War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Cobalt SS/SC dominates

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 10:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobalt SS/SC dominates

Just this evening I was coming back from a dinner with my girl in VA in my stock 06. We had just come into MD and it seems everybody was out looking for a challenge. There is a guy in what im pretty sure was the Infinity M (it was debagged and 20's). We catch a light on a 3 lane road and Im 2nd in line, he is behind me. Light turns green and i do a little manuever to get around the other cars and he is riding all over me. I run it up to about 80 and by this time its just me and him so he swings out and here he comes. When he was even with me i drop it to third and gun it. By 100 i am back even with him, by 120 I his front bumper was even with my rear wheels. If i had to guess it was the M35, doubt it was the 4.5 V8 by the way I handle him.

After turning off a Mits GT3000 merges infront and starts making some quick movements through traffic. It wasn't the turbo version but this guy had exhaust and other stuff done to it bc it was loud. We catch a light and he starts revving up. The light is at the bottom of a long climbing hill so i tried to launch at a little higher RPM than normal (Big mistake). I experienced my first bad clutch slip. So after shifting to 2nd, and smelling a great burning smell , it hooks up and starts pulling finally. He jumped out to about a 1.5 car lead. I start reeling him in. by about 70 I had caught him and by 90 I was up by at least a car and cut it off. He does the "ricer" flyby and wouldn't look at me anymore.

My girl had her camera out and started video at the light but from the clutch slipping and me freaking out about it she turned it off bc she thought something had broke and there was no way i could catch the guy. Oh well i got my first 2 kills in the same night. My clutch felt wierd all the way home. Once it cools down it shoudl be ok right??? I have 12,000 miles and only a few times have run the car hard like that.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:59 PM

**** happens man, just idle off the line next time. Clutch should be okay but dont keep doing it.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Posey204
Just this evening I was coming back from a dinner with my girl in VA in my stock 06. We had just come into MD and it seems everybody was out looking for a challenge. There is a guy in what im pretty sure was the Infinity M (it was debagged and 20's). We catch a light on a 3 lane road and Im 2nd in line, he is behind me. Light turns green and i do a little manuever to get around the other cars and he is riding all over me. I run it up to about 80 and by this time its just me and him so he swings out and here he comes. When he was even with me i drop it to third and gun it. By 100 i am back even with him, by 120 I his front bumper was even with my rear wheels. If i had to guess it was the M35, doubt it was the 4.5 V8 by the way I handle him.

After turning off a Mits GT3000 merges infront and starts making some quick movements through traffic. It wasn't the turbo version but this guy had exhaust and other stuff done to it bc it was loud. We catch a light and he starts revving up. The light is at the bottom of a long climbing hill so i tried to launch at a little higher RPM than normal (Big mistake). I experienced my first bad clutch slip. So after shifting to 2nd, and smelling a great burning smell , it hooks up and starts pulling finally. He jumped out to about a 1.5 car lead. I start reeling him in. by about 70 I had caught him and by 90 I was up by at least a car and cut it off. He does the "ricer" flyby and wouldn't look at me anymore.

My girl had her camera out and started video at the light but from the clutch slipping and me freaking out about it she turned it off bc she thought something had broke and there was no way i could catch the guy. Oh well i got my first 2 kills in the same night. My clutch felt wierd all the way home. Once it cools down it shoudl be ok right??? I have 12,000 miles and only a few times have run the car hard like that.
bah, you just broke the clutch in. bound to happen sooner or later whether you take the car to the track or do a good dig race. Good kills
Old 09-30-2006, 11:18 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Nice kills bro. I can't wait to get my 07 SS/SC in december now.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ive done the same thing and the clutch felt wierd. In the morning you will get in and not even know you were hard on it the night before.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:38 PM

good kills!!!
and im also impressed that no ones bitched about street racing. have fun and be safe. nothing wrong with a little fun right
Old 10-01-2006, 12:10 AM

Thanks guys. Yea black06, I have had my car since May and have only race like 4 times. I have passed up on several guys trying to race me when it was heavy traffic and just not safe. Being smart about street racing cuts out alot (but definatly not all) of the risk. Be safe guys and represent the Cobalt well.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice kill dude. You'll always get the ******* ricer fly bye every now and then, and it'll be for nothing too. I remember once coming out of this one lane road, i down shifted to get in front of traffic so it wouldn't be a bitch to merge (flordian drivers are not nice to merging vehicles) so i speed up, go in front of the pack and merge nicely with no problems and then out of like no where a yellow nissan 300 flys by me. Showing off i guess, i guess he didn't like what i did, or felt the need to try and put me in my place. He's just lucky there's too much traffic to do anything about his cockiness. I remember this other time where a kid with a rsx zoomed by me i could see him zooming in out of traffic. He had an rsx, but re-badged it with honda logos and took off the rsx emblem and put a integra emblem instead. I actually thought it was pretty cool, but i went behind him to get around some slow ass car in front of me and i guess he thought i was tryin to start something cuz i could see him looking back at me through his rear view mirror and chuckling he sped off in and around traffic and i just stood with the pack. Sometimes people get the wrong impression and try to **** with you so expect a lot of that. Also, sometimes the coolest thing to do is nothing at all, even though its hard as **** to restrain yourself when you know what you got.