up gently and drifted in behind me. I hoped he and his buddy were discussing tactics. However after a mile and a half I realized he just knew better. I punched it up to 100 mph in a blink and soon he was out of focus.

Next, same deal, this time I had my wife and 16 year old daughter in the SS after a little cruising at 1:00 A. M. Dad showing how it's done. Red SVT approached up a ramp on my left. I thought at first it was a VW GTI VR6 but no, another SVT. This time again, dropped down to fourth and he was already on to me. Side by side at 70 mph I could see he was gonna go with me so I nailed it. He had momentum from the ramp and got by me by a car length before I got in the power band and then snap! I shot past him like a slingshot! I hit about 95 mph in a flash and as my exit was up I shot off the ramp and he was way back, probably 30 car lengths. He caught me at the top of the ramp and got right up under my wing and then turned to get back on the highway, boo hoo. I went home to put the wife and kid to bed.
Old 05-28-2005, 07:51 AM

1. i beat a SVT Contour- Injen intake smoked him like it was nothing.

2. RSX Type S

3. Grand Prix GT- i guess that could be a kill

4. Sentra Spec V Ser
Old 05-28-2005, 03:32 PM

240sx lol

civc hatch with b16 swap, intake, exhaust, header.
Old 05-30-2005, 10:13 PM

not a race but the other day i was playing with an sti and a brand new evo in the twisties.. keep up with the evo but never woulda been able to pass...

Camaro.. beat
Jetta.. beat
2002 1.8t chipped.. beat
nissan spec-v.. beat
Old 05-30-2005, 11:09 PM

:)

COBALT SS! red hehe

Ive race my friends 99 Eclipse Gst, its got a shitload of mods from intake til exhaust.

Ive raced 2 g35's (stock) i beat one by about half a car (verrrrry close race) the second one i lost to cuz i missed second gear.

i race a SRT-4 (stock) FINNALY. it was the most fun ive had in a race ever, i saw him passing me in the oncoming lane, he made a utern and caught up to me, we talked a bit as we drove and passed each other, both showing of our cars, we got to an area with few cars we were both going around 50 and we took of (he beat me by about a car) then i let of cuz i dont know the are and didnt want to kill myself, we turned aoround and went back on the same street goign the other way up hill. it was a dead even match till i was in 3rd gear going about 80 when i heard his BOV go of and he went into 4th, when he did that i took a lead by about a car cuz i still had alot of room in 3rd. i dont know i fhe made a mistkae and shifter early, or i it was a clean win. (does anyone knwo the shift points for an SRT-4 cuz i really want to know)

Ive races a Type S (stock) and demolished him
Old 05-31-2005, 12:54 AM

Killed a Lancer Evolution. Read about it in my thread in the war stories.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by SuperCharger
Killed a Lancer Evolution. Read about it in my thread in the war stories.
Clever linking to that thread. Street racing is bad.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:41 PM

1999 Audi A4...
1998 civic SI CAI

yet to find someone who could keep up...
Old 06-07-2005, 04:05 PM

Cool

Originally Posted by Vendian
Street racing is bad.
All I said was that I beat an Evolution, I didn't say WHERE I beat one.
Old 06-07-2005, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by CobaltSS132
it was a dead even match till i was in 3rd gear going about 80 when i heard his BOV go of and he went into 4th, when he did that i took a lead by about a car cuz i still had alot of room in 3rd. i dont know i fhe made a mistkae and shifter early, or i it was a clean win. (does anyone knwo the shift points for an SRT-4 cuz i really want to know)
Should be shifting into 4th at about 5700-6000 RPM. If you heard the BOV then he was doing something wrong... Who lets off the gas to shift during a drag race
Old 06-08-2005, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by CobaltSS132
COBALT SS! red hehe

Ive race my friends 99 Eclipse Gst, its got a shitload of mods from intake til exhaust.

Ive raced 2 g35's (stock) i beat one by about half a car (verrrrry close race) the second one i lost to cuz i missed second gear.

i race a SRT-4 (stock) FINNALY. it was the most fun ive had in a race ever, i saw him passing me in the oncoming lane, he made a utern and caught up to me, we talked a bit as we drove and passed each other, both showing of our cars, we got to an area with few cars we were both going around 50 and we took of (he beat me by about a car) then i let of cuz i dont know the are and didnt want to kill myself, we turned aoround and went back on the same street goign the other way up hill. it was a dead even match till i was in 3rd gear going about 80 when i heard his BOV go of and he went into 4th, when he did that i took a lead by about a car cuz i still had alot of room in 3rd. i dont know i fhe made a mistkae and shifter early, or i it was a clean win. (does anyone knwo the shift points for an SRT-4 cuz i really want to know)

Ive races a Type S (stock) and demolished him
He probably messed a shift up,,,,I don't have either car but I do follow the forums and most of the stories have said that the stock for stock it should be near even until 80-100 then the srt should start walking. From a dig though even the srt owners have said the cobalt jumps out a lil bit in first (better traction) but in 2nd they catch up if not pass.

I actually might end up getting a cobalt over an srt4 if the insurance is a bit cheaper. I can always get the GM discount being that my dad works at the plant here in town. Maybe an 06 if they work out the kinks some people are having.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:29 AM

Can i post my kills, even though it's not in a cobalt?
Old 06-08-2005, 07:37 AM

sure
Old 06-08-2005, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by PaulSS
sure
Kool !!

Well i was racing one night from a street light, I was in the middle of a three lane rd. To my left was a LS Special Edition Acura Integra, My brother. On my right was a unknown person in his Mitsu. GS-T, mods are unknown...ofcourse a blow off but thats all i could tell. Other then the bodykits and neons . So everyone is reving the engine, there was a green civic behind the acura, a yellow SRT4 behind the civic and two bikes behind the SRT4. Behind me was a Blue SRT-4 and behind him was four bikes. Behind the Mitsu was a riced out dodge stratus...nothing to worry about.

Anyways, i climb my revs looking at the opposite side lights to turn yellow...and then face the lights i wait for to turn green. Hopeing my Nitto 555R would grip the slick road. Light turns green, Me and my brother both have the same tires so we jumped ahead of the GS-T, so we jump into second...by this time we left the GS-T and saw noone follow us. So we both just didnt even try third and started to slow down... That when i notice the SRT-4 behind the civic jumped infront of the blue SRT-4 coming stright behind me. and i was already slowing down to like about 45 MPH and the SRT-4 (yellow) didnt notice...so he slams on his brakes... Not noticing the two bikes behind where right on his tail...

So yup, one of the two bikes hit the back corner of the SRT-4 and u know how the rear of the SRT-4 is round...to the bike slings shots to the right lane, (which was the last lane on the right.) Hits the curb and lays flat and start to throw pretty sparks from it's side. I see all Traffic come to a haul and the guy tuck and rolling for a good long time... when he was coming to a close stop he then tucked and rolled one more time only to spring up like a ninja and run off the road to not get smushed. So me and my brother and the SRT4 make a U-Turn and go back. We got out and saw the big group of ppl making sure he was ok. So me and my brother turn to each other and said..."You know he's fallen before with that ninja move"

So yeah, my and my brother got beat by a sliding/sparking motor cycle, by like a gixxer and a half. Which is like a car i guess

Well thats my story, hope u like it.

DISCLAIMER: All this did not take place at houston tx on a sat night. All this was made up. There is no LS Special Edition Integra Nor SRT-4 in real life. Reality will soon take over your body and eventually ur mind.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:07 PM

I don't have a Cobolt SS, but a friend and I ran into one the other day.

My friend has a bone stock 02 GT M5. We saw a Red SS the other day. My friend driving the 02 GT was next to the SS at a light and the two raced. The GT pulled pretty hard off the line (guessing the SS did not have the LSD, he spun pretty badly) but by what I would assume 60 MPH, the GT stopped pulling very hard, pretty much only inching away from it. It was a pretty fun race for my friend. I think from a roll, the race would be close to dead even with a slight nod to the Mustang.

I also raced the SS from a 65 MPH roll. It was not a good race for the SS suffice it to say, put about four cars from 65-90 (I shut down at 90, IDK when the SS shut down). I am also guessing the SS was stock, wasn't too loud and the I could not hear any supercharger whine over my car like I do when racing 03/04 Cobras. And I don't think there are a large pool of mods for the car yet anyway.

It was fun of course and I must say, the SS looked really nice and didn't sound half bad as compared to most 4-bangers I see around (Honda comes to mind)!

edit: I realize I do not have a signature as of yet. I drive a 98 Z28 M6 that is not stock.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:28 AM

Yeah I tried to race one of those STV 4 or whatever Dodge calls them. I pulled up behind a guy then he acted like he was down with it. I pulled parallel at 67 mph and he didnt want to slow down and race so I sped past him and he sped past me, no real fun.

Later on the day I got into a skirmish with a new mustang and toasted it easily. I keep posting as long as my radar detector keeps working! I still need to break it in but my SS is pretty fast. I cant wait until the GM tuner site store is open.

http://homepage.mac.com/kof4life/PhotoAlbum33.html

Old 06-09-2005, 10:24 PM

-Stock 03 Mustang GT
-04 Mustang GT with I/E
-03 SRT-4 with I/E
-5.0 Foxbody Mustang (don't know the year or what he had done, if anything)
-96 Mustang GT with full exhaust
-96 Mustang GT with full exhaust, intake, TB, and ported Mani's
-Stock VW Golf 1.8T(urbo)
and my favorite...
-Stock 04 Cobalt SS
Old 06-09-2005, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by xxbackhillxx
-Stock 03 Mustang GT
-04 Mustang GT with I/E
-03 SRT-4 with I/E
-5.0 Foxbody Mustang (don't know the year or what he had done, if anything)
-96 Mustang GT with full exhaust
-96 Mustang GT with full exhaust, intake, TB, and ported Mani's
-Stock VW Golf 1.8T(urbo)
and my favorite...
-Stock 04 Cobalt SS
... and what do you drive?
Old 06-09-2005, 10:54 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
-Eclispe GT, from a light

-BMW 330CI, from a slow roll.

-I lost to a Mustang GT 93 or 94. I don't know for sure but I suspect it was either a debadge Cobra or highly modified
Old 06-09-2005, 11:11 PM

- Is300 - killed off the line and top end
- 2002 Mustang GT w/ X Pipe, CIA, Gears - stood right on its ass but i could pass
- WRX - started at 50mph and contuined pulling away up to 110mph
- WRX - Cat Back, CIA - 70mph and slowly pulled away with 5 people in my Cobalt SS
- RSX Type S - 40mph and pulled away steadly
- 1992ish Mustang 5.0 - started at 50mph to 120mph and pulling away w/ three people
- 2002 Land Rover Discovery - it was funny
- 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi - hey their pretty fast but not fast enough
- MR2 Turbo - Really close he must have had somethin done to it
- Eclipse Turbo - Also close - 2nd race pulled away in 4th gear
- Porcshe Carrera - it was a Female Driver (no offence) but passed her
- 330ci M3 Pkg. - he was close but then i went bye bye

* All done on open well lite highways with little or no traffic*
Old 06-09-2005, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by PaulSS
... and what do you drive?
A 2003 Grand Am.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Kiss My SS
- Is300 - killed off the line and top end
- 2002 Mustang GT w/ X Pipe, CIA, Gears - stood right on its ass but i could pass
- WRX - started at 50mph and contuined pulling away up to 110mph
- WRX - Cat Back, CIA - 70mph and slowly pulled away with 5 people in my Cobalt SS
- RSX Type S - 40mph and pulled away steadly
- 1992ish Mustang 5.0 - started at 50mph to 120mph and pulling away w/ three people
- 2002 Land Rover Discovery - it was funny
- 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi - hey their pretty fast but not fast enough
- MR2 Turbo - Really close he must have had somethin done to it
- Eclipse Turbo - Also close - 2nd race pulled away in 4th gear
- Porcshe Carrera - it was a Female Driver (no offence) but passed her
- 330ci M3 Pkg. - he was close but then i went bye bye

* All done on open well lite highways with little or no traffic*
u sure about that is300? i thought they had a supra engine in them. i was researching them a while back, they look pretty sweet, but not for $30,000 +. i like how they have rwd! pretty sweat! anyways if u did kill it, congrats.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by stlurbanpunk
u sure about that is300? i thought they had a supra engine in them. i was researching them a while back, they look pretty sweet, but not for $30,000 +. i like how they have rwd! pretty sweat! anyways if u did kill it, congrats.
Close. The IS300 has the 2JZ-GE. Supras pack the 2JZ-GTE. The 2JZ-GE is nowhere close to being as strong as the 2JZ-GTE though.

Quick Reply: Cobalt Ss: Post-a-kill