War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Cobalt ss/sc vs celica gts

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobalt ss/sc vs celica gts

Man this guy realy hates our cars. I don't get why people think just because it is american our cars can't hang. You guys really should see this thread it really P me off. What is this guy thinking any ways. Here check it out. It is reply number 6.http://videos.streetfire.net/Comment...1E60775216.htm
Old 04-03-2006, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by ssritz
Man this guy realy hates our cars. I don't get why people think just because it is american our cars can't hang. You guys really should see this thread it really P me off. What is this guy thinking any ways. Here check it out. It is reply number 6.http://videos.streetfire.net/Comment...1E60775216.htm

Boo hoo.

Lets start another OH MY GOSH THEY'RE BASHING MY COBALT thread.

Old 04-03-2006, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Leafy
Boo hoo.

Lets start another OH MY GOSH THEY'RE BASHING MY COBALT thread.

LOL. Come on I get a good kick out if it when I race people whit my 2.2 talk S , and when I challenge them to a rematch and see my SS/SC they back of. This is what they get .
Old 04-03-2006, 06:58 PM

That's not my point. More and more threads like this are popping up, like the Mustang thread AGAIN.

It makes the board look like it houses a bunch of whiners.

You gain respect by showing respect, if someone doesn't like your car, then tip your hat to them, tell them how much you like theirs and walk away.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:06 PM

Most ppl just hate cause GM wants to get a piece of the tuner market. These days, jap car companies are owning the americans in the tuner segment. its good that the SRT's and SS's are being pushed to the younger market. But there will always be haters.

I admit in the beginning I didn't think too much of the SS. Mainly cause my friend with a SS started talking sauce bout how his SS can dust my WRX and every car that speed/power range. But in the end its a decent car for what you pay for and modded ones are pretty fast. In the end there will always be haters for every car maker. Even SS owners hate on some other cars. It goes around and around...But I think there is always some repsect that ppl have for other cars.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by STi_WRX02
Most ppl just hate cause GM wants to get a piece of the tuner market. These days, jap car companies are owning the americans in the tuner segment. its good that the SRT's and SS's are being pushed to the younger market. But there will always be haters.

I admit in the beginning I didn't think too much of the SS. Mainly cause my friend with a SS started talking sauce bout how his SS can dust my WRX and every car that speed/power range. But in the end its a decent car for what you pay for and modded ones are pretty fast. In the end there will always be haters for every car maker. Even SS owners hate on some other cars. It goes around and around...But I think there is always some repsect that ppl have for other cars.
Yes I strongly agree with you. The way I see it in the street it depends on how good the driver is and how deep is his pocket. Any car has the potential to beat any car but if some one wants to talk pit them stock for stock.

Last edited by ssritz; 04-06-2006 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:30 PM

That's not my point. More and more threads like this are popping up, like the Mustang thread AGAIN.

You gain respect by showing respect, if someone doesn't like your car, then tip your hat to them, tell them how much you like theirs and walk away.
Sorry if it came out the wrong way.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:25 PM

Yes, you are a good man. Don't whine, just move on. There will always be someone who doesn't like your car...everyone likes something different. Be the better person and move on. If possible, settle it at the track or on the strip.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Vmango
Yes, you are a good man. Don't whine, just move on. There will always be someone who doesn't like your car...everyone likes something different. Be the better person and move on. If possible, settle it at the track or on the strip.
YOU ARE CORRECT
Old 04-03-2006, 08:31 PM

that thing about kids backing down to the ss/sc is funny
Old 04-03-2006, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by mycavisux97
that thing about kids backing down to the ss/sc is funny
Yeah I think it's hilarious . Just the other day I was driving from work and their was a scion tc cruising with his friend. his friend had an integra gsr. Well he we are at the light the gsr behind me and the scion next to me. The light turns green and the scion got the jump but I stook with him and the gsr behind me. Eventualy the scion beat me and the dude in the pulled up next to me and was laughing at me. So I decided to have a little pow wow with him ,and he started talking trash about how cobalts are crap and how they can't compete with japanese cars, and how a moded gsr would beat my cobalt. So I ask him what he got , and the clown said "you have to find out". " O really" I said (luckily I was about 5 minutes from my house, and got the SS. Both my cars are yellow LOL . So I told him 564 25mph rolling start. 564 is a highway conecting to the local naval base wich is deserted at around midnight on the weekdays. Long story short beat him by 3 car lengths bone stock. His mods 6 psi gredy turbo with custom 3" exhauset and down pipe. He didn't have a gsr motor since it was SOHC (I look at his mods after I tore him a new one). He blamed it on his shifting and his friend said didn't know how to drive his car yet. I've noticed that after beating Evo' and Sti's (from a rolling start)they all say the same thing ohh he can't drive. So does that mean the best drivers drive american cars (cough cobalts). ? The world may never know
Old 04-03-2006, 11:52 PM

funny post! yea, I've beaten a turbo civic HB before. And I've heard a few other stories of people beating "unstaoppable" turbo Honda's. Maybe they're not as good as some us thought?